PDA

View Full Version : Em1 replaced rear pads now hand break does not work

PearlG
08-06-2012, 10:16 AM
Well as the title says i changed my rear pads on my si and now my e break doesn't work. I'm not sure what i did wrong or how to fix it.
Does anyone know what i need to do to fix it?
Thanks

dc5-rsx
08-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Did u check the lines to make sure the brake fluid is sufficient? Try bleeding the lines and check for leaks, and check all bolts to make sure everything is torque downed properly. Also check the brake piston and make sure it's sealed tight with no leaks or breakage. Check the end brake lever also and make sure that's bolted down, from the cab and to the rear.

Sent From My Omega Red Galaxy S2

green91
08-06-2012, 05:19 PM
The parking break isn't hydraulic on this car, its cable driven and goes to a lever on the caliper.

How many miles have you put on the pads? It will take some time for rear pads to set in before they hold well unforunately. Did you resurface the rotors? If not, it will take a significantly longer time for the pads to bed with the rotors since they arent flat.

It wouldnt hurt to pump the brakes firmly to make sure the pistons have extended properly in the rear, and also pull/release the parking brake handle numerous times.

PTCDC5
08-06-2012, 06:44 PM
The parking break isn't hydraulic on this car, its cable driven and goes to a lever on the caliper.

How many miles have you put on the pads? It will take some time for rear pads to set in before they hold well unforunately. Did you resurface the rotors? If not, it will take a significantly longer time for the pads to bed with the rotors since they arent flat.

It wouldnt hurt to pump the brakes firmly to make sure the pistons have extended properly in the rear, and also pull/release the parking brake handle numerous times.
This. Pump the brake a few times to extend the pistons on both sides.

PearlG
08-07-2012, 11:21 AM
^^^ thats what did it, i topped off the break fluid and just pumped them and pulled the hand brake a few hundered times and its good now
thanks for the help