PDA

View Full Version : my 93 vtech civic has no spark with new dizzy

mosei
10-25-2012, 02:12 PM
Ok so i got a new distributor and put it on the car but,even with the new one it still has no

spark so now i'm stuck with no other options on what else i should check in order

to get this car running again. I even change the old ecu because the old one did not run my fuel pump,but the new one does

but still no spark. the motor turns but won't start up.

oreign
10-25-2012, 03:34 PM
main relay?

D3UC3S
10-25-2012, 03:56 PM
Does it have dial tone??

SPOOLIN
10-25-2012, 05:38 PM
LoL

mosei
10-25-2012, 09:20 PM
the main relay in the car seems to be working well right now, or is that it is working but not as good,is that possible. man I really need to get this

thing running so i can get to work ugh. I would like to know what else will cause this problem to happen

johnny_d
10-25-2012, 10:40 PM
Spray some starting fluid through throttle body if it turns on then you sir have a fuel problem maybe injectors, main relay, fuel pump. If you try to start it and pull one coil out put it near a bolt and no spark,, maybe defective dizzy, check ground, make sure all wiring is good no cuts and check if your computer is blinking red ,,if it is bad computer

Sunkenkarma
11-03-2012, 05:45 AM
Had this same thing happen to me, changed out the main relay, nothing, make sure you hear your fuel pump priming when you turn the key, it turned out to be the fuel pump fuse under the hood.