PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who carry a gun in the car

tony
12-05-2005, 09:55 AM
Two scenarios..

One.. you're stopped at a red light blocked in from the front and another car pulls beside you, the passenger gets out and walks over to your door and tells you to get out of the car while showing you a pistol but it is not pointed at you, what are you going to do?

The second scenario is the same but the pistol is actually pointed at you. Just curious..

WTF..kebe
12-05-2005, 09:58 AM
dump that shit in reverse n get the hell out of there...truthfully i would have no clue what i would do in a situation like that ...

AtifSajid
12-05-2005, 10:00 AM
If I was by myself or with the family, I would get out of the car and tell him have a great time in the car and let him have my car..aint nothing worth more than my life or my families.

B16a2 Civic
12-05-2005, 10:00 AM
the one not pointed at me, i'ld pull mine out and tell him to back up (this is see'n he has teh only gun and is the only threat)
now with teh gun pointed at me, i'd let them get th ecar and hope teh red light has a camera in it.

Julio
12-05-2005, 10:02 AM
depends really.. sometime is just better to let them take the car...

Also, depends where the gun is located too.. you never know, one dumb move can get you blasted.

AznTraitor
12-05-2005, 10:02 AM
well, if I was at a traffic light and stopped and there was no traffic going in any direction, I'd probably run the light....if there was traffic and no one behind me, I'd throw it in reverse and punch it. In any case, I know for a fact that I wouldnt have had my gun locked and loaded and pointed at person before he fired at me seeing me reach for it.

but if I had to run thru the intersection, I'd probably go up about 100yds and then stop and reach for my gun and unload the first clip into his car, and then load up the second one and get ready for him.

if I had to backup, same thing, I'd go about 100yds and unload about a clip into the car, and have the second mag ready for him.

Nitro
12-05-2005, 10:03 AM
since i daily drive with a 9...................i keep 1 in the chamber for situations like this..........shoot the closest one...or most threatening. i.e...with gun.
not to kill but to wound pretty badly......he has to be alive when the cops get there....& hopefully they will see the car set-up/trap.....ya dig?

Jon00
12-05-2005, 10:03 AM
let the fucker take my car so i can get a new one

AznTraitor
12-05-2005, 10:04 AM
my gun is stuffed between myseat and my center console in a soft case, so it's pretty close, but I'd still make it a point to put some distance between myself and the attacker.

The Golden Child
well for the 1st one id pull it in reverse if i was alone, but if i was with friends and family id let them take it. for the second one they won.

B16a2 Civic
my gun is stuffed between myseat and my center console in a soft case, so it's pretty close, but I'd still make it a point to put some distance between myself and the attacker.

same with me....

AznTraitor
12-05-2005, 10:05 AM
since i daily drive with a 9...................i keep 1 in the chamber for situations like this..........shoot the closest one...or most threatening. i.e...with gun.
not to kill but to wound pretty badly......he has to be alive when the cops get there....& hopefully they will see the car set-up/trap.....ya dig?

shit son, you better step it up and drop that 9 and get at least a .40!

tests and studies have shown that you can take multiple hits with a 9mm before going down.....1 hit with a .40 is usually plenty to take the person down.

Nitro
12-05-2005, 10:06 AM
i get pulled over way to much anyway........just keep it on the passenger seat when you're on the road :rolleyes: just incase.

Nitro
12-05-2005, 10:07 AM
shit son, you better step it up and drop that 9 and get at least a .40!

tests and studies have shown that you can take multiple hits with a 9mm before going down.....1 hit with a .40 is usually plenty to take the person down.

+1 hook up hook up....lol

chnco
12-05-2005, 10:09 AM
Did you guys see that police chase in California just recently?

Dude was running from the cops, got out of his car to jack another car, held the other car at gun point, and the other guy just floored it.

AznTraitor
12-05-2005, 10:12 AM
+1 hook up hook up....lol

you can get a Smith & Wesson SWSV40E (their copy of a GLOCK) for under $300 brand new at any gun show. I bought two, just for the hell of it because they were so cheap, and they fire perfectly. Trigger is a little heavy, but other than that, a solid performer. I've put about 2000rnds thru both, and they've fired the cheapest of ammo with no problems....my old rutger was a piece....it would never fire walmart ammo...always jammed....but with the SWSV40E's no sweat. Disassembly and cleaning are a breeze, because there's only like 4-5 parts....

Julio
Now that I think about ... I think most of us would be scared as shit hahahahaha..

Sucks to see your life flash inf front of you.. so... hnmm..

B16a2 Civic
you can get a Smith & Wesson SWSV40E (their copy of a GLOCK) for under $300 brand new at any gun show. I bought two, just for the hell of it because they were so cheap, and they fire perfectly. Trigger is a little heavy, but other than that, a solid performer. I've put about 2000rnds thru both, and they've fired the cheapest of ammo with no problems....my old rutger was a piece....it would never fire walmart ammo...always jammed....but with the SWSV40E's no sweat. Disassembly and cleaning are a breeze, because there's only like 4-5 parts....

hey Peter, wanna see one of em? :)

AznTraitor
12-05-2005, 10:13 AM
Now that I think about ... I think most of us would be scared as shit hahahahaha..

Sucks to see your life flash inf front of you.. so... hnmm..

hell nah son.....I get M-16's, and AK's, an AT4's pointed at my ass every now and then.....you dont sweat the small stuff anymore...haha

4dmin
12-05-2005, 10:14 AM
if the gun is pointed at me i would let them take the car... if the gun wasnt i would pull my gun... but i don't know in the heat of the situation i may pull no matter what... just b/c you give the guy your car doesn't mean you aren't going to get shot... so like they always say a good defense is a good offense :D

AznTraitor
12-05-2005, 10:14 AM
hey Peter, wanna see one of em? :)

what? are you asking me a question or do you want to show me something?

tony
12-05-2005, 10:18 AM
Did you guys see that police chase in California just recently?

Dude was running from the cops, got out of his car to jack another car, held the other car at gun point, and the other guy just floored it.

Damn, I'm not going to say its useless to carry a gun in the car because there are other scenarios but some people are so bold it seems like it would just aggravate the situation even more. I've been doing some reading and in most carjackings the gun is mainly used to persuade, as if to say the carjacker really wouldn't use the gun.

I remember here in college park there was a cop that was carjacked in his driveway, he ended up dying but he was also able to shoot one of the carjackers as they tried to get away.

AznTraitor
12-05-2005, 10:18 AM
http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson/upload/images/firearms/120023_large.jpg

this is what I'm usually carrying.

B16a2 Civic
12-05-2005, 10:21 AM
what? are you asking me a question or do you want to show me something?

Lol, i meant to say sell .....my bad
oh yeah, Bills girlfriend brother (adrian) said he is gonna throw a party for new years at his crib out on county road....you goin?

A.P. Photography
12-05-2005, 10:23 AM
In the first scenario if my gun was easily accessible then I would shot to kill (read headshot) the guy closest. Odds are after I shot the other guy will run, but if not blast him as he is getting out of the car. Seeing as how I drive a bone stock civic I don't think I have to worry.

Second scenario, they can have it.

AznTraitor
12-05-2005, 10:24 AM
Lol, i meant to say sell .....my bad
oh yeah, Bills girlfriend brother (adrian) said he is gonna throw a party for new years at his crib out on county road....you goin?

nah, my friends back in ATL are having a party and I've promised them already.

tony
12-05-2005, 10:30 AM
In the first scenario if my gun was easily accessible then I would shot to kill (read headshot) the guy closest. Odds are after I shot the other guy will run, but if not blast him as he is getting out of the car. Seeing as how I drive a bone stock civic I don't think I have to worry.

Does self defense hold up in court if you shoot though? Not criticizing what you've said, its just something that has been on my mind lately.

AznTraitor
12-05-2005, 10:31 AM
Does self defense hold up in court if you shoot though? Not criticizing what you've said, its just something that has been on my mind lately.

yes, in the state of GA, if you are being car jacked, you are authorized to protect your property at your discretion.

Big Baller
12-05-2005, 10:35 AM

You dont ever shoot to wound. That is retarded. If you are going to shoot someone you shoot to kill.

Matt

Nitro
12-05-2005, 10:38 AM
You dont ever shoot to wound. That is retarded. If you are going to shoot someone you shoot to kill.

Matt

note i said....................PRETTY BADLY....not really interested in killing someone unless my wife & son is with me & the situation requires it. :2up:

A.P. Photography
12-05-2005, 10:42 AM
note i said....................PRETTY BADLY....not really interested in killing someone unless my wife & son is with me & the situation requires it. :2up:
Regardless, you never shoot to wound in a two person set up. You can't watch both people so there is a greater chance of you getting killed. First guy that comes up if you can, head shot, he is down no need to worry and you can focus on the second guy or try getting away. Your life is worth more at that point than wounding someone and them possibly killing you. Think about your family if they are with you or not, you would not want them to be with out you in either case.

chnco
12-05-2005, 10:43 AM

If you aren't going to shoot to kill, why don't you just give him a hug and tell him his father still loves him?

A.P. Photography
12-05-2005, 10:45 AM
If you aren't going to shoot to kill, why don't you just give him a hug and tell him his father still loves him?
:lmfao: so true

The Golden Child
12-05-2005, 10:46 AM
so you can kill someone in georgia and get away with self-defense ??

Pher
12-05-2005, 10:46 AM
It would be easy... get out and tell them to enjoy the new ride with a smile on my face. I'm not going to lose my life for some stupid car. F that.

A.P. Photography
12-05-2005, 10:49 AM
If it was truly in self defense, yes.

The Golden Child
12-05-2005, 10:51 AM
If it was truly in self defense, yes.

yea in that matter of course but thats crazy taking a life but i guess it all turns up the same at the end when he obviously wanted urs for a car.

Nitro
12-05-2005, 10:52 AM
Regardless, you never shoot to wound in a two person set up. You can't watch both people so there is a greater chance of you getting killed. First guy that comes up if you can, head shot, he is down no need to worry and you can focus on the second guy or try getting away. Your life is worth more at that point than wounding someone and them possibly killing you. Think about your family if they are with you or not, you would not want them to be with out you in either case.

u right tho dawg..... :(

The Golden Child
12-05-2005, 10:53 AM
for tony did this happen to you or just thought about it ??

Rican219
12-05-2005, 10:54 AM
So who here would go out like Kane's Cousin Harlod?

tony
12-05-2005, 11:02 AM
for tony did this happen to you or just thought about it ??

Well I plan on getting a permit to carry after some training/practice and this came to mind. Trust me I'll give up my G in a second and will grab a bag of popcorn when the high speed chase starts up, I like my car a lot but I enjoy life too much.

The Golden Child
12-05-2005, 11:12 AM
Well I plan on getting a permit to carry after some training/practice and this came to mind. Trust me I'll give up my G in a second and will grab a bag of popcorn when the high speed chase starts up, I like my car a lot but I enjoy life too much.

icic

The Golden Child
12-05-2005, 11:14 AM
get ready to get your whole bg checked ..
if ur clean dont have nothing to worry about ..

chnco
12-05-2005, 11:14 AM
I'd hate to have your tilton still in there.

He'd get in the car, get pissed off because he can't move it and then shoot you anyway!

The Golden Child
12-05-2005, 11:17 AM

He'd get in the car, get pissed off because he can't move it and then shoot you anyway!

that would suck ..

PhAtBoYMr2
12-05-2005, 11:22 AM
keep in mind if someone pulls a gun out on you and you pull your gun out your ethier shooting....or getting shot at, so you better react quick.

If someone were to pull a gun out on me and aim it at my face, I would prob just give the car over, you really cant pull your gun out in time with a strap in your face...youd already be shot by then.

If i saw a gun and it wasnt pointed directly at me, i would defintly pull it out and shoot em in the arms or legs then call the police.

One of my old co-workers had the same exact thing happen to him in atlanta...he was with his wife and 2 kids and some homeless bum pull out a revolver and tells him to get the fuck out....he had no choice and had to get out the car, only because he didnt want to make that situation more tramatic then it already is for his family

The Golden Child
12-05-2005, 11:24 AM
keep in mind if someone pulls a gun out on you and you pull your gun out your ethier shooting....or getting shot at, so you better react quick.

If someone were to pull a gun out on me and aim it at my face, I would prob just give the car over, you really cant pull your gun out in time with a strap in your face...youd already be shot by then.

If i saw a gun and it wasnt pointed directly at me, i would defintly pull it out and shoot em in the arms or legs then call the police.

One of my old co-workers had the same exact thing happen to him in atlanta...he was with his wife and 2 kids and some homeless bum pull out a revolver and tells him to get the fuck out....he had no choice and had to get out the car, only because he didnt want to make that situation more tramatic then it already is for his family

so did they get the guy ??

A.P. Photography
12-05-2005, 11:30 AM

That is the only thing I don't agree with. You shoot them like that they can still pull a piece out and kill you. If I pull my gun out it is to shoot to kill, not imtimidate or wound. Otherwise it will not be pulled.

PhAtBoYMr2
12-05-2005, 11:46 AM
That is the only thing I don't agree with. You shoot them like that they can still pull a piece out and kill you. If I pull my gun out it is to shoot to kill, not imtimidate or wound. Otherwise it will not be pulled.

No matter the situation, i dont think i could ever live happy knowing that i took someones life away...It would be something i would have to live with everyday, and if your a religous person at all, you know god will send you straight to hell for taking someones life....So id worry about the life i took, then i would worry about me going to hell.

I wouldnt know how to handle the situation unless it really happened...its one of those things that no one really knows what they would do.

PhAtBoYMr2
12-05-2005, 11:47 AM
so did they get the guy ??

found the car...but not the guy,

Stormhammer
12-05-2005, 11:59 AM

dude I see you driving all the time. Guess I know who not to mess around with on the road :D

Nitro
12-05-2005, 12:02 PM
dude I see you driving all the time. Guess I know who not to mess around with on the road :D

lol..i'm cool peeps................that's just my attitude adjuster/STFU tool

ther's jus alot of assholes on the road nowadays......ya know what i mean?

buddha@TeamFX
12-05-2005, 12:32 PM
Two scenarios..

One.. you're stopped at a red light blocked in from the front and another car pulls beside you, the passenger gets out and walks over to your door and tells you to get out of the car while showing you a pistol but it is not pointed at you, what are you going to do?

The second scenario is the same but the pistol is actually pointed at you. Just curious..

My pistol hangs right under my steering wheel...so they better had be fast with it.

JoeCoolinATL
12-05-2005, 12:56 PM
http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson/upload/images/firearms/120023_large.jpg

this is what I'm usually carrying.

i used to always carry my sigma, now i carry my xd40 subcompact

.40 ftw!

A.P. Photography
12-05-2005, 12:59 PM
No matter the situation, i dont think i could ever live happy knowing that i took someones life away...It would be something i would have to live with everyday, and if your a religous person at all, you know god will send you straight to hell for taking someones life....So id worry about the life i took, then i would worry about me going to hell.

I wouldnt know how to handle the situation unless it really happened...its one of those things that no one really knows what they would do.
I am religous but I also believe that if it is protecting yourself then it is different that just randomly killing someone. To each their own but I believe in protecting myself and my loved ones. If that means I have to kill someone then so be it.

AtifSajid
12-05-2005, 01:01 PM
Everyone has insurance..why risk it, make sure you keep all your reciepts and let the jackers have your car. Shit I love my ride, but not more than my life. Insurance will get your back...hopefully..

Hulud
12-05-2005, 01:01 PM
if i had a pistol i would get out of the car and as soon as he moves to get in slam him against the car and put my pistol to his head and take his gun

A.P. Photography
12-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Everyone has insurance..why risk it, make sure you keep all your reciepts and let the jackers have your car. Shit I love my ride, but not more than my life. Insurance will get your back...hopefully..
I agree. That is why I love my stock civic, nobody wants it lol

AtifSajid
12-05-2005, 01:14 PM
Some of you all have been watching way to many gangster movies. I have never heard not once a car jack turn backwards where the car jacker gets shot. We'll maybe once or twice, but not as many times as someone does get jacked. I carry my piece in my car, but I still wouldnt pull it if someone had a gun and wanted my car. They will for sure be quicker than you. I BET!

A.P. Photography
12-05-2005, 01:26 PM
In most cases yes Atif they will be faster since usually when carjacked the gun is pointed at the person they are carjacking. I have known a couple of guys that have the gun in their lap when driving pointed at the driver's door so those instances can kind of go either way. Now that I have a stock car, please take it, i want something new anyway.

RandomGuy
12-05-2005, 01:35 PM
open my trunk, calmly walk and grab my katana and behead him and crucify the corpse.

Stormhammer
12-05-2005, 01:42 PM
open my trunk, calmly walk and grab my katana and behead him and crucify the corpse.

dude what in the FUCK are you talking about
its mroe like

you: -walks to the trunk, and takes out an AK-47 and an RPG- INFIDELS!!!! LALALALALALALALALA DIRKA DIRKA! :D

Stormhammer
12-05-2005, 01:43 PM
hm - anyone seen those like - handgun machine guns?

I forget what they're called - but they're more or less a pistol... only they have burst fire and automatic and that

Kevykev
12-05-2005, 01:49 PM
I'd let them have the shit man cause you don't know what the constituent to the side has..

SL65AMG
12-05-2005, 01:58 PM
Two scenarios..

1) depends on where my gun is...... if i can get to it quickly..... id put a .45 through his chest. if the gun is buried.....(only a dumass would bury a gun in the car....its not there to be hidden) id prolly throw it in reverse and romp on the gas

2)pistol pointed at me......depends on the guy..... if its some dumass bitch with the gun cocked sideways, all up over his head.....like those dumasses in the ghetto....id prolly throw it in reverse......
if it looks like hes got a clue... and a pair....i might let em get in the car..... but ill grab the gun on the way out and put one in his head as hes steppin in....

....my old ruger was a piece....it would never fire walmart ammo...always jammed

you cant dis on the rugers cuz u dont wanna run quality ammo..... its not the guns fault. want quality, cheap ammo.....reload your own

SL65AMG
12-05-2005, 01:59 PM

I forget what they're called - but they're more or less a pistol... only they have burst fire and automatic and that

mac-10? mac-11? uzi? scorpion?

Kevykev
12-05-2005, 02:12 PM
1) depends on where my gun is...... if i can get to it quickly..... id put a .45 through his chest. if the gun is buried.....(only a dumass would bury a gun in the car....its not there to be hidden) id prolly throw it in reverse and romp on the gas

2)pistol pointed at me......depends on the guy..... if its some dumass bitch with the gun cocked sideways, all up over his head.....like those dumasses in the ghetto....id prolly throw it in reverse......
if it looks like hes got a clue... and a pair....i might let em get in the car..... but ill grab the gun on the way out and put one in his head as hes steppin in....

You should write a book on 'Great Ways to Get Yourself Shot or Shot At"

:lmfao:

chnco
12-05-2005, 02:30 PM

Tec-9?

AznTraitor
12-05-2005, 02:36 PM
you cant dis on the rugers cuz u dont wanna run quality ammo..... its not the guns fault. want quality, cheap ammo.....reload your own

yes I can....there are plenty of other guns out there that can fire any grade of ammo no problem....like my dad's Glock & Beretta , my Smith & Wesson....let's say you have a "ruger" and all you had in the house was just target ammo, and someone breaks in, you are better off throwing the gun at them because it wouldnt fire.....now on the other hand a gun that can fire any grade with no problems is a far superior firearm. So, in turn...it is the guns fault.

tony
12-05-2005, 02:48 PM

lol I would love to see that. I actually saw a post where a guy with an STi got carjacked and the carjacker couldn't figure out how to put it in reverse, he kept putting it in 6th and the car would just stall out. He ended up getting frustrated and gave up.

quickdodgeŽ
12-05-2005, 02:54 PM
I keep mine in my lap and my eyes everywhere. So when I see something looking potentially ugly, I'm already ready. Luckily, I haven't had that scenario. Later, QD.

4bangin
12-05-2005, 03:51 PM
Give them the car so I can get a new one. Shoot the rear window out when he leaves so he gets a cold.

Hulud
12-05-2005, 03:52 PM
Give them the car so I can get a new one. Shoot the rear window out when he leaves so he gets a cold.
haha so he gets a cold? lol

4bangin
12-05-2005, 03:53 PM
haha so he gets a cold? lol

Yeah, being sick sucks.

Hulud
12-05-2005, 03:54 PM
crazy ass white boy

EG BTER
12-05-2005, 04:01 PM
I dont carry mine...probably should...what kind of license do you need to have the gun in the car??? What is the law?

JoeCoolinATL
12-05-2005, 04:09 PM

Matt

wrong.
you never "shoot to kill"
talking like that will get you in jail for murder dumbass.

you shoot to stop the threat. be it by a double tap to the chest or however you want.

Big Baller
12-05-2005, 04:16 PM

If the situation requires it.

The situation(both of them) involves a gun and someone who is pointing it at you or threatening you with it. How exactly do you know if the situation requires it.

You dont.

If I am being threatened with my life, you better belive he is going to lose his before mine.

So as the little smiley says :2up: thats a big fuck you right back at ya

Big Baller
12-05-2005, 04:18 PM
wrong.

you shoot to stop the threat. be it by a double tap to the chest or however you want.

Your an idiot.

Shooting to stop the threat means death. Till he is dead the threat still exist period.

Two to the chest one to the head, repeat untill threat does not exist.

JoeCoolinATL
12-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Your an idiot.

Shooting to stop the threat means death. Till he is dead the threat still exist period.

no
shooting to stop the threat means stopping the threat.
if you told me that you shot to kill someone i seriously doubt that i wouldnt arrest you as well.

EG BTER
12-05-2005, 04:21 PM
does knowone know the gun in car law?

JoeCoolinATL
12-05-2005, 04:22 PM
how old are you? do you have a ccw?

Big Baller
12-05-2005, 04:25 PM
how old are you? do you have a ccw?

I'm 26 and Yes I do have a CCW.

EG BTER
12-05-2005, 04:25 PM
ccw? Not sure wut kind of license in supposed to go get. im 23. guess you have to have one to have the gun in the car?

Big Baller
12-05-2005, 04:27 PM
no
shooting to stop the threat means stopping the threat.
if you told me that you shot to kill someone i seriously doubt that i wouldnt arrest you as well.

Let me ask you a question then super cool Joe ATL

Is a single round from a 357 to the chest enough to stop someone.

JoeCoolinATL
12-05-2005, 04:51 PM
Let me ask you a question then super cool Joe ATL

Is a single round from a 357 to the chest enough to stop someone.

most likely.
thats not the point
the point is
if you tell any officer that you shot to kill you arent getting off on self defense.
if you want to argue this point i can give you the # to whatever dept you want to argue it with.

JoeCoolinATL
12-05-2005, 05:02 PM
ccw? Not sure wut kind of license in supposed to go get. im 23. guess you have to have one to have the gun in the car?

legally, you only have to be 18 to own one. but as long as it is in plain sight and not loaded you can carry it in your car, but to be on the safe side get the CCW that way no one on duty will hassle you.

to get your ccw contact your local sherrifs dept's probate office.

The Golden Child
12-05-2005, 05:36 PM
how do you get a license to hold a gun ?? whats the procedure ??

eh2
12-05-2005, 07:14 PM
If I had good insurance, okay.

If I had a gun, shoot his ass.

Since I dont carry a gun or have good insurance, duck and drop the clutch.

quickdodgeŽ
12-05-2005, 07:18 PM
how do you get a license to hold a gun ?? whats the procedure ??

First, you go to the courthouse in the county that you live in. You will fill out the necessary paperwork and hand over $25-30. You will then go to the county Sheriff's Office and go through fingerprinting. That also costs another $19(I think). Then, you just wait until your license comes. Mine took about 3 months in Rockdale Co. Gwinnett, I hear, is in about the same time frame. Later, QD.

Big Baller
12-05-2005, 09:35 PM
[QUOTE=JoeCoolinATL]legally, you only have to be 18 to own one. but as long as it is in plain sight and not loaded you can carry it in your carQUOTE]

You are so wrong again its amazing. You can carry a gun in the car loaded with the safety off if you want to.

Plain view is okay, the glove box and center console is ok. Under the seat or "hidden" is not ok.

Matt

Cops have always been super cool about guns in the car when I have been pulled over. Just tell them you have one when they ask, and do what they tell you to.

quickdodgeŽ
12-05-2005, 09:39 PM
Yea. I have been pulled over on numerous occasions with my loaded pistol in the seat. Even before I had a license. All the officers ever did was take the gun, empty the clip and give it back to sperate....saying nothing about it the whole time. Later, QD.

The Golden Child
12-05-2005, 09:41 PM
First, you go to the courthouse in the county that you live in. You will fill out the necessary paperwork and hand over $25-30. You will then go to the county Sheriff's Office and go through fingerprinting. That also costs another $19(I think). Then, you just wait until your license comes. Mine took about 3 months in Rockdale Co. Gwinnett, I hear, is in about the same time frame. Later, QD.

they do background check and stuff right ?? ive been arrested once here for a fight ..
but i have a sealed file in ny ..

quickdodgeŽ
12-05-2005, 09:42 PM
Yes, they do. Later, QD.

1439/2000
12-05-2005, 09:45 PM
5500 rpms, AWD launch the hell out of there, swerving the whole time to avoid bulletholes in my car.

efman
12-05-2005, 09:50 PM
one of my dads freinds had the 1st situation a few years ago he slowly got out of the car why he pulled out his 357mag and pointed it in the guys face him and his whole group pissed there pants and ran !

efman
12-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Yea. I have been pulled over on numerous occasions with my loaded pistol in the seat. Even before I had a license. All the officers ever did was take the gun, empty the clip and give it back to sperate....saying nothing about it the whole time. Later, QD.
nah guys exspecialy qd you should know there not "clips" they're magazines c'mon guys get it together :rolleyes: j/k

The Golden Child
12-05-2005, 09:58 PM
Yes, they do. Later, QD.

i guess it wont apply to me then ..

Vuongy_Dong
12-05-2005, 10:58 PM
I carry mines for situation like this. mines is right next to me. got pulled over many times and had it on me too. I just tell the officers that i have one on me and all they say is not to pull it out. thats all. didnt even ask for my carrying license.

Ruiner
12-05-2005, 11:24 PM

A. Headshot? This isn't like the video games. You go for center mass in the chest. You can EASILY miss a "headshot" in real life. You go for the biggest target.

B. You'd go to jail for killing the second guy if he wasn't armed and didn't pose a threat to you.

RISKYB
12-05-2005, 11:27 PM
not sure what i would do but know the law states once they have broken the plane of the window and your are threatened you ca shoot them legally in self defense

Ruiner
12-05-2005, 11:31 PM
yes, in the state of GA, if you are being car jacked, you are authorized to protect your property at your discretion.

It isn't the property that you are protecting so much. Read up on the law. You are allowed, but not really for reasons of protecting your property. It is to prevent a felony or to keep yourself (or a passenger) safe.

16-3-23.
A person is justified in threatening or using force against another when and to the extent that he or she reasonably believes that such threat or force is necessary to prevent or terminate such other´s unlawful entry into or attack upon a habitation; however, such person is justified in the use of force which is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm only if:
(1) The entry is made or attempted in a violent and tumultuous manner and he or she reasonably believes that the entry is attempted or made for the purpose of assaulting or offering personal violence to any person dwelling or being therein and that such force is necessary to prevent the assault or offer of personal violence;
(2) That force is used against another person who is not a member of the family or household and who unlawfully and forcibly enters or has unlawfully and forcibly entered the residence and the person using such force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry occurred; or
(3) The person using such force reasonably believes that the entry is made or attempted for the purpose of committing a felony therein and that such force is necessary to prevent the commission of the felony.

Stormhammer
12-05-2005, 11:33 PM
Tec-9?

no no no

it really is like - a handgun - the magazine is in like where a normal handgun goes

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5854686068870249151

its a 1:14 into that video

those puppies is what I want :D

Ruiner
12-05-2005, 11:33 PM

You can do that in MANY states, actually.

Ruiner
12-05-2005, 11:37 PM

Have you ever shot a pistol before? Ever shot one while scared? Ever shot one while pumped up on adrenaline?

Son, you wouldn't hit shit in that situation. Try hitting a moving arm/leg in split second. This isn't like the movies.

Ruiner
12-05-2005, 11:41 PM
Your an idiot.

You are so wrong on so many levels. You shoot to stop the threat. Case closed, end of discussion. That usually means death, but if you think that you can get away with shooting them over and over and over again, you are kidding yourself.

Ruiner
12-05-2005, 11:45 PM
legally, you only have to be 18 to own one. but as long as it is in plain sight and not loaded you can carry it in your car, but to be on the safe side get the CCW that way no one on duty will hassle you.

to get your ccw contact your local sherrifs dept's probate office.

Not all true, Nikki. 18 to own, but 21 to carry, both with a license and without. You can carry in one of 4 places if you do not have a permit and you can carry it loaded.

(d) This Code section shall not forbid the transportation of any firearm by a person who is not among those enumerated as ineligible for a license under Code Section 16-11-129, provided the firearm is enclosed in a case, unloaded, and separated from its ammunition. This Code section shall not forbid any person who is not among those enumerated as ineligible for a license under Code Section 16-11-129 from transporting a loaded firearm in any private passenger motor vehicle in an open manner and fully exposed to view or in the glove compartment, console, or similar compartment of the vehicle;

Vuongy_Dong
12-05-2005, 11:45 PM
Have you ever shot a pistol before? Ever shot one while scared? Ever shot one while pumped up on adrenaline?

Son, you wouldn't hit shit in that situation. Try hitting a moving arm/leg in split second. This isn't like the movies.
Im with ya on that. at the gun range, its so easy to hit that target with that adrenaline. In real life, you will be scared to shit if it had happened.

Ruiner
12-05-2005, 11:48 PM
legally, you only have to be 18 to own one. but as long as it is in plain sight and not loaded you can carry it in your car

You are so wrong again its amazing. You can carry a gun in the car loaded with the safety off if you want to.

Plain view is okay, the glove box and center console is ok. Under the seat or "hidden" is not ok.

Matt

If you have a permit, you can carry it anywhere you want in your car; up your ass if you want.

Ruiner
12-05-2005, 11:52 PM
no no no

it really is like - a handgun - the magazine is in like where a normal handgun goes

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5854686068870249151

its a 1:14 into that video

those puppies is what I want :D

Those are Glock 18s with 30-rnd mags. They are officially made by Glock, but not officially sold to civilians. They have a full auto and semi auto selector switch on the back.

Ruiner
12-05-2005, 11:58 PM
I've had to stick a .40 cal in a guy's face before during a situation similar to that. This was off of the BP gas station at Clairmont and the guy got IN my car (via the passenger side) while I was still in it (I had the driver's side door open while I was letting it cool down - my own turbo timer if you will as a normal turbo timer for my car de-activates the alarm system - that's a no no). He got IN my car! In! He was commiting a felony. I had my rights.

Put a .40 cal in their face before they can even breath and that will teach them to stop VERY quickly...

RandomGuy
12-06-2005, 12:20 AM
Not all true, Nikki. 18 to own, but 21 to carry, both with a license and without. You can carry in one of 4 places if you do not have a permit and you can carry it loaded.

(d) This Code section shall not forbid the transportation of any firearm by a person who is not among those enumerated as ineligible for a license under Code Section 16-11-129, provided the firearm is enclosed in a case, unloaded, and separated from its ammunition. This Code section shall not forbid any person who is not among those enumerated as ineligible for a license under Code Section 16-11-129 from transporting a loaded firearm in any private passenger motor vehicle in an open manner and fully exposed to view or in the glove compartment, console, or similar compartment of the vehicle;
you arent talking about handguns are you?
rifles = 18 to own...
pretty sure handguns are 21 to own...

JoeCoolinATL
12-06-2005, 01:12 AM

haha i knew ud come thru on this thread.

ahmonrah
12-06-2005, 04:40 AM
given the scenario...if my weapon is easily accessible(which is how i like to keep it), i'm a litle paranoid anyway seeing how i've had a gun in my face on 2 separate occasions and on both occasions i'd have to say i wasnt paying attention to my surroundings. it's a little demeaning to be told to lay down on the ground while some asshole rifles through your pockets like they are his. i keep the gun where it's in reach and i'd plant 2 hollowtips in his chest.

the scenario reminds me of the scene in TRAINING DAY where denzel gets his ass handed to him by the russians in hummers and the one bitch in the benz. i liked her, she's raw.

Nitro
12-06-2005, 06:25 AM
if i had a pistol i would get out of the car and as soon as he moves to get in slam him against the car and put my pistol to his head and take his gun

i think i saw that on cops......lol

Nitro
12-06-2005, 06:31 AM
most likely.
thats not the point
the point is
if you tell any officer that you shot to kill you arent getting off on self defense.
if you want to argue this point i can give you the # to whatever dept you want to argue it with.

:goodjob:

Ruiner
12-06-2005, 07:22 AM
you arent talking about handguns are you?
rifles = 18 to own...
pretty sure handguns are 21 to own...

I believe that you can possess one, but you can't buy one. Carrying it on you (as you are not the owner) cannot be done in the car, either. Owner was the wrong word. You *might* be able to "own" one if it is given to you, however. I need to research the law some more. However, carrying it is a no-no depending on where. The law gets VERY grey in this area. Under the age of 21, carrying it in public is not allowed, but don't quote me on it.

Here are some of the rules...

http://www.legis.state.ga.us/cgi-bin/gl_codes_detail.pl?code=16-11-132

16-11-132.
(a)(1) For the purposes of this Code section, the term 'pistol' or 'revolver' means a firearm of any description, loaded or unloaded, from which any shot, bullet, or other missile can be discharged where the length of the barrel, not including any revolving, detachable, or magazine breech, does not exceed 12 inches; provided, however, that the term pistol or revolver shall not include a gun which discharges shot of .46 centimeters or less in diameter.
(2) For the purposes of this Code section, a pistol or revolver is considered loaded if:
(A) There is a cartridge in the chamber or cylinder of the pistol or revolver;
(B) The person is carrying on his or her body or attached to his or her clothing the pistol or revolver and the ammunition for such pistol or revolver; or
(C) The pistol or revolver and the ammunition for such pistol or revolver are in such close proximity to such person that such person could readily gain access to the pistol or revolver and the ammunition and load the pistol or revolver.
(b) Notwithstanding any other provisions of this part and except as otherwise provided in this Code section, it shall be unlawful for any person under the age of 18 years to possess or have under such person´s control a pistol or revolver.

Ruiner
12-06-2005, 07:27 AM
Here is a good Cliff Notes Type breakdown on GA gun law:

http://www.lcav.org/states/georgia.asp

Big Baller
12-06-2005, 08:40 AM
Fair enough, Shoot to stop the threat. Just realize that in most cases that will result in death. I know a guy who shoot a robber in the chest with a 357, point blank basically, the guy walked 200yds back to a car got in the passenger side and drove off. Knowing that I'm not going to stop shooting until he hits the ground.

SL65AMG
12-07-2005, 06:44 PM
wrong.

like a DT to the chest wouldnt kill someone.....unless u got a .22 pistol lol

Ruiner
12-07-2005, 06:51 PM
like a DT to the chest wouldnt kill someone.....unless u got a .22 pistol lol

You'd be surprised. More often than not it will, but you can actually shoot them perfectly in the chest and miss all vital veins/organs/etc. Perhaps you collapse one lung, but not both... You get the idea.

Jaimecbr900
12-08-2005, 12:54 PM
Very nice discussion. Glad to see everyone is taking advice wisely.

As Ruiner said and linked, here are some of the quick cliff notes as I have them understood:

1. You can have a handgun in 3 places w/o a permit AS LONG AS you are over 21 & not a convicted felon or anything else that would prohibit you from legally owning a gun. Those 3 places are: Home, car, and work (as long as the employer allows it). It has to be in an open and exposed matter ONLY w/o a CCW permit. To "carry" anywhere else besides those 3 places REQUIRES a CCW permit.

2. Deadly threat is a very very gray area. You have to be sure that when you pull you gun out of it's holster ANY time, there is a VERY good reason for it. Merely brandishing a weapon will get you put in jail if there is no "REAL" threat to you or others. Law clearly says that there only certain times where you can use deadly force, and most are very ambigious and up to the individual's judgement. Something that scares my wife into pulling out her gun, may not be the same thing that scares me into pulling out mine.

3. IF you are ever in a situation where deadly force IS going to be used....stopping the threat is the only priority. 1 shot, 2 shots, or more is irrelevant. If 1 shot "stops" the threat, then it's over at 1 shot. If you shoot someone, they go "down" and you CONTINUE to shoot because they are wiggling on the ground.....you're committing a crime. Once the physical threat is equalized, you are supposed to restrain yourself from continuing to purposely injuring the individual.

StreetSweepn
12-14-2005, 11:50 AM
the stuff about reloading that can also get you put in jail. A friend of mine was bein jacked at a gas station and pulled his pistol and emptied a clip at the guy. he was a really shitty shot and only grazed him but he reloaded when the guy started to run and then emptied another and was locked up because it was no longer self defense

StreetSweepn
12-14-2005, 11:55 AM
i have had a group of ppl i think there were like 5 try and take my car in a gas station the only thing that got me out of there was the 9 i had in the pouch on the back of my passenger seat since then I have added a 20 rd clip tho my Ruger p89th limited edition. I also came home one day to see 2 men coming out of my basement w/ 4 of my rifles and was able to pull my pistol and get the drop on them after i called the police its always handy to carry protection

anf1tch21
12-14-2005, 12:05 PM
nice...my dad is plannin to give me his Ruger .45 cal since im already 21

mocha latte cupcake
12-14-2005, 12:07 PM
agreed, since i'm late on this, i'd say at the light, 1 (pistol not at me, run and gun, i'd get some space between me if i could but if i couldn't most of the time if your quick enough a shot in the air will startle someone enough to give you a second or two to get some distance in a car and fire regardless if they are direct hits, bullets in the air are bullets.... most crimals won't stand their ground they will find a place to take cover IMO.

gun at me, i'd say have a nice day but be sure to see if i could get a second without him seeing to grab my gun. if that happens have a nice day then i'd light my car up and hope i hit'm.

StreetSweepn
12-14-2005, 12:14 PM
Rugers are good pistols my mom bought mine for me about 2 yrs ago for christmas

Tiff-O-Bitties
12-14-2005, 12:27 PM
well, if it was me, I honestly do not know what I'd do, my first instinct would be to get out and let him take it.. however, if I was truely paying attention, I would have seen the gun while he was walking to my car and from then, I would have run the person over..

I do not carry a gun, nor do I know how to operate a gun, it may be simple, but I've never been instructed. My boyfriend has one on him at all times, then again, he's kinda a cop...

ahmonrah
12-14-2005, 03:54 PM
yeah as far as the "shoot to kill" , i was given a very stern warning from a retired cop when i went to buy my frst gun. i was in the gun shop when i turned 21 and was going to buy my gun. well i mentioned the phrase "self-defense" followed by"shoot to kill" and with a sersious ass face he told me, " you are not shooting to kill in a self defense situation. cause if that situation comes and you tell the cops you were shooting to kill, your ass will be in jail." the look in his face and tone of his voice was enough to make me rethink that phrase, but the good thing is that right after he said that, some of the folks that overheard our conversation that were gun owners themselves told me almost in unison " you are not shooting to kill, your shooting to stop the threat." with some of them laughing at the end. damn i felt like a true NOOB after that.

anf1tch21
12-14-2005, 05:02 PM
yeah as far as the "shoot to kill" , i was given a very stern warning from a retired cop when i went to buy my frst gun. i was in the gun shop when i turned 21 and was going to buy my gun. well i mentioned the phrase "self-defense" followed by"shoot to kill" and with a sersious ass face he told me, " you are not shooting to kill in a self defense situation. cause if that situation comes and you tell the cops you were shooting to kill, your ass will be in jail." the look in his face and tone of his voice was enough to make me rethink that phrase, but the good thing is that right after he said that, some of the folks that overheard our conversation that were gun owners themselves told me almost in unison " you are not shooting to kill, your shooting to stop the threat." with some of them laughing at the end. damn i felt like a true NOOB after that.

amen to that..i can't wait to get a gun mwah ahhaha..i should have fun at the local shooting ranges blasting the head off the paper :)

SLOWR/T
12-14-2005, 05:35 PM
well im alittle late in on this but i believe i would try to get away in both situations. IDK depends on what car im in. i dont care what they have i work hard for what i got and im not about to give it away. i dont carry a gun (yet. im 20) so i couldnt shoot back. on the other hand my dad has three guns in the car at all times and always has one on him. he keeps a 22 on him, a 9mm behind the seat and a 357 under the seat. hes had to pull the 357 (it was in the seat at the time under his jacket) on someone once and believe me they backed off pretty quick.

Jaimecbr900
12-14-2005, 07:37 PM
I think there is a little confusion with some of the statements made.

1. It is absolutely true that if there ever was a situation where you are being questioned about a shooting you certainly don't want to come off as some crazed murderer by saying you were "shooting TO kill". It comes off as OFFENSIVE rather than DEFENSIVE. Very true.

2. In this discussion, I believe the term of "shooting to kill" was being addressed as a rebuttal to some people saying they'd "shoot to WOUND" or "shoot at their arms, legs, buttocks, etc". In other words, it is unrealistic to shoot someone to maim rather than to put 2 in the chest as you should. So, what some people are saying, including myself, is that if you pull the trigger it SHOULD be to take care of the threat which means there is a high possibility of death by default. If someone is NOT ready to ACCEPT that basic fact, they should not be a gun owner IMO. It's like using a sledge hammer to nail in a picture frame. ANY gun can KILL, period. If YOU pull the trigger, you better KNOW that is a possibility (death). If you have a problem with that, put the gun down and fight with your fists.

3. As has been stated many times here, the law allows you to defend yourself with a caveat. That caveat is that you can only defend yourself with the amount of force necessary to STOP the threat. The HIGHER the threat, the higher the force allowed to stop it. IF a perpetrator turns and runs, the threat is LEAVING....i.e. it has STOPPED.....so therefore you emptying (sp?) your magazine into their back is NOT self defense. IF in turn, you shoot him and he keeps reaching for a weapon to SHOOT YOU with, then you can continue to shoot until THAT threat stops. There is a big difference.

If someone points a gun at your face, you now have the legal right to defend yourself with as much force as is being applied towards you. If that is with a gun, then you have a decision to make. If it's with a stick, rake, umbrella....it doesn't matter....you now have been threatened to a heightened level and therefore can protect yourself until that threat is gone. If you kill him with an umbrella to the testicles or 2 to the chest, he is just as dead either way.

Moral of the story: Gun ownership comes with a HUGE responsibility. If you are unclear as to when to use a gun against a threat, do NOT buy a gun until you have that crystal clear in your mind.

My :2cents:

Dragonfly5338
12-15-2005, 12:28 AM
5500 rpms, AWD launch the hell out of there, swerving the whole time to avoid bulletholes in my car.

x2 but add launch control!!! :eek:

JoeCoolinATL
12-15-2005, 06:32 AM
I think there is a little confusion with some of the statements made.

1. It is absolutely true that if there ever was a situation where you are being questioned about a shooting you certainly don't want to come off as some crazed murderer by saying you were "shooting TO kill". It comes off as OFFENSIVE rather than DEFENSIVE. Very true.

2. In this discussion, I believe the term of "shooting to kill" was being addressed as a rebuttal to some people saying they'd "shoot to WOUND" or "shoot at their arms, legs, buttocks, etc". In other words, it is unrealistic to shoot someone to maim rather than to put 2 in the chest as you should. So, what some people are saying, including myself, is that if you pull the trigger it SHOULD be to take care of the threat which means there is a high possibility of death by default. If someone is NOT ready to ACCEPT that basic fact, they should not be a gun owner IMO. It's like using a sledge hammer to nail in a picture frame. ANY gun can KILL, period. If YOU pull the trigger, you better KNOW that is a possibility (death). If you have a problem with that, put the gun down and fight with your fists.

3. As has been stated many times here, the law allows you to defend yourself with a caveat. That caveat is that you can only defend yourself with the amount of force necessary to STOP the threat. The HIGHER the threat, the higher the force allowed to stop it. IF a perpetrator turns and runs, the threat is LEAVING....i.e. it has STOPPED.....so therefore you emptying (sp?) your magazine into their back is NOT self defense. IF in turn, you shoot him and he keeps reaching for a weapon to SHOOT YOU with, then you can continue to shoot until THAT threat stops. There is a big difference.

If someone points a gun at your face, you now have the legal right to defend yourself with as much force as is being applied towards you. If that is with a gun, then you have a decision to make. If it's with a stick, rake, umbrella....it doesn't matter....you now have been threatened to a heightened level and therefore can protect yourself until that threat is gone. If you kill him with an umbrella to the testicles or 2 to the chest, he is just as dead either way.

Moral of the story: Gun ownership comes with a HUGE responsibility. If you are unclear as to when to use a gun against a threat, do NOT buy a gun until you have that crystal clear in your mind.

My :2cents:

your post should be required reading for at least half of IA, well at least the majority who posted in this thread.

esp ones with posts like this

amen to that..i can't wait to get a gun mwah ahhaha..i should have fun at the local shooting ranges blasting the head off the paper :)

geez