PDA

View Full Version : WIFI connection on my laptop !

cactusEG
08-05-2012, 12:08 PM
First of all I'm terrible with computers. My laptop will not connect to my wifi at home. I was on vacation using another connection. I get home and it worked for a day than after that it wouldnt connect. I clicked refresh to find connections and nothing would come up. Any ideas ?

CSquared
08-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Have you tried restarting the router?

And do you have another device (like a smart phone) you can use to try and connect to the network? That would at least tell you that your router is still working correctly.

masanomi3
08-05-2012, 05:24 PM
That's a common problem with my wireless router. I'm going to guess and say you have a linksys wireless router? Either unplug it for 30 secs and if that does not work there should be a reset button on the back press that for 30 secs and just re configure your wireless router. Type 192.168.1.1 in your URL bar if you have a linksys. If you do not have a linksys wireless router just google the Log in ip for your wireless router. Also check and see if your SSID is on broadcast so your laptop can find it. ALSO!!!!!!! make sure your wifi icon is lit up on your laptop i know some newer models have a little WiFi light and a button that says WiFi on it. Try pressing Fn and the WiFi key at the same time!. Hope i helped fix your problem!:goodjob:

cactusEG
08-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Thanks fellas. Ill try all that out.

cactusEG
08-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Have you tried restarting the router?

And do you have another device (like a smart phone) you can use to try and connect to the network? That would at least tell you that your router is still working correctly.

Tired this and nothing