PDA

View Full Version : 01 Honda CBR600 F4i wont start-Worth a shot here

1NonlyAccord
08-04-2012, 05:50 PM
I know this is for cars,But I figured it was worth a shot.
I have an 01 Honda CBR600 F4i thats been sitting in my garage for about 2 weeks,went to move it out of the way for wild bills last thursday and all it does is rolls over;
oil light is flashing,RED Malfunction light is on..Battery dies after 4/5 attempt of rolling over. Oil is filled,never been dropped just all a sudden doing this,drove fine before parking it last.

Fuel pump primes when you turn the key-can hear the whining..

1civic
08-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Ok, A simple search lead me to some good info.. ;)

Link:

What does the solid FI light mean on an 02 Honda CBR600 F4i? - Yahoo! Answers (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080522225729AA2hIhl)

And I found this which if you look is from the service manual, it's a flow chart! (post 2)

Link:

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/help-me-fix/395772-weird-idle-fi-light-2001-cbr-600f4i.html

Sinfix_15
08-04-2012, 07:48 PM
its usually the tip sensor, there's a pendulum inside the headlight that cuts the power to the fuel pump if it senses a tip over. If you've ever taken your headlight off and moved it around or anything like that, probably made it go off. Easy to bypass, you should be able to find the info you need from a google search. Also, before bypassing it, just make sure that every plug connected to your headlight is clean and connected correctly. check your battery terminals and fuses too.

if that doesnt work, engine is probably blown up and you should sell it to me for a few hundred bucks.

1NonlyAccord
08-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Thanks guys Ill try everything out.
yes there was an HID kit installed from previous owner,But everything works/lights up.ect..Ill get out and make sure the connectors are tight again. all Fuses are good,and battery has been charging for past few hours.

jmar32
08-04-2012, 10:24 PM
how low is the battery voltage? whats the amperage dropping to? put a multy on the battery and watch with the key off then on then with the starter button. if it is going below somewhere around 11.5 the fuel injection will not kick in becuase your useing the battery to turn the bike over and have no more juice left. also listen to see if your fuel pump is cycling on when you turn the key on with the kill switch in the run postion. injectors can stick also. if the stick take them out and hook them up to 12v and listen for a click. just touch it on and off rapidly to 12v.

1NonlyAccord
08-18-2012, 03:44 PM
Iv had no luck with the bike..Just sitting in my Garage..Im not sure what to do..

EDIT:

Did the TIP sensor bypass. Bridged green,red wire together,clipped white wire.=No luck
the FI light comes on and goes off after fuel pump primes..BUT the RED square malfunction light stays on. and bike just rolls over.

fatty
08-23-2012, 10:01 PM
might be the stator

Sinfix_15
08-24-2012, 05:30 AM
check the kickstand sensor, you can either replace it or connect the wires together.

1NonlyAccord
08-24-2012, 07:15 PM
Okay ill look at that..Im taking it to IC racing Corp on buford hwy Monday.