PDA

View Full Version : UMMM HELP NEED ADVICE: INTEGRA SUSPENSION/STEERING ISSUE

jdm_eg8
09-15-2012, 07:25 PM
Okay so I do not know what the deal is because out of the 37 hondas I've all have been good....

I've got a 96' Integra LS & something appears to be wrong from just looking at it much less driving it. The driver side tire is pushed back more towards the firewall & the passenger is top dead center where it should be! I don't know if the car has ever been off the road or if the previous owner/s have maybe hit a curb, also the steering wheel is turned towards the left making it appear to be a bad alignment but clearly somethings bent just by looking the gaps from driver/passenger side & looking at the middle of the driver side fender down....

What can it be because when I hit bumps going straight only the driver side hits the inner fender wall and does it when I turn left, turning right doesn't because the wheel is turned the opposite direction of the inner fender wall (not fender liner, cause I have none, lol)....

Could it be a "bad" front lca???

Bushings, tie rods, Axle, Shock, Shock Mount appear to be fine from just looking at it....

Need the advice so I can start getting what I need so I can fix this because its getting really annoying!

green91
09-16-2012, 08:23 AM
I've fixed this issue before.

It ended up being that the "Compliance Arm" was bent. Its usually sold as 1 pc with the lower control arm.

Your best bet is to just get an entire LCA from a junk yard. Fortunately its probably the same on all DC Integra. After you replace it, make sure to get the car aligned!

Its the piece on the right in this pic:

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad296/Andy_TF/HPIM0242.jpg

jdm_eg8
09-16-2012, 08:32 AM
I've fixed this issue before.

It ended up being that the "Compliance Arm" was bent. Its usually sold as 1 pc with the lower control arm.

Your best bet is to just get an entire LCA from a junk yard. Fortunately its probably the same on all DC Integra. After you replace it, make sure to get the car aligned!

Its the piece on the right in this pic:

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad296/Andy_TF/HPIM0242.jpg

So if bought new or from a junkyard the lca comes with the "compliance arm" attatched to it?

green91
09-16-2012, 08:35 AM
generally yes. may as well grab the compliance bushing too as they are prone to wearing out.

Usually comes like this:
http://images1.carpartsdiscount.com/auto/archive/pictures/44101/615/1/P/62F2513/acura_integra_1999_control_arm_front_lower_right_o em_51350_st7_010_51350st7010.jpg

D3UC3S
09-16-2012, 08:36 AM
they are attached. Just pull the LCA and the "compliance arm" bolts are back where the sway bar bolts in.

jdm_eg8
09-16-2012, 11:26 AM
generally yes. may as well grab the compliance bushing too as they are prone to wearing out.

Usually comes like this:
http://images1.carpartsdiscount.com/auto/archive/pictures/44101/615/1/P/62F2513/acura_integra_1999_control_arm_front_lower_right_o em_51350_st7_010_51350st7010.jpg

Pic isn't working through the Tapatalk App but however works on the Standard Website! Thanks for the upload & that's all I need correct?

jdm_eg8
09-16-2012, 11:26 AM
they are attached. Just pull the LCA and the "compliance arm" bolts are back where the sway bar bolts in.

Okay cool, so this is more than likely what's wrong????

D3UC3S
09-16-2012, 01:06 PM
Something in your suspension is bent. Usually its one of these two peices.

jdm_eg8
09-16-2012, 03:22 PM
Something in your suspension is bent. Usually its one of these two peices.

Yeah there definately is... I've got to find the part.... Anyone here have 1?

jdm_eg8
09-17-2012, 01:34 PM
Okay just to put my mind at ease I took the teg to Kauffman Tire in Douglasville to have them put it on the Alignment Rack to look for any visible damage the front end & I've got a bad driver side outer tie rod which is causing the vibration I'm having from that side, also he looked at the LCA to see if it was bad & he tells me he can't really tell any noticeable damage to it but in reality he said he's not ruling it out by any means "he said w/o something to compare it to you can't really see damage" so I asked if he could check the Caster & he tried but there new equipment for the alignment doesn't mount to the rim like most shops have it mounts to the face/tire "supposively designed for lowered cars" but not in my case with there being a part the comes out by the tire not allowing the guy to turn the steering wheel.

I am however going to pick up a driver side outer tie rod this after noon & pick up a used lca & hope it helps (I do know the vibration will go away when I replace the tie rod end) but I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that with the replacement of the lca that my tire will be back center & then proceed with ordering new suspension, slapping it on & getting an alignment!

What you guys think???? Still a bad lca or caster being out so bad to cause it to push the rim/tire back towards the inner fender wall????

green91
09-17-2012, 04:58 PM
Ok the only thing on this car that will cause the caster to be out is the lower control arm. it controls the forward/rear position of the suspension assembly.

jdm_eg8
09-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Ok the only thing on this car that will cause the caster to be out is the lower control arm. it controls the forward/rear position of the suspension assembly.

Okay cool, what I needed to know, picking up a lca hopefuly today or tomorrow

green91
09-17-2012, 05:16 PM
I mean its possible if the shock tower or subframe was bent it could affect caster too. But it would have taken a hell of a wreck to bend those. Id definitely do the LCA first.

D3UC3S
09-17-2012, 05:57 PM
X2 it would have to been like jumped off a ramp to do that to the subframe.

jdm_eg8
09-17-2012, 08:17 PM
X2 it would have to been like jumped off a ramp to do that to the subframe.

I figured that, lmfao

slimx554
09-18-2012, 08:43 PM
I know it sounds crazy but I had a strut top nut break off on my maxima a few years ago. It released the spring tension so rapidly that it ripped the welds on the strut tower. Bent and damaged several parts but didnt deploy airbags. So dont rule out bent subframe and core suspension mounting areas. I personally dont trust Kauffman because I have seen them do shotty work. Take it to GranTurismo in Chamblee.

jdm_eg8
09-18-2012, 11:39 PM
Problem Fixed, bent lca & replaced already, thanks IA