PDA

View Full Version : Switched bike from Rotella t6 to Amsoil

Sinfix_15
09-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Changed oil in bike today @ 2200 miles and took sample for an oil analysis, however.... i doubt i'm even going to waste the money to compare the two because switching to amsoil was an instant and obvious difference. Previously used rotella t6 since it's a cheap synthetic that tests well and is highly regarded with cycles, plus..... it's a honda, you can fill a honda with old fish grease and it'll be ok.

@ 2200 miles on an oil change, 75% highway and in a less than two month time span, the rotella was black as coal. Not surprised by that, you're not suppose to get long intervals on rotella, it wore out when it was suppose to wear out. The rotella performed within expectations, bike ran good, stayed right at temperature, and had a small amount of shifter clunk, mostly on down shifting. It was nothing beyond the realm of expectation though.

Switched to Amsoil yesterday and didnt really ride the bike until today. About 10 minutes from my house, my reaction was "omg". The difference is night and day. Everything smoother, idles better, low rpm is better, shifting is silent and silky smooth. unbelievable difference. Especially since the change was from a good oil to begin with. Even as someone who already recognizes that oils are not created equal, i didnt expect this dramatic of a difference between oils. Based on the clutch benefit alone, i'm gonna stick with amsoil. The rotella was "good enough", but amsoil difference is amazing.

Amsoil is the best. I already knew it, but this reconfirmed it.

Yamalube, silkolene, repsol, royal purple, motul.... fuck those oils.

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/images/mcf900px.jpg

dc5-rsx
09-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Took you long enough. Amsoil is the shit. Used it on my CBR. Everything felt on point when I switched to the good stuff.

Sent From My Omega Red Galaxy S2

Sinfix_15
09-07-2012, 08:29 PM
Took you long enough. Amsoil is the shit. Used it on my CBR. Everything felt on point when I switched to the good stuff.

Sent From My Omega Red Galaxy S2

yeah, i knew better.... was just being cheap with the old honda. felt like blowing some money and filled it with amsoil this time, bike let me know that she liked it.

On Harley, went from HD to Mobil to Amsoil to royal purple for the sake of testing results. Mobil was an improvement over HD, Amsoil a noticeable improvement over mobil and royal purple has a big time shifter clunk, was probably the worst of the 4 in terms of feel and sound.

Just gonna come off the wallet and use amsoil in everything now, its worth the money.

clumsy_smurf
09-21-2012, 10:28 PM
question: im running just normal honda 10w 40 for bikes from porzios in columbus, would it be safe to just switch to amsoil? ive been wanting to for a while now.

Sinfix_15
09-21-2012, 11:26 PM
question: im running just normal honda 10w 40 for bikes from porzios in columbus, would it be safe to just switch to amsoil? ive been wanting to for a while now.

Yeah it's safe, the stories about oil switches being bad are a myth.

clumsy_smurf
09-21-2012, 11:34 PM
ight awesome! ill be doing the switch next weekend.

Sinfix_15
09-21-2012, 11:53 PM
ight awesome! ill be doing the switch next weekend.

enjoy the silky smooth shifting!

clumsy_smurf
09-22-2012, 11:44 PM
i hope lol.

Matt300ZXT
09-23-2012, 12:21 AM
I run Amsoil Signature Series 10w30 and an Amsoil filter in my 300ZX Twin Turbo. Costs me $70 and some change for 4 quarts and the filter but I've seen nothing but spectacular reviews on the product, so that's what I run, and have been for about a year.

BLK JDM
09-29-2012, 07:55 AM
Amsoil is definitely one of the best but I wouldn't just say the rest are crap. Silkolene full synthetic and Motul 300V are EXCEPTIONAL oils and you'd probably have the same reaction you're having with the Amsoil.

clumsy_smurf
09-29-2012, 09:28 AM
I run Amsoil Signature Series 10w30 and an Amsoil filter in my 300ZX Twin Turbo. Costs me $70 and some change for 4 quarts and the filter but I've seen nothing but spectacular reviews on the product, so that's what I run, and have been for about a year.

cars and bikes operate completely different with different oils.

Sinfix_15
09-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Amsoil is definitely one of the best but I wouldn't just say the rest are crap. Silkolene full synthetic and Motul 300V are EXCEPTIONAL oils and you'd probably have the same reaction you're having with the Amsoil.

Those are exceptionally expensive oils, but no... they test pretty shitty across the board. The rest are not crap...... but amsoil does a pretty good job of making them look like crap.

HatchHero
09-29-2012, 10:57 PM
nice write up. i got a 05 cbr 1000rr f/blade and it burns oil. no surprise there. LOL. I use t6 and luv it. I would go to amsoil, but my bike burns oil so...should i switch or stay with t6 due to me always topping off my bike when it burns. how much is quart of amsoil 10w40 anyway.

Sinfix_15
09-29-2012, 11:43 PM
you could try amsoil 20/50 and see if it burns that.... but you're probably best just sticking with t6. Amsoil is about $12 a quart

BLK JDM
09-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Those are exceptionally expensive oils, but no... they test pretty shitty across the board. The rest are not crap...... but amsoil does a pretty good job of making them look like crap.

Where's your data for this other than biased tests developed through Amsoil? I'm not saying Amsoil is not GREAT or maybe even the best. But when you make a statement like that PLEASE back it up with concrete evidence just not hearsay.