PDA

View Full Version : Places Savannah

Bacon
10-16-2012, 01:55 PM
Is anyone on IA living down here? The company I work for just opened a satellite office here and I am likely relocating. Any particular areas to watch out for? Found a few houses for sale and not sure where to buy.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

stealth1
10-16-2012, 03:30 PM
yea most people i know stay outside of savannah and i would say stay away from garden city....Pooler is about 5-10mins from there and is a pretty nice area, just the apartments are a tad more expensive because that is where everyone is moving out of savannah to go there......If you can afford to live on skidaway island i would say go there, the place is called the landings. Thats where the doctors live, i would assume thats like the buckhead of atlanta.

Bacon
10-16-2012, 05:19 PM
I won't go anywhere expensive. Gotta be on a budget since I'll be the only one working for the time being. Found a few houses for sale but not sure what areas to look into first.

quickdodgeŽ
10-16-2012, 06:52 PM
I would move to Savannah in a heartbeat. But only because it's near the ocean. Aside from doing some good ghost hunting and (at least) seeing the ocean, Savannah doesn't have anything for me. Like I said, though, if it's a choice between Atlanta (area) and Savannah, pack your bags.

David88vert
10-16-2012, 06:53 PM
Dayton lives there. Ill text you his number.

Bacon
10-16-2012, 07:21 PM
We don't have a whole lot of time at the moment to do much searching as I am on the clock 24/7 for the next two weeks but I will keep looking into areas around here.

stealth1
10-17-2012, 06:21 AM
[QUOTE=Bacon;39458775]I won't go anywhere expensive. Gotta be on a budget since I'll be the only one working for the time being. Found a few houses for sale but not sure what areas to look into first.

By expensive I mean compared to statesboro where you can rent a room in a apartment for 300/month and 500-600/month for a studio.....Pooler is 700-800 for a studio or 850 for a two bedroom apartment. Hell in orlando just a room with three strangers living with you was running my brother 1200/month and that was not anything fancy. He did find the same deal but 800/month but the guy told him he wouldnt even live in those apt......I personally would pay 100-200 more a month for added security, not only for me but for my wife and kids (if i had them)..........Sav. is a big area so it is like all of your big cities, areas you go to and areas you avoid.

Goodluck in your search

Bacon
10-17-2012, 07:12 AM
I need to find a house though. I have two kids and four dogs. An apartment is out of the question.