PDA

View Full Version : My 08 smart 451 Cabrio !!!!

2micro4u
10-30-2012, 11:26 PM
08 smart Fortwo 451 Cabrio pics

manilikecars
10-31-2012, 01:47 AM
I can appreciate the work but I just don't like smart cars. Funniest story I've heard is a long time was people tipping them like cows. I mean it sucks for the owners and isn't right, but that just cracks me up. Guess I just never got into these kind of cars. Also goes for the iq and fiat.

Sinfix_15
10-31-2012, 03:01 AM
I like to think of myself as a man's man, the kind of man that grows a beard overnight and eats steak at every sitting................ but......

id drive the fucking wheels off one of those little bastards.

No homo.

Bacon
10-31-2012, 03:55 AM
I like to think of myself as a man's man, the kind of man that grows a beard overnight and eats steak at every sitting................ but......

id drive the fucking wheels off one of those little bastards.

No homo.

Yep.....me too.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

boostedb16
10-31-2012, 07:44 AM
shit i am 6'5" and i would drive the piss out of this, even if i was looking over the windshield hahaha. i want to do a rig shot on one of these bad.

Sammich
10-31-2012, 08:00 AM
yall know that a fender bender in this would require jaws of life? LOL

E36slide
10-31-2012, 08:09 AM
Damn that's small....

I'm sorry but with all the idiot drivers out there i would never attempt to drive this on a open road with other cars. I thought a miata was small and dangerous. Lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Elbow
10-31-2012, 09:12 AM
Damn that's small....

I'm sorry but with all the idiot drivers out there i would never attempt to drive this on a open road with other cars. I thought a miata was small and dangerous. Lol

Smart cars are actually really safe, do some homework.

Elbow
10-31-2012, 09:13 AM
Oh and I must know. Why? Literally. Why?

Smart cars have NO benefit, unless you lived in NYC or something and really wanted a car, what's the point? They don't get insanely good mpg and you can't carry stuff. So WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I want to punt every single one of them off the road I see because I just see NO reason in owning one.

Sammich
10-31-2012, 09:18 AM
hold up!!!!!!!!!! the front wheel is bigger than the rear?! LMAO

E36slide
10-31-2012, 09:49 AM
Smart cars are actually really safe, do some homework.

No need. There to small.

Sammich
10-31-2012, 09:52 AM
they're?

Elbow
10-31-2012, 09:53 AM
No need. There to small.

There what? Where?

Doppelgänger
10-31-2012, 10:01 AM
Meh, tinted tails are rice.

E36slide
10-31-2012, 11:31 AM
There what? Where?

Sorry they're to small...

Does the smart car have a smart feature that tells you to duck your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye when a truck is about to hit you? Maybe an ejection button with a parachute?

What safety feature could possibly save you from a head on collision in that micro car?

Enlighten me.

VQ35 Star
10-31-2012, 11:35 AM
Mehhhh, how does it feel to be on the freeway when a semi blows past you?

Elbow
10-31-2012, 11:37 AM
Sorry they're to small...

Does the smart car have a smart feature that tells you to duck your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye when a truck is about to hit you? Maybe an ejection button with a parachute?

What safety feature could possibly save you from a head on collision in that micro car?

Enlighten me.

What safety features do you have in any car for events like that? You can add as many airbags and what not as you want, but unless you're wearing a helmet and a HANS device the biggest issue will always be your neck.

As for the Smart, it has a monocoque type safety cell. Which does a good job for starters.

Obviously you aren't suppose to drive Smart cars down the interstate, or at least common sense says not to.

smart car safety crash test - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3bFhVvdlaI)

E36slide
10-31-2012, 11:42 AM
What safety features do you have in any car for events like that? You can add as many airbags and what not as you want, but unless you're wearing a helmet and a HANS device the biggest issue will always be your neck.

As for the Smart, it has a monocoque type safety cell. Which does a good job for starters.

Obviously you aren't suppose to drive Smart cars down the interstate, or at least common sense says not to.

smart car safety crash test - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3bFhVvdlaI)

I've actually seen a few on the high way lol

I wear a helmet every where i go

Sil'vr-Boi6
10-31-2012, 12:06 PM
I'd do a Hayabusa swap on one of these.

1civic
10-31-2012, 12:54 PM
In for the 1300cc busa swap... WUT!!

manilikecars
10-31-2012, 03:45 PM
They have an extremely well designed egg design. And they are very strong. I watched a video of them slamming into a concrete barrier at 70 and the windshield didn't even crack, which is amazing. The flaw is the car doesn't really have much of a crumple zone. Most cars are "weaker" in the front and rear so during an impact they crumple and help decelerate the strength of the impact. While these cars do have them they have drastically less and when you hit the wall at 70mph your car stops and you continue traveling at 70mph off the dashboard. Though still deadly in a standard sized car you have greater chances of surviving due to the deceleration help of cars with larger crumple zones.

D3UC3S
10-31-2012, 07:35 PM
Its called a diablo....when its got the busa motor. Look it up.

Puts busses on a ferrari in the 1/4.

fatty
10-31-2012, 07:42 PM
the transmission sucks. a 3 cylinder motor should never be paired up with an automatic. it litterally throws you forward every time it changes gears. but its still cool and I would drive it. they crashed a smart into a four door sedan at over 50 mph hour ad the crash test dummies only recorded moderate injuries. thats not bad

quickdodge®
10-31-2012, 08:16 PM
Meh, tinted tails are rice.

And the "lambo" doors aren't? Lolol. Smart cars are pretty cool, but I wouldn't detail mine like this one.

Mehhhh, how does it feel to be on the freeway when a semi blows past you?

No one may never know. As a tractor trailer driver, I've never passed one.

But I do get passed by them all the time. They're pretty damn fast.

fatty
10-31-2012, 08:21 PM
And\

No one may never know. As a tractor trailer driver, I've never passed one.

But I do get passed by them all the time. They're pretty damn fast.
it just takes a very very very long time for them to get fast

DoriDori
11-02-2012, 04:43 PM
I can appreciate the work but I just don't like smart cars. Funniest story I've heard is a long time was people tipping them like cows. I mean it sucks for the owners and isn't right, but that just cracks me up. Guess I just never got into these kind of cars. Also goes for the iq and fiat.

Hahaha! That's hilarious! But yeah, destruction of other's property isn't cool. Unless it's a hybrid. Then it's understandable. Not a big fan of trendy micro autos. For the same price tag I could build or buy a more practical car. For the the entry level 13,000$ smart car, i could get a bigger compact car with equal MPG, and more factory support. Like the Fiesta.

Sinfix_15
11-02-2012, 04:53 PM
on the subject of mini vehicles, id LOVE to have one of these.
http://www.doubleroutdoorproducts.com/images/DeluxeSBsilver.jpg