PDA

View Full Version : It annoys the shit out of me...

CSquared
09-17-2012, 09:38 AM
To see people rolling around in higher end cars, who can't afford to maintain their shit. I just saw a dude in a new BMW 335i with more steel sticking out of his tires then there was rubber.

Back in the day at the tire store you would always get these folks:

"I can't afford that, do you have anything cheaper?" No, you HAD to get the $70,000 dollar sport model to look baller, and the 19 inch runflats that came with it are $200+ per tire.

"Do I have to put a runflat on there?" No... but being that you got the one without a spare, I hope you enjoy being stuck on the side of a road.... "Oh."

"Is there a smaller size?" Yeah, let me lube up a 185/60/14 and shove that mf on there for you.

I just can't see not taking that into consideration when buying or leasing a car. Did you think it was going to maintain itself?

1civic
09-17-2012, 09:43 AM
Agreed, seen it so many times..SMH!!

I own 3 cars, and I could fix any of them at any point... :)

tnomud
09-17-2012, 12:29 PM
I use a Vanillaroma tree in both my BMW's

Sammich
09-17-2012, 12:35 PM
i just told someone last night, i would never buy a german car because i dont plan on keeping it pass 100k miles/past warranty, i told her i'd rather lease. maintenance on those cars are ridiculous after the warranty is up...FUK THAT

Nismo
09-17-2012, 01:16 PM
hate hate hate

Julio
09-17-2012, 01:19 PM
To see people rolling around in higher end cars, who can't afford to maintain their shit. I just saw a dude in a new BMW 335i with more steel sticking out of his tires then there was rubber.

Back in the day at the tire store you would always get these folks:

"I can't afford that, do you have anything cheaper?" No, you HAD to get the $70,000 dollar sport model to look baller, and the 19 inch runflats that came with it are $200+ per tire.

"Do I have to put a runflat on there?" No... but being that you got the one without a spare, I hope you enjoy being stuck on the side of a road.... "Oh."

"Is there a smaller size?" Yeah, let me lube up a 185/60/14 and shove that mf on there for you.

I just can't see not taking that into consideration when buying or leasing a car. Did you think it was going to maintain itself?

Something I have learned in this life.. Just because he said he cant afford them, it doesn't mean he's necessarily saying the truth.. Just because he drives a 70k car it doesn't mean he will go in there and drop 200 right away.. I never assume anymore...lol

Sammich
09-17-2012, 01:27 PM
that is a helluva truth LOL...that ISSSSS how rich people stay rich, they act broke LMAO

CHADbee
09-17-2012, 01:29 PM
6 months ago I was looking for a new toy/track car....it was down to a nice low mileage 350Z or a E46 M3. I looked into prices on maintenance and performance parts for both...............and bought another Z.

It is what it is.

Julio
09-17-2012, 01:45 PM
that is a helluva truth LOL...that ISSSSS how rich people stay rich, they act broke LMAO

The other day I was in the elevator with the son of the owner of the company I work for.... He drives a 300, I asked him, hey what happened with your hood? And he when on how piss he is because, he dropped a ladder on it and a shop wants to charge him $550 to fix.. Hmnm..

tnomud
09-17-2012, 02:14 PM
6 months ago I was looking for a new toy/track car....it was down to a nice low mileage 350Z or a E46 M3. I looked into prices on maintenance and performance parts for both...............and bought another Z.

It is what it is.

I think I taught many in the Circle of Hooligans a very valuable lesson about tracking Expensive Cars, specifically the E46 M3.

i just told someone last night, i would never buy a german car because i dont plan on keeping it pass 100k miles/past warranty, i told her i'd rather lease. maintenance on those cars are ridiculous after the warranty is up...FUK THAT

Yeah and No. I put 1200-1500 miles per week on my 530 without issue. 40-50K per year.

We will soon be adding a 3rd BMW to the fleet (trading in a 10 STi).

If you buy some busted ass Buy-Here-Pay-Here Benz with unknown history, it will probably cost you.

Sammich
09-17-2012, 02:17 PM
maintenance/parts for that BMW is expensive, no matter how you slice it. that's what i'm getting at, and that's something i'm not about. like i said, i'd rather lease

Sammich
09-17-2012, 02:18 PM
The other day I was in the elevator with the son of the owner of the company I work for.... He drives a 300, I asked him, hey what happened with your hood? And he when on how piss he is because, he dropped a ladder on it and a shop wants to charge him $550 to fix.. Hmnm..

and he doesnt want to pay to get it fixed...impressive.

RsonGt3's
09-17-2012, 02:24 PM
One thing that annoys me is when a high end car comes to my job and all they want to spend is $5 to get their car clean!! Like wtf... You have such a nice car but it looks like shit because you haven't washed it in months and then you want to come in here pay $5 bux and expect your car to be spotless SMFH!

Echonova
09-17-2012, 06:06 PM
Being a "rich" guy... I see both points.

Can I afford a $5k set of rims? Sure.

Will I put them on a Miata worth $4k? No.

Will I buy a over-priced BMW because the Germans think highly of their "workmanship"? No.

I drive what I like, and more and more I believe the automobile industry went downhill after the late 90's (actually a lot earlier, but some models lingered on in greatness).

Who needs TCS, ACT, DSC, DSC-X, ESC, ABS blah blah blah. All that shit makes a driver worse, not better.

Franco Tirador
09-21-2012, 10:43 PM
maintenance/parts for that BMW is expensive, no matter how you slice it. that's what i'm getting at, and that's something i'm not about. like i said, i'd rather lease

i have been in the auto parts business for a while and this is very true, i LOVE, LOVE!!!!!!! the oem stance of BMW but im too scared to get one because i know if one thing breaks down, it's going to become a money pit, i chose instead to spent good money on my honda to give it a good suspension set up to get it close to a BMW :-), i was going to get an 01 m3 with 90k on it, i looked up parts for it, a cat is like 1k, for a freaking catalytic converter, can i afford it ? yes, am i willing to spend it on a cat for a car?? NO. i may still get like a low miles 330 or something tho, im just going to check it out very well before i buy it, lol, there are some bmw s that the rack and pinion cost like $1200 remanufactured, and some unknowing customers fall into the niceness of the german cars without suspecting that when something breaks down, it's going to hurt their pockets, a radiator fan assembly, yes a radiator fan assembly, not made out of gold or anything, just your regular radiator fan assembly for a 2000 VW van is freaking $950, i could not believe it

Franco Tirador
09-21-2012, 11:14 PM
i do love me some of those SICK bmw wheels tho, and those freaking m3 seats that the bottom part of the seat behind your knees drop down, f*****g sexy!!!!

RL...
09-21-2012, 11:30 PM
Working in tire sales/installation I can say people don't maintain nor replace their tires as they should, rich or poor. It really comes from the fact that people are not educated enough about the importance of such things. But if they want to risk their families safety riding on worn tires, there's nothing any of us can do about it.

D3UC3S
09-25-2012, 06:20 AM
^^you sound like Yoda talks...

Echonova
09-25-2012, 06:47 AM
^^you sound like Yoda talks...^^^ You replied to a spammer that has now been deleted...

D3UC3S
09-25-2012, 07:43 AM
In that case, you speak english very well RL :)

E36slide
09-25-2012, 07:57 AM
I go through 4 sets of tires in about two months. There expensive, but i wouldn't dare drive around with wires showing.

Why all the hate on bmw's. I've had 6 so far and all of them were awesome cars. You don't have to buy oem parts. Bmw's parts are more expensive because they hardly break. I got 500k out of my e36 325i sedan and i would bust e36 m3's asses on the track. Can't get any better then that.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Nemesis
09-25-2012, 07:58 AM
I have a coworker that is on his second 335i and hes about to trade it in, he absolutely hates it for some reason. I would love to own a C63 AMG someday.

topsecret2JZ
09-25-2012, 09:50 AM
Every bmw i have owned or friends have owned have had problems but as the people not doing upkeep on cars i know i change oil in csrs and all day u see people put conventional oil in their cars that say full synthetic only on the oil cap and the catalyst but they always say give me the cheap oil thats to expensive or they say the dealer does it cheaper but im already here bottom line people r dumb they let their cars fall apart because they dont think the cars gonna mess up untill it actually dies on them but oh well not my problem i take care of my baby

Slow Motion
09-25-2012, 03:25 PM
I was thinking about getting a '10 A4 but after further careful consideration i have decided to just go ahead and clean up this max. and save about 20-30k. I think I will put some german wheels on her though.

Austin?
09-25-2012, 03:38 PM
I was at the gas station the other night waiting to pay for my gas
dude walk up to the counter say $3.20 on pump 4 the clerk chuckle with " you for real? With $3.20 you won't even make a mile." I look out side This nig was rolling in a Hummer.

silversol
09-25-2012, 04:47 PM
I was at the gas station the other night waiting to pay for my gas
dude walk up to the counter say $3.20 on pump 4 the clerk chuckle with " you for real? With $3.20 you won't even make a mile." I look out side This nig was rolling in a Hummer.

Hood rich! LOL I had a buddy with a hummer, He told me his Rv got better mileage then the hummer At first I thought he was joking but he was dead serious haha.

RandomGuy
09-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Believe it or not, I'm getting almost 19 miles/gallon on a 12A rotary

crazy

quickdodgeŽ
09-25-2012, 09:27 PM
Believe it or not, I'm getting almost 19 miles/gallon on a 12A rotary

crazy

Takes me almost 3 weeks to use up a tank of gas in my car.

DynamicSound
09-25-2012, 09:49 PM
It is easier for us to sell a $400+ Ceramic Window Tinting job to a Honda owner than a Porsche owner. Some people put everything they have into getting a nice car and can't afford anything else.

I pay $75 to fill up twice a week in gas on my daily ever since it was tuned at 18lbs of boost.

tnomud
09-26-2012, 12:12 PM
I put 50-60K a year on my 530is without any problems. Other than a motor that I grenaded on the track, my 05 M3 has been pretty bulletproof too. I am trading my 2010 STi in on a 335diesel in the coming weeks too. Just waiting on a white one to surface.