PDA

View Full Version : Misc Man Sues Microsoft

Hulud
12-05-2005, 01:44 PM
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A Chicago man who bought Microsoft Corp.'s new Xbox 360 has sued the world's largest software maker, saying the new video game console has a design flaw that causes it to overheat and freeze up.
More (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051205/tc_nm/media_xbox_dc)

this is just fucking rediculous

ChnkyLao
12-05-2005, 01:45 PM
damn thats kind of fuck up

MachNU
12-05-2005, 01:51 PM
LOL of course someone is going to try that.

IanHavok
12-05-2005, 02:38 PM
Some poeple are fucking idiots. i bet this is one of those guys who's stuck in the NES mind set of, "I cant save my spot, so I am gonna leave my system on all night and day long so when i get home i can continue from where i left off". What fucking cheap asses. Buy a fucking memory card.

Hulud
12-05-2005, 02:42 PM
so they made a mistake, go fucking return the damn thing

Julio
12-05-2005, 03:38 PM
Im sure if it happened to one of you guys.. I bet yall would be pissed ass hell.

Dont know depending on how much he spend on the console sounds like he has a good point.

Hulud
12-05-2005, 03:41 PM
hell id be pissed but im not one to sue over something that dumb.
he can simply return the damn xbox

YokotaS13
12-05-2005, 09:45 PM
and get another one where?

Hulud
12-05-2005, 10:19 PM
i never said get another one, get your money back
people are way to fucking sue happy, its no wonder why we have 'insurance'

Spyder
12-05-2005, 10:27 PM
There is a good chance they KNEW these things had this problem, if they didnt.. they didnt properly test them either way you want to look at it microsoft fucked up. Im surprised there isnt a class action suit against them. Yes everyone is sue happy, but everyone that bought these thing at a premium would likely expect a functional unit. Microsoft pushed them out the door just like they do with everything and it doesnt work properly,agian just like everything they produce... there is a heat related issue. I dont know about you but a heat realated issue isnt something i would want one of my electronic devices to have, that is a quick way to lose a house. Look at the bigger picture man, class action suits and lawsuites in general are there for a reason, in this case it should happen to teach microsoft that sometimes putting out a quality product (for once) is more imortant then turning a dollar. bill gates has enough money as it is.

IanHavok
12-06-2005, 08:03 AM
so they made a mistake, go fucking return the damn thing

Werd.

DemonEyez
12-06-2005, 08:25 AM
Some poeple are fucking idiots. i bet this is one of those guys who's stuck in the NES mind set of, "I cant save my spot, so I am gonna leave my system on all night and day long so when i get home i can continue from where i left off". What fucking cheap asses. Buy a fucking memory card.

lets say you buy a car. Its a popular car. It has overheating problems, which cause it to stall out at random times daily. The car company is refusing to recall or fix this. So what do you do? Im sure you'd be pissed as hell and wanna sue the car company.

Sure a car costs alot more but its the same basic idea.

Hulud
12-06-2005, 09:16 AM
but its the idea of returning the xbox and getting your money back

Spyder
12-06-2005, 09:22 AM
Its the idea of a company that creates nothing but broken shit to start with being taught that it isnt ok to send out a machine that wasnt thouroughly test and could potentially start fires.

I think you are missing what im saying, Microsoft has been making shitty software for years, no big deal it doesnt physically hurt ones well being, building something that can catch on fire is a huge deal to me. Its like selling a toaster over that doesnt exactly work correctly, i mean they tried to get it working but if they didnt get it out on day X they would have lost huge profits by not having it there for christmas sales. so they push for it and purposely release a defective product into the market place,despite consumer saftey.

have you ever seen the ads for Dyson vaccums? in that commercial the guy says the best line ever "I just belive things should work properly" and I couldnt agree more.

DemonEyez
12-06-2005, 09:32 AM

you shouldnt be expected to do that just because microsoft didnt wanna make a good product.

If a consumer buy something, it should work. plain and simple.

now this is only a big deal because this is happening to alot of people. If it was a simple isolated problem, then yes, take it back, get it replaced.

BlueHatch
12-07-2005, 05:35 PM
some people are saying the reason microsoft only released two million is so they only had to fix two million

JustinSane110™
12-08-2005, 06:26 PM
and get another one where?
Probably through Microsoft since they're overnighting shipping boxes to people with flawed systems and then they fix or replace and get it back to you. All of the people I've heard of sending it back had a 3-4 day turnaround before they had a new or repaired system.

ChnkyLao
12-08-2005, 06:29 PM
some people are saying the reason microsoft only released two million is so they only had to fix two million

ha hah hahahahahahahahahaha that sucks

JustinSane110™
12-08-2005, 06:33 PM
ha hah hahahahahahahahahaha that sucks
Basically, hehe. But it's pretty common knowledge now that they rushed a half assed 360 to get it out for holidays. Now they're gonna have a "new, upgraded" 360 with HDMI and fix the overheating issues sometime in late spring.

PSINXS
12-08-2005, 10:59 PM
actually i dont think he's that bad. I bought an XBOX and 2 weeks after i bought it would freeze up and eventually stopped reading discs. i bought it brand new from blockbuster. i always saved to the hard drive. I thought it was shitty rentals but when i bought NFS HP2 brand new i knew it was the system. could just be an early model glitch.

PSINXS
12-08-2005, 11:02 PM
hell id be pissed but im not one to sue over something that dumb.
he can simply return the damn xbox
not that simple. i tried that. and they said that was something you have to take up with microsoft. eb games would not take a non-working xbox system for cash. i was told by them and blockbuster to get it dealt with through microsoft. a lot of places now have open package clauses too where they wont accept opened electronic items. u get fucked either way.

HiPSI
12-09-2005, 09:12 AM
the suit all depends on what he's trying to sue for. if he's asking for anything over the replacement cost of the system then i think it's stupid. if you buy something and it doesn't work, you return/exchange it. if the next unit doesn't work, return and get a refund. easy as pie.

and nick, i know you're more electronics savvy than i am, but "overheating" is a pretty generic term. it doesn't necessarily mean that the thing's getting hot enough to ignite anything, it may just mean they use crappy chipsets and such that crap out over 90* or something. there aren't enough specifics in the article for me to justify anything more than returning the system and waiting for a PS3 ;).

EJ25RUN
12-09-2005, 12:13 PM
here is what ign says

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/673/673686p1.html

Spyder
12-09-2005, 12:48 PM
the suit all depends on what he's trying to sue for. if he's asking for anything over the replacement cost of the system then i think it's stupid. if you buy something and it doesn't work, you return/exchange it. if the next unit doesn't work, return and get a refund. easy as pie.

and nick, i know you're more electronics savvy than i am, but "overheating" is a pretty generic term. it doesn't necessarily mean that the thing's getting hot enough to ignite anything, it may just mean they use crappy chipsets and such that crap out over 90* or something. there aren't enough specifics in the article for me to justify anything more than returning the system and waiting for a PS3 ;).

Over heating is over heating, you are correct it may not ever actually ignite, maybe in their testing they just made sure it didnt catch on fire, not that it actually worked properly lol. The problem with over heating electronics is depending on what actally over heats it can cause larger problems later.. say its the power supply over heating (likely the largest source of heat) and the protection system shuts it down everytime it reaches a certain threshold. that is all fine and dandy.. but thermal protection does one of a few things, (it works much like a thermostate in this manor) one day it wil either get stuck open or closed... an open circut would mean it just never powers up no big deal. a closed circut means it doest work any more and just keeps power to whatever. no more protection means it WILL catch on fire.

Asa rule, heat and electronics arent friends.. sending something out to make a profit that could be potentially dangerous is just bad business.

dwnsthGABOY
01-06-2006, 06:20 PM
Its the idea of a company that creates nothing but broken shit to start with being taught that it isnt ok to send out a machine that wasnt thouroughly test and could potentially start fires.

I think you are missing what im saying, Microsoft has been making shitty software for years, no big deal it doesnt physically hurt ones well being, building something that can catch on fire is a huge deal to me. Its like selling a toaster over that doesnt exactly work correctly, i mean they tried to get it working but if they didnt get it out on day X they would have lost huge profits by not having it there for christmas sales. so they push for it and purposely release a defective product into the market place,despite consumer saftey.

have you ever seen the ads for Dyson vaccums? in that commercial the guy says the best line ever "I just belive things should work properly" and I couldnt agree more.

exactly you took the words right out of my mouth.