PDA

View Full Version : IA 2012

chaseamundo
07-30-2012, 07:22 AM
I don't know if im the only one that feels this way, or maybe i expect more for some reason....but i feel like Import alliance this year was a let down from previous years. The drive was slightly longer, which i was ok with until i found out they were having the meet at the track with no track events. Not only that but no events at all. WTF. Why even change the venue? I don't think i will be attending the summer meet next year. :no:

00CelicaGT
07-30-2012, 07:49 AM
I had fun, it's always nice to get away from the same cars we see in the ATL and see some new innovative rides.

chaseamundo
07-30-2012, 08:08 AM
This is true. I dont want to bash the event because it was alot of fun to be with friends and meet new ones, I was just a little let down is all. I saw plenty of cars from kennesaw (atlanta) area. I'd say Every year atlanta and ohio have the sickest cars IMO.

1civic
07-30-2012, 10:43 AM
Fuck that NOPI wanna-be bullshit!!

Organize your own events, and stop jumping on the bandwagon.. :cheers:

I see no point running state to state looking at the same beat up bullshit I can see at any varsity meet, and that's free!!

Plus did you see anything different, or was it all the same shit? :screwy:

RL...
07-30-2012, 11:11 AM
I thought it was good....but I don't go to meets with high expectations. lol You can only expect to have so much fun from standing around in a parking lot(or under bleachers). I got to park in the vendor area in the shade so that was nice as well.

However, I DO think they should have had the drag strip open and let people run all day. That would've taken the meet to another level of awesome.

Hermin
07-30-2012, 12:05 PM
I thought it was good....but I don't go to meets with high expectations. lol You can only expect to have so much fun from standing around in a parking lot(or under bleachers). I got to park in the vendor area in the shade so that was nice as well.

However, I DO think they should have had the drag strip open and let people run all day. That would've taken the meet to another level of awesome.

x2. opening the strip would of atleast made the meet fun.

chaseamundo
07-30-2012, 12:14 PM
Thats the main reason i went.... Then come to find out the track was not even open. Bullshit. I guess thats what i get for assuming.

1civic
07-30-2012, 12:31 PM
They are not willing to spend that kind of money!! It was about profit, not about people enjoying the event.. ;)

RandomGuy
07-30-2012, 01:20 PM
Went here instead: http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/car-pics/330702-atlanta-motorsports-park-amp-track-day-%7C-forged-performance-7-29-12-a.html

Had a GREAT time

1civic
07-30-2012, 01:32 PM
Merge IA into a drag racing event and double the attendance..

chaseamundo
07-30-2012, 01:49 PM
Went here instead: http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/car-pics/330702-atlanta-motorsports-park-amp-track-day-%7C-forged-performance-7-29-12-a.html

Had a GREAT time

This looks way more fun IMO

quickdodgeŽ
07-30-2012, 04:56 PM
Why even change the venue?

The race track in Nashville closed down.

I had fun, it's always nice to get away from the same cars we see in the ATL and see some new innovative rides.

I was going to go for this very reason. I don't go to many meets here because it's the same stuff. I do go just to see people.

I see no point running state to state looking at the same beat up bullshit I can see at any varsity meet, and that's free!!

Not even close to NOPI. I'd say it's much better. And much, much cheaper. Also, you DON'T see the same stuff at a car meet 2 states away that you see at the Varsity. Later, QD.

oreign
07-31-2012, 12:08 PM

you can't possibly compare the cars that show up to IA with Varsity tier cars. it's not possible.

chaseamundo
07-31-2012, 12:11 PM
Thats true^