PDA

View Full Version : Doing this again #gettingoldcantstopme

Mmmm_Bacon
09-04-2012, 09:14 PM
So I took a break about 2 years ago from building anything, I was in the process of building a k20 hatch, that is actually for sale on here or was, but lost interested when the motor had problems at crank up. Since I have just been driving a gas hogger truck, and not really following anything on the car scene. I dont know if anyone even remembers me, but I picked up a little CRX (One to tinker with, and 2 to save gas) oh well here is one shot, I might update this every few weeks lol

quickdodgeŽ
09-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Awesome looking little car. Hope it stays that way.

Mmmm_Bacon
09-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Its not going to change much, besides raised up some, more comfortable seats, and some other wheels (these are a friends). When you get older comfortable > stance.

quickdodgeŽ
09-04-2012, 10:01 PM
I wouldn't raise it, lolol. Wheel change? Yeah probably. Does that ride rough?

My Civic is sitting cut ass springs and rides a bit rough, but my old ass can stand it for a bit and I'm quite a bit older than you, lolol.

Mmmm_Bacon
09-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Ebay cool overs all the way down on the front with blown shocks, there is no travel what so ever the strut is bottomed out, no sleeves on the rear just riding on straight spring... Yeah its rough lol. I drive about an hour everyday on the interstate for work so I can't be having that lol I'm going to get some new struts, and extended top hats so it will keep it from bottoming out

cactusEG
09-05-2012, 04:53 PM
#ILikeTheTruck

Mmmm_Bacon
09-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Yeah thats my current daily/gashawg

JEY$JDM
09-05-2012, 05:52 PM
I like it! Miss my rexxxy on the meshies lol

Mmmm_Bacon
09-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Not much of an update, waiting on parts to start rolling in this week, had some maintenance things to work out and finally got it running decent. Wheels, misc interior pieces, suspension, and more should all come in monday/tuesday.

and yes I made a tween collage because I dont feel like using photo bucket anymore, nor do I feel like attaching 6 pictures to a post.

Mmmm_Bacon
09-13-2012, 01:34 AM
Here it is with the new wheels... also installed new shocks, extended top hats, front and rear brakes (also found out I gotta do the tie rods and ball joints) Ive done alot on the interior just not quite done yet. I think this is going to be a great daily!

D3UC3S
09-13-2012, 01:40 AM
Love the white wheels! Good choice.

silverDA
09-13-2012, 03:16 PM
i have a few rare parts for ef,pm if interested..are those konigs?

BenjaminJunu
09-16-2012, 02:39 AM
I'm jealous... I have been looking for a crx that hasn't been ruined for the longest time! It looks like you're making good progress and i hope you're keeping that car stock! looks good.

quickdodgeŽ
09-16-2012, 07:50 AM
Love the white wheels! Good choice.

I'm actually going to have to agree here. I think this flows well for me because the car is nice and clean. What else is there to do to this car?

Nothing.

CSquared
09-16-2012, 07:55 AM
I'm actually going to have to agree here. I think this flows well for me because the car is nice and clean. What else is there to do to this car?

Nothing.

You liking colored/aftermarket wheels? I think the internet just broke.

quickdodgeŽ
09-16-2012, 08:28 AM
You liking colored/aftermarket wheels? I think the internet just broke.

I like after market wheels. Just most of the time, I don't like them painted. I especially don't like stock wheels painted. But for some reason, this set up looks good. Almost.............natural or something.

JEY$JDM
09-16-2012, 09:10 AM
fasho.. rex is lookin good

Mmmm_Bacon
09-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Trying to find a new stock exhaust, the factory muffler is broken off, so I need to find a rear section. I can get an aftermarket OEM bolt on from oreillys for like 75 bucks... Other than that I just need to do some general maintenance ,Have to replace the inner and outer tie rod ends next, and that should be about it. Just going to drive it until the motor blows lol then I may put a stock b16/b16 trans w/ls 5th in it... but I mainly bought this car to commute from Rome to Kennesaw in for work, I just like it to look good.

And thanks QD, Im still not set on the wheels, but I hate the low offset fad that has spread, My style is clean and simple.

quickdodgeŽ
09-16-2012, 07:44 PM
My style is clean and simple.

That's why it looks so good.

Catnip
09-16-2012, 10:19 PM
Get that passenger door adjusted up!!

Love a white CRX.

Boosting EG
09-17-2012, 08:46 AM
nice car

Mmmm_Bacon
09-17-2012, 11:58 AM
the doors aligned just the molding is smushed... gotta find a 88 door molding

Mmmm_Bacon
09-27-2012, 04:28 PM
Just for humor for myself.

EG_Ryder
10-01-2012, 05:19 AM
Aaaaaaaand ruined. lol

Mmmm_Bacon
10-01-2012, 05:50 PM
lol because a funny sticker? negative ghost rider its still the same car.

Mmmm_Bacon
12-23-2012, 09:01 PM
Ok... well update... kinda...

So since buying this car in August, putting the wheels on, cleaning it up, I have yet to drive it more than 3 miles since. It has just been sitting in my garage. I have gotten to accustom to the quiet, smooth, easy driving of my truck, which thus, absolutely made the concept of me buying this car (to save on gas) retarded. SO I met myself in the middle, and bought a D.D. car, that was smooth quiet and more efficient than my truck, thus bringing myself to deciding to throw myself back in the Honda game, for fun, and well purely because I don't have any other hobbies right now besides work, sleep and xbox. Here are some of the cars I have built in my previous 10 years for anyone who has forgot me.

The SI's are 2 diff. blue SI's I put together.

Mmmm_Bacon
12-23-2012, 09:04 PM
the k swap car I sold before I got done with it, that was the last car I really did a ground up build, but had alot of things going on in that time of my life to continue, I think it popped up here forsale once.

Mmmm_Bacon
12-23-2012, 09:09 PM
But anyway, back to the REX... I have ordered a full bushing set, New tie rod ends inner and outer, along with the pieces to rebuild the rack and pinion, new ball joints, stainless brake lines, trying to find some rear disc (if anyone has some laying around c:) EK steering column, and trying to find a s2k wheel....

I want this car to feel and drive like it did in 1988, or atleast feel more solid than sloppy. Once I achieve that, then I will swap it. Because having a swap, in a car that cant handle is just redonkalous.