PDA

View Full Version : Small moment of American pride.

Sinfix_15
09-29-2012, 03:32 AM
Riding to work today on my bike when i'm the first vehicle to get stopped by the train crossing. Usually this is something that annoys me greatly, however this train was full of interesting military vehicles so it wasnt so bad. Goes by a few minutes and it's hummers and service vehicles ect ect... towards the end of it was nothing but big ass tanks.... i noticed that every tank had it's own named painted on barrel of the cannon......

As these big ass tanks go by, i start reading the names on the barrel of each tank..... i cant remember them all... but it was Doc Holliday, Duece Bigalow, Big Daddy, Terminator, Maverick..... ect ect... you get the point....

And i thought to myself..... only in America.

http://worldwest.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2012/07/03/7-4Tank1RGB_t360.jpg?08762bacb7cfe1fceac1012efbf2749 e3290ffac

RandomGuy
09-29-2012, 03:59 AM
Badass, shoulda got a pic. That' was a sick photo op.

D3UC3S
09-29-2012, 07:31 AM
Hell yes!!!

I built a power generator facility on the Marine Corps Logistics Base in Albany. Being surrounded by that much american badassery, i felt the same way.

.blank cd
09-29-2012, 08:38 AM
Overly glorified militarism. Only in America.

Matt300ZXT
09-29-2012, 12:03 PM
Ya know I've read multiple responses of yours to posts on this forum of a politicalish nature, and it's fine to have opinions that differ from others....but you seem like a totally limp wristed communist that hates America for being a successful country and looks for any opportunity to insult it.

green91
09-29-2012, 12:29 PM

So you have no pride in the accomplishments of our military? I think they have every right and ability to be proud of what they do and if naming some of their tools brings them any amount of satisfaction to them regarding their roles, I am all for it.

Sinfix_15
09-29-2012, 01:05 PM

It wasnt about the tank or the military........ it was that freedom of expression is so ingrained in our DNA that it's OK to name a tank Duece Bigalow. That somewhere in the world, people arent allowed to read a book of their choosing or own a cell phone and our soldiers are allowed to name their tanks after pop culture movies.

Go cast your vote for the food stamp president, this is the type of thing he would apologize to a muslim for.

D3UC3S
09-29-2012, 02:39 PM
Well said guys.

Catnip
09-29-2012, 04:53 PM

Lots of other places you could go, if American isn't up to your standards.

BanginJimmy
09-29-2012, 04:59 PM

I hear N. Korea is nice this time of year.

Got Milk?
09-29-2012, 05:06 PM
It wasnt about the tank or the military........ it was that freedom of expression is so ingrained in our DNA that it's OK to name a tank Duece Bigalow. That somewhere in the world, people arent allowed to read a book of their choosing or own a cell phone and our soldiers are allowed to name their tanks after pop culture movies.

Go cast your vote for the food stamp president, this is the type of thing he would apologize to a muslim for.

Why Muslims? I'm a Muslim, I don't need his apology for anything. For one I love USA, I support our soldiers and what they are doing in the middle east, and I've donated money to our soldiers on numerous occasions. I have three family members fighting over there right now for your freedom, who are also Muslim. So you if you want to give an apology to these "Muslims", an apology for your ignorance would be a good start.

What is wrong with freedom to do w.e. we want, if that includes naming your tank to your liking.

Sinfix_15
09-29-2012, 05:33 PM
Why Muslims? I'm a Muslim, I don't need his apology for anything. For one I love USA, I support our soldiers and what they are doing in the middle east, and I've donated money to our soldiers on numerous occasions. I have three family members fighting over there right now for your freedom, who are also Muslim. So you if you want to give an apology to these "Muslims", an apology for your ignorance would be a good start.

What is wrong with freedom to do w.e. we want, if that includes naming your tank to your liking.

Nothing i said should offend you. I worded it insensitively, as i often do, but the point is that this is the type of thing that Obama would apologize for to someone who did not believe in it. Am i wrong for drawing a connection between Muslims and a lack of tolerance towards freedom of speech?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mveHL3n_4ME/S6l5Ukq28gI/AAAAAAAADbs/HJmJtzpfPmQ/s1600/muslim220806_228x266.jpg

.blank cd
09-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Whoops!

.blank cd
09-29-2012, 06:32 PM

That's the most ignorant, unbelievably stupid response I've ever seen, and I've read comments from theblaze.com. Congratulations!

.blank cd
09-29-2012, 06:36 PM
::face palm::

.blank cd
09-29-2012, 06:40 PM
Ya know I've read multiple responses of yours to posts on this forum of a politicalish nature, and it's fine to have opinions that differ from others....but you seem like a totally limp wristed communist that hates America for being a successful country and looks for any opportunity to insult it.

I guess I can't blame you for not understanding a word I say since you have about the intellectual depth of a single sheet of 1-ply prison issue toilet paper.

Matt300ZXT
09-29-2012, 07:21 PM
Do you even know anything about me? Nope, you don't know anything about who I am, what I think or believe....however you make it painfully obvious through your anti-American posts that you are a complete pussy who'd apparently let people (foreign or governmental) come take your freedoms or property away from you w/o even putting up a fight. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must be a duck.

Catnip
09-29-2012, 08:40 PM
That's the most ignorant, unbelievably stupid response I've ever seen, and I've read comments from theblaze.com. Congratulations!

How do you figure?

Elbow
09-30-2012, 06:18 AM

Wow...

98blackcivic
09-30-2012, 11:22 PM
Nothing i said should offend you. I worded it insensitively, as i often do, but the point is that this is the type of thing that Obama would apologize for to someone who did not believe in it. Am i wrong for drawing a connection between Muslims and a lack of tolerance towards freedom of speech?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mveHL3n_4ME/S6l5Ukq28gI/AAAAAAAADbs/HJmJtzpfPmQ/s1600/muslim220806_228x266.jpg

u just wont understand so fuck it.

Sinfix_15
09-30-2012, 11:29 PM
u just wont understand so fuck it.

i think all religions are silly. if you think your religion is important enough that i deserve to be killed for insulting it, then no, i dont understand. fuck it.

Catnip
10-01-2012, 12:00 AM
http://chzmemeafterdark.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/grab-the-bull-by-the-horns-then-face-fuck-it1.jpg

.blank cd
10-01-2012, 12:31 AM
So you have no pride in the accomplishments of our military? I think they have every right and ability to be proud of what they do and if naming some of their tools brings them any amount of satisfaction to them regarding their roles, I am all for it.This is not what my post meant. I dont give a shit what they name their tanks. Thats fine. And there are some accomplishments I feel some deserve recognition for. I would be the first person in line to defend the United States if our liberty and way of life was at stake. But its not, it hasnt been for a long time, probably never will be in our lifetime, and no, everything the military does is not great, and over-glorification and pseudo-patriotism, one, detracts from their actual accomplishments, and two, detracts people from the truth that we are not the greatest country on earth anymore so that they're less apt to speak out about it.

Guess I didnt know it was so socially taboo to speak ill of the military. I guess its only ok to speak ill of the government right? LOL

Do you even know anything about me? Nope, you don't know anything about who I am, what I think or believe....however you make it painfully obvious through your anti-American posts that you are a complete pussy who'd apparently let people (foreign or governmental) come take your freedoms or property away from you w/o even putting up a fight. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must be a duck.Ok. Let me rephrase my last post to make it more congruent with yours, so it doesnt seem like Im hastily generalizing you: You make it painfully obvious through your incoherent rambling that you have the intellectual depth of a 1-ply sheet of prison issue toilet paper. Every day I hear, "Fuck Obumba this" and "fuck Obama that" and the responses (down here in the south anyway) is "LOL HAHAHA UR SO RIGHT OBAMA IS A IDIAT", but when I say America over-glorifies its military, Im a limp-wristed communist? Heh. Dont make me laugh

How do you figure?Because thats the typical answer people give when they're punched square in the throat with cold hard controversial truth: "If you dont like it, go somewhere else". Its a cop out for actually having to think about an answer. As much as I would love to go somewhere else, I'd rather it change here.

Wow...Damn right wow. And Id say it again.

David88vert
10-01-2012, 07:47 AM
.blank_cd, it's the US military's accomplishments that have given the the opportunity to express your beliefs and opinions. That's a pretty large accomplishment, spanning centuries of conflict, not over-glorification.

I really think that France is the probably the best place for you to live. Of course, you would still need to remember that it was the US military that allowed them to continue learning French as a main languiage, rather than German.

.blank cd
10-01-2012, 08:05 AM
.blank_cd, it's the US military's accomplishments that have given the the opportunity to express your beliefs and opinions. That's a pretty large accomplishment, spanning centuries of conflict, not over-glorification.

I really think that France is the probably the best place for you to live. Of course, you would still need to remember that it was the US military that allowed them to continue learning French as a main languiage, rather than German.

Did you read the last post at all?

Elbow
10-01-2012, 09:19 AM
Blank CD, am I right in thinking you think all the wars we have fought recently were for no reason and there for should not be appreciated? That's what I made of your "But its not, it hasn't been for a long time, probably never will be in our lifetime, and no, everything the military does is not great" comment.

The "over-glorification and pseudo-patriotism" in my view is not a bad thing, we need the strongest military, Amurka, fool. From my knowledge that has been going on since before you and I were born, in your view we should just have quiet soldiers with no motivation?

Your comment "detracts people from the truth that we are not the greatest country on earth anymore" tell me, who is? As I agree America isn't as high as we use to be on the "greatest country on earth" scale, I still believe the US is the place to be. I may disagree with some of our governments decisions, laws, and some of the population worries me, but in the big picture, this COUNTRY and it's fundamentals are still in my opinion the greatest. Does that mean we should shove that down everyone's throats? No. I'd even move if I could out of the country, but you portray America to be a dying breed. You seem ashamed to be an American.

Comments like these make Obama supporters look bad, just as Romney supporters thinking every Muslim is an issue makes him look bad.

.blank cd
10-01-2012, 10:56 AM
Blank CD, am I right in thinking you think all the wars we have fought recently were for no reason and there for should not be appreciated? That's what I made of your "But its not, it hasn't been for a long time, probably never will be in our lifetime, and no, everything the military does is not great" comment.Realistically, over the past 10-15yrs, what do you believe we've accomplished, militarily? Do you believe our core freedoms and liberties have, or have had an external threat in the past 30 years? If so, when and why?

The "over-glorification and pseudo-patriotism" in my view is not a bad thing, we need the strongest military, Amurka, fool. From my knowledge that has been going on since before you and I were born, in your view we should just have quiet soldiers with no motivation?You think people who pretend to be patriotic while not actually being patriotic is not a bad thing? Do you believe we don't have the strongest military?

Comments like these make Obama supporters look bad, just as Romney supporters thinking every Muslim is an issue makes him look bad.How in the world does any of this have anything to do with Obama supporters? I haven't said anything about supporting Obama at all. Do all opinions that differ from yours get lumped in some "Obama supporter" category? Most of my family and about half the people I know are military or former. I love all of them to death, but I am not a supporter of our current military endeavors.

David88vert
10-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Realistically, over the past 10-15yrs, what do you believe we've accomplished, militarily? Do you believe our core freedoms and liberties have, or have had an external threat in the past 30 years? If so, when and why?

You think people who pretend to be patriotic while not actually being patriotic is not a bad thing? Do you believe we don't have the strongest military?

How in the world does any of this have anything to do with Obama supporters? I haven't said anything about supporting Obama at all. Do all opinions that differ from yours get lumped in some "Obama supporter" category? Most of my family and about half the people I know are military or former. I love all of them to death, but I am not a supporter of our current military endeavors.

All you have done is avoid answering questions. You haven't answered a single one.

I'll answer your first two -
USS Cole was 1999. That was a direct attack on American's miltary. 9/11 - that was a direct attack on the American citizens. Both of those came from external threats within the last 10-15 years. Luckily, we dealt with them.
Additionally, the military has brough assistance to less fortunate people around the world for decades. That's more of an accomplishment than you have done.

As for external threats in the last 30 years, do you not remember that the Soviet Union didn't dissolve until the very end of 1991? That is only 21 years ago. Russia still has nuclear missles aimed at the US. I'd call that an external threat still.

.blank cd
10-01-2012, 12:33 PM
All you have done is avoid answering questions. You haven't answered a single one.

I'll answer your first two -
USS Cole was 1999. That was a direct attack on American's miltary. 9/11 - that was a direct attack on the American citizens. Both of those came from external threats within the last 10-15 years. Luckily, we dealt with them.
Additionally, the military has brough assistance to less fortunate people around the world for decades. That's more of an accomplishment than you have done.

As for external threats in the last 30 years, do you not remember that the Soviet Union didn't dissolve until the very end of 1991? That is only 21 years ago. Russia still has nuclear missles aimed at the US. I'd call that an external threat still.The reading comprehension is strong with this one.

Elbow
10-01-2012, 12:44 PM
The reading comprehension is strong with this one.

Man you're not even worth replying to with comments like these. lol

.blank cd
10-01-2012, 12:50 PM
Man you're not even worth replying to with comments like these. lol

Then why did you just post that? Gettin your post count up? The fact is he didn't read the post and added nothing to the conversation. It's a recurring thing with this guy.

Elbow
10-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Then why did you just post that? Gettin your post count up? The fact is he didn't read the post and added nothing to the conversation. It's a recurring thing with this guy.

Yeah, post count is very important.

You said: "Realistically, over the past 10-15yrs, what do you believe we've accomplished, militarily?"

He answered that pretty well from what I comprehended.

.blank cd
10-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Instead of coming up with an opinion of his own, he says things like "the military has helped a lot of people, more than you ever will". No duh, hill jack, I'm not a multi-trillion dollar government funded organization. What was the point of even thinking of some dumb shit like that?

.blank cd
10-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Yeah, post count is very important.

You said: "Realistically, over the past 10-15yrs, what do you believe we've accomplished, militarily?"

He answered that pretty well from what I comprehended.

And that was it. The rest of it didn't mean a thing

Elbow
10-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Instead of coming up with an opinion of his own, he says things like "the military has helped a lot of people, more than you ever will". No duh, hill jack, I'm not a multi-trillion dollar government funded organization. What was the point of even thinking of some dumb shit like that?

So your game is to take out one small piece of a reply and than shake your head at that and ignore the rest?

You still never really replied to me, just replied with questions.

.blank cd
10-01-2012, 01:24 PM
So your game is to take out one small piece of a reply and than shake your head at that and ignore the rest?What am I supposed to say? Lol. The rest of it was literally bullshit, most of which isn't true. So why even dignify it with a response?

You still never really replied to me, just replied with questions.I answered your question with other questions in an attempt to get you to think critically about both sides of the answer

Elbow
10-01-2012, 01:27 PM
What am I supposed to say? Lol. The rest of it was literally bullshit, most of which isn't true.

I answered your question with other questions in an attempt to get you to think critically about both sides of the answer

How was any of that BS?

I'll answer yours:

-Yes I think we have.
-Definitely believe we have faced threats within the past 30 years, where have you been?
-Who pretends to be patriotic?
-You leg hump Obama all over this site yet make posts like these.

.blank cd
10-01-2012, 01:32 PM
How was any of that BS?There wasn't really a military response for the Cole bombing, and the result of both was we dropped bombs on countries in the name of officially declaring war on an idea. Russia doesn't have nukes pointed at the US

I'll answer yours:

-Definitely believe we have faced threats within the past 30 years, where have you been?I mentioned a specific threat. What was it?

-You leg hump Obama all over this site yet make posts like these.I don't leg hump Obama, or Romney, or anyone else.

Elbow
10-01-2012, 02:21 PM
There wasn't really a military response for the Cole bombing, and the result of both was we dropped bombs on countries in the name of officially declaring war on an idea. Russia doesn't have nukes pointed at the US

I mentioned a specific threat. What was it?

I don't leg hump Obama, or Romney, or anyone else.

You seem to always swing towards Obama. So...

I'm not wasting my time writing out anything to you so all I can get is some three word smart ass reply.

.blank cd
10-01-2012, 02:31 PM
You seem to always swing towards Obama. So...Yes. You assumed. No one really attacks Romney without hard evidence. If someone said dumb shit about him, I'd correct them just the same. If he wasn't such a puppet, Romney might actually be a decent president. But that has nothing to do with this conversation.

I'm not wasting my time writing out anything to you so all I can get is some three word smart ass reply.Good idea.

Catnip
10-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Because thats the typical answer people give when they're punched square in the throat with cold hard controversial truth: "If you dont like it, go somewhere else". Its a cop out for actually having to think about an answer. As much as I would love to go somewhere else, I'd rather it change here. .

But, you'd change it, because it's not up to your standards, no?

I don't see how I copped out by saying that. I acknowledged your lack of support for the country you live in, coupled it with my want for it to stay a badass motherfucker by doing work, and concluded that maybe it's not the place for you. Just a thought.

If anyone is copping out- it's you. Read your replies above.

David88vert
10-02-2012, 11:14 AM
What am I supposed to say? Lol. The rest of it was literally bullshit, most of which isn't true. So why even dignify it with a response?
I answered your question with other questions in an attempt to get you to think critically about both sides of the answer
I stated the truth and backed it with facts. You got caught doing the only thing you can do - spew bullshit

David88vert
10-02-2012, 11:29 AM
There wasn't really a military response for the Cole bombing, and the result of both was we dropped bombs on countries in the name of officially declaring war on an idea. Russia doesn't have nukes pointed at the US
Clinton didn't respond to the bombing of the Cole. Bush had the military capture al-Nashiri and Tawfiq bin Attash and kill Abu Ali al-Harithi.

Russia still has their nukes pointed at us and even worked to smuggle tactical nukes into the US. Have you ever heard of Stanislav Lunev?

You are uneducated and lack the ability to back up your statements with facts.

David88vert
10-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Yes. You assumed. No one really attacks Romney without hard evidence. If someone said dumb shit about him, I'd correct them just the same. If he wasn't such a puppet, Romney might actually be a decent president. But that has nothing to do with this conversation.

Good idea.

On this we can both agree. Both candidates are puppets of their party platforms as they have to be in order to be the nominee.

.blank cd
10-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Clinton didn't respond to the bombing of the Cole. That what I thought.

Russia still has their nukes pointed at us and even worked to smuggle tactical nukes into the US. Have you ever heard of Stanislav Lunev?Conspiracy theories? That's your defense? You gotta do better than that. Let's take off our tin foil hats for a minute. Lunev defected to the US.

http://archive.newsmax.com/articles/?a=1999/6/15/124657

http://www.cnn.com/chat/transcripts/2001/02/20/lunev/

Lunev has also said himself that improvised nuclear devices, which I'm guessing that's what you're speaking of, are not feasible, that they were prohibitively expensive and the nuclear core would decompose too quickly

http://www.historycommons.org/entity.jsp?entity=stanislav_lunev_1

Have you heard of Mutual Assured Destruction? How about the Non-proliferation treaty?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutual_assured_destruction

It would be at the detriment of any nation to have any active nuclear weapons pointed at the US ready to go, as both belligerents would be irrevocably destroyed. Maybe by aimed, you mean a "launch ready" ICBM and a US base as one of many preset coordinates. This could be plausible. However, numerous treaties, including The New START/Prague treaty (signed by both Russia and the US, have helped to reduce the effectiveness of a nuclear attack. It would be rather difficult to launch a nuke at the US and actually reach mainland, save for maybe Alaska. Maybe you're referring to the soviet missiles placed in Cuba in the 60s as a response to the Jupiter US missiles placed in Turkey, both of which were dismantled and moved as a result of a mutual agreement between JFK an Khrushchev?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_missile_crisis#section_9

You are uneducated and lack the ability to back up your statements with facts.Did you just accuse me of not backing up my statements with facts, and then actually do what you accused me of? LOL

Stop getting your information from infowars. You lose. Once again.

David88vert
10-02-2012, 02:50 PM
I didn't lose anything. I showed you that we did respond to the attack on the Cole with the military. you claimed that the military had not accomplished anything in the past 10-15 years.

I also showed you that the Soviet Union was around still less than 30 years ago, and was a threat to the US, which you asked for, implying that we had not threats against us in the last 30 years.

I do not read InfoWars. I study history and facts.

The nukes in Russia are still aimed at the US, that is fact, and our nukes are still aimed at them. These facts are undeniable, and nuclear war is still a threat. While tensions are not at all time highs, the threat remains, and our military is our first line of defense. ICBMs can easily hit anywhere in the US, not just Alaska. You don't seem to understand the distance that rockets can travel, and if you think that we can just pop them out of the air, you do not understand the difficulty of hitting a target like that.
Now, personaly, I do not think that we will have a nuclear war in the near future, but the threat remains regardless of what you wish to believe.

Improvised devices are not what were being referred to. The Russians had him investigate how to smuggle in military grade tactical nuclear warheads into the Shenendoah Valley area. Now, with our current capability of detection, I would suspect it is harder for them to do that now, but it shows that they did do research into it already - and that is a first strike tactic, which is a threat. You wanted to imply that we had not military threats against us.

You lose again. You are making a bad habit of it.

Elbow
10-02-2012, 03:27 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070118040853/halo/images/d/d0/BoomHeadShot.gif

.blank cd
10-02-2012, 04:48 PM
I didn't lose anything. I showed you that we did respond to the attack on the Cole with the military. you claimed that the military had not accomplished anything in the past 10-15 years.

I also showed you that the Soviet Union was around still less than 30 years ago, and was a threat to the US, which you asked for, implying that we had not threats against us in the last 30 years.Im still trying to find where I claimed or implied any of this. I think you just might be failing at reading comprehension. Sorry...

The nukes in Russia are still aimed at the US, that is fact, and our nukes are still aimed at them. These facts are undeniable, and nuclear war is still a threat. While tensions are not at all time highs, the threat remains, and our military is our first line of defense. ICBMs can easily hit anywhere in the US, not just Alaska. You don't seem to understand the distance that rockets can travel, and if you think that we can just pop them out of the air, you do not understand the difficulty of hitting a target like that.
Now, personaly, I do not think that we will have a nuclear war in the near future, but the threat remains regardless of what you wish to believe.So....you agree with me and just want to frame it like you're right and I'm wrong. Lol.

Improvised devices are not what were being referred to. The Russians had him investigate how to smuggle in military grade tactical nuclear warheads into the Shenendoah Valley area. Now, with our current capability of detection, I would suspect it is harder for them to do that now, but it shows that they did do research into it already - and that is a first strike tactic, which is a threat.You wanted to imply that we had not military threats against us.So you're saying we face the same threat today from smuggled nuclear warheads, with state of the art detection equipment and methods, as we did 30 years ago?

David88vert
10-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Im still trying to find where I claimed or implied any of this. I think you just might be failing at reading comprehension. Sorry...

So....you agree with me and just want to frame it like you're right and I'm wrong. Lol.

So you're saying we face the same threat today from smuggled nuclear warheads, with state of the art detection equipment and methods, as we did 30 years ago?

You seem to have a problem with your short term memory. Go re-read your own statements and questions, which I answered for you.
I am not agreeing with you. I am showing you that there still is a threat, which you questioned in your previous statements.
We have state of the art detection methods for smuggled drugs, illegal aliens, etc, yet still are unable to stop the unending tide of them. Do you believe that it is impossible to smuggle weapon components into the US, including weapons grade plutonium and uranium? Are you so disengaged that you believe that the US hasn't already prepared to do the same in Russia, and other countries as well?

Back on the original topic - since you appear to think that our military doesn't really contribute to the citizens in our current times, what have you personally done to protect any citizens of the country? Have you ever been under fire from a foreign enemy? Have you ever put yourself in harms way? Have you every even trained to prepare for such a possibility? Our servicemen have trained, prepared, and performed - and that is everyone that enters the military. What have you done to be in a position to diminsh their service to protecting YOUR family?

.blank cd
10-02-2012, 10:41 PM
You seem to have a problem with your short term memory. Go re-read your own statements and questions, which I answered for you.You seem to be a little slow. Let me help you and anyone else who failed their 9th grade english courses...

Realistically, over the past 10-15yrs, what do you believe we've accomplished, militarily? Do you believe our core freedoms and liberties have, or have had an external threat in the past 30 years? If so, when and why?These questions are called Socratic questions. Similar to the kind of questioning methods they do on essay questions in school. They are not meant imply anything, they are simply questions to garner information from the reader. I know exactly what we've accomplished, I know exactly what threats we face and have faced in the past 30 years.

Back on the original topic - since you appear to think that our military doesn't really contribute to the citizens in our current timesNever said this either, but ok, I'll let you draw your own conclusions...

what have you personally done to protect any citizens of the country? Have you ever been under fire from a foreign enemy? Have you ever put yourself in harms way? Have you every even trained to prepare for such a possibility? Our servicemen have trained, prepared, and performed - and that is everyone that enters the military. What have you done to be in a position to diminsh their service to protecting YOUR family?::Sigh:: What does any of that have to do with anything? I would imagine anyone who isnt or hasnt been in the military or police force would probably not have an answer for that nonsense anyway. I see what you're trying to do, and youre failing miserably, but nice try.

David88vert
10-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Seems like I made the point quite well. You are backpedaling, as usual.
Review your initial statements and it is clear that you did not know recent history. I gave you clear answers and you don't like that they don't support your liberal agenda.

.blank cd
10-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Seems like I made the point quite well. You are backpedaling, as usual.
Review your initial statements and it is clear that you did not know recent history. I gave you clear answers and you don't like that they don't support your liberal agenda.You call it backpedaling, I call it continuously proving your ignorance, and never cease to amaze.

David88vert
10-03-2012, 08:07 PM
You call it backpedaling, I call it continuously proving your ignorance, and never cease to amaze.

Yet the facts back up my statements....

.blank cd
10-03-2012, 09:53 PM
Yet the facts back up my statements....If by facts, you mean conspiracy theories, then I agree with you 100%

Sinfix_15
10-03-2012, 09:57 PM
Blank! come drop your opinion on that debate over in the politics section!

David88vert
10-03-2012, 10:00 PM
If by facts, you mean conspiracy theories, then I agree with you 100%

Do you believe that Russia just decided not to point their warheads at the US? Or do you think that ICBMs don't really exist?
Do you believe that the Cole wasn't really attacked?
Do you believe that Obama has fully secured all of the US borders?

.blank cd
10-03-2012, 11:21 PM
Do you believe that Russia just decided not to point their warheads at the US? Or do you think that ICBMs don't really exist?
Do you believe that the Cole wasn't really attacked?
Do you believe that Obama has fully secured all of the US borders?

What do you mean by "point" and "aim"? In a literal sense, no they're not pointed at the US. In reality, there may be a ICBM stored that has a set of pre-programmed destination coordinates, which include the US, which also include many other destinations. The US may also have an ICBM stored somewhere with a similar set of pre programmed destination coordinates. Are they a threat to the US? Both countries have agreed that any kind of nuclear warfare would wipe both countries off the planet. Such an event would not be beneficial to either parties interests.

Yes. The USS Cole was really attacked. Theres a big hole on the side of a naval destroyer that confirms this.

What do you mean by secured? Are we keeping tabs on borders? Yes. Is it possible to get some kind of variant of a nuclear warhead, however small, through a border check? Unlikely, but I wouldnt doubt it. Is it feasible or practical to take that kind of route to inflict any kind of damage? Not at all.

David88vert
10-04-2012, 07:07 AM
Thank you for that response. This time, you stated your position and belief clearly, and I can respect that.

All ICBMs have a target programmed into their system. An ICBM can have multiple warheads, but let's be clear, if one is targetting North America, then all of the warheads on that missle are targetting North America, and in a fairly limited range. You will not find a missle targetting multiple continents. It is the equivalent of someone pointing a shotgun at you. I think that you would find a shotgun being pointed at you a threat.

Our military has managed to make you feel safe aparently, based upon your previous statements. Since you feel safe, how can you not recognize their full value, and instead think that they are over-glorified? No one else is capable of providing this service for you.

rodney120985
10-04-2012, 01:26 PM
I know I am a little late to this party but being prior military, and defending sorry dumbass people like you who think that everything you have was just given to you. I would go as far to say that you would prob. never join any type of armed forces and if you did your opinion would change alot!! Oh and your info in the ICBM's i am sure yiou got off the internet and as we all know everything off the internet is true!! We have a many ICBM in america ready to go at all times and no there are no preloaded targets in them. So I say all this to say is makes my blood boil to see people who have never served and never will disgrace the military with bad mouthing and shit talking, but go ahead and do it cause thats a right I have put my life on the line for so you can and nobody can stop you. Just remember that

.blank cd
10-04-2012, 02:39 PM
I was gonna have a little more fun with you David, but I think I want to address this little hill-jack first. Grab a seat and some popcorn, or a coke and a smile.
I know I am a little late to this party but being prior military, and defending sorry dumbass people like you who think that everything you have was just given to you. I would go as far to say that you would prob. never join any type of armed forces and if you did your opinion would change alot!! Oh and your info in the ICBM's i am sure yiou got off the internet and as we all know everything off the internet is true!! We have a many ICBM in america ready to go at all times and no there are no preloaded targets in them. So I say all this to say is makes my blood boil to see people who have never served and never will disgrace the military with bad mouthing and shit talking, but go ahead and do it cause thats a right I have put my life on the line for so you can and nobody can stop you. Just remember thatThis post embodies exactly what I mean when I say the military is over-glorified. You got people like Rodney here. I don't know you, so you obviously don't know me. You don't know my military history at all, so it's definitely not a subject you can speak on. As long as ignorant fucks can bad mouth your commander in chief, I'll bad mouth the military, and you Rodney, wouldn't do a fucking thing about it. But I'm not going to bad mouth the military. I never have. However I am going to bad mouth you.

It's of no surprise you are or were in the military. Your english skills make it evident you dropped out of high school and thus had nowhere else to go with your life. But that's good. The armed forces gives a lot of young men the direction they need to move forward with their lives. They also help pay for higher education, which you obviously didn't take advantage of, or you would have read my post more clearly and we wouldn't be in the position we're in right now. In some people, the military brings out the inner entitled jack ass that was before repressed. The kind of self-important cocksucker that thinks that because he wears a uniform, he's somehow more bad ass than his fellow citizens.

This is where you fit in. To say you put your life on the line for my freedom, when you and I both know you're not fighting for my freedom, disgraces your predecessors before you who actually did put a uniform on and fought for my freedom. You and I both know you're a washed up lackey. Another pawn in a seemingly endless battle for control.

The ICBM argument is moot. Neither you, nor I have fired one, and its so far from the original topic, it's not even worth rehashing.

So this is why I'm upset at the military. Because there are too many people like you. People who think the world owes them something all the time. Even one would be too many. Just sit back and enjoy the ride you volunteered for. I crack you off a piece of my check every week. I don't think I owe someone like you much else.

rodney120985
10-04-2012, 02:48 PM
You know you can talk alot of crap that is evident as many on here can see. it does no good to even try to explain something to you cause you have your mind set on one thing and thats that.

Also for your information you dont know what my military backgound is or my families, or hell anything about me in general. I didnt drop out of high school I went to college before and while in the military for that matter. I have never been one to boast about being in the military till I come across all knowing dick heads like yourself. And yes if it wasnt for your military fighting for you rights as we speak we would not be here having this retarded ass argument!

So in that case I stand where I stand and you stand where you stand.

David88vert
10-05-2012, 08:45 AM
I know I am a little late to this party but being prior military, and defending sorry dumbass people like you who think that everything you have was just given to you. I would go as far to say that you would prob. never join any type of armed forces and if you did your opinion would change alot!! Oh and your info in the ICBM's i am sure yiou got off the internet and as we all know everything off the internet is true!! We have a many ICBM in america ready to go at all times and no there are no preloaded targets in them. So I say all this to say is makes my blood boil to see people who have never served and never will disgrace the military with bad mouthing and shit talking, but go ahead and do it cause thats a right I have put my life on the line for so you can and nobody can stop you. Just remember that

Incorrect. Every deployed warhead (currently mounted to an ICBM and capable of being lanched once the release authorization has been given) has coordinates programmed into its instructions. Target coordinates can be changed, but our defense system is not sitting with misle incapabe of being launched. An authorizaton code is just that - release permission. It is not a list of targets to program to the warheads. We are discussing ICBMs, not cruise missles - they are very different.

David88vert
10-05-2012, 08:53 AM
I was gonna have a little more fun with you David, but I think I want to address this little hill-jack first. Grab a seat and some popcorn, or a coke and a smile. This post embodies exactly what I mean when I say the military is over-glorified. You got people like Rodney here. I don't know you, so you obviously don't know me. You don't know my military history at all, so it's definitely not a subject you can speak on. As long as ignorant fucks can bad mouth your commander in chief, I'll bad mouth the military, and you Rodney, wouldn't do a fucking thing about it. But I'm not going to bad mouth the military. I never have. However I am going to bad mouth you.

It's of no surprise you are or were in the military. Your english skills make it evident you dropped out of high school and thus had nowhere else to go with your life. But that's good. The armed forces gives a lot of young men the direction they need to move forward with their lives. They also help pay for higher education, which you obviously didn't take advantage of, or you would have read my post more clearly and we wouldn't be in the position we're in right now. In some people, the military brings out the inner entitled jack ass that was before repressed. The kind of self-important cocksucker that thinks that because he wears a uniform, he's somehow more bad ass than his fellow citizens.

This is where you fit in. To say you put your life on the line for my freedom, when you and I both know you're not fighting for my freedom, disgraces your predecessors before you who actually did put a uniform on and fought for my freedom. You and I both know you're a washed up lackey. Another pawn in a seemingly endless battle for control.

The ICBM argument is moot. Neither you, nor I have fired one, and its so far from the original topic, it's not even worth rehashing.

So this is why I'm upset at the military. Because there are too many people like you. People who think the world owes them something all the time. Even one would be too many. Just sit back and enjoy the ride you volunteered for. I crack you off a piece of my check every week. I don't think I owe someone like you much else.

Any serving member is defending your freedom daily from foreign hostile forces. If you were to disband the military, do you believe that we would not be attacked by other countries looking to capture our natural resources? Go look at history.

You think the minor amount of compensation that servicemen get is why they put their lives on the line? You think that is enough for them? Your mentality really falls in line with the French philosophy, and we know that they would be speaking German now if it weren't for the US.

.blank cd
10-05-2012, 09:55 AM
Any serving member is defending your freedom daily from foreign hostile forces. If you were to disband the military, do you believe that we would not be attacked by other countries looking to capture our natural resources? Go look at history.

You think the minor amount of compensation that servicemen get is why they put their lives on the line? You think that is enough for them? Your mentality really falls in line with the French philosophy, and we know that they would be speaking German now if it weren't for the US.Give me a minute. Still trying to find where I said disband the military. You said I said it so it must be in here....

David88vert
10-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Give me a minute. Still trying to find where I said disband the military. You said I said it so it must be in here....

I did not say that you said that. You think that others have reading comprehension problems? No one you don't answer questions put to you - you can't seem to understand what you read.

Catnip
10-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Stating a hypothetical situation, to ask an opinion based off the hypothetical situation, means he said it. Duh, don't be stupid.

EG_Ryder
10-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Not calling any one out specifically, but if you think we as a country are not being constantly tested then you are wrong. I've personally talked to a f22 fighter pilot who was stationed in Alaska for a while. He said that while there, they received numerous alerts that Russia was flying bombers over Alaska to test our defenses. He and others were called to go "push them back" into Russia.

ftp
10-06-2012, 10:48 AM
Overly glorified militarism. Only in America.spoken like a true socialist.. Also, its not "only in America". Go to different countries and make friends that arent brainwashed sheeple like yourself and you will realise the stupidity in your statement.

I have known plenty of muslims and even befriended some. There are a few muslims that arent radical but they still have anti american feelings yet they come here to leech off of us. This is my personal experience with 2 of my so called "friends". I could go on for hours about how fucked all muslims are but I have some pork to eat while I burn a Koran.

.blank cd
10-06-2012, 12:34 PM
spoken like a true socialist.. Also, its not "only in America". Go to different countries and make friends that arent brainwashed sheeple like yourself and you will realise the stupidity in your statement.LOL. You mean countries like China, North Korea, Russia? You're not helping your "socialist" case at all. Especially with your anti-Muslim rant. Why don't you go do something constructive for yourself like read a book for the first time?

You do however make a great case for the failing education system in America.