PDA

View Full Version : My '02 Ranger Edge idles rough, help?

Steeze
10-02-2012, 10:31 PM
My auto ford edge is killing me that I can't find out what's wrong!:thinking:
I have changed the plugs, plug wires, ignition coil, pcv valve and hose. The check engine light went off after changing the pcv valve but still is idling rough and now a tester can't tell me the issue. Oil was changed 2 days ago, the truck has 150 k miles. Any help out there?????:cry:

silversol
10-02-2012, 10:49 PM
I had a 03 edge with the 3.0 I had pcv hose collapse and caused a few issues. Try reseting the ecu it still might not have cleared the code

1civic
10-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Check for any vacuum leaks..

Steeze
10-02-2012, 11:29 PM
Will do both tomorrow^ Thanks.!

Steeze
10-02-2012, 11:32 PM
When I bought the truck, the guy had no clue the issue but I saw it clearly. The pcv hose was completely melted and when you squeezed it, it felt like bubblegum. I changed it.. same issue... changed the spark plugs, spark plug wires, and got an oil change all together.. still same issue.. Then changed ignition coil.. same issue... So I let my lack of knowledge get the best of me.

1civic
10-03-2012, 12:22 AM
When I bought the truck, the guy had no clue the issue but I saw it clearly. The pcv hose was completely melted and when you squeezed it, it felt like bubblegum. I changed it.. same issue... changed the spark plugs, spark plug wires, and got an oil change all together.. still same issue.. Then changed ignition coil.. same issue... So I let my lack of knowledge get the best of me.

No, you did right.. Just check for vaccum leaks and clean Mass air..

On a side note:

That intake was bad about leaking, so be smart to have it smoked at a shop, cost very little money.. Or just a can of carb cleaner works..

Steeze
10-03-2012, 12:40 AM
Thanks for the info man!