PDA

View Full Version : Misc I got two more tickets in Alpharetta today: rant about bs profiling + $ grabbing cops

Black R
09-18-2012, 09:21 PM
Background:

I drive like I'm driving miss daisy 90%+ of the time.

I basically drive at the speed limit, use my signals, obey all traffic laws, and most of my driving is simply to and from work in rush hour.

Today I decided to stop by northpoint mall after work.
Well, as I'm waiting to turn left at the light entering the mall parking area, a cop pulls up behind me.
I turn left when the light turns green, and as I'm winding through the mall lot looking for a good place to park, the blue lights come on.

Long story short, the she-cop tells me she has notes in her system that I've been warned before about my smoked tails.
She gets my license and insurance and comes back with two tickets:

1. Offense - taillights: 40-8-23(A) - tail light covers are not gdot approved

2. Offense - exhaust system - penalty for violation: 40-8-71 - vehicle blowing excessive smoke

Now IMO this is the typical bs revenue generating force at work.
How many actual crimes were going on while I was pulled over?

Now here comes my defense:

I've had these tails on the car FOR YEARS.
All of a sudden now it's important enough to pull me over for, right?
I was pulled over one time last year (also in Alpharetta) and the officer said my tails were dim but that my brake lights were too bright. (wtf?!)
He really didn't give a shit, as again I feel like he pulled me over bc of the car.
Apparently he wrote something in the copcarputer that he warned me. :/

I overfilled my car by 1.5qts of oil last time I added it.
Yes, there is a little (LITTLE) bit of smoke randomly - usually after I've been driving for a while and then stop at a light then pull off again. It's really minor, but whatever.
I don't even have emissions in my county so pfft.

Anyway, I've been pulled over 6x in a 4 month period a while back - all by the same cop, and all within a mile of my work. It's all been clearly profiling. They usually just check my license and insurance and let me go. Sometimes I'd get told that my tint was too dark (it's legal limit) and then they check it and say nm. Usually though, they dont give a reason for pulling me over. The last time, I got irate and told him I pay his salary with my taxes and that he was profiling me and that I was sick of being harassed. He got mad and wrote me a ticket for a 'dirty license plate,'

After that, I didn't get pulled over for like a year.

But now I've gotten pulled over 3x recently.
I really feel like its because I work in a Latino area, and although I'm not Latino, I suppose I must look like I am to these cops or my car looks 'Mexi' to them.
And the time before this, when I got pulled over in Avondale Estates, the cop was harassing me so bad - he searched my person 2x and literally squeezed my balls both times. He was up in my face asking why my eyes were half shut (I'm half Asian and it was 1am) - yelling so much his spit was flying out of his mouth into my face. He got pissed off and told me to not back away and not to lean on my car. So apparently I'm supposed to stand there and have this dick cop yell in my face 2" away with his spit flying and not lean on my own car? :/
When all was said and done, I didn't get so much as a warning.
But when I said there was no reason to search me or even pull me over, he started saying he was going to write me tickets for exhaust and crossing over the yellow line, and car too low... He was literally just making up offenses that I hadn't done!
I had to start saying 'yes sir' a bunch of times to avoid more harassment because basically it wasn't going to get any better. He was just itching to put me in the back of his car for any excuse he could come up with. Even the other cop that came as backup was looking freaked out at how far over the line this guy was. :/

Now here's a pic of the offensive daily driver:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c164/Black_R/S13/9c4d282d.jpg

I'm sure there are some good cops out there, but I just haven't encountered any in a long long time.

silversol
09-18-2012, 09:32 PM
I dont drive modified imports for this reason. I have never had a ticket in any car besides in one modified honda. I have not had a ticket in over 6 years now and driving a mustang they never look twice at me. I could pull a donnut at intersection in front of a cop in a mustang and they would not look twice at me. I was riding in a friends bone stock 95 civic last weekend we were not speeding or doing anything wrong. but they ran the tag and the reg said the car was silver and the cars is faded to a grey and that was the reason for pulling us over! They do profile when they see a modified import they think its a punk kid.

quickdodgeŽ
09-18-2012, 09:36 PM
How many actual crimes were going on while I was pulled over?

Here's the only thing I'll add since I don't get into all the "profiling" stuff.

Traffic cops are just that, traffic cops. Police folks are designated to certain duties and they can't just venture off into other duties from that (unless, of course, it's a major ordeal going down). A crime is a crime no matter what it is. That's pretty much it. So I can think of at least one actual crime that was going on while you were pulled over.....

Your tail lights not being DOT approved.

They do profile when they see a modified import they think its a punk kid.

Lolol @ this untruthful statement. Come on, man.

green91
09-18-2012, 09:39 PM
While i dont agree with how they bothered you, at the end of the day some tinted tails just aren't worth giving them probable cause over. I used to LOVE my windows be blacked out. after 5 tickets (different vehicles over the years) and thinking of how much in fines i'd paid.. im legal now. plus i dont have to worry every time i pass an officer if they are going to turn around over some dumb shit.

Vteckidd
09-18-2012, 09:42 PM
Change the tailights to OEM, go to court they cannot ticket you for excessive smoke, THAT IS BULLSHIT, youll win.

We are so punk rock ken, but sometimes you gotta pick and fight the battles. If theres no way to prove the smoked tailights are "legal" just put them back to OEM. IF they say your car smokes too much, tell them to go ticket every fucking diesel truck on the road.

quickdodgeŽ
09-18-2012, 09:44 PM
IF they say your car smokes too much, tell them to go ticket every fucking diesel truck on the road.

That's a battle that if he picks and chooses, he'll lose. Diesel trucks are different.

Vteckidd
09-18-2012, 09:47 PM
That's a battle that if he picks and chooses, he'll lose. Diesel trucks are different.

the people that write these statutes are RETARDED. Fuel smoke or oil smoke doesnt matter SMOKE =SMOKE in their eyes. Are they really going to sit here and tell him they ticket cars that SMOKE on the road?

if so, record it, call WSB TV and put that shit on TV. The state is in no position to dictate what a SAFE VEHICLE is in regards to smoke from exhaust. if that motherfucker passes emissions, THEY CAN SUCK MY BALLS.

They wouldnt be able to argue their way out of that , its pretty simple to win

silversol
09-18-2012, 09:47 PM
Here's the only thing I'll add since I don't get into all the "profiling" stuff.

Traffic cops are just that, traffic cops. Police folks are designated to certain duties and they can't just venture off into other duties from that (unless, of course, it's a major ordeal going down). A crime is a crime no matter what it is. That's pretty much it. So I can think of at least one actual crime that was going on while you were pulled over.....

Maybe im just getting older. The older I get the more I see the police getting more military like. I have no reason to fear the police but when you cant go a block down the road with out seeing 3 cop cars it gets a bit intimidating. The number one reason I would get pulled over in a honda is having a tag light out that is the reason I would be giving If I ask the cop which tag light was out the officer would always studder. Becase we both know its bullshit. I have been lied to by police, Like one time the officer said my car was not registered to me but some woman in cobb county. he said it just to see what I would say. And when i called his bluff he tells me to just call the tag office in the morning. Like The cop would really let me drive off with someone elses car me not knowing the owner yeah When I offered to show him my regestration card he tells me not to worry about it! By the was I clean cut white collage kid at the time with no criminal record.

stillaneon
09-18-2012, 09:50 PM
I hate to disagree. The tails are an obvious violation. I guess at the end of the day, Reduce the issues they could 'profile' you for and you won't get pulled over...

quickdodgeŽ
09-18-2012, 09:53 PM
silversol, I was commenting on your point blank statement being completely false, my friend. I've been driving modified cars since you were one year old, man, and I have never been profiled by the police. When I got pulled over, it was always for something of my doing, whether it was for driving illegally or having an illegally modified part to my car. And we're talking about all sorts of locations from suburbs to city to hood to wherever.

Black R
09-18-2012, 09:56 PM
I usually fight my tickets and win.

It's just a pain in the ass because I have to take time off work and spend the day at the courthouse to get the shit thrown out.

Honestly I'd rather get a speeding ticket, because at least I could see having some culpability.

And as for the dot crap - I'll check it QD.
These tails were a gift.
I'll put some oem ones on, bc it's just bs in the end.
You can see my brake lights fine. The she-cop was complaining that my turn signals weren't bright enough.
Keep in mind that she was wearing sunglasses with the sun blinding her.
Seriously, what's the point? Oh ya, generate revenue to justify traffic cop bloat in our system...
It's just a fucking excuse to write me a ticket.
If it weren't the tails, it'd be something else.
They still waste my valuable time when pulling me over - even though they send me on my way without so much as a warning.
My point is that there isn't any "protect and serve" going on with all the revenue ticket writing.

As for the 'smoke,' I can easily take a video of the car idling or take the judge out to the parking lot and see that it's not anything at all... I can also have a local shop check it out and write up an invoice showing all is good.
That's going to get thrown out no doubt. It's just so gay to get a bs ticket like this in the first place.

David88vert
09-18-2012, 09:57 PM
OCGA 40-8-71
(b) The engine and power mechanism of every motor vehicle shall be so equipped and adjusted as to prevent the escape of excessive fumes or smoke.

The problem with this law is that there is no clear definition of "excessive". Without a measureable way to determine the amount, there is no way to determine the value of "excessive". This ticket is beatable, but be prepared to have to take a couple of days off from work to argue it - once to plead innocent, and another for the court date to argue it.

Black R
09-18-2012, 10:07 PM
silversol, I was commenting on your point blank statement being completely false, my friend. I've been driving modified cars since you were one year old, man, and I have never been profiled by the police. When I got pulled over, it was always for something of my doing, whether it was for driving illegally or having an illegally modified part to my car. And we're talking about all sorts of locations from suburbs to city to hood to wherever.

This I find really hard to believe.
I've been pulled over many times just so they could check me out and have me answer to the Gestapo about where I was going and what I was doing.
See above.

At the other end of the spectrum, downtown atl I could literally run open header for YEARS (and have), and the cops didn't give a fuck. They actually have real crime to deal with and not bs revenue ticketing on nearly the scale that say Alpharetta or other uppity suburban areas do.

silversol
09-18-2012, 10:12 PM

Have I earned a few tickets? Aboslutely! Im not saying I have never done anything wrong I have and got ticked and paid the fine and gone about my way. In my teens and early twentys when I was driving a modified honda I was pulled over no less then 20 times in the same car. Since I have strated driving other cars I have never been pulled over not once! The mustang I got after the honda had the most illegal window tint ever! If you were standing at the front bumper you could not see me sitting in the car had it that way for 2 years never once pulled over! Most of the time in the honda I was pulled over for bullshit! Sir your tag lights out mind if I search your vehicle stops? They get really pissy when you tell them no. I do it becase its my right to and pulling me over for a tag ligh does not give them probable casuse to search me.

A few months ago I was eating at a fast food joint with my buddy and two of gwinnetts finest were in the restarunt and a group of kids on the other side eating their food minding there own business one of the kids was driving a modified civic hatch back. As the officers left like a magnet they walked over to the hatchback shining there flashlights in it and walk back in to ask whos car it was. The kid responded it was his they asked him to pop his hood to search the vin numbers on the engine. Now you know Im big aginst thieves. But at the same time the officers had no right at all zero to search the kid! Had it had been me I would have told the cops to get fucked and go get a warrent to search my car! That is the kinda shit that pisses me off about cops just looking for someone to fuck with.

Black R
09-18-2012, 10:16 PM
I hate to disagree. The tails are an obvious violation. I guess at the end of the day, Reduce the issues they could 'profile' you for and you won't get pulled over...

I disagree with your disagreement: reducing issues will not prevent profiling.
It might help, but I have 4 cars: 2 EF's, this 240, and my itr. I've been profiled in each and every one.
the 240 is the only one with smoked tails.
And I see several cars every day as I commute that have blacked out tails. Oem gdot and blacked the fuck out.

ruah_23
09-18-2012, 10:51 PM
Is the shecop name nikki?

Julio
09-19-2012, 07:34 PM
Yes, They profile people who drive modified cars.. Well, civics.. I used to get pulled over quite often in my civic.. No so much anymore.. Since selling both civics.. Ive been pullover 3 times.. 1 time in my old TT, in TN..no reason.. :/

Got a ticket for speeding in my CRV, pulled over once in the cavalier..never been pulled over in the vette.. Ironic I got a speeding ticket in my crv and not the vette.. Lol I received 6 tickets and 5 warnings in my EK, all my fault, however pulled over about 20 times since 98 to 2005 and 2 times in my EG and owned it for about 3 month... I was kinda used to it.

isa2o3
09-19-2012, 09:09 PM
"I really feel like its because I work in a Latino area, and although I'm not Latino, I suppose I must look like I am to these cops or my car looks 'Mexi' to them."

There are Latinos in Alpharetta?

You should get the taillights changed and take the receipt to court. They will reduce your fee.

I got pulled over on my FJ Cruiser in Alpharetta with RG for going 80 on 65 and the cop let me go. I couldn't believe it. Just told the cop that the car was new and I didn't think I was going that fast. I am sure if I had my EK from back in the days it would have been different.

Elbow
09-20-2012, 07:40 AM
Maybe you all are just in the wrong areas, I have NEVER been pulled over for anything that I didn't do. I've had Civics, 240s, all the other typical "cop profiling cars" and have never been pulled over. Even my Civic track car with a cage and decals on it cops never looked twice. Not saying you all make this up or are in the wrong, it's just always surprising to me to hear these stories.

I hope you get it all worked out, sounds like a bunch of bull.

CHADbee
09-20-2012, 08:09 AM
....and people wonder why my daily driver is an Oldsmobile Alero:

http://www.ecarsflow.com/images/chevrolet-alero-06.jpg

....because I'm smart. While you're getting pulled over for farting at a stop light I'll cruise past the cop doing 20 over and he doesn't look twice.

Damn, I'm awesome.

David88vert
09-20-2012, 11:32 AM
....and people wonder why my daily driver is an Oldsmobile Alero:

....because I'm smart. While you're getting pulled over for farting at a stop light I'll cruise past the cop doing 20 over and he doesn't look twice.

Damn, I'm awesome.

Buick Century - QD had one, and I still have one. It comes stock with an invisibility feature...

CHADbee
09-20-2012, 11:41 AM
Buick Century - QD had one, and I still have one. It comes stock with an invisibility feature...

Best mod ever.

Vteckidd
09-20-2012, 02:06 PM
stock 2000 Civic , invisible cloak included

Black R
09-20-2012, 03:43 PM
"I really feel like its because I work in a Latino area, and although I'm not Latino, I suppose I must look like I am to these cops or my car looks 'Mexi' to them."

There are Latinos in Alpharetta?

My commute takes me through Roswell as well as Alpharetta.
But there are plenty of Alpharetta cops right at the border of Roswell for some reason.

quickdodgeŽ
09-20-2012, 05:26 PM

AAwwwwwww...you remembered, lolol.

Slow Motion
09-21-2012, 07:11 PM
Okay, Let me say first and foremost that I am not a lawyer or attorney, comments made by me do not reflect the opinion of anyone of IA or anyone else beside myself, period. When it comes to dealing with cops, you need to know your rights. Meaning that if you do anything to your car you need to know what is legal and what is not and be prepared for the consequences if it's not. Secondly, case law is your best friend. An officer can legally write you a ticket for any infraction but if you are repeating the same case law that they learn in the academy you will not be messed with especially if you are within the law. On rare occasions you still will get the ticket but in court precedent reigns. Don't give any officer of the law probable cause to stop you or to search your vehicle. Be respectful and calm especially at night when cops are on high guard because of limited visibility. Yes sir and no sir are the only two phrases you need to use when you decide to answer questions. Traffic cops are taught the art of interdiction*, so if your story isn't adding up they are only going to push harder cause they suspect something, especially if you are being and making an ass of yourself. Be an adult about it.

Here are several case law studies you should look up no matter who you are:
(If I am incorrect about any of these statutes please pm me so that I can go research my info)

Deleware vs Prouse
US vs Deberry
Tarry vs Ohio
Hibel vs Nevada

Remember precedence rules in court. That's where it truly matters. Cause when you win. You then have your own precedence to stand on, meaning that you know what is legal and what is harassment. Go to any college library or any library and you can look up cases. The library of congress is a great source for law. Make sure that when you do research it isn't opinion and it is peer reviewed. Thats why I am telling you to look them up yourself so you can find out on your own.

*Do some research on police interdiction. It's mainly used to capture drug traffickers but also more than 75% of criminals are caught while driving. So think about it.

Black R
09-26-2012, 05:32 PM
Thanks for your comments SM.

I remember seeing a site like this before:

Know Your Rights | Warren J. Breslin Law Offices | Chicago Illinois Criminal Defense Lawyer (http://www.breslinlaw.com/Know-Your-Rights.shtml)

Some of the advice is actually pretty good.

I'm debating filing a complaint against the Avondale Estates officers.
I'd really like to see the tape of that stop.

BanginJimmy
09-27-2012, 05:13 PM
These threads make me laugh.

In my old truck I VERY rarely got pulled over. Blacked out windows, tinted windshield, loud ass system riding low as hell. After it was bagged, I even got a warning for dragging once.

99% of the people claiming they didnt do anything to get pulled over are full of shit. You did something to draw their attention, then likely acted like a asshole to the cop.

thesammy
09-27-2012, 05:43 PM
The law for the state of GA regarding tinted tailights is it must be visible from 300ft with lights on, and you must be able to tell the difference when the brakes come on.

If you can prove the above in court, the ticket can be dropped. The law is the law, and it's 300ft in this state, and it does not differ by county. Although I cannot point to the section/article by memory, I did read it this year.

thesammy
09-27-2012, 05:52 PM
btw, I have tinted tail lights, I have 20% tint all around, and I drive with an electric cut out open almost all the time. I have 1 ticket in this car, clearly my fault, in 3.5yrs of owning it. And I have been pulled over at least 7 times, most were due to a tinted tag cover I got at autozone, which I removed after the 3rd warning. lol. One was going way over the speed limit, which resulted in no ticket.

On the other hand, I have had a few terrible encounters with police officers. I was never the driver, but I was with a couple other young guys (all of us under 20 then) driving through a road block. They set up some sort of skit, in my opinion, to try and get a few tickets/arrests. They had a dog jumping on the car, two officers who smelled marijuana, and another who did "tests" on us which proved we were high.

After a pat down, a search of the car, our possessions, and accusing us for 30 minutes, they asked us to get the hell out of the area. For the record, I've never touched the stuff, and neither of the guys I was with had in at least several months. I was with them all day, so definitely not in the past 12 hours.

quickdodgeŽ
09-27-2012, 07:43 PM
99% of the people claiming they didnt do anything to get pulled over are full of shit. You did something to draw their attention, then likely acted like a asshole to the cop.

I dub thee:

POST OF THE THREAD

metalmatt47
09-28-2012, 12:45 AM
These threads make me laugh.

In my old truck I VERY rarely got pulled over. Blacked out windows, tinted windshield, loud ass system riding low as hell. After it was bagged, I even got a warning for dragging once.

QFT.

Never been pulled over in my Datsun. Period. A lot of the people I see bitching I also see pulling hard out of parking lots, and driving unnecessarily hard.

ftp
09-28-2012, 09:24 PM
alot of it is age..when i was younger, i would do stupid shit on bikes and cars and always get busted...even went to jail for it once..now, cops dont even give me a second glance. Grantet I dont have any jdm or "illest" stickers in my window but I do fly our stars and stripes along with a gasden flag and nra sticker. Cops believe it or not do have better things to do than "pick" on kids...Act responsible,dont drive a shit box 240 and all will be good lol!

quickdodgeŽ
09-28-2012, 11:04 PM
alot of it is age..when i was younger, i would do stupid shit on bikes and cars and always get busted...

A lot of it is the latter and not the former. Remember, I was younger once, as well, and I never had any run ins with the law that weren't warranted.

blaknoize
10-27-2012, 01:10 AM
Profiling exists, I know this for a fact. As in a previous post of mine. I was pulled over for 35 in a 35 at 3am in Portsmouth, OH. Was told my lightly tinted vanity plate warranted a stop and search. I was never ticketed or even asked for my license; just an attempt to search. I refused and told him I was being profiled as he had no reasoning whatsoever to pull me over. I guess the tails are too dark, so as stated before, you may as well change them.

But I do hate being profiled. The frequency goes up the later it gets or the area you just so happen to have to drive through and also what you drive. I'm purposely experimenting with riding with no front plate on my NEW Accord and have yet to be stopped for it. However, when I had the same on my CRX, I was stopped continously for threatened throughout the year till I got rid of the car. Although I refused to drill holes in the CRX as it was a southern car.

blaknoize
10-27-2012, 01:12 AM
A lot of it is the latter and not the former. Remember, I was younger once, as well, and I never had any run ins with the law that weren't warranted.

Back when you were growing up, things were less censored and less of a concern. Us nowadays cant drink as much, drive as fast as often, modify as much, stay our as late, etc. The younger of us have laws upon laws just being created to bring in more money. The kids in the future will have even more so and will have less freedom to enjoy messing up or trying new things.

Even in my lil city I was raised in, things are getting tighter and they need more reasons to stop you to get money to keep the officers employeed.

quickdodgeŽ
10-27-2012, 04:08 AM
Profiling exists, I know this for a fact. As in a previous post of mine. I was pulled over for 35 in a 35 at 3am in Portsmouth, OH. Was told my lightly tinted vanity plate warranted a stop and search. I was never ticketed or even asked for my license; just an attempt to search. I refused and told him I was being profiled as he had no reasoning whatsoever to pull me over. I guess the tails are too dark, so as stated before, you may as well change them.

But I do hate being profiled. The frequency goes up the later it gets or the area you just so happen to have to drive through and also what you drive. I'm purposely experimenting with riding with no front plate on my NEW Accord and have yet to be stopped for it. However, when I had the same on my CRX, I was stopped continously for threatened throughout the year till I got rid of the car. Although I refused to drill holes in the CRX as it was a southern car.

It's always someone elses fault. And why would you purposely ride illegally to prove a point?

Back when you were growing up, things were less censored and less of a concern. Us nowadays cant drink as much, drive as fast as often, modify as much, stay our as late, etc. The younger of us have laws upon laws just being created to bring in more money. The kids in the future will have even more so and will have less freedom to enjoy messing up or trying new things.

Even in my lil city I was raised in, things are getting tighter and they need more reasons to stop you to get money to keep the officers employeed.

You weren't there when I was growing up, man, so you really don't know how it was. The same laws existed when I was younger as they do now. Now what it really is is there are more rebellious younger folks, more challenging younger folks out there than there were when I was younger. People more willing to challenge the law for whatever reason.

l Gizzy l
10-27-2012, 06:13 AM
You weren't there when I was growing up, man, so you really don't know how it was. The same laws existed when I was younger as they do now. Now what it really is is there are more rebellious younger folks, more challenging younger folks out there than there were when I was younger. People more willing to challenge the law for whatever reason.

I believe this, to a point. My dad grew up in the 60s and 70s, and he has tons of stories to tell me. He was in the muscle car scene when it was coming up. One of the most prominent stories was when the gas stations would coat their parking lots with this substance that would help prevent fires. Low and behold this stuff is GREAT for doing burnouts. So my dad and his buddies would pull into the lot and light em up. After 30 seconds or so, the store owner would come out and wave them on. Dad would say "Thank you, sir. Yessir!" And head out. No harm, no foul, just kids having fun.

Nowadays, as soon as you pull into the lot it seems the clerk would be on the phone with the police, and you would get tossed in jail. I understand the world is a different place now, and I guess this is the result.

quickdodgeŽ
10-27-2012, 06:55 AM
I believe this, to a point. My dad grew up in the 60s and 70s, and he has tons of stories to tell me. He was in the muscle car scene when it was coming up. One of the most prominent stories was when the gas stations would coat their parking lots with this substance that would help prevent fires. Low and behold this stuff is GREAT for doing burnouts. So my dad and his buddies would pull into the lot and light em up. After 30 seconds or so, the store owner would come out and wave them on. Dad would say "Thank you, sir. Yessir!" And head out. No harm, no foul, just kids having fun.

Nowadays, as soon as you pull into the lot it seems the clerk would be on the phone with the police, and you would get tossed in jail. I understand the world is a different place now, and I guess this is the result.

I'm saying in general, my friend. There's places right now where you can go do a burn out in a parking lot and roll on. Thing is, though, and this goes back to my people are more rebellious now-a-days comment, people today want to take advantage of it. They want to participate in the illegal aspects of life. Also, your example isn't disproving my comment above. Going onto private property and doing a burn out with owner's consent is a lot of different than going out in the Kroger parking lot and doing because you want to. You dig?

l Gizzy l
10-27-2012, 07:06 AM
I'm saying in general, my friend. There's places right now where you can go do a burn out in a parking lot and roll on. Thing is, though, and this goes back to my people are more rebellious now-a-days comment, people today want to take advantage of it. They want to participate in the illegal aspects of life. Also, your example isn't disproving my comment above. Going onto private property and doing a burn out with owner's consent is a lot of different than going out in the Kroger parking lot and doing because you want to. You dig?

i can dig it, i got you, sir. I'm with the taking advantage thing. Back then, it would be 1 or 2 cars doing it, and nowadays it will be 10. Everyone wants to "be a part" of what's going on, of what everyone else is doing, instead of doing their own thing.

People just want to push the envelope, want to take and take.

HeyItsSkeero
10-27-2012, 10:49 AM
Honestly "profiling" depends on where you live. I've been pulled over 3 times in my 00 EPB Si. Once for racing, no ticket. Once for I guess spinning the tires or some shit hitting vtec I honestly don't really know, but I wasn't at the speed limit yet.. Also no ticket again. And I've been pulled over for no seatbelt in Collegedale Tn. I got a ticket on that one.. Even though I was more than a mile outside of his jurisdiction, I was younger and it was a $10 dollar ticket. On the way back from an IA in my 08 CR-V, I was passing everyone and cops weren't even looking at me and pulled another car over. lol.

Honestly 9 times out of 10 you're being pulled over for what YOU did. The one time is because that cop is having a shitty day. All you HAVE to do is be respectful towards the cop, being an ass hole gets you no where.

And change your taillights, if you get pulled over again you then have the right to say you're being profiled. As long as you're driving like a normal person.

keevo54
10-27-2012, 08:53 PM
Haha I got pulled over last night for illegal tint on my tails. Officer pulled me out of the car to look at them. We bull shit for a little bit. Then he tells me it looks good lol

Sinfix_15
10-28-2012, 05:06 PM

I got more than fair treatment from cops when driving a 240sx. I even had a cop flat out catch me with my pants down mid race doing 130+ and he didnt even raise his voice and gave me a slap on the wrist speeding ticket for 10 mph over after having a friendly conversation with me about "being young and stupid".

I dont know if i am some statistical anomaly or something..... but i've never got a real ticket driving a "tuner car". I've had a few speeding tickets driving an SUV or family car.

Must be because im white, that's what i keep hearing.

Stormhammer
12-08-2012, 01:41 AM
As someone who had recently bought a lowered Civic hatch.

Good shit do they love pulling me over. 46 in a 35. Foglight being out. Tire going into the dashed line for a few feet going into the turn lane.

Still no tickets technically, but... well, selling the Civic for that.

Drove my new Starion past 2 police cars in a median. No tags on the car yet ( insured already ), and... nothing.

-shrugs- lesson learned. Don't drive a Civic in Alpharetta.

l Gizzy l
12-08-2012, 06:35 AM
just dont drive a civic in general...:D

But on a different note, I got clocked 22 over, ripping through the gears a few weeks ago. The cop was sitting on the side, he pointed at me and i nodded my head and just pulled over. It was about 5pm, so no point in trying to run as its still daylight...

I turned the car off immediately, had my license ready, then we got to bullshittin about my car, and how he liked it. Ha

Got written a WARNING for 69 in a 55. Cool cop.

Just be respectful to them, they're just doing their job. As with all jobs, some do it better than others.

And of course, race always plays a factor. Was a white cop that pulled me over, if it had been any of my black buddies driving, TICKET. ha

That's in addition to about 3 months ago when I was on my way back from the WB meet, and I turned onto North Marietta, ripping through the gears again (as I am the only car on the road at 2pm) and I see lights off to the left turn on and come flying out behind me. I pulled over before he even turned his lights on. Clocked at 62 in a 35 (that's 27 over, super speeder and if he wants, reckless driving = mandatory 6 month license revokation) Calmly talked to him again and asked for a warning. Got to bullshitting again about how the speed limit on a 5/6 lane road is 35.

Got a ticket for 49 in a 35, which was about $100, paid it GLADLY.

quickdodgeŽ
12-08-2012, 06:43 AM
And of course, race always plays a factor.

Completely disagree. It's foolish to always have somewhere else to lay blame other than yourself.

l Gizzy l
12-08-2012, 06:55 AM
Completely disagree. It's foolish to always have somewhere else to lay blame other than yourself.

I never said I didnt deserve to be pulled over.

We should run a test. Have me, a white dude get pulled over 20 over and my buddy, a black dude, get clocked 20 over. We're both young guys driving 350zs.

See who gets a ticket. I see the racism daily, and I'm white....xD

Of course, as you said, if you didnt do anything to warrant being pulled over in the first place, then there's no issue.

quickdodgeŽ
12-08-2012, 07:06 AM
I never said I didnt deserve to be pulled over.

I wasn't referring to this being foolish thinking. "Always" is such a strong word and that's what I disagreed with. I'm also white. I've been driving since 1986. I've been driving lowriding cars since 1987. And also since that time, I've driven in Atlanta's (and surrounding areas) worst neighborhoods and at all times of days and nights. Of the hundreds of times I've driven through these areas, I've only been pulled over once. By a black policeman. Got a warning for being too low back in the very early 1990s. That was it. I wasn't given a hard time and was treated respectfully as I treated the officers. It's all in presentation. That and the offense are the two initial deciding factors that will dictate the rest of the encounter.

l Gizzy l
12-08-2012, 07:17 AM
I wasn't referring to this being foolish thinking. "Always" is such a strong word and that's what I disagreed with. I'm also white. I've been driving since 1986. I've been driving lowriding cars since 1987. And also since that time, I've driven in Atlanta's (and surrounding areas) worst neighborhoods and at all times of days and nights. Of the hundreds of times I've driven through these areas, I've only been pulled over once. By a black policeman. Got a warning for being too low back in the very early 1990s. That was it. I wasn't given a hard time and was treated respectfully as I treated the officers. It's all in presentation. That and the offense are the two initial deciding factors that will dictate the rest of the encounter.

ahhh fair enough, I was under the impression you were denying race being applied in certain situations. Absolutely correct.

Black R
12-08-2012, 06:29 PM

You must be trolling.

Race is and has been a factor almost every time I've been pulle over.

BanginJimmy
12-08-2012, 07:29 PM
You must be trolling.

Race is and has been a factor almost every time I've been pulle over.

And you know this how?

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk 2.

quickdodgeŽ
12-08-2012, 08:58 PM
You must be trolling.

Call it what you want, I guess.

But you and I both know I'm no "troll."

Echonova
12-08-2012, 10:52 PM
I didn't know radar guns saw i color.

Learn something new everyday.

I think it has more to do with "how" you drive vs. color you drive with.

ie: Young kids see 35mph sign going through back-woods country town... They roll through in 2nd gear 5,000 rpms waiting for traffic to clear.

Old guy (in same car) takes it in fourth gear waiting for an opportunity to downshift and pass. Who would get a ticket? The young guy. Because most of the time their too stupid to fight it, let alone fight it competently. And yet, they feel the need to show their cock to the world.

ssonsk
12-09-2012, 01:40 AM
aha I got a ticket the other day in Douglasville for going 61 in a 45 and i'm black
It was an in and out situation he was professional about it (a little too professional didn't bump it down at all -___-)

ie: Young kids see 35mph sign going through back-woods country town... They roll through in 2nd gear 5,000 rpms waiting for traffic to clear.

Old guy (in same car) takes it in fourth gear waiting for an opportunity to downshift and pass. Who would get a ticket? The young guy. Because most of the time their too stupid to fight it, let alone fight it competently. And yet, they feel the need to show their cock to the world.

oh yea you gotta watch out for those radar guns Racist AF

RandomGuy
12-09-2012, 02:37 AM
oh yea you gotta watch out for those radar guns Racist AF

they got new technology

C230K
12-09-2012, 12:08 PM

I say the same thing to the people who want to race on the freeway

§treet_§peed
12-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Honestly, most cops don't care to help people anymore. I was mugged and beat by four guys a few months ago. Thankfully a bystander with a pistol got them off of me and scared them away. Called the law, they said there was nothing they could do. Lost a tooth and got the shit beat out of me since I don't have any money lol.

RandomGuy
12-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Honestly, most cops don't care to help people anymore. I was mugged and beat by four guys a few months ago. Thankfully a bystander with a pistol got them off of me and scared them away. Called the law, they said there was nothing they could do. Lost a tooth and got the shit beat out of me since I don't have any money lol.

where was this?

§treet_§peed
12-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Gainesville

§treet_§peed
12-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Of course, I am just another cracker...

§treet_§peed
12-09-2012, 05:24 PM
The also fucked up my neck more than it already was and tore my rotator cuff in my right shoulder.

ssonsk
12-09-2012, 09:30 PM
you should take a visit to the concealed thread

Aeroscout977
12-15-2012, 11:52 PM
Not sure who I am playing Devil's advocate here for but...

I feel that cops do profile import cars in certain areas of the country. That being said, all of my tickets have been deserved and of my own fault.

Black R
01-09-2013, 02:36 AM
Fwiw, I went to court today and got both tickets dismissed.

There's still a $50 each citation "dismissal charge."

Tell me this isn't just a blatant money grabbing scheme. :/

Black R
01-09-2013, 10:10 AM
And you know this how?

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk 2.

Gratuitious use of the words 'n*gg,' 'son,' and 'boy.'

quickdodgeŽ
01-09-2013, 07:21 PM
There's still a $50 each citation "dismissal charge."

Tell me this isn't just a blatant money grabbing scheme. :/

Haha, damn. They weren't going to just you walk, huh?