PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods Gauging interest: 5 lug conversion hubs group buy

Black R
10-20-2012, 01:50 PM
Mods I hope this is ok, but will remove it if it's not...

I'm posting here to see if you guys are interested in some 5-lug conversion hubs for the EF chassis.

I have known a local machinist / friend for close to 10 years, and he does awesome work.
He works closely with Panoz / Élan Motorsports and makes all kinds of CNC parts for them + a lot of other companies.

Anyway, I have asked him if we could do a prototype 5-lug conversion hub.

Why?

Fitment: There are a lot of wheels in 5-lug sizes / offset which aren't available in 4-lug.

Appearance: 5-lug looks awesome.

Safety: An extra lug to hold your wheel on can be a lifesaver.

Current solutions don't exist:
Well there currently isn't a 'good' way to do a 5-lug conversion on the EF chassis.
The itr knuckle is about ~1" too tall and can result in too much positive camber.

Weight: The itr knuckle is HEAVY.

Cost: I have the itr 5-lug on my current autox EF and love it, but the cost of a 5-lug conversion for the average enthusiast just can't be justified.

So, if we could make 5-lug conversion hubs for around $50-$100 per corner, I think this would help those who want 5lug.
Bolt on and redrill your rotors. Done! We could include arp studs if you desire.

Now I'm just posting to gauge interest.
Is this something you would buy?
If we have enough interest, then I will set up a group buy.
This isn't a moneymaker, and the prices will reflect only the cost of materials + CNC hours and shipping.
I won't make a dime off this, but it's something I'd like to see available.

Anyway guys, what do you think?

My 5lug ef to get you pumped!

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c164/Black_R/EF/enkei001-1.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c164/Black_R/EF/c2053e63.jpg

johnny_d
10-20-2012, 02:55 PM
That would be cool, cheaper 5 lug conversion,,, I'm down to do it,,,, so roughly 400 bucks not bad

Black R
10-24-2012, 11:24 AM
It could end up being $200... Depending on the interest it generates.

Boosting EG
10-24-2012, 12:27 PM
any 5 lug wheels for sale

NoWAyItZTOMmY
10-24-2012, 07:58 PM
That would be cool, cheaper 5 lug conversion,,, I'm down to do it,,,, so roughly 400 bucks not bad

for EFs because their wheel bearing ID is way smaller than the ITR OD

Black R
10-25-2012, 07:36 AM
for EFs because their wheel bearing ID is way smaller than the ITR OD

Technically the hub is different, son you can't use itr hubs on ef knuckles.

And yes this is aimed at EF's, but if you want some for your EG, we could make those too. :)

RsonGt3's
10-25-2012, 09:34 AM
I need an itr hub my rear wheel bearing is noisy as heck where can i find one?

NoWAyItZTOMmY
10-25-2012, 02:12 PM
Technically the hub is different, son you can't use itr hubs on ef knuckles.

And yes this is aimed at EF's, but if you want some for your EG, we could make those too. :)

yea i know the hub is different. i was going by FFsquad diy, where they used da hub and bearing with itr hub. and they machined the hub a bit.

honda, they are about 120? or you can check out 97-01 prelude one.

NAIZBST
10-25-2012, 04:47 PM
98 1998 Acura Integra Wheel Hub Assembly - Driveshaft & Axle - Beck Arnley, First Equipment Quality, GMB, Koyo, NTN, National, PartsMaster, Pronto, SKF, Timken, Rear - PartsGeek (http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/1998/acura/integra/driveshaft_-ar-_axle/wheel_hub_assembly.html)

Black R
10-30-2012, 08:40 AM
yea i know the hub is different. i was going by FFsquad diy, where they used da hub and bearing with itr hub. and they machined the hub a bit.
honda, they are about 120? or you can check out 97-01 prelude one.

I meant to say so and not 'son' in my reply to you.

I saw the ffsquad write up, and either the info is wrong or... Idk.

I've measured hubs and bearings of siR/ex vs itr, and it's not .5mm like they posted - it's 5mm.
That's a ton to take off from a load bearing area - especially for a part that could kill you if it fails.