PDA

View Full Version : could this have been an accident.....maybe?

Franco Tirador
09-23-2012, 09:14 AM
Houston cop kills double amputee in wheelchair - US news - Crime & courts | NBC News (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49135371/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/)

quickdodgeŽ
09-23-2012, 09:23 AM
It's honestly hard to say. I do know, though, that all the cop haters, without thinking first, will automatically come in and say that wasn't an accident.

green91
09-23-2012, 10:06 AM
It all depends on the situation, if the office was indeed cornered and it was dark i can give him the benefit of doubt. But it would seem that from a few feet he would most likely be able to distinguish a pen from a weapon.

C230K
09-23-2012, 11:08 AM
It may sound mean, but he is dead and the cops are just going to shrug their shoulders

Slow Motion
09-23-2012, 11:32 PM
First of all, how is it possible for this one armed man able to operate a wheelchair with just one hand? In order for him to operate a wheel chair he must use his only hand to steer and maneuver the chair. They were inside the group home, did they not assess the situation or get information about the situation from the caretaker before trying to intervene. And when do you go to your knowledge of use of force when dealing with this kind of situation. Your only suppose to go one level up on the use of force continuum. The guy was waving his one arm so fast that neither one of the officers could tell what was in the disable and mentally disabled man's hands. Two officers vs. a half of a man. The other officer didn't have a taser or a asp baton to hit the guy with? Since when does this situation make any sense? No I was not present but seriously out of all the years I have ran the streets and have done armed security, even at night I can notice a knife. I would love to see how knife-like this pen looks....lol.

silversol
09-24-2012, 12:05 AM
As some one who has spent a long amout of time in a wheelchair in the past. This guy was zero threat to the officer. The only way he was a threat to the officer is if he had a gun in his hand. And yes you can can steer a chair with one hand its a real pain in the ass but it can be done around the house but not on the street like this guy was on I doubt you could go up any kinda incline one handed . But he was probably in a power chair.

Here is another example of police brutality on a man in a wheelchair. Had that had been me when I was in a wheelchair. my fist would have met her jaw when she leaned down to frisk me.

POLICE BRUTALITY - Scumbag Cops Abuse Paraplegic Man In Wheelchair, Then Laugh About It - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC2M_i3YXps)

.blank cd
09-24-2012, 01:09 AM
Lets asses some things shall we....

1. If a trained police officer cannot disarm a knife wielding, fully capable suspect, without killing him, theres a problem with police training.

2. If a trained police officer cannot disarm a knife wielding paraplegic, without killing him, theres a SERIOUS problem with police training.

3. If you cannot distinguish a knife from a shiny pen, given you have 20/20 vision, you are too far away from the suspect.

4. If a man in a wheelchair has one arm, and is holding a knife, or a pen with that arm, it means he is not moving anywhere.

Thats all I got to say about that

BanginJimmy
09-25-2012, 09:56 PM
Lets asses some things shall we....

1. If a trained police officer cannot disarm a knife wielding, fully capable suspect, without killing him, theres a problem with police training.

So you think a cop should be able to disarm someone trained to fight with a knife or they dont have enough training?

What about an unarmed professional fighter? Should a cop be expected to take him into custody by himself?

The rest of your conditions I agree with.

Hermin
09-26-2012, 11:44 AM
So you think a cop should be able to disarm someone trained to fight with a knife or they dont have enough training?

What about an unarmed professional fighter? Should a cop be expected to take him into custody by himself?

Theres where number 3 comes in. Seriously? How many people can't tell a knife from a pen?

Sinfix_15
09-26-2012, 11:49 AM

This argument is why you have to give police the benefit of the doubt in regards to combative situations. What if the seemingly normal looking man below was resisting arrest, should a cop have to restrain him without using excessive force?

http://cdn2.cagepotato.com/wp-content/uploads/FedorIceCream.jpg

Sinfix_15
09-26-2012, 11:55 AM
Avg looking guy above is a former member of the russian army, has 11 gold medals in combat sambo, is a judo blackbelt and was heavyweight champion of the world for a decade and is regarded as the greatest mma fighter of all time. If i was a cop, i would expect every person i had to arrest to be equally as qualified and treat the danger with equal respect.

BanginJimmy
09-26-2012, 04:52 PM
Theres where number 3 comes in. Seriously? How many people can't tell a knife from a pen?

This is where reading comprehension fails you.

quickdodgeŽ
09-26-2012, 07:48 PM
All I know is I can't make a judgement call because I wasn't there.

Franco Tirador
09-27-2012, 10:26 AM
i think that if the victim's people have a lot of money to get a good lawyer they can get the cop in court, or at least they have a great chance of getting him, if not this will just be another case they will get overlooked

BanginJimmy
09-27-2012, 04:54 PM
According to police, Claunch threatened to kill the two officers and tried to stab one with the shiny object in his hand.

Read more: Amputee fatally shot by Houston police officer had battled mental illness | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/09/26/amputee-fatally-shot-by-houston-police-officer-had-battled-mental-illness/#ixzz27i3T20sH)

.blank cd
09-27-2012, 05:28 PM
So, not just one, but TWO officers mistook a shiny pen for a knife; and TWO officers believed that killing a paraplegic in a wheelchair was their only course of action in this case.

silversol
09-27-2012, 05:43 PM
This is why police have tazers/peperspray! Shooting a "UNARMED" man with one arm and one leg in a wheelchair is uncalled for. No offence jimmy I dont Listen to the fairytails told on falsenews.

.blank cd
09-27-2012, 06:01 PM
This is why police have tazers/peperspray! Shooting a "UNARMED" man with one arm and one leg in a wheelchair is uncalled for. No offence jimmy I dont Listen to the fairytails told on falsenews.

I share your Faux Nuwz sentiment, but this report seemed more detailed than the NBC one.

Just stay away from their political coverage and you'll be fine.

BanginJimmy
09-27-2012, 06:14 PM
Just stay away from their political coverage and you'll be fine.

Being serious, if you dont like it, ignore their commentary shows and watch their news shows. The news shows are by far the least biased you will find in the media these days.

.blank cd
09-27-2012, 07:06 PM
The news shows are by far the least biased you will find in the media these days.

You mean Fox n' Friends, Megyn Kelly, Greta, and Shepard Smith?

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH