PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

stillaneon
09-26-2012, 08:46 PM
Ok, so I have a friend that honestly baffles the crap out of me.

Mid-December I get a text from him telling me that he thinks that he's going to be a dad. So I congratulate him and advise him to get his girlfriend to a doctor as soon as possible to get it confirmed, get a plan and schedule ultrasounds, blah blah blah... So about a week later, I check in on him and he tells me that his girlfriend is indeed pregnant. So he decides that after 4 years of being with this girl and now finding out that he's fathering her child, he's going to get married (which I guess is a natural mindset).

Needless to say after months and months of Facebook posts, text messages and such, we go to his baby shower. Everything seems on the up and up. Due date was estimated for the end of August, day rolls around and he tells me that they mis-calculated the date (eh, it happens, especially with bigger women). So he tells me they were about 4 weeks off. So over the course of the last 4 weeks, he's caught a LOT of crap from family members accusing him of lying about the whole thing and taking advantage of friends and family.

Fast-forward to yesterday... His girlfriend was supposed to be induced. Supposedly, they 'mis-calculated' her due date again, and bumped her to December! Now, that's incorrect on so many levels it isn't funny.

So now everyone else is starting to think something is WAY too fishy about the whole situation.

Now a small circle of his close friends are trying to figure out what to do. We want to know the truth, but we're worried that if we confront him about the situation, it will only drive him away (we only assume this based on previous experiences with said individual). We feel that there is an extremely good chance either his girlfriend was lying to him, or they both were involved in lying to everyone else.

The biggest issue now is that for all we know she really IS pregnant now (although I sincerely doubt she was originally), and we don't want to alienate our friend during a huge moment in his life.

Any theories or advice???

stillaneon
09-26-2012, 08:47 PM
Cliffs:

Friend supposedly knocks up girlfriend
Gets married
Pregnancy taking longer than Jews searching for the promised land
We (the friends) think someone has been lying
Looking for advice on how to handle the situation...

Hermin
09-26-2012, 08:55 PM
LOL. someones gonna be pregnant for a year..

i think its bs. just wait til december and see.

stillaneon
09-26-2012, 08:58 PM
LOL. someones gonna be pregnant for a year..

i think its bs. just wait til december and see.

At this rate, she'll be pregnant forever.

We thought maybe she had a miscarriage, and they got pregnant again. But this guy is fairly open until late. Someone would have known...
The irritation is that if they were lying, why go through all the trouble of having a baby shower? What are you going to do with diapers and baby toys, and NO baby?

Hermin
09-26-2012, 09:29 PM
At this rate, she'll be pregnant forever.

We thought maybe she had a miscarriage, and they got pregnant again. But this guy is fairly open until late. Someone would have known...
The irritation is that if they were lying, why go through all the trouble of having a baby shower? What are you going to do with diapers and baby toys, and NO baby?

Yeah exactly, unless people gave them cash, which I doubt would be alot anyway.. Keep us updated. Would love to hear the end LOL.

stillaneon
09-26-2012, 09:37 PM
Seriously considering making myself a guest at his place on Sunday. Especially since he's fallen off the face of the Earth...

Hermin
09-26-2012, 09:46 PM
Seriously considering making myself a guest at his place on Sunday. Especially since he's fallen off the face of the Earth...

Yeah, do that. See if he brings anything up or ask "hows everything going with the baby" but don't be too obvious about it. Truth has to come out sometime.

stillaneon
09-26-2012, 10:02 PM
I sent him a text yesterday with almost those exact words. Got a, "Who is this?" When I responded, I recieved no answer. Apparently almost everyone he knows is having trouble contacting him...

Catnip
09-26-2012, 10:42 PM
1 of 2 things. Write him off as a sorry ass friend or keep trying, but not enough to push him away more.

stillaneon
09-26-2012, 11:03 PM
1 of 2 things. Write him off as a sorry ass friend or keep trying, but not enough to push him away more.

Yeah, I mean I've known this guy for years. I would hate to lose him, but I don't know if it's worth being lied to....

Vteckidd
09-26-2012, 11:35 PM

1) anyone who lies like this isn't a friend
2) wait till Dec if no baby assume they lied walk away

stillaneon
09-26-2012, 11:36 PM
Just heard that his father is giving them a week to produce a baby, or he's kicking HER out...

RandomGuy
09-26-2012, 11:52 PM
:lmfao: at this entire scenario sounds, no offense.

Just heard that his father is giving them a week to produce a baby, or he's kicking HER out...

sounds even funnier out of context...

stillaneon
09-27-2012, 12:11 AM
:lmfao: at this entire scenario sounds, no offense.

sounds even funnier out of context...

Dude, I wish I could make this stuff up...

Bacon
09-27-2012, 05:08 AM
I can't comprehend lying about such a delicate situation like this. If that's the case then IMO he would serve no purpose to me.

On the other side of the spectrum, maybe everything is true.

It's not uncommon for larger women to be further along than expected but never heard of a pregnancy being pushed back by four months.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

Echonova
09-27-2012, 05:26 AM
Meth.

After being pregnant for 9 months... Do they know if it's a girl or a boy yet?:lmfao:

Elbow
09-27-2012, 06:22 AM
I saw a show with similar situations. One girl lied about having cancer too.

I say confront your friend, if he can't understand why some people are saying BS and gets defensive enough to "not be friends anymore" than he's a little twat anyway.

CSquared
09-27-2012, 07:36 AM
Be awesome if she was just using it as an excuse to get really really fat. Your friend sounds like a sad mother fucker anyway getting married and still living with his parents.

MeFryRice
09-27-2012, 09:06 AM
I saw a show with similar situations. One girl lied about having cancer too.

Are you referring to the one where the lady was telling people she had cancer and was accepting donations then later found out she was really just trying to raise money for a breast augmentation?

Elbow
09-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Are you referring to the one where the lady was telling people she had cancer and was accepting donations then later found out she was really just trying to raise money for a breast augmentation?

No I think this one did it to marry some guy. If I remember correctly he actually stayed with her after he found out it was a lie.

The dumb part was she looked healthy.

MeFryRice
09-27-2012, 12:09 PM
We live in a sick society. No pun intended.

stillaneon
09-27-2012, 11:57 PM
Be awesome if she was just using it as an excuse to get really really fat. Your friend sounds like a sad mother fucker anyway getting married and still living with his parents.

She already is obese. And honestly, he lives at home because his dad is on Dialysis. He got enough money from his inheritance to afford his own place (which is really the only thing going for him...

teh bri
09-28-2012, 09:12 AM
That's when I would be kinda scared to ask. IF she had a miscarriage and just didn't want to say something about it. That's heartbreaking for most women and a very touchy subject. I'd wait until December! If no baby... I'd say he'd be one friend short. You should never lie about being pregnant.

teh bri
09-28-2012, 09:14 AM
That makes me sick...

Sinfix_15
09-28-2012, 11:45 AM
This is the type of thing i would allow to play out before forming an opinion on it. If i had a close friend and went thru the situation that is being described, my initial reaction with be sympathy and i would suspect that something embarrassing happened and that was the reason for the confusion.

In the event i found out that it was just a lie for no reason, yes, i would be annoyed.

stillaneon
09-28-2012, 12:36 PM
This is the type of thing i would allow to play out before forming an opinion on it. If i had a close friend and went thru the situation that is being described, my initial reaction with be sympathy and i would suspect that something embarrassing happened and that was the reason for the confusion.

In the event i found out that it was just a lie for no reason, yes, i would be annoyed.

That's the reason nothing has been said yet. Unfortunately, he's fallen off the face of the Earth, so finding out the truth seems to be harder than I had originally thought...

-EnVus-
09-28-2012, 03:13 PM
I have not read all the comments so it may have been said already but....Just ask to see some Ultra sound photos to see the little bugger and those give all the info you need. Even the shittiest of clinics give details on the images along with the size and weight to estimate time frames. My wife 8 months pregnant so ive seen plenty of ways to tell from our doctor visits and ultra sounds.

ISAtlanta300
09-29-2012, 01:01 PM
My theory:

Your friend is gay. I mean really homosexual. That girl and pregnancy ploy is just a 'cover'.

The end.

/ thread.

stillaneon
10-02-2012, 11:06 AM
So, Word finally came out that it was all a lie. They went to the hospital yesterday and the doctor's told her parents that she was never pregnant.

He's demanded a divorce, so hopefully that means he had nothing to do with it...

CSquared
10-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Lol so basically my theory about her getting fat was right.

MeFryRice
10-02-2012, 06:05 PM
Fucking crazy woman.