PDA

View Full Version : 99 civic si- going to dona swap either a b18c5 or a k series - looking for info

jjracing
08-21-2012, 10:43 PM
I have a 99 civic si , I just love the 96-00 body style ESP the 99-00 front end and I am most fond of the hatchbacks but when I found the blue si i have now in such great condition I coukd not let it pass by.
Anyways I am a consultant and this is my daily driver, I haven't done any mods to the car yet besides headlights and upgraded the sound system. I spend a good bit of time driving from client to client.
Anyways I had originally planned on going with the itr swap, to kinda stay pure to the model with the b18c5 with LSD, but since I have last researched this topic the price of a k series swap has dropped considerably since I was planning a swap in a hatch I had until a drunk driver hit me head on at a traffic light totaling it out.
Anyways I was looking for opinions on
Midnight Atlanta or mahdavi motorsports.
I'm really looking for a place I can pull in and get the engine and them install it at the same shop.
I've had friends order swaps then go to get it installed and run into problems and each shop blamed the other.
Also what kind of price would u guys say is fair for each swap
The b18 and the k,
I know the k is going to be more.
I just spend so much time in this car I want it just how I like it,
I will be doing other upgrades like seating etc,
But am going with engine and suspension now.
I am not looking to put it in a magazine or drop a fortune on it but I want a nice swap that isn't real high miles and a hack job put in.
I was going b swap before bc it was about half or may be less than half of the k, but now its been done lots more and I'm thinking go with the k to get the newer engine .
I am not looking for the k24, but a k20a2 vtec engine.
So I'm looking for opinions on shops and expected price for the swaps installed or for just a good swap if u have that info,
Thx again
I'm new to this area and had heard the 2 shops I mentioned were the best or !2 of the best around

tuyen
08-22-2012, 05:49 PM
I would say k swap are expensive. I'm on that route now.
Engine n tranny- 3800.00
Mount- 500.00
Millspec chase bay harness -1200.00 my choice.
Full size radiator - 500.00
Eg or dc subframe depend power steering or not. 100.00
Shift cable I went with hybrid racing can't remember price.
Clutch line- can't remember price
Ecu- stock or kpro defend on which you prefer.
But there is more to it. Itr is a lot cheaper.
Don't want to continue listing cause I don't want to know how much I have spent already lol
Good luck

AV8ter
08-22-2012, 06:54 PM
h2b if you still have the b16 trans.

00CelicaGT
08-22-2012, 07:40 PM
Type R swap would be cheaper considering u already have a B series and can reuse a lot of items (mounts, axels, spindles/brakes, shift linkage, engine harness etc...). only thing u would need is the motor, transmission, and ECU really. u can use ur stock engine harness and convert the car to OBD1 using a jumper harness and buy a chipped P28 with a base map from Scotty at Mainstream or u could keep it OBD2 and use the stock Type R ECU. B Series will be considerably cheaper then a K series unless ur talking about putting a Built B in the car.

jjracing
08-23-2012, 05:27 PM
What would be an est on itr with LSD swap installed

Just an estimate from u guys experience

Also where do u reccomend to source swap and have it installed