PDA

View Full Version : Georgia High Schools told they are TOO WHITE to perform.....................

Vteckidd
08-17-2012, 03:05 PM
Georgia high school choruses reportedly not diverse enough to perform with Atlanta orchestra | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/17/georgia-high-school-choruses-reportedly-not-diverse-enough-to-perform-with/)

This was first a story on WSBTV but now it is getting national attention. Reading the article, it sounds like the 2 highschools Walton and Lassiter are being told they cannot perform with the Atlanta Orchestra because they arent "diverse enough"???

Simple Question:
What if black people (or other minorities) dont want to be in High School Choir????? Should the kids that want to be there be penalized? It doesnt make any sense to me. Its not like they are excluding black people or latinos from joining.

Should basketball teams be prohibited from competition because there arent any white people on their team lol?

WhiteAccord
08-17-2012, 03:16 PM
Georgia high school choruses reportedly not diverse enough to perform with Atlanta orchestra | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/17/georgia-high-school-choruses-reportedly-not-diverse-enough-to-perform-with/)

This was first a story on WSBTV but now it is getting national attention. Reading the article, it sounds like the 2 highschools Walton and Lassiter are being told they cannot perform with the Atlanta Orchestra because they arent "diverse enough"???

Simple Question:
What if black people (or other minorities) dont want to be in High School Choir????? Should the kids that want to be there be penalized? It doesnt make any sense to me. Its not like they are excluding black people or latinos from joining.

Should basketball teams be prohibited from competition because there arent any white people on their team lol?

I was reading your post and this was the first thing that popped into my head...

.blank cd
08-17-2012, 03:29 PM
I'll tell you why they're not diverse enough, black people don't live in those districts. Those are rich neighborhoods. I lived on the edge of the Sprayberry/Lassiter district. All the black kids went to Sprayberry.

Vteckidd
08-17-2012, 03:51 PM
I'll tell you why they're not diverse enough, black people don't live in those districts. Those are rich neighborhoods. I lived on the edge of the Sprayberry/Lassiter district. All the black kids went to Sprayberry.

ALL the basketball team from Walton go to my gym, i can name 12 kids who are on the basketball JV/Varsity team, 1 is white.

Walton (the way the adults talk about it) is the more "black school" from what i hear. But arent they both in East Cobb?

Dude theres a TON of rich black guys that come into my LA FITNESS, I dont know if its really skewed one way or the other. SO kids should be penalized because their parents are white and successful? That doesnt make any sense.

This guy sounds like a complete elitist.

Vteckidd
08-17-2012, 03:55 PM
EDIT: youre right blank, not many black kids. Its also a charter school.

The ethnic composition of the school is approximately 79% white, 15% Asian, 4% black, and 2% Hispanic.[9] The average income in the area is over $140,000.[3

BanginJimmy
08-17-2012, 04:37 PM
apparently the Mayor of Chicago (Obama's former Chief of Staff) thought his detail was also too white.

Ex-Daley security officers sue over transfers - chicagotribune.com (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-shakman-violation-lawsuit-20120816,0,4857883.story)

Sinfix_15
08-17-2012, 04:40 PM
Nothing to see here, turn your head, look away and continue to be apologetic to black people. Poor poor black people, everyone tryin to hold the black man down. Glad to see that someone had the balls to step up and put those little white devils in their place. Justice was served today, now that those little white kids didnt get to participate, they'll go out and recruit more black people to live in their neighborhoods. That's what they get for not having black neighbors.

nelson9995
08-17-2012, 05:43 PM
lol. I don't agree with it but love to see some of you get butthurt over it. lol

Sinfix_15
08-17-2012, 05:59 PM
lol. I don't agree with it but love to see some of you get butthurt over it. lol

If this were a basketball team being told they were too black to compete in some tournament, the entire NAACP would be on CNN bitching about it.

ahabion
08-17-2012, 10:55 PM
Must be nice to be black. No expectations and there is always a convenient excuse for everything. That's actually their downfall. Even in the face of destruction, it's more about being black than to be free. Where independent thinking labels them as Uncle Toms instead of singing the same woes of the majority black community. Sad to see their own community oppress their own people. I can almost relate.

Potter
08-17-2012, 11:41 PM
I think its funny how there are HBCU's but if someone created a historically white college or created a white entertainment television channel then it would be wrong.

Sinfix_15
08-20-2012, 10:25 AM
Must be nice to be black. No expectations and there is always a convenient excuse for everything. That's actually their downfall. Even in the face of destruction, it's more about being black than to be free. Where independent thinking labels them as Uncle Toms instead of singing the same woes of the majority black community. Sad to see their own community oppress their own people.[/B] I can almost relate.

bingo

Sinfix_15
08-20-2012, 11:06 AM
I think its funny how there are HBCU's but if someone created a historically white college or created a white entertainment television channel then it would be wrong.

Typical black response - "every college is a white college, every tv station is white entertainment"

Vteckidd
08-20-2012, 11:30 AM
I could see if there were say 100 white people trying out for Soprano and 5 black kids because of demographics. Simple math would make you assume that the odds of the black child being picked up as the Soprano would be exceedingly difficult based on percentages.

But im also of the opinion that regardless of skin color you choose the best "candidate".

Sinfix_15
08-20-2012, 11:32 AM
I could see if there were say 100 white people trying out for Soprano and 5 black kids because of demographics. Simple math would make you assume that the odds of the black child being picked up as the Soprano would be exceedingly difficult based on percentages.

But im also of the opinion that regardless of skin color you choose the best "candidate".

black people would never accept that they were not the best candidate. If they were not selected, it would be because theyre black. Much like any other time in life that they come up short.

dc5-rsx
08-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Nothing to see here, turn your head, look away and continue to be apologetic to black people. Poor poor black people, everyone tryin to hold the black man down. Glad to see that someone had the balls to step up and put those little white devils in their place. Justice was served today, now that those little white kids didnt get to participate, they'll go out and recruit more black people to live in their neighborhoods. That's what they get for not having black neighbors.

Just curious. But do you run around wearing a white robe and burning crosses on black people's lawn?

Sent From My Omega Red Galaxy S2

Potter
08-20-2012, 03:12 PM
Just curious. But do you run around wearing a white robe and burning crosses on black people's lawn?

Im pretty sure he's black lol

bu villain
08-20-2012, 03:18 PM
People on this forum really seem to be worried about every case of "reverse racism". Racism exists in all forms but do we really need a thread for every occurance we hear about. I don't know, I just can't get myself to care that much about who gets to sing with some choir. I wouldn't care anymore if they said an all black choir couldn't perform either. Just seems like we got bigger fish to fry. Sorry if that comes off callous.

Vteckidd
08-20-2012, 03:56 PM
People on this forum really seem to be worried about every case of "reverse racism". Racism exists in all forms but do we really need a thread for every occurance we hear about. I don't know, I just can't get myself to care that much about who gets to sing with some choir. I wouldn't care anymore if they said an all black choir couldn't perform either. Just seems like we got bigger fish to fry. Sorry if that comes off callous.

I dont believe in reverse racism. I believe in RACISM. Since when did Racism only become a "black" connotation?

I dont think kids who want to be in a school program should be penalized because their nieghbors arent black or hispanic. thats bullshit.

eraser4g63
08-20-2012, 05:40 PM
I have been saying this shit for years, actually got sent to sensitivity training over it, I love where this thread is going.

Sinfix_15
08-21-2012, 03:23 AM

I think about you every time i hit on a black girl. I'm hoping this trend carries over to when im fucking a black girl, maybe it will give me a little more staying power. Good looking out bro.

bu villain
08-21-2012, 01:52 PM
I dont believe in reverse racism. I believe in RACISM. Since when did Racism only become a "black" connotation?

I dont think kids who want to be in a school program should be penalized because their nieghbors arent black or hispanic. thats bullshit.

Racism is the correct term which is why I used quotes. I don't know who coined "reverse racism" but it has a colloquial meaning of racism against a majority group. I think you already know this though.

I thought the ASO stated that those two high schools both performed for the last 4 years and they wanted to give other schools an opportunity to perform. Could it be based on racism? I guess so but that would mean they weren't racist for the last 4 years and now all of a sudden are. Maybe you know more about it than I do. Here is the article I read: Atlanta orchestra: Two high school choirs banned from performing 'for not being DIVERSE enough' | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2190143/Atlanta-orchestra-Two-high-school-choirs-banned-performing-DIVERSE-enough.html)