PDA

View Full Version : Lolol @ your Atlanta Braves...

quickdodgeŽ
10-05-2012, 07:27 PM
One and done, lolol.

Typical "professional" Atlanta sports team.

-EnVus-
10-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Screw you i will come throw bottles and energy drinks on your lawn that was just a horrible call and baseball needs replay ruling lol

.blank cd
10-06-2012, 06:35 AM
One and done, lolol.

Typical "professional" Atlanta sports team.I'll finally get a chance to sorta disagree with you

This sudden death playoff game was a blunder from the start. In a game that prides itself on large sample sizes (162 game season, 5 game playoffs, 7 game WS), a one game series does not measure a better team. In any given game, the KC Royals can beat the NY Yankees. The braves were in all reality in the wild card spot, being 8 games ahead of the cardinals

The game had its fair share of mishaps, and Braves defense was inexcusably sloppy, and for a team thats been to the playoffs 15 times in the past 20 years, its hard to believe this team broke so hard under pressure. I cant necessarily give the cards the strikeout on Ross if he legitimately called time before the pitch was thrown. He may have swung just in case the ump didnt hear his call. I think the resulting home run was legitimate. I'll give them all the wild throws, and Ill give them Simmons running in the grass. What absolutely blew my mind was what happend in the bottom of the 8th. An infield fly called in the middle of left field. The infielder must have been able to make the catch with ORDINARY EFFORT. That simply did not happen in this case. The call is supposed to be made to protect the baserunners from fielders intentionally dropping the ball to set up a double play. The play was so far out, they wouldnt have been able to make a play at 2nd anyway. There should have been bases loaded with one out for Bourn and Prado. Definitely changed the course of the game. Sam Holbrook is completely incompetent, or he was paid off by someone who bet huge against the braves.

If you want to have a wild card playoff, make it best of 3. Every single team has off days. Thats normal. 3 off days is shitty baseball. But we dont need a wildcard playoff. What Selig did was a money grab, he did it for ratings and money. They would have been better off doing a coin toss to decide who goes to the wild card. There will forever be an asterisk over this game

TL;DR: The Braves should be playing the Nationals this sunday. No question about it. The Braves were undoubtedly the better team this year, and no 3 hr playoff game will convince me otherwise. Hopefully this will strengthen the case for replay in baseball and for Bud Selig to finally retire.

quickdodgeŽ
10-06-2012, 07:07 AM
Screw you i will come throw bottles and energy drinks on your lawn that was just a horrible call and baseball needs replay ruling lol

The Braves lost, plain and simple. No reversal on that pop fly call was going to change that. You give up five free runs and you deserve to lose.

I'll finally get a chance to sorta disagree with you

This isn't a disagreement. Not even a "sorta" disagreement. What I posted was a fact. Except for 1995 (Braves World Series) and almost 1998 (Falcons loss in Super Bowl), Atlanta teams are a "make the playoffs and go home" bunch. You said it yourself (albeit a bit wrong), the Braves won a playoff spot seventeen times in the last twenty-one years and have only one World Series to show for it? The Falcons are the same way. They are 0-3 in the last three playoff appearances (Matt Ryan/Mike Smith), yet during the regular season have one of the best records in football during that four year span. The Hawks? Again, the same. They seem to make the playoffs every year. They never make it to the finals. Even if they make it past the first round.

Now as for your reply. I agree with your comment about the one game playoff. I think it's ridiculous, myself. And I would say the same thing had the Braves won. Baseball is a season of series. You have three and four game series all season long and five and seven during the postseason. What is the purpose of a one game "playoff" like that?

Don't get me wrong about this thread, though. I've been a fan of Atlanta sports teams since before any of you guys were born. I'm definitely not a bandwagon fan. I was at Fulton County Stadium watching the Braves all through the losing 1980s when they couldn't fill a bathroom stall, much less the stadium. I still have my 1980 Falcons football helmet (full padding and made by Rawlings) that I got for Christmas in 1980. So I have room to spout off, lolol.

Andr3w
10-06-2012, 08:37 AM
I'm a pretty big Braves fan and I'll say they deserved to lose. I wish they didn't however. I mean the two errors that I saw were HUGE! The Braves don't hardly make errors but they sure as hell made them count last night. Bad call or not they probably would have lost anyway. I hate to say that but it's true. For the record I do hate the new wildcard game style they are doing now. Kinda crazy...they need to just keep it like it has always been.