PDA

View Full Version : Wiretuck and Brake tuck

YoItsCarlie
08-25-2012, 01:50 PM
95 Civic - engine bay ready to be prepped, have yet to pull brake lines until i have made up my mind about the brake and clutch lines

what are you guys doing about your charcoal canister?
I have looked at a lot of builds and went through the pain of doing stainless lines last time. when it comes to the brake lines, has anyone thought of going braided steel with -3an fittings then to an -3an to m10 fitting for the rubber lines/prop valve/master cylinder?
What about the clutch line and hiding it?

working on prepping the bay now. pulling the plugs, lableing them, depinning them to it where i would like to run them...

Pics appreciated.

YoItsCarlie
08-25-2012, 02:03 PM
XRP -4 Male to M10 x 1.25 Male Inverted Flare - Steel - 422504 (http://www.lpiracing.com/XRP-4-Male-to-M10-x-1-25-Male-Inverted-Flare-Steel-p185631.htm)

Here is the link to the fitting i am looking at, i would need 8 of theses male to male, and to male to female for the rear steel lines.

1civic
08-25-2012, 04:39 PM
Why re-engineer something that works properly from the factory, I mean did all these engineer's do testing to see if it's safe?

Do you even know why the brake lines, etc are run the way they are?

Waste of time and money IMO!

Drummerboy
08-25-2012, 05:44 PM
I haven't got that far into my tuck, but as far as the clutch line goes, just use a SS braided line ran through the firewall. Or even go around the fender well and through the front end to the slave cylinder.

YoItsCarlie
08-28-2012, 02:25 PM
Why re-engineer something that works properly from the factory, I mean did all these engineer's do testing to see if it's safe?

Do you even know why the brake lines, etc are run the way they are?

Waste of time and money IMO!

your over opinionated and a troll. meet me in person and we will discuss further.

YoItsCarlie
08-28-2012, 02:26 PM
I haven't got that far into my tuck, but as far as the clutch line goes, just use a SS braided line ran through the firewall. Or even go around the fender well and through the front end to the slave cylinder.

i was discussing the price i would have if it were to do al braided, and it comes to 210. a kid on hondatech linked to chase bays for 400. wow. big difference. ill end up running the clutch line through the passenger hole for the wire tuck and through the fender. seems the best option for now.

1civic
08-28-2012, 03:22 PM
your over opinionated and a troll. meet me in person and we will discuss further.

Answer the fucking question prick!!

Do you even understand why the engineers make the brake lines look the way they do?

1civic
08-28-2012, 03:43 PM
Your OP has "FAILURE" written all over it!

No need to carry on.. SMH!

Later!!

B18c1Turboed
08-28-2012, 03:45 PM
I ran all new Ss brake lines to all 4 brake pedals.I wanted to remove my abs so was easier doing new lines. For clutch line I ran a 3an from master cylinder and thru frame rail and put a 3an fitting on frame rail and made another line from frame rail to clutch. Wa alot of work but cheap since I have like 1500 feet of 3an that was given to me for free. :)

YoItsCarlie
08-29-2012, 10:56 AM
Your OP has "FAILURE" written all over it!

No need to carry on.. SMH!

Later!!

THE REASON BRAKE LINES A RAN THE WAY THEY ARE IS TO PROMOTE THE FASTEST MANUFACTURING PROCESS.

in the hydraulic world, as long as rigidity is not sacrificed and flow does not cause capitations, then it is more than acceptable to run the lines in any fashion as to not cause or receive interference from other components.

your lines must then sustain the amount of pressure applied.

care forme to elaborate on pressure and flow dynamics?

carried on.... troll.

YoItsCarlie
08-29-2012, 10:59 AM
i have ran ss in the past, but im not up for bending, flaring, and fighting with interference from other components under the dash. did you use concave m10 fittings to 3an lines? i believe the ones i posted earlier are convex.

B18c1Turboed
08-29-2012, 11:14 AM
M10x1.25 to 3an. I belive it's 1.25 or 1.50 I forget it's been so long

1civic
08-29-2012, 11:23 AM
THE REASON BRAKE LINES A RAN THE WAY THEY ARE IS TO PROMOTE THE FASTEST MANUFACTURING PROCESS.

in the hydraulic world, as long as rigidity is not sacrificed and flow does not cause capitations, then it is more than acceptable to run the lines in any fashion as to not cause or receive interference from other components.

your lines must then sustain the amount of pressure applied.

care forme to elaborate on pressure and flow dynamics?

carried on.... troll.

You make it easy for me to insult you...LOL, keep posting!

I was asking you to educate me on the pressure and flow dynamics, but you only stated that the pressure should be equal.. Would you care to correct that statement?

1civic
08-29-2012, 11:28 AM
People need to understand that you can't just replace, and move some lines.. So enlighten us on the steps to do a correct tuck without have a brake failure, and this time don't quote off the internet!

B18c1Turboed
08-29-2012, 12:00 PM
No offense man. I have done it to 3 of my cars and never has a stopping problem. How much more clear does it need to be? It never affected my stopping. And trust me at 700hp + I need all the stopping power I can have. As long as you have a proportion valve the brake fluid will get divided how it need to be. It's not rocket science or as difficult as you wanna make it.

1civic
08-29-2012, 12:09 PM
No offense man. I have done it to 3 of my cars and never has a stopping problem. How much more clear does it need to be? It never affected my stopping. And trust me at 700hp + I need all the stopping power I can have. As long as you have a proportion valve the brake fluid will get divided how it need to be. It's not rocket science or as difficult as you wanna make it.

Maybe you had enough sense to install the oem proportioning valve inside the car, maybe you even took the time to measure the lines.. But I'm pretty sure Honda engineers know more than you or him.. ;)

IMO is makes no sense, he wants form, not function!! Thats my point, FUCK FORM, i like function!!

Echonova
08-29-2012, 12:17 PM
IMO is makes no sense, he wants form, not function!! Thats my point, FUCK FORM, i like function!!So this thread is about what you like?

B18c1Turboed
08-29-2012, 12:21 PM
Hell no I didnt measure no lines. Brake work by pressure not on the amount of oil it can hold in the line. Look at it like this.the brakes work when u apply the pedal which pushes the oil into the caliper to close. Why does it matter how much fluid is in the line when it's pushing the same amount of presure?

1civic
08-29-2012, 01:26 PM
So this thread is about what you like?

No, but I can post my opinion just like you can post your smart-ass comments!

1civic
08-29-2012, 01:31 PM
Hell no I didnt measure no lines. Brake work by pressure not on the amount of oil it can hold in the line. Look at it like this.the brakes work when u apply the pedal which pushes the oil into the caliper to close. Why does it matter how much fluid is in the line when it's pushing the same amount of presure?

But see you are not understanding how the Honda brake system works then.. Honda works Diagonally, not front to rear, like you would think.. The lines where designed that way for a reason!

I'm no engineer, and I could careless about whats on your race car!!

1civic
08-29-2012, 01:33 PM
Now, your simple setups may work... BUT will they perform as well or better then the OEM design??

EDIT:

I will add that it's not as simple as you make it out to be, to much height, to much of a bend, etc will effect the system, not to mention if the lines are not mounted correctly then they can break!

The length may not play a big role, but the proportioning, and the pressure in the line does play a factor...

Echonova
08-29-2012, 02:06 PM
No, but I can post my opinion just like you can post your smart-ass comments!Wow, you sure put me in my place!!!

1civic
08-29-2012, 02:21 PM
Wow, you sure put me in my place!!!

As you did me.. Good Job!!

B18c1Turboed
08-29-2012, 02:45 PM
I have done the same setup in my street cars and brakes perfectly. I guess it's easy to sit behind a computer and think it won't work. But I'm telling you 100% it will work. If you use the oem proportion valve it's will work like stock. I think your over complicating something that is so easy and proven to work!

1civic
08-29-2012, 02:56 PM
I have done the same setup in my street cars and brakes perfectly. I guess it's easy to sit behind a computer and think it won't work. But I'm telling you 100% it will work. If you use the oem proportion valve it's will work like stock. I think your over complicating something that is so easy and proven to work!

Has nothing to do with sitting behind a computer and questioning.. It has to do with the safety, and reliability of the brake system!!

1civic
08-29-2012, 03:12 PM
If you trust the products, and you feel everything is mounted and run properly, then so be it.. Maybe you did it right, and you have the correct volume, the correct purporting, etc.. Do you really think it will last 20+ years trouble free like an OEM setup? Be realistic!!

B18c1Turboed
08-29-2012, 03:17 PM
Have you ever tried upgrading your lines? Mine ate reliable and I would do a stop test again any of your cars to prove a point. Its not rocket science man. Shoot even with my drag car I removed the proportion valve and have front brake lines going directly to calipers and I haver had a single people stopping at end of the track. So even tough some of your points might be valid they are mute since I can prove it works!

B18c1Turboed
08-29-2012, 03:35 PM
For wire tuck questions look here:

♠ Shaved, Tucked, Customized Engine Bays - Pics, Theory, Discussion ♠ - Honda-Tech (http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1693934)

1civic
08-29-2012, 03:35 PM
But in 20yrs can you prove it works?

I have ran countless brake lines in my time, A drag car is not a street car, so void that statement..

This argument was not towards you, but it seems you involved your-self so I will continue to stress that function, and reliability is my key point..

p.s

My point is for the Noobs who wanna jump on the bandwagon, they need to understand that you can't mis and match shit.. You can't cut corners, it must been done correctly in order for everything to work properly!!

B18c1Turboed
08-29-2012, 03:50 PM
I have said numerous of times I have done a setup In a street and drag cars. It's not that I'm trying to make this about me I'm just trying to stop your from put false info out there. 1st reliable I would bet money mine will last 20+ years. It's all in the material that you use. I have seen plenty of Honda line breck so with all Honda engineer why does it still happen? To each there own I guess. But real talk who's really going to own a Honda for 20 years?

I ran goodridge brake lines for all my brakes. I guarntee you they will last linger then metal lines.that eventually will rust and crack

1civic
08-29-2012, 03:54 PM
Now your trying to sell something.. Your ability and the next guys are not the same..

If you wanna educate people then make a "How To" thread so people can understand what it takes to be done properly!!

Don't make it you vs me.. SMH!!

B18c1Turboed
08-29-2012, 03:58 PM
I'm not trying to sell anything. Shoot I hate working on cars now. I posted a link to Honda-tech (above) if they can understand what people are doing then they don't need to be doing it anyways. I'm not making this a me vs you I'm just pointing out what does and is proven to work.

1civic
08-29-2012, 04:04 PM
I'm not trying to sell anything. Shoot I hate working on cars now. I posted a link to Honda-tech (above) if they can understand what people are doing then they don't need to be doing it anyways. I'm not making this a me vs you I'm just pointing out what does and is proven to work.

Proven for you, but not everyone needs to jump into wiring, and brake tucks.. If you have a way that works then cool, I know how it works, but I'm not going to tell some young kid that its easy..

People need to research what works, look for "how to" threads, etc.. I'm pretty sure you have seen the crap that people have done!

YoItsCarlie
08-30-2012, 10:47 AM
the question was on if there were any downfalls, not on whether i was going to go through with the tuck. it will be proper. and in your ASSumptions being a troll that you are, you asspumed that i would not reinstal the prop valve.

now your arguing "leave it alone"

As far as the honda tech link, i have contributed to it with some fashioned parts that i made, as well as brackets and location, but now im questioning a faster ad more feasible way for anyonbe to do it without spending 400 on the chase bays kit. i believe i will be relocating the prop valve to the area dedicated to the windshield wipers, but not definate as i have not had time to measure and dissassemble to that point.

Then you assume on my capabilities, about not jumping into a tuck of any sort. ill take your opinion for nothing, as i have had a great distaste for your travelings on the interweb. you wont get buthurt here, show up in person and have this discussion. im off fulton industrial right now. 6785683113..... not too far from douglasville.

Elbow
08-30-2012, 11:48 AM
the question was on if there were any downfalls, not on whether i was going to go through with the tuck. it will be proper. and in your ASSumptions being a troll that you are, you asspumed that i would not reinstal the prop valve.

As far as the honda tech link, i have contributed to it with some fashioned parts that i made, as well as brackets and location, but now im questioning a faster ad more feasible way for anyonbe to do it without spending 400 on the chase bays kit. i believe i will be relocating the prop valve to the area dedicated to the windshield wipers, but not definate as i have not had time to measure and dissassemble to that point.

Then you assume on my capabilities, about not jumping into a tuck of any sort. ill take your opinion for nothing, as i have had a great distaste for your travelings on the interweb. you wont get buthurt here, show up in person and have this discussion. im off fulton industrial right now. 6785683113..... not too far from douglasville.

Thug life.

oreign
08-30-2012, 01:12 PM
I'm no engineer

then shut the fuck up.

impacted for you.

xero_xero
08-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Yoitscarlie is a mechanical engineer and machinist for a firearms manufacturer.

1civic
08-31-2012, 11:07 PM

Not that I care to know who you are, or where you work, SMH, And then you follow 1civic in the KillsForum? Cool Story Bro!!

1civic
08-31-2012, 11:17 PM
95 Civic - engine bay ready to be prepped, have yet to pull brake lines until i have made up my mind about the brake and clutch lines

what are you guys doing about your charcoal canister?
I have looked at a lot of builds and went through the pain of doing stainless lines last time. when it comes to the brake lines, has anyone thought of going braided steel with -3an fittings then to an -3an to m10 fitting for the rubber lines/prop valve/master cylinder?
What about the clutch line and hiding it?

working on prepping the bay now. pulling the plugs, lableing them, depinning them to it where i would like to run them...

Pics appreciated.

You posted this not me... Are you not asking for help? But yet you know the answers, then you get butt hurt because of my response?

My advice would be not to post on the forums asking for help, but then later claim to have the answers! SMH...

Later!!!

Echonova
08-31-2012, 11:46 PM
One day, I will be as big of a douchebag as 1civic. Gonna take time to work myself up to that level, but Imma try.

First order of business is to drive to a spot in the middle of nowhere and film myself 30 minutes after calling someone out @ 2:35am and them not showing up even though it would be a 1 hour drive on a good day and say how I'm waiting on their pussy ass to show up.

Stage II to follow.

YoItsCarlie
09-02-2012, 05:30 PM
show up anywhere around me. the only butthurt is1civics life.

the quesrion was not for advice. pressure rating for dot approved lines is 5kpsi and the whip test. chasebays advertises 9kpsi but no dot approval.

i asked if anyome thought of braided steel. not how to do it. i also asked what they were doing about tue clutch line expecting a different approach then snaking it around the intake over the trans.

as for the final approach for the lines, im staying with the original idea of braided steel. i need mo more imput from 1civic as your exeriance and maturity level rovals a 10 year old. go troll 4chan as hat demographic matches how you act.

1civic
09-02-2012, 05:55 PM
show up anywhere around me. the only butthurt is1civics life.

the quesrion was not for advice. pressure rating for dot approved lines is 5kpsi and the whip test. chasebays advertises 9kpsi but no dot approval.

i asked if anyome thought of braided steel. not how to do it. i also asked what they were doing about tue clutch line expecting a different approach then snaking it around the intake over the trans.

as for the final approach for the lines, im staying with the original idea of braided steel. i need mo more imput from 1civic as your exeriance and maturity level rovals a 10 year old. go troll 4chan as hat demographic matches how you act.

Don't change around what your questions ask... You wanted pics, and info.. Go figure it out smart guy!!

Later!

1civic
09-02-2012, 06:17 PM
And what's with all the threats of violence on this forum, I've had 2 mods, and 2 users make threats towards me and my family..

What is wrong with you people, If you can't handle what is said on the internet then find a new hobby. Don't make threats because you can't come up with something in response to my post.. That only shows that you or them need to grow up!!

Munky
09-02-2012, 06:26 PM
One day, I will be as big of a douchebag as 1civic. Gonna take time to work myself up to that level, but Imma try.

First order of business is to drive to a spot in the middle of nowhere and film myself 30 minutes after calling someone out @ 2:35am and them not showing up even though it would be a 1 hour drive on a good day and say how I'm waiting on their pussy ass to show up.

Stage II to follow.

This made me giggle.

Munky
09-02-2012, 06:30 PM
And what does OE engineers have anything to do with this, you aren't one nor know what exactly they used to judge all the variables and reasons behind their set up. but if a company like ChaseBays can come up with a tucking kit then why cant anyone else who knows about hydraulics and engineering do the same. But hey what do i know as a engineering student. let the guy ask his questions and get at least a half-assed response that makes sense instead of trolling and threadjacking