PDA

View Full Version : Smokers

BanginJimmy
09-16-2012, 12:02 AM
Why do you get upset when I call you drug addicts, fiends, and hypes? Itsnt that what you are? Twice this past week I almost got into fights with smokers for using those terms.

dc5-rsx
09-16-2012, 01:37 AM
Is it different if you smoke on gunja?

Sent From My Omega Red Galaxy S2

Bacon
09-16-2012, 07:44 AM
I can see how people get offended by being called a drug addict if you are a smoker of cigarettes because the term "drug addict" or "fiend" is usually reserved for people who take, use, and abuse what the normal population consider drugs. Nicotine is in fact a drug so you are not wrong when calling them that.

Me on the other hand....I could give two fucks less what you call me. Something that minor does not offend me. Chances are, if I know you do not smoke, I won't smoke around you out of respect.

Sent from my Thunderbolt 4G

quickdodge®
09-16-2012, 08:32 AM
Smoking.....ugh. Although I find it gross to all people, I find it even more disgusting seeing a female doing it. Looks completely trashy seeing a woman smoke.

BanginJimmy
09-16-2012, 09:31 AM
I can see how people get offended by being called a drug addict if you are a smoker of cigarettes because the term "drug addict" or "fiend" is usually reserved for people who take, use, and abuse what the normal population consider drugs. Nicotine is in fact a drug so you are not wrong when calling them that.

Me on the other hand....I could give two fucks less what you call me. Something that minor does not offend me. Chances are, if I know you do not smoke, I won't smoke around you out of respect.

Sent from my Thunderbolt 4G

Smoking is one of this things I never understood. You actually WANT to smell like shit? You WANT decaying, stained teeth and bad breath? You WANT to vastly increase your chances of developing several cancers and other diseases? Unless they answer yes to these questions, how can smokers not be lumped into the same category as dope fiends and crack heads?

Vteckidd
09-16-2012, 09:33 AM
It is a type of .............addiction to some degree. It is deadly, but people do it anyway.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Quit 5 years ago

BanginJimmy
09-16-2012, 10:59 AM
Its not a type of addiction. It is a full blown chemical addiction. The only difference between crack or cocaine and cigs is the legality.

BanginJimmy
09-16-2012, 11:00 AM
Smoking.....ugh. Although I find it gross to all people, I find it even more disgusting seeing a female doing it. Looks completely trashy seeing a woman smoke.

I have blown off more than a couple women simply because they were smokers.

Sinfix_15
09-16-2012, 11:22 AM
I'm assuming youre talking about cig smokers, but it becomes an even more volatile topic with weed smokers.

Sinfix_15
09-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Its not a type of addiction. It is a full blown chemical addiction. The only difference between crack or cocaine and cigs is the legality.

Cacaine has fewer side effects than cigs.

isa2o3
09-16-2012, 01:25 PM
Why do you get upset when I call you drug addicts, fiends, and hypes? Itsnt that what you are? Twice this past week I almost got into fights with smokers for using those terms.

I think smokers get upset because they define the term 'drug' to be a substance that take one out of his/her normal state of mind. As you may know, this is not true for cigarette smokers. There is a difference between the two. This is why they get upset and it's a valid reason.

Echonova
09-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Obama smokes, so it must be good for you.

Thread derailment in 3

BanginJimmy
09-16-2012, 02:49 PM
I think smokers get upset because they define the term 'drug' to be a substance that take one out of his/her normal state of mind. As you may know, this is not true for cigarette smokers. There is a difference between the two. This is why they get upset and it's a valid reason.

Considering the fact that every drag you take on a cig causes brain damage, I think you are wrong.

Oh and its a fact that cig smokers are generally dumber than non cig smokers.

BanginJimmy
09-16-2012, 02:50 PM
Obama smokes, so it must be good for you.

MooShell wouldnt let him smoke if it was dangerous.

Bacon
09-16-2012, 02:52 PM
Considering the fact that every drag you take on a cig causes brain damage, I think you are wrong.

Oh and its a fact that cig smokers are generally dumber than non cig smokers.

Do you have verified information to back this claim up? This is a real question and not meant to be taken as me being an asshole.

Being a smoker myself, I don't see myself as being any smarter or dumber than a non-smoker.

BanginJimmy
09-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Do you have verified information to back this claim up? This is a real question and not meant to be taken as me being an asshole.

Being a smoker myself, I don't see myself as being any smarter or dumber than a non-smoker.

BBC News | HEALTH | Smoking 'kills brain cells' (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/1985505.stm)

fresh off the presses . . . . in 2002.

Study: Smokers Have Lower IQs Than Non-Smokers | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,587241,00.html)

Bacon
09-16-2012, 03:05 PM
BBC News | HEALTH | Smoking 'kills brain cells' (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/1985505.stm)

fresh off the presses . . . . in 2002.

Study: Smokers Have Lower IQs Than Non-Smokers | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,587241,00.html)

Read it on the news and the interwebs so it must be true. I am not doubting your political or news intelligence so don't take this the wrong way but I think that's horse shit. No two people are the same when it comes to knowledge or power of the mind. No two people have the same learning curve. One may learn something faster or slower than the next person. One may learn something that the next person never will and vice versa not because they may or may not smoke but because no two people will learn on the same level. Everyone has their strong points and weaknesses when it comes to learning.

BanginJimmy
09-16-2012, 03:12 PM
Read it on the news and the interwebs so it must be true. I am not doubting your political or news intelligence so don't take this the wrong way but I think that's horse shit. No two people are the same when it comes to knowledge or power of the mind. No two people have the same learning curve. One may learn something faster or slower than the next person. One may learn something that the next person never will and vice versa not because they may or may not smoke but because no two people will learn on the same level. Everyone has their strong points and weaknesses when it comes to learning.

This is why I pointed out that it was generally speaking. Of course not everyone is the same, but speaking in general terms, scientific research has shown smokers have a lower intelligence than non smokers and smoking causes brain damage.

quickdodge®
09-16-2012, 03:14 PM
Everyone has their strong points and weaknesses when it comes to learning.

Not me. I was always a strong point when it came to learning. Everyone else was always weaker than me.

Especially smokers. It's actually a proven fact that I'm smarter, intellectually and common sense-wise, than all smokers.

Bacon
09-16-2012, 03:26 PM
Those test results were also taken out on laboratory animals and the Israeli army. Israel is lower than the US on the National IQ Scores data and rats are animals that can't be considered on the same IQ level as humans.

This is a topic that could go on and on and on and become nothing but a e-cock size up topic. I am simply trying to find out where you are coming from

BanginJimmy
09-16-2012, 03:34 PM
Those test results were also taken out on laboratory animals and the Israeli army. Israel is lower than the US on the National IQ Scores data and rats are animals that can't be considered on the same IQ level as humans.

There is a reason researchers use rats for testing.

Its not like they are comparing Israeli smokers to American non smokers. Jut because it was a study done is Israel doesnt mean the results wouldnt hold true here.

Despite similar environmental conditions, non-smoking siblings achieved higher IQs than their smoking brothers.

Read more: Is this proof smoking lowers your IQ? Study suggests 20 a day drastically reduces mental capacity | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1261490/Is-proof-smoking-lowers-IQ-Study-suggests-20-day-drastically-reduces-mental-capacity.html#ixzz26fPSxgwB)

This is a topic that could go on and on and on and become nothing but a e-cock size up topic. I am simply trying to find out where you are coming from

No reason to get defensive.

Doppelgänger
09-16-2012, 09:52 PM
I'd be more worried about the overweight fat fucks in this country than the smokers.

Catnip
09-16-2012, 10:01 PM
I'd be more worried about the overweight fat fucks in this country than the smokers.

lol. Funny how the American way is to think of it as having 2 choices, be either a smoker or a fat fuck.

Vteckidd
09-16-2012, 11:01 PM
Obesity is much bigger than smoking from what i have seen.

Smoking is very negative and looked on as the not norm. Obesity on the other hand................

Doppelgänger
09-17-2012, 06:34 AM
....not to mention people get away with claiming obesity as a "disability".

B20v
09-17-2012, 11:43 AM
....not to mention people get away with claiming obesity as a "disability".

this pisses me off so bad. it's like you can't pass a mcdonalds without getting something, so now all of a sudden you're "disabled". ain't that a bitch