PDA

View Full Version : Misc Sony makes move on microsoft

Negrodamus
12-05-2005, 11:06 PM
The Link (http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/05_42/b3955113.htm)
Sony is giving Microsoft the boot when its coming to the dvd formats that both systems will support. Blue Ray seems to be winning over HD-DVD, and walmart has said they will only carry one format, so someone is getting to get screwed. Dell and HP are already standing behind Blue-ray.

With the PC market + WAL-MART hd-dvd will be dead i.e divx, beta max and vcd". That means that the xbox 360 media format is worthless.

360= Sega Dreamcast Muhahahahahahahahahah "all that hype for nothing"

Sony will win the console war without a doubt, even before the ps3 is launced.

Spyder
12-05-2005, 11:08 PM
The Link (http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/05_42/b3955113.htm)
Sony is giving Microsoft the boot when its coming to the dvd formats that both systems will support. Blue Ray seems to be winning over HD-DVD, and walmart has said they will only carry one format, so someone is getting to get screwed. Dell and HP are already standing behind Blue-ray.

With the PC market + WAL-MART hd-dvd will be dead i.e divx, beta max and vcd". That means that the xbox 360 media format is worthless.

360= Sega Dreamcast Muhahahahahahahahahah "all that hype for nothing"

Sony will win the console war without a doubt, even before the ps3 is launced.

format of the disk only matters so much, look at sony and their new UMD BS for the PSP, they are the ONLY ones that use it and they sell just fine.

Vuongy_Dong
12-05-2005, 11:23 PM
i hope umd sells pretty good. my company just spent about 30 million on injection moulding machines and automation to make the shells. if it doesnt sell good, then we are out of a job.

Spyder
12-05-2005, 11:27 PM
i hope umd sells pretty good. my company just spent about 30 million on injection moulding machines and automation to make the shells. if it doesnt sell good, then we are out of a job.
Well sony is the only one that uses it. its only used in the PSP. Sony pioneered the technology then used it in their own product... will it take off ? i doubt it. why you ask? simple, because they dont allow you to use homebrews or burned applications on a PSP there for there is no reason to burn to these disc unless you are running version 1.50 on your PSP. Sony also created mini disc, it is the largest world wide format and at the bottom of the stack in america, infact we sell more RECORDS then we do MD's in america each year.

Vuongy_Dong
12-06-2005, 12:09 AM
Well sony is the only one that uses it. its only used in the PSP. Sony pioneered the technology then used it in their own product... will it take off ? i doubt it. why you ask? simple, because they dont allow you to use homebrews or burned applications on a PSP there for there is no reason to burn to these disc unless you are running version 1.50 on your PSP. Sony also created mini disc, it is the largest world wide format and at the bottom of the stack in america, infact we sell more RECORDS then we do MD's in america each year.
i under stand ya. Sony also spent some mad cheese on their automation and machinery. They contrated us to make the shells for them. they also bought the 1 million dollar per mold for us. total of 4 for now. Ive heard different about it. Sony is trying to come out with a more compacity umd disc and use it on their movies. They will also make the player for it.

RandomGuy
12-06-2005, 03:22 AM
i under stand ya. Sony also spent some mad cheese on their automation and machinery. They contrated us to make the shells for them. they also bought the 1 million dollar per mold for us. total of 4 for now. Ive heard different about it. Sony is trying to come out with a more compacity umd disc and use it on their movies. They will also make the player for it.
lol @ Compacity

anyways blue-ray = the future, no doubt, whether it be the next 2 years or the next 5 years... from all the mags and articles, seems that the industry is preparing...

I think they said by the end of next year with a tuned frequency a typical blueray disk will hold upwards of 30GB...thats insane.

Hulud
12-06-2005, 09:17 AM
all microsoft has to do is change the dvd drives again nothing to put your panties in a wad about

Spyder
12-06-2005, 09:26 AM

Again sony's UMD will be the same here in America as MD. It may take off and do really well, it may do as well as MD and be the largest data storage format in the world... it will still be shunned here because Americans resist change.