1civic
07-21-2012, 08:13 PM
Discuss....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9yhgW7WRpU

Sinfix_15
07-21-2012, 08:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1qtv7uKUlY&feature=player_detailpage#t=1s

07-21-2012, 08:53 PM
Saw the vid the other day. Nice car and a 10.4 is defiently nice too. Only thing is his use of the N word like A MILLION Damn times but all i saw was hispanics. Now of course they or their buddies would say "what's the big deal with him saying nigga every other word of his fragments/sentences".... I would say "oh so if I called him/them u know what every other word then they would get mad" right? Seem like A cool dude thou.

07-21-2012, 08:55 PM
Oh! I did notice the little Midnight ATL sticker on the car but in the LAST few seconds of the vid when he went up the street the Midnight ATL sticker wasn't there anymore.... Did u notice that bobby?

Camrazy2102
07-21-2012, 09:12 PM
My Niggaahhhhh!!!

1civic
07-21-2012, 11:01 PM
Yeah, That dude would get on my nerves in person, I can only handle that word in every other sentence.. :P

And that's the big dudes car, FTW fuels is getting big, Miller is making that money!!

That car is just nasty, 10.4 is only what they want you to know.. I'm sure it's faster, and that is a street class they run!

Vteckidd
07-22-2012, 12:32 AM
All that money in a civic and talks like a guy with a 3rd graders IQ

silversol
07-22-2012, 02:45 AM
12 mins of talk and no race. Im soo glad im out of hondas I dont get called a nigger every 30sec at muscle car meets.

dimer4life
07-22-2012, 03:44 AM
MAN I was about to yank my hair out listening to that guy! Using the N word must be the cool thing to do nowadays since I see a lot of people that aren't black using it LoL. I think northerners like talking so much more shit than down here though LoL.

07-22-2012, 06:01 AM
10.4 is only what they want you to know.. I'm sure it's faster, and that is a street class they run!

Naw man. Dudes like those guys who like to brag like that would tell u if it ran a 10.39,10.38,10.37 etc etc.... They couldn't hold that Shit back no matter what they say.

1civic
07-22-2012, 07:48 AM
Naw man. Dudes like those guys who like to brag like that would tell u if it ran a 10.39,10.38,10.37 etc etc.... They couldn't hold that Shit back no matter what they say.

But in the video he was calling out a car that ran 10.0... etherway that 10.4 is just sick!!

And I will have to ask Morris about the shirt, seems they were all about Miller in the video...lol

Echonova
07-22-2012, 08:06 AM
Mah Nigga

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j402/Echonova2/denzel-training-day_z7http.jpg

07-22-2012, 12:32 PM
And I will have to ask Morris about the shirt, seems they were all about Miller in the video...lol

Not the shirt, Tue sticker.... They were all about Miller weren't they...lol

doombastic
07-22-2012, 01:15 PM
Mah Nigga

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j402/Echonova2/denzel-training-day_z7http.jpg

rofl......

1civic
07-22-2012, 03:10 PM
Not the shirt, Tue sticker.... They were all about Miller weren't they...lol

I see now, sticker gone at the end... I can't keep track of them guys, they switch sides to much.. But even then Yosolo used to tune for OTL in the older video's..

Same guy in the this video, and without the "N word" ever other word..lmaooo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zUVKXUDhKs

1civic
07-22-2012, 03:12 PM
Some OLT vs Midnight.. More shit talk at the end!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiwSpAKCTfw

Echonova
07-22-2012, 05:52 PM
Some OLT vs Midnight.. More shit talk at the end!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiwSpAKCTfwShit is two years old.

1civic
07-22-2012, 07:09 PM
I was just showing the Guy in video from my OP.. Their team is OTL!

OneSlowGTO
07-22-2012, 07:36 PM
I just did a shot for every time he said "my nigga" I'm drunk

tnomud
07-22-2012, 09:39 PM
i got blueballs watching that

Vteckidd
07-22-2012, 10:31 PM
i HATE how they call EGs BUBBLES. its so annoying

Apex i ITR
07-22-2012, 11:03 PM
I was just showing the Guy in video from my OP.. Their team is OTL!

LOL....people still have "teams".

Tell me they're teenagers.

Apex i ITR
07-22-2012, 11:04 PM

I also hate when people call them EGG's.

stretch
07-22-2012, 11:15 PM
bobby this car was tuned by midnight ATL. we made 334hp with that car. then he wanted to change the header, put ITBs and use FTW fuel. Morris didnt wanna tune with the FTW fuel so they went behind our back and let miller tune the car instead of flying morris in for the retune. so miller tuned the car for them and it made 352hp with all the upgrades and it went Kaboom today

*EFilliated*
07-22-2012, 11:35 PM
Lol. Fucking Steve

tnomud
07-23-2012, 12:57 AM

I have a Breakdance Crew and I am almost 40!

07-23-2012, 04:15 AM

Man where's the SUPER like button at for this comment! I have NEVER EVER liked that Shit! It's a FUCKING EG hatch. Not a "BUBBLE".... I swear some people just try to make Shit sound cool but end up sounding stupid.

07-23-2012, 04:44 AM
bobby this car was tuned by midnight ATL. we made 334hp with that car. then he wanted to change the header, put ITBs and use FTW fuel. Morris didnt wanna tune with the FTW fuel so they went behind our back and let miller tune the car instead of flying morris in for the retune. so miller tuned the car for them and it made 352hp with all the upgrades and it went Kaboom today

Lol!!! HELL Naw! Allllllll that "my nigga" Shit dude was talking and his Shit blew up?... Lol. Did he even get to race "Showtime"??.... I bet they wish they stuck with you and morris now huh.....lol!

07-23-2012, 04:46 AM

No, THEY still have teams.. lol

DarKStaR
07-23-2012, 10:48 AM

Oh wow

chaseamundo
07-23-2012, 11:24 AM
My IQ dropped watching those videos.

1civic
07-23-2012, 04:00 PM

That sucks, Guess that explains why the sticker was gone at the end of the video, huh?

1civic
07-23-2012, 04:08 PM
No, THEY still have teams.. lol

Wanna be on my team? I'll drive, you can change my tire!! LOL

Edit:

p.s I have followed these video's for a long time, I don'tt know these people.. I just like to follow what others have, or what others are doing in different parts of the US.. The OP was not posted to bash anyone, the numbers those cars make, and what they can run motivate me, so I continue to watch their videos.. :cheers:

justnprsh07
07-23-2012, 09:29 PM
i like the car and the first start of the viid, until they started talking. Then i just cut it off smh.. but seeing it come together motivates me a little

stretch
07-24-2012, 12:30 AM
That car has a lotttttttttt of money into it. We worked with that car for a long time up until now, and now after it blew up they are already calling back. No hard feeling towards them, but they are on their own right about now. As far asvthe car blowing up, i think its the FTW fuel. It's a great product but can be very dangerous (as we can all see) . Miller is the creator of this fuel and itvworks wonders for other people e.g Speedfactory, world record holders, But they tuned it themselves. We tuned that car for the last 3 yrs and it just kept getting faster n made more power. But I believe they were trying to make a point here to us, which obviously backfired. Morris drove that car to a 10.6 before when it made 334hp. Parts from that car is now for sale BTW just in case anyone need Ballin ass parts. It's being parted out.....;)

stretch
07-24-2012, 12:39 AM
As far as the "team" thing is concerned, there is nothing wrong with having a race team. Believe it or not they are one of the strongest all motor teams in street racing in NY. I know them personally, and yes they are young, yes they say "my nigga" a lot, all us new yorkers do. But one thing I can say is that they put their money where there mouth is and they actually race. Win lose or draw they race. And I commend them for that

stretch
07-24-2012, 12:45 AM

Once again u are wrong. The car races for money, so irrespective of wat is posted, one will never know the true number. Anytime u see anyone put numbers out its because that's the power level they will be running at the next track event. Street race, different story

Hermin
07-24-2012, 12:56 AM
lol @ all of the people talking shit about how the guy talks. atleast hes wants to race their car, not bench race.

justnprsh07
07-24-2012, 06:10 AM
That car has a lotttttttttt of money into it. We worked with that car for a long time up until now, and now after it blew up they are already calling back. No hard feeling towards them, but they are on their own right about now. As far asvthe car blowing up, i think its the FTW fuel. It's a great product but can be very dangerous (as we can all see) . Miller is the creator of this fuel and itvworks wonders for other people e.g Speedfactory, world record holders, But they tuned it themselves. We tuned that car for the last 3 yrs and it just kept getting faster n made more power. But I believe they were trying to make a point here to us, which obviously backfired. Morris drove that car to a 10.6 before when it made 334hp. Parts from that car is now for sale BTW just in case anyone need Ballin ass parts. It's being parted out.....;)

10.6 with 334hp? Are they on a dog box? And where can I get ahold of some of these parts?do they have a part out threat somewhere? I'll buy the skinnies right now

stretch
07-24-2012, 03:36 PM
[QUOTE=justnprsh07;39432513]10.6 with 334hp? Are they on a dog box? And where can I get ahold of some of these parts?do they have a part out threat somewhere? I'll buy the skinnies right now[/QUOTE

he is selling the whole shell for 5k slicks, skinnies, etc, everything, . no it doesnt have a dog box, thats bout the only thing it didnt have. and yes it ran 10.6 with 334hp morris driving. i can post the video if u like.....lol

1civic
07-24-2012, 04:28 PM
[QUOTE=justnprsh07;39432513]10.6 with 334hp? Are they on a dog box? And where can I get ahold of some of these parts?do they have a part out threat somewhere? I'll buy the skinnies right now[/QUOTE

he is selling the whole shell for 5k slicks, skinnies, etc, everything, . no it doesnt have a dog box, thats bout the only thing it didnt have. and yes it ran 10.6 with 334hp morris driving. i can post the video if u like.....lol

5K with the blowed up motor/tranny included.. I bet that bitch is light too..:goodjob:

1civic
07-24-2012, 04:30 PM
And 10.6, I can be-leave that.. Morris can drive when he's not missing 2nd!! lol... :P

justnprsh07
07-25-2012, 05:56 AM
That's tempting... I would like to find out some details on what it would come with

07-25-2012, 04:16 PM
Once again u are wrong. The car races for money, so irrespective of wat is posted, one will never know the true number. Anytime u see anyone put numbers out its because that's the power level they will be running at the next track event. Street race, different story

No man I'm sorry u are wrong. If that car ran anywhere closer to 10 flat or a 9.99 it WOULD be known. Sorry to tell you man for all that will never know our true number crap its not worth 2 cents. Just like everyone knows showtime true numbers(track) they'd would know this "TEAM" numbers as well.... As said before... They couldn't hid that Shit no matter what they or you say... Sorry man.....

And btw, yes all u new York guys say my nigga or nigga but stretch I can stand/be around u all day and not get irritated... That dude would just straight up piss me off.... But to HELL with him, CONGRATS on Ur CDL again man:goodjob:

Vteckidd
07-25-2012, 04:43 PM
Stretch are you saying they DE-TUNE their cars for the track? I dont know if i buy that.

I think if a car makes 3XX on a dyno thats what they are running on the street or close to it. Its not so easy to detune and NA car. Turbo cars different story, they can turn the boost down easily.

DarKStaR
07-25-2012, 05:43 PM
I think he is saying they are not giving all its got at the track..

07-25-2012, 07:06 PM
I think he is saying they are not giving all its got at the track..

And joey stretch is waay smarter than that to say some STUPID Shit like that...... Who in the HELL would run a 10.4 at the track when thier car could run a 9 sec pass??(NA wise) If you're "sandbagging" like that so noone would know the truth about Ur car at the track why in the HELL run a 10.4 in the first place!!???? Why not push it enough to run mid-high 11's???? Why push it that close to its potential if Ur trying to sandbag!??

These are SIMPLE questions that ANYONE can ask and should enjoy the lame/dumb/retarded answer that follows....

h22 jones
07-25-2012, 07:23 PM
nice car , nice times, and who cares if he was or wasnt sand bagging lol. Ill hit you up tomorrow joey :)

DarKStaR
07-25-2012, 07:32 PM
And joey stretch is waay smarter than that to say some STUPID Shit like that...... Who in the HELL would run a 10.4 at the track when thier car could run a 9 sec pass??(NA wise) If you're "sandbagging" like that so noone would know the truth about Ur car at the track why in the HELL run a 10.4 in the first place!!???? Why not push it enough to run mid-high 11's???? Why push it that close to its potential if Ur trying to sandbag!??

These are SIMPLE questions that ANYONE can ask and should enjoy the lame/dumb/retarded answer that follows....

I hear what you are saying. But at the same time that was the first time out with the new setup....how many times have you seen someone go out and run a PB first trip out on a new setup?

nice car , nice times, and who cares if he was or wasnt sand bagging lol. Ill hit you up tomorrow joey :)

ok sounds good

stretch
07-26-2012, 08:52 AM
Stretch are you saying they DE-TUNE their cars for the track? I dont know if i buy that.

I think if a car makes 3XX on a dyno thats what they are running on the street or close to it. Its not so easy to detune and NA car. Turbo cars different story, they can turn the boost down easily.

Wat I'm saying is that the car in this post actually made 365hp. I can say that now because he selling the car n it blew up. But just a little ed-ju-macation for yall ATL boys(lol). When u street race a car in the street usually u bring it to the track to test it and dial it in. In doing so we run N/T as to not show times. And if people show numbers, its before they finished tuning to their final number, hence this video. It's not sandbagging, its hustling.
Gregg, where should i start with you. But in NY we don't street race from a roll for $50 like yall do here. We usually race for 1k and up. Slicks on, from a DIG! I understand yall do it differently, so I'm just informing u on our differences. That is all for street racing 101. Next class starts after the next question.....lol

Vteckidd
07-26-2012, 09:10 AM
ahh i that makes more sense, i must have just misunderstood what was said. I didnt even watch the video , i made it past the 34th use of the N word and shut it off.

A lot of the old school muscle car guys do that here, they race N/T so as to hide their times, and if you see a time you know its not what the car is capable of. So youre saying the time you are seeing displayed in the video isnt what the car is capable of for this reason.

No one does that here because the street racing import scene was never that big, and they never raced for big money so there was no reason to hide anything.

David88vert
07-26-2012, 09:10 AM
N/T doesn't keep people from knowing your time.
Down here, real racing is from a dig also, but most grudge racers run RWD, not FWD.
You might want to go to CGR to get some races setup.
Grudge Racer - Home (http://carolinagrudgeracer.proboards.com/index.cgi)

Vteckidd
07-26-2012, 09:11 AM
But in fairness, the difference between a 10.5 car and a 10.2 car on the street isnt much LOL

stretch
07-26-2012, 10:24 AM
ahh i that makes more sense, i must have just misunderstood what was said. I didnt even watch the video , i made it past the 34th use of the N word and shut it off.

A lot of the old school muscle car guys do that here, they race N/T so as to hide their times, and if you see a time you know its not what the car is capable of. So youre saying the time you are seeing displayed in the video isnt what the car is capable of for this reason.

No one does that here because the street racing import scene was never that big, and they never raced for big money so there was no reason to hide anything.

I need to start going down to see the muscle car guys to set something up. At the track though, grudge race. Can't street race no more , I got CDL now

stretch
07-26-2012, 10:32 AM
N/T doesn't keep people from knowing your time.
Down here, real racing is from a dig also, but most grudge racers run RWD, not FWD.
You might want to go to CGR to get some races setup.
Grudge Racer - Home (http://carolinagrudgeracer.proboards.com/index.cgi)

Give me some more info on this place ur talking about

07-26-2012, 10:51 AM
Wat I'm saying is that the car in this post actually made 365hp. I can say that now because he selling the car n it blew up. But just a little ed-ju-macation for yall ATL boys(lol). When u street race a car in the street usually u bring it to the track to test it and dial it in. In doing so we run N/T as to not show times. And if people show numbers, its before they finished tuning to their final number, hence this video. It's not sandbagging, its hustling.
Gregg, where should i start with you. But in NY we don't street race from a roll for $50 like yall do here. We usually race for 1k and up. Slicks on, from a DIG! I understand yall do it differently, so I'm just informing u on our differences.

Well man i guess thats the REAL difference between u NY guys and us down here. We(imports, V8 guys are different i.e zosick) dont feel the need to hustle you in a race. Straight up is where its at. So what if he showed 352 in the vid but really made 365. If his car was fast enough to beat showtime it would beat it regardless of the 13whp diff from the vid. 13whp diff wont mean shit if he were losing by a half a car or more anyway. Yes, 13whp more is very good for NA but in speed excess of 95-130mph+, its not enough to make a difference.

But since ur giving class stretch i have question number 2 for you...................

If car A is going 115mph @352whp(na)(showtime) and is ahead by a half a car and car B is going 123mph@365whp(manny OTL) and are 1250ft into the 1320ft race, how much longer or how many more ft does car B need to pull out a WIN, when wind drag, and velocity comes into play???

07-26-2012, 10:55 AM

:goodjob:

07-26-2012, 10:57 AM
But in fairness, the difference between a 10.5 car and a 10.2 car on the street isnt much LOL

Not much at ALL meaning if the 10.2 car miss a gear or spin a little to0 much that .3 of a second wont mean shit hence the 10.5 car making 352whp and the 10.2 car making 365whp.... understand now stretch?

Vteckidd
07-26-2012, 11:05 AM
when youre making 13whp at those power levels, its almost insignificant. Its like comapring a 800whp Civic to a 750whp civic. Theres almost no difference.

Instead of making more power at that point, youre better suited to gearing changes, slick/skinny setup, drag (air resistance) setup, etc. IMO of course. But ive never owned a car NEAR that fast.

stretch
07-26-2012, 11:15 AM
[QUOTE=112480;39433186]Well man i guess thats the REAL difference between u NY guys and us down here. We(imports, V8 guys are different i.e zosick) dont feel the need to hustle you in a race. Straight up is where its at. So what if he showed 352 in the vid but really made 365. If his car was fast enough to beat showtime it would beat it regardless of the 13whp diff from the vid. 13whp diff wont mean shit if he were losing by a half a car or more anyway. Yes, 13whp more is very good for NA but in speed excess of 95-130mph+, its not enough to make a difference.

But since ur giving class stretch i have question number 2 for you...................

If car A is going 115mph @352whp(na)(showtime) and is ahead by a half a car and car B is going 123mph@365whp(manny OTL) and are 1250ft into the 1320ft race, how much longer or how many more ft does car B need to pull out a WIN, when wind drag, and velocity comes into play???[/QUOTE

Gregg u have a lot to learn. Mph tells u wat the car is capable of and wat they SHOULD be running. Lot of other variables will determine if they run wat they should or not. And yes, believe me when I say that 13hp in an all motor car is a big difference. To talk about wind and velocity to me is redundant, because we have 2 cars that are aerodynamicaaly different. Did u know the white hatch (bubble) in this video has a full aluminum under cover?. Gregg, don't watch YouTube then come on here with all that lip bruh bruh...LOL... These are people I know personally and car we work on for real. Moving to Alabama didn't help ur IQ any, u need to come back home to ATL bruh.......lol.....jk

Vteckidd
07-26-2012, 11:32 AM
Wind resistance is kinda hard to determine, its not like these guys are renting a wind tunnel at Lockheed Martin and making changes. But stuff like stretch is mentioning like the aluminum under covers, the bumpers with holes in them are proven to work on most setups.

My point was at that power level its not about 5-10 more WHP , its probably more about chassis setup and gearing.

07-26-2012, 11:33 AM
Gregg u have a lot to learn. Mph tells u wat the car is capable of and wat they SHOULD be running. Lot of other variables will determine if they run wat they should or not. And yes, believe me when I say that 13hp in an all motor car is a big difference. To talk about wind and velocity to me is redundant, because we have 2 cars that are aerodynamicaaly different. Did u know the white hatch (bubble) in this video has a full aluminum under cover?. Gregg, don't watch YouTube then come on here with all that lip bruh bruh...LOL... These are people I know personally and car we work on for real. Moving to Alabama didn't help ur IQ any, u need to come back home to ATL bruh.......lol.....jk

Only problem is, mph was just an example. I can use another terminology if u like. Doesnt matter how u shake it, 13whp is not enough difference for car B to pull out a WIN in the example i gave u above.... but i like how you dodged the question TEACHER!....lol and wind and velocity might be redundant to you but unfortuanetly for you they are TWO BIG,REAL AND CONSISTANT FACTORS espeacially at those speed and that close to the 1320ft mark!

Vteckidd
07-26-2012, 11:35 AM
well, IF ALL THINGS ARE EQUAL, meaning same car, same driver, same redline, same powerband, same drag coefficient, same everything, take 2 identical cars, 2 identical drivers, and drive 2 IDENTICAL ways, then yes the car with 13whp SHOULD win cause usually more whp=more TQ (whp is a function of TQ).

But that is rarely the case.

07-26-2012, 11:38 AM
Wind resistance is kinda hard to determine, its not like these guys are renting a wind tunnel at Lockheed Martin and making changes. But stuff like stretch is mentioning like the aluminum under covers, the bumpers with holes in them are proven to work on most setups.

My point was at that power level its not about 5-10 more WHP , its probably more about chassis setup and gearing.

This is true but wind resistance at those speeds with that aluminum under cover stretch spoke about does tie in alot at those speeds at that range which is on your list of chassis and gearing so from that aspect the under cover is more helpful for them than the extra 13whp. I gave stretch those examples because he reffered to the whp diff in the vid vs what the car actually made and hence why i gave my example in the mph term only just for him :)

07-26-2012, 11:39 AM
well, IF ALL THINGS ARE EQUAL, meaning same car, same driver, same redline, same powerband, same drag coefficient, same everything, take 2 identical cars, 2 identical drivers, and drive 2 IDENTICAL ways, then yes the car with 13whp SHOULD win cause usually more whp=more TQ (whp is a function of TQ).

Damn right its RARELY the case, if mother nature has anything to say about it....LOL!

Vteckidd
07-26-2012, 11:45 AM
well ive never owned a car that fast to REALLY know or care. The most i ever cared about was Final Drive and overall chassis weight, but i never test and tuned my car ever at at a track. I always just messed with it on the street.

I cant imagine the setup that goes into a car with that kind of power

stretch
07-26-2012, 12:15 PM

Thanks vtecckidd. This should answer greggs question. I'm not dodging ur question sir, but all variables would have to be the exact same to get those results, so no need to elaborate on that.

07-26-2012, 12:25 PM
Thanks vtecckidd. This should answer greggs question. I'm not dodging ur question sir, but all variables would have to be the exact same to get those results, so no need to elaborate of that.

:goodjob:

David88vert
07-26-2012, 02:10 PM
Give me some more info on this place ur talking about

There are several tracks here in the south that grudge races are regularly run at. The more well-known local ones are:

Headhunter Dragway - Eatonton - www.headhunterdragway.com (http://www.headhunterracetrack.com/)
Phenix Dragstrip - Phenix City - PhenixDragStrip;PhenixMotorsports,PhenixCityDragSt rip (http://phenixmotorsports.com/)
Twiggs / Macon National Drag - Macon National Dragway (http://maconnational.com/)
Carolina Dragway / House of Hook (HOH) - Carolina Dragway - The House Of Hook - Jackson SC (http://houseofhook.com/)

There are also large events held at Silver Dollar (GA), SGMP (GA), and Steele (AL). Let me be clear though - the slowest class generally is bracket, and they run as slow as 7.50. The heads up classes run from low 4's up to mid 6's in the 1/8. Anything else is bracket at the bigger races.

There are also some small hole-in-the-wall tracks like Camp Hill (AL), LaGrange (GA), and Brainerd (GA), that might be more the action that you might be looking for.

I gave you a link earlier to Carolina Grudge. You should familiarize yourself with the local scene, so you know who can help you setup your races.

1civic
07-26-2012, 03:37 PM
1/8 tracks suck..

stretch
07-26-2012, 03:41 PM
There are several tracks here in the south that grudge races are regularly run at. The more well-known local ones are:

Headhunter Dragway - Eatonton - www.headhunterdragway.com (http://www.headhunterracetrack.com/)
Phenix Dragstrip - Phenix City - PhenixDragStrip;PhenixMotorsports,PhenixCityDragSt rip (http://phenixmotorsports.com/)
Twiggs / Macon National Drag - Macon National Dragway (http://maconnational.com/)
Carolina Dragway / House of Hook (HOH) - Carolina Dragway - The House Of Hook - Jackson SC (http://houseofhook.com/)

There are also large events held at Silver Dollar (GA), SGMP (GA), and Steele (AL). Let me be clear though - the slowest class generally is bracket, and they run as slow as 7.50. The heads up classes run from low 4's up to mid 6's in the 1/8. Anything else is bracket at the bigger races.

There are also some small hole-in-the-wall tracks like Camp Hill (AL), LaGrange (GA), and Brainerd (GA), that might be more the action that you might be looking for.

I gave you a link earlier to Carolina Grudge. You should familiarize yourself with the local scene, so you know who can help you setup your races.

well at least 3 of us honda guys here in ATL have cars with the potential of running mid 6s in the 1/8. An thats myself, Matt Stover and Jason (blownhatch). but ar ethere any 1/4 miles tracks in any of the list u just gave me?

1civic
07-26-2012, 03:44 PM
We have 2 1/4 tracks in GA that I have been too.. What he listed is 1/8 besides (HOH)

Commerce and Reynolds..

And 6's are not enough stretch in the 1/8 at the tracks he listed.. :(

stretch
07-26-2012, 06:33 PM
We have 2 1/4 tracks in GA that I have been too.. What he listed is 1/8 besides (HOH)

Commerce and Reynolds..

best believe if i can dial my car in to run mid 6s in the 1/8th the 1/4 is gonna be fantastic. if u know anything about me bobby u know i like to compete, and dont just compete WHEN I KNOW I WILL WIN. it called gambling and its fun at the same time. ima look into it

1civic
07-26-2012, 07:12 PM
best believe if i can dial my car in to run mid 6s in the 1/8th the 1/4 is gonna be fantastic. if u know anything about me bobby u know i like to compete, and dont just compete WHEN I KNOW I WILL WIN. it called gambling and its fun at the same time. ima look into it

The 1/8 comes before the 1/4 so yes you're right... I just hate that we have no local tracks, gotta drive for TNT.. :(

All I was sayin about the 6's in the 1/8 is the guys who run thoses events and gamble like David posted run low 5's, and even 4's now.. It's a trip to watch.. I went a coupe of times and had a blast, but no gambling for me.

I will look up some video's of the local guys that I can remember running.. I'll post what I find!

DarKStaR
07-26-2012, 07:25 PM
you missed a 1/4 mile track bobby.....SGMP

And if you go by numbers that those cars are showing(showtime and otl) showtime has only ran 10.8 :P

1civic
07-26-2012, 08:07 PM
Macon aka (Twiggs) I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=zQSMkt2D2BU

HOH (S) (Carolina dragway)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q9NMQu6KSA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc3hK9MXlQY&feature=related

Eatonton aka (Headhunter dragway)

COUPE PERFORMANCE SHUT IT DOWN....SHUT UP & RACE PROMO JULY 14 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkgit_7lk_Q)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUx_Te6PkVI&feature=related

Paradise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBEe5jEUI7w&feature=related

Buick in Paradise, dragstrip that is. - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxaRcqodYoY&feature=related)

1civic
07-26-2012, 08:14 PM
I do not follow much on the v8 guys anymore, but I'll always watch something fast run, no matter what it is running down the track .. :)

David88vert
07-26-2012, 09:16 PM
well at least 3 of us honda guys here in ATL have cars with the potential of running mid 6s in the 1/8. An thats myself, Matt Stover and Jason (blownhatch). but ar ethere any 1/4 miles tracks in any of the list u just gave me?

There are (3) 1/4 mile tracks in GA: Atlanta Dragway (Commerce), South GA Motorsports Park (SGMP in Adel), and Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds.
There are a couple of 1/4 mile track in Alabama though that aren't very far: Montgomery Motorsports Park and Alabama International Raceway (Steele).
Don't forget that Cecil County Dragway is in Maryland, I-40 is in Tennessee, and Rockingham (The Rock) is in North Carolina. All are within decent range.

Commerce and Reynolds..

Correct, 6's won't be enough for the fast guys, but you can always find someone to run and beat at any track.

Most grudge racing is 1/8th mile, as the top end speeds are too much for 1/4. A lot of these guys are running 7's and 8's in the 1/4, which requires a lot more safety gear. Most of the guys running are on 28x10.5, or 275 DRs.

I suggest that you go to a few local events and check the scene, and see where you can get action. The local 1/8 tracks are where most of the action is, and most of the wagers are at those. This is where you can run to the small 1/8 track and negotiate for races.

There are 3 major grudge races in GA during the year.
Duck holds 1 in late Feb at SGMP, and another in Sept 28-30 again at SGMP. More at : http://www.duckxxx.com/
Mark Samples holds one at Silver Dollar in July (it just happened).
Additionally, Monty Mikho holds one at Cecil County Dragway, Rising Sun, Maryland, August 31 - September 2nd, 2012. Payout is Rules: http://cecilcountydragway.com/pdfs/2012outlawstreetcarshootout.pdf

These are major events with major prize money. All of the biggest grudge cars are there, and the best racing in the country happens at them.

A sample of the type of cars there:

http://youtu.be/TZG1wjnwESc

stretch
07-26-2012, 11:19 PM
There are (3) 1/4 mile tracks in GA: Atlanta Dragway (Commerce), South GA Motorsports Park (SGMP in Adel), and Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds.
There are a couple of 1/4 mile track in Alabama though that aren't very far: Montgomery Motorsports Park and Alabama International Raceway (Steele).
Don't forget that Cecil County Dragway is in Maryland, I-40 is in Tennessee, and Rockingham (The Rock) is in North Carolina. All are within decent range.

Correct, 6's won't be enough for the fast guys, but you can always find someone to run and beat at any track.

Most grudge racing is 1/8th mile, as the top end speeds are too much for 1/4. A lot of these guys are running 7's and 8's in the 1/4, which requires a lot more safety gear. Most of the guys running are on 28x10.5, or 275 DRs.

I suggest that you go to a few local events and check the scene, and see where you can get action. The local 1/8 tracks are where most of the action is, and most of the wagers are at those. This is where you can run to the small 1/8 track and negotiate for races.

There are 3 major grudge races in GA during the year.
Duck holds 1 in late Feb at SGMP, and another in Sept 28-30 again at SGMP. More at : http://www.duckxxx.com/
Mark Samples holds one at Silver Dollar in July (it just happened).
Additionally, Monty Mikho holds one at Cecil County Dragway, Rising Sun, Maryland, August 31 - September 2nd, 2012. Payout is Rules: http://cecilcountydragway.com/pdfs/2012outlawstreetcarshootout.pdf

These are major events with major prize money. All of the biggest grudge cars are there, and the best racing in the country happens at them.

A sample of the type of cars there:

http://youtu.be/TZG1wjnwESc

Great info guys. I been to paradise once with my hatch before it crashed. The owners had asked me to come back there to race with them but never made it. I'll check it out first since it the closest to me

justnprsh07
07-27-2012, 06:02 AM
I personally enjoy the 1/8th... It's not as hard on the car and I have one 5min from my house, and like stated before if u can't run the 1/8th u can't run the 1/4th. Down here in phenix city there is nothing but grudge racers. We got anything from 10.5 radial cars running high 4s, scooters that run 7s, diesel trucks in 6s, bikes in 3s, and even quite a few promods on the reg. Its only $5 to get in, race all night and if u want to take your minivan down the track while drinking a beer everyone will Cheer u on. Street scene really suck down here "horribly"

tnomud
07-27-2012, 06:57 AM
FWIW: I have dyno'd/tuned 200+ different vehicles. Its a rare occasion when a high HP car duplicates its number on two different dyno pulls. IE: most cars will vary a few WHP from pull to pull, or dyno to dyno. 13WHP is almost insignificant and within the margin of error on a 300-400WHP car. And a 350WHP car is making more than that moving down the track as well.

1civic
07-27-2012, 08:27 AM
I'm not a fan of these stance'ed civic's that eat tires once a month, and only have a single cam.. SMH!!

Street scene sucks everywhere in Atlanta, except Moreland... bahahaha!!

1civic
07-27-2012, 10:27 AM
:thinking: WHY?.....:gay: Impractical, umm yes!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dqImDc0el4

justnprsh07
07-27-2012, 03:00 PM
Stance = fucking gay... Just sayin

stretch
07-28-2012, 09:33 AM
FWIW: I have dyno'd/tuned 200+ different vehicles. Its a rare occasion when a high HP car duplicates its number on two different dyno pulls. IE: most cars will vary a few WHP from pull to pull, or dyno to dyno. 13WHP is almost insignificant and within the margin of error on a 300-400WHP car. And a 350WHP car is making more than that moving down the track as well.

Where do u tune and wat kind of cars do u tune? Dynojet?......not tryin at all to be rude buy I don't recognize the screen name that's why I'm asking. Also don't understand wat u mean when u say 13hp is insignificant from car to car. Once again, not trying to be rude or not bashing. Just trying to understand

Vteckidd
07-28-2012, 09:56 AM
Where do u tune and wat kind of cars do u tune? Dynojet?......not tryin at all to be rude buy I don't recognize the screen name that's why I'm asking. Also don't understand wat u mean when u say 13hp is insignificant from car to car. Once again, not trying to be rude or not bashing. Just trying to understand

hes saying 13whp doesnt mean much when you are talking about 300-400whp NA Hondas.

Hes also saying that most dynojets dont duplicate numbers back to back accurately. Car can make 350 on 1 pull and 340 the next. Dynojets are the most inaccurate dynos out there, Load bearing are the most accurate.

Hes right

stretch
07-28-2012, 10:54 AM
hes saying 13whp doesnt mean much when you are talking about 300-400whp NA Hondas.

Hes also saying that most dynojets dont duplicate numbers back to back accurately. Car can make 350 on 1 pull and 340 the next. Dynojets are the most inaccurate dynos out there, Load bearing are the most accurate.

Hes right

Ok I get wat he is saying, and true he is right. But that's not the convo at hand though. That's why I was asking wat the correlation between wat he said and wat we are talking about. And his statement about a car that makes a certain hp on the dyno will run be making more going down the track isn't necessarily true. There are certain variables that determines that. And I don't agree that 13hp is insignificant in 300-400hp ALL MOTOR honda...

Apex i ITR
07-28-2012, 12:09 PM

Hes right

I disagree. They are industry standard and the hardest to manipulate numbers (correct me if I'm wrong). And there are more variables when dynoing on different dyno's different days. Temp, alt, etc.

Those numbers are sick for NA Honda's.

I can see someone sand bagging their quarter mile run if their main intention is street racing and winning big money.

My uncle used to street race up there (Grand Nationals). he said those boys race for pink slips as well. Y'all crazy up there.

stretch
07-28-2012, 01:14 PM
I disagree. They are industry standard and the hardest to manipulate numbers (correct me if I'm wrong). And there are more variables when dynoing on different dyno's different days. Temp, alt, etc.

Those numbers are sick for NA Honda's.

I can see someone sand bagging their quarter mile run if their main intention is street racing and winning big money.

My uncle used to street race up there (Grand Nationals). he said those boys race for pink slips as well. Y'all crazy up there.

Exactly my point

Vteckidd
07-28-2012, 02:33 PM

Its wildly accepted in the industry that Dynojets are the WORST tuning machines you can use. Its not even in dispute. Its fact. The only reason why Dynojets are everywhere is because they are the cheapest.

The Load bearing dynoes like Forged Performance has (dyno dynamics) which run upwards of $70-100k are much more preferable. They make tuning a car much easier as you can tune individual load columns and tune for peak TQ, Dynojets you cant do that with accuracy because they are an inertial dyno.

I think stretch is saying the same thing just in a different way. 13whp matters, every whp matters. But when you get to cars making 300-400whp NA, i think the idea is that 13whp doesnt make or break a car winninig a street race?

I dont know ive never owned a car that powerful or even seen one .

stretch
07-28-2012, 02:53 PM
Its wildly accepted in the industry that Dynojets are the WORST tuning machines you can use. Its not even in dispute. Its fact. The only reason why Dynojets are everywhere is because they are the cheapest.

The Load bearing dynoes like Forged Performance has (dyno dynamics) which run upwards of $70-100k are much more preferable. They make tuning a car much easier as you can tune individual load columns and tune for peak TQ, Dynojets you cant do that with accuracy because they are an inertial dyno.

I think stretch is saying the same thing just in a different way. 13whp matters, every whp matters. But when you get to cars making 300-400whp NA, i think the idea is that 13whp doesnt make or break a car winninig a street race?

We to be honest mike, none of the cars making 300+hp NA are street racing. At that point they say its to much to lose. Majority of the NA cars are in the 240-290hp range, and I know for a fact that at this power range on the STREET every hp counts and weight is also very important also.

Apex i ITR
07-28-2012, 06:10 PM

In the Evo world they love Mustang Dyno's but get the least amount of BS numbers from Dynojets due to people messing with CF other crap to make the numbers higher then they really are.

Irrelevant really. For a N/A Honda to put down 300 anything on a Dyno Dynamics, Mustang or DJ is impressive (I know the DD and the MD read lower so 300 on it would be more on a DJ).

Stretch next time I'm in GA I'd like to come to the shop and check you guys out. Thinking about building something for my son in the next year or 2.

1civic
07-28-2012, 09:42 PM
I don't care if that bitch made 250hp NA, it still ran a 10.4.... I know 10hp or 100lbs you will feel, NA Honda's are another ball game, and unless you have done it, or doing it, then you really would not understand..

I say fuck a dyno, if it runs good on the street or at the track then who cares what a dyno said it made.. ;)

If you wanna prove a point, or set a record on the dyno cool, but the real racer will have the tuner at the track!!

Vteckidd
07-28-2012, 10:05 PM
You use both if you're smart.

Vteckidd
07-28-2012, 10:07 PM
And most people don't tune at the track. It takes $1000 in equipment to do it right.

I would bet any import event only the top Turbo cars MIGHT be data logging during runs

David88vert
07-28-2012, 10:46 PM
You use both if you're smart.

He's not smart.

1civic
07-28-2012, 10:50 PM
And most people don't tune at the track. It takes $1000 in equipment to do it right.

I would bet any import event only the top Turbo cars MIGHT be data logging during runs

Agreed, but why even go to the track with a dyno tune? Yeah it's safe, but is it what the car needs..

Bottom line is if you wanna win, be competitive, etc the tuner will be there collecting data, and making changes.. Always a cost!!

Do we do that, naw... Most of us can't afford it!

1civic
07-28-2012, 10:53 PM
He's not smart.

And you claim to be?

You have 4 more cylinders, and a SC.. Can you run a 10.4? Do you even know what 10hp means in a Honda.. Seems your fat ass jumps in like you know the Honda scene, but do you really know? Please school me in HONDA's.. If not GTFO!!

1civic
07-28-2012, 11:09 PM
Still waiting DAVID.................................

Whatever you're looking up online is taking to long!!

School me in one thing on a Honda motor, and stay on topic!!!!!!

Wanna talk Mustangs go make a thread, wanna talk about wealth go make a thread, and if you wanna talk about education, GO MAKE A THREAD!!

1civic
07-28-2012, 11:19 PM

FAIL David88vert!!

Fucking moron, don't reply after this cause it only shows how much of a fucking troll you are!!

stretch
07-29-2012, 01:16 AM
In the Evo world they love Mustang Dyno's but get the least amount of BS numbers from Dynojets due to people messing with CF other crap to make the numbers higher then they really are.

Irrelevant really. For a N/A Honda to put down 300 anything on a Dyno Dynamics, Mustang or DJ is impressive (I know the DD and the MD read lower so 300 on it would be more on a DJ).

Stretch next time I'm in GA I'd like to come to the shop and check you guys out. Thinking about building something for my son in the next year or 2.

Sure man anytime. Pm me for my number when u ready. Ur always welcome to come by

stretch
07-29-2012, 01:22 AM

I datalogg everytime we at the track, no matter all motor or turbo. And we tune our cars on the dyno and then make changes at the track according to conditions or if we wanna turn the power up. But datalogging is the only way to get the data needed to get better and faster going down the track
Remember, my tuners is ALWAYS next to me, dyno or track....even at the strip club......hahahahahaha

Vteckidd
07-29-2012, 09:14 AM
I wasn't including you . I have raced at ISD and IFO

Nobody in all motor was data logging or tuning shit at the track. With the exception of you and a small group of people I doubt that's changed

1civic
07-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Get your hustle on!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IwbgluDz2Q&feature=channel&list=UL

1civic
07-29-2012, 12:02 PM
I wasn't including you . I have raced at ISD and IFO

Nobody in all motor was data logging or tuning shit at the track. With the exception of you and a small group of people I doubt that's changed

We don't have any serious racers down here.. I'm sure if any of the other racers in other states have seen the events we have they would laugh.. It's really a shame, but all you can do is continue showing support for what you enjoy, in hopes that things will turn around.. :(

boosted347
07-29-2012, 12:21 PM
We don't have any serious racers down here.. I'm sure if any of the other racers in other states have seen the events we have they would laugh.. It's really a shame, but all you can do is continue showing support for what you enjoy, in hopes that things will turn around.. :(

Agreed bobby

1civic
07-29-2012, 12:28 PM
I can understand why people don't come anymore, hell I caught shit for the times I ran, but I still won.. I can not help the with the amount of people that show up, and I really had no clue what my car would do.. :(

How would I know unless I show up right??

P.S

I feel with the trends going on right now that people lost the idea of going fast only to go low and slow!!

Each to their own, I guess.. SMDH!!

stretch
07-29-2012, 12:28 PM

well for things to change it first have to start with us. some people in this scene are real racers and some of us do some half ass bolt some shit on a motor and say they racing. honestly, the mind frame of most racers here sucks, and thats wat killing the scene. ATL got it backwards. Stance people should do stance and race people should race, cause they dont go together. i saw a car at IA last year with the wheels tucked waaaaaaay up under the fenders back and front, camber out this world, but yet he had a top mount turbo setup with a side exit downpipe. DUDE, U CAN KILL URSELF, ITS NOT SAFE, AT ALL!!!!!!!. then u have the racers now that build a full blown race car with baller parts, one piece front end, big turbo, top mount ,etc ,etc, and tell u they only wanna make 400hp when their setup is capable of 6xx-7xxhp. their excuse is that they spent to much money so they dont wanna break the car, which half of them still break anyway. and they drive this full blown racecar to all the car meets and pop their hoods and say "yea we doin it". in my opinion thats backwards. u want a show car or a everyday driving car, then build a budget clean SAFE setup and its all good. If ur going all out tp spend the money to do it right, then build it right, tune it right, make some power and come support the scene like a few us out here do. It shouldnt be the same cars everytime putting on a show, or the same set of people.
just recently we had donnie come out the wood works with his crx and did a great job at the last event. congrats to him, they did very well. but this should be every event. every event someone should come out and put on a show and help build this sport. the ratio is fucced up. its 3% racers and 97% spectators. in my opinion, thats wats killing the sport in ATL.......ok im done.....:)

1civic
07-29-2012, 12:36 PM
Stretch, you sir are correct.. It all starts with those who show up!! Some of us just can't afford to build full blow race cars.. And most everyone in ATL wants to drive these cars daily.. It does not go hand in hand, you can not have both.. You can have a nasty street car, but it will never be a daily..

As for the stance bull shit, I can hardly comment, it don't take rocket science to see that a car with that amount of neg camber is not safe to drive!!

stretch
07-29-2012, 01:12 PM
Stretch, you sir are correct.. It all starts with those who show up!! Some of us just can't afford to build full blow race cars.. And most everyone in ATL wants to drive these cars daily.. It does not go hand in hand, you can not have both.. You can have a nasty street car, but it will never be a daily..

As for the stance bull shit, I can hardly comment, it don't take rocket science to see that a car with that amount of neg camber is not safe to drive!!

i really hope it changes though. i like to see the stance cars and i have quite a few customers that are in to the stance thing, so im not bashing it at all. just wanna see the racing scene grow. this is very discouraging. every year, every event, less and less shops come out with a race car and to compete. Midnight ATL Performance, Mainstream Performance, MSS Racing (even though Matt is independent and not a shop), Southern Speed, thats all i can remember right now. We have a lot of shops in ATL, where is everybody at. Even the kills forum on IA has gone to shit cause aint nothing to talk about cause aint nobody doing shit. and when the people who actually doing something get on here and post something, they get bashed and criticized by a bunch of sideline keyboard not doing nothing ass wanna be racers. This shit makes me wanna say fucc it sometimes. its pathetic

Apex i ITR
07-29-2012, 03:29 PM
Damn homie......tell us how you really feel. LOL.

You can have a nasty borderline race car and drive it daily but you have to make sacrifices. Depending on the platform you may have to more more sacrifices then less.

*EFilliated*
07-29-2012, 06:55 PM
One day things will change...

07-30-2012, 06:00 AM
Strecth has finally spoken the truth:yes::goodjob:

07-30-2012, 06:03 AM
Yo bobby and vteckidd, at what point do u guys think our scene turned into this stance bullshit?? Was it after the BIG Chicken meets? Or the southside Sports Authority meets?

1civic
07-30-2012, 10:29 AM
It's coming from the VW crap overseas, and moved from Cali here.. Ether vteckidd timed it right or it was a hell of coincidence, but that next year after he stopped posting the scene just went away almost, since then it has turned into this mess we have now.. That's how it seems to me!

I don't follow the meets, and I don't support IA, that shit is another Nopi (IMO), and I will not agree with the bullshit kids are doing right now.. This punk style, wack-ass stretching of tires has went to far.. Now it's a givin that the cars look much cleaner as for the paint, and color choices, but when I see wheels that don't fit, spacers or some insane camber it just kills it for me!!

And since I'm on a rant, I have watched these cars jump 2k in price for some reason.. Fuckin dicks think a single cam hatch is worth 4k cause it has rims.. WTF man!! And when you see a swapped car which needs paint and body work they want 6K... SMDH!!

Crazy shit, but I keep building, supporting, and driving what I love.. ;)

Vteckidd
07-30-2012, 11:48 AM
Ether vteckidd timed it right or it was a hell of coincidence, but that next year after he stopped posting the scene just went away almost, since then it has turned into this mess we have now.. That's how it seems to me!

I think I just got lucky to get out at a time when it was right. I think i had a hand in marketing and promoting the street racing because when i worked for MSPi i was always on the boards. No one really took that over when I got out of it, not in the same capacity. Im arrogant about 1 thing , and that is my ability to market and promote and push an idea. No one was better than me when i promoted for shops and what i did online for the industry. I know that is a supremely arrogant thing to say, but thats just how i feel.

Makes me wonder if i wasnt destined to be a writer.

Stretch, youre in the south, everyone who is as serious as the up NOrth boys about street racing, runs a V8. Thats why the NA Honda scene here is so decimated and weak. There are just better alternatives if you REALLY wanna go fast. Youll never find street racing down here like you did up there. The shops dont really care to be into it because they care about collecting a paycheck, not going to jail. Or they would rather go Track Racing or Drifting. Drag Racing just died around 2005-2006.

The stance thing is a fad, and unlike our generation, this generation is full of follow the leaders.

Bobby youre not a follower, youll go do your own thing to prove a point. Thats how i was, thats how stretch is, thats how james is, thats how Chunky is. We dont build our cars to be like everyone else, we built them because its what we wanted. This generation has to get a virtual PAT ON THE BACK from their friends and thats why we have so many cookie cutter cars that exist now. Going fast is not important to them because it doesnt get them noticed.

Vteckidd
07-30-2012, 11:51 AM
Yo bobby and vteckidd, at what point do u guys think our scene turned into this stance bullshit?? Was it after the BIG Chicken meets? Or the southside Sports Authority meets?

i dont remember any of those because i never went to "meets". THe only meet i really attended was the old FUDD meets thrown by Import Lounge up on the northside by Wild Bills. I went to NOPI like 3 times and it was mostly for work.

I would say the STANCE thing bled in from the 240 crowd around the 2006 mark.

1civic
07-30-2012, 11:54 AM
I agree, you picked a hell of a time to dip out..

jadakid88
07-30-2012, 12:28 PM
well stated...maybe you are destined..
I think I just got lucky to get out at a time when it was right. I think i had a hand in marketing and promoting the street racing because when i worked for MSPi i was always on the boards. No one really took that over when I got out of it, not in the same capacity. Im arrogant about 1 thing , and that is my ability to market and promote and push an idea. No one was better than me when i promoted for shops and what i did online for the industry. I know that is a supremely arrogant thing to say, but thats just how i feel.

Makes me wonder if i wasnt destined to be a writer.

Stretch, youre in the south, everyone who is as serious as the up NOrth boys about street racing, runs a V8. Thats why the NA Honda scene here is so decimated and weak. There are just better alternatives if you REALLY wanna go fast. Youll never find street racing down here like you did up there. The shops dont really care to be into it because they care about collecting a paycheck, not going to jail. Or they would rather go Track Racing or Drifting. Drag Racing just died around 2005-2006.

The stance thing is a fad, and unlike our generation, this generation is full of follow the leaders.

Bobby youre not a follower, youll go do your own thing to prove a point. Thats how i was, thats how stretch is, thats how james is, thats how Chunky is. We dont build our cars to be like everyone else, we built them because its what we wanted. This generation has to get a virtual PAT ON THE BACK from their friends and thats why we have so many cookie cutter cars that exist now. Going fast is not important to them because it doesnt get them noticed.

1civic
07-30-2012, 12:33 PM
And Mike is only a talker, don't blow his head up to much!!

He could sell my granny's poodle, that's about it! :doh:

Later!

1civic
07-30-2012, 12:36 PM
FUCK YO STANCE!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTIF_YMMBvY&feature=g-all-u

1civic
07-30-2012, 12:39 PM
Bring that shit to the ATL damnit!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-x_gsyg3Es&feature=g-all-u

1civic
07-30-2012, 12:41 PM
Merge IA into a drag event and watch it blow up!!

Market that Mike and get rich bitch!! ;)

stretch
07-30-2012, 12:54 PM
Bring that shit to the ATL damnit!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-x_gsyg3Es&feature=g-all-u

Midnight ATL Performance will be there, front and center.....:)

Vteckidd
07-30-2012, 12:54 PM
Merge IA into a drag event and watch it blow up!!

Market that Mike and get rich bitch!! ;)

IA makes a KILLING. I know for a fact they make between $15000-20000 per event.

I doubt IFO or ISD clears that kinda cash.

I tried to advise nopi they didn't wanna listen either.

Vteckidd
07-30-2012, 12:55 PM
If you guys are serious we should meet and talk about doing something next year.

1civic
07-30-2012, 01:13 PM
Why not have something like a Honda day? You get the best of both crowds, make money and have fun.. I'm no marking guy, but someone should inform the guys doing IA, that they could double their attendance (profit) by adding drag racing!!

They fucked up bad at this last event, WHY have a event at a drag strip and not rent the track? bahahahah, their mistake cause I'm sure people where mislead thinking the track would be open.. SMH!!

1civic
07-30-2012, 01:15 PM
Midnight ATL Performance will be there, front and center.....:)

Well you get me a plane ticket and I will come line cars up, my shits to slow to race..lol

Vteckidd
07-30-2012, 01:21 PM
Why not have something like a Honda day? You get the best of both crowds, make money and have fun.. I'm no marking guy, but someone should inform the guys doing IA, that they could double their attendance (profit) by adding drag racing!!

They fucked up bad at this last event, WHY have a event at a drag strip and not rent the track? bahahahah, their mistake cause I'm sure people where mislead thinking the track would be open.. SMH!!

because they still probably pulled in 15-20K. They dont care. Adding drag racing doesnt make money for them, its not their crowd. Their events are starting to get old and stale because its the same thing over and over again, i suspect they will have to change it up.

Theres nothing wrong with a car show, its what makes money. But they need to offer incentive to people like you and other people who are into racing so they want to go.

NOPI had a shot at doing it this year, but i bet their show will FAIL, ive heard nothing good about anyone going.

My idea would be to throw a better show, make the money, and use that to fund the drag racing event later on in the year when people want to go.

07-30-2012, 01:29 PM

I said the samething,but i heard before the event that it was put out their for intrest in drag racing at the track and noone replied. So for them its like why pay all this extra money to rent the track and nobody would give them a response on if they wanted to race or not. BUT yet these stupid ass young kids will want to street race that night just because they didnt want to pay the extra$10 or so to race at the track.....

So lets see, you dont want to pay an extra $10 to race at the 4 LANE TRACK but u will risk paying $500+ in racing fines and getting ur car impounded etc etc if the cops catch you!!!??? Yea, these stance boys are REAL smart....lol

Maybe next year IA will get the response they want to race at the track. That is the ONLY way that event will get bigger.. think about it.... 10,000 cars at a Show AND Drag race event!! Shit would be bigger than Honda Day,IREV,events at MIR etc etc!!

1civic
07-30-2012, 01:29 PM
Nopi blew it, and I'll be pissed if people go back.. SMH!

IA has the ball and the profit now, merge that show into a drag racing event!!

Turn the circle jerk into another worth wild event, that's my 2cents!!

Vteckidd
07-30-2012, 01:38 PM
THey need to market the drag racing to mimmick street racing. Thats why the north events are so popular. NO ONE wants to go watch a bunch of 14-18 second hondas race and wait an hour to run once.

They need to break it into classes that make sense. Promote it as a grudge match. Get local shops involved to go head to head. theres 1000 ways to make it better.

Vteckidd
07-30-2012, 01:39 PM
they need people out at Barrett and other local meets promoting it. ANd keep it CHEAP

1civic
07-30-2012, 01:48 PM
Fuck man, get me support!! I will rep the shit, and draw #'s to the event.. I hate to copy what's going on in the north, but why not have a day in which people can come show their car, sell their parts, and RACE!!

Can't lose, just takes money like anything else!

I can come up with other names beside Honda Day.. Hell I always thought "Race Wars" sounded good, but my lack of education prevents me, not that I'm dumb, just never promoted, or done marketing.. :(

1civic
07-30-2012, 01:51 PM
Look at the amount of people...:boobies:

Stretch what are the turn outs like? How many ruffly, and what's the winnings?? I know they give away a fucking car, so it must pull some crazy profits..:yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9phT0YKcGz0&feature=plcp

1civic
07-30-2012, 02:00 PM
If you guys are serious we should meet and talk about doing something next year.

Stretch and Morris have the connections from up North, and I'm sure any of the shops in Ga will support!!

And if you can add prize money, and even parts to give away it will make it worth wild for those to come..

Giving away a car is just nuts, but that would draw #'s from all over!! :)

1civic
07-30-2012, 02:07 PM
Fucking IA dropped the ball, I mean they where at the track, had 4 lanes to race on, but did nothing... WOW!!

Rewind that shit, and market IA with the racing on 4 lanes!!

Can you say Cha-Ching!!!

tnomud
07-30-2012, 02:33 PM
STANCED = CAN'T GO FAST It's very similar to when all the fat kids started getting into Korn and EMO Back in the 90's, because it was the only group of people that wouldn't goof on them.

1civic
07-30-2012, 02:59 PM
Kind of like the skinny jeans, why are dudes trying to fit in some chicks jeans?... *face palm*

stretch
07-30-2012, 03:02 PM
Bobby honda day draws a sell out crowd even with no give aways. honda day is a car show, drag race, wet t-shirt contest, dj playing music all day, vendors from all the stores u see online live and in person setting up booths and selling parts, vendors selling all those stickers and jdm shirts for all who are into that stuff. u also have NYCE1s, iamtaiboogie, and the rest of the video geniuses who shoot all those videos u watch on youtube live and in person. its just a whole other atmosphere there.
Vtecckidd i had an event like this in the works already, but i wasnt gonna say anything til Morris and myself put all the pieces to the puzzle correctly. ive been playing with the idea for bout 2 yrs now, but i just dont see where its worth it. i can host and event and have big names come down here to participate, REAL FAST CARS. people yall watch on youtube every day. i can get nyce1s down here in a heartbeat to shoot an event if its worth it. we can get fast cars from up north, we can get ryan chin to come back down here,etc. BUT AT THE RATE THE SCENE IS GOING IT JUST AINT WORTH THE HEADACHE FOR ME OR MORRIS TO DO!!!!!!..... we have enough headcahe here as is . If ATL step up and show that they want the drag racing scene to evolve, a good team effort could get it done, Vtecckidd included.
Mike u know i hate to tell u that ur right, but now i see why u walked away from the scene when u did. its beginning to not even be worth it. Even the performance shop around dont even come to the track anymore, its almost like a complete waste of time. I WONDER IF I GO AROUND AND TALK SHIT AND PISS EVERY IMPORT SHOP OFF THEY WILL COME OUT JUST TO SHUT ME UP??????....HAHAHAHAHA........ not even worth it.
Bottom line is, all we wanna do is race and put on a good show for people when they come out, but the scene has no support, its like beating a dead horse. My new car that im building is almost done. But i built this car according to TRUE STREET rules, so i can travel with the car to events that are worth it, that have support. this shit is getting worse here every year.

stretch
07-30-2012, 03:07 PM
and as for turnout at this event Bobby. the last honda day we were there at ATCO RACEWAY was sold out be 11:30 and set the record for the highest attenance at a drag racing event for that venue...FYI

*EFilliated*
07-30-2012, 03:22 PM
that shit was packed. haha

here is a video from my phone to give you an idea

CCC vs Supertech integra @ HONDA DAY 2012 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX20n_FEs9w&feature=relmfu)

nelson9995
07-30-2012, 04:22 PM
I lived in both NYC and Providence, RI and can tell you guys that HUGE groups of people travel from RI to NJ which is about a 4-5 hr drive depending, just to go to this event.

Vteckidd
07-30-2012, 04:23 PM
Thats why NOPI used to be so big, it drew in people from EVERYWHERE.

I think Atlanta could do the same, and draw people from Florida(HUGE racing scene), Alabama, TN, SC and NC

nelson9995
07-30-2012, 04:28 PM
I know someone that traveled from Miami ALL THE WAY to TN for IA last year.

Sir_Christopher
07-30-2012, 04:34 PM
if Atlanta held something like this, I'm sure lots op people would join, and give people reason to build their cars! which could also lead in, sponsors aiding, getting more products from high end companies sold, and parts sold! i mean who wouldn't want to do that?

in all honesty, this sounds like an amazing idea, and i would wish it would pull through!

stretch
07-30-2012, 05:11 PM
if Atlanta held something like this, I'm sure lots op people would join, and give people reason to build their cars! which could also lead in, sponsors aiding, getting more products from high end companies sold, and parts sold! i mean who wouldn't want to do that?

in all honesty, this sounds like an amazing idea, and i would wish it would pull through!

i admire ur enthusiasm, but it wont happen. for the mere fact that in the "A" 90% of people dont believe in paying for anything. Its not a $10 entry fee its $20 or $25. Sponsors dont just come like that. its takes a lot to get sponsors nowadays, especially in the import scene. i can post tons of videos right now of people doing it big in the race scene out of there own pockets. but it is hard here. U post something for sale here and ask $250, the first response u get is "wats the bottom dollar u will take for it". Or the best one yet, " ill trade you 2 sheep and a 5 comic books for it". That mentallity is plaguing the scene stance and race both, but the race scene more than anything. Even though i see stance cars out here with $3000 wheels and stock motor with a ebay turbo kit making close to stock power....just sayin

Sir_Christopher
07-30-2012, 05:19 PM
i admire ur enthusiasm, but it wont happen. for the mere fact that in the "A" 90% of people dont believe in paying for anything. Its not a $10 entry fee its $20 or $25. Sponsors dont just come like that. its takes a lot to get sponsors nowadays, especially in the import scene. i can post tons of videos right now of people doing it big in the race scene out of there own pockets. but it is hard here. U post something for sale here and ask $250, the first response u get is "wats the bottom dollar u will take for it". Or the best one yet, " ill trade you 2 sheep and a 5 comic books for it". That mentallity is plaguing the scene stance and race both, but the race scene more than anything. Even though i see stance cars out here with $3000 wheels and stock motor with a ebay turbo kit making close to stock power....just sayin

i understand what you're saying, and to think about it, you are 100% correct! which is sad! but hey, one can dream, and thats how shit gets started, and motivated. i wish i had money to pay out of pocket lol!

but im still saving up for body work, paint and a tune lol!

07-30-2012, 07:19 PM
Damn stretch, you verbally telling the truth like this is making it sader and sader...lol... :(

Apex i ITR
07-30-2012, 07:20 PM
IA makes a KILLING. I know for a fact they make between $15000-20000 per event.

I doubt IFO or ISD clears that kinda cash.

I tried to advise nopi they didn't wanna listen either.

Mr. Bill is too old to listen to anyone. The Mikes are the other issue. One Mike is too busy blowing money and the other mike is all about the dollar and nothing else. Bobby Evans is caught in the middle.

Apex i ITR
07-30-2012, 07:32 PM
Texas 2K seems to be an event to go to these days.

Stretch is speaking truth. This generation of car enthusiast is all about cheap. Lowball to get what you want, slap you car together. Follow the hottest trends. Honda guys (true Honda guys) get unfairly labeled when it comes to this mentality. When I was into Honda's it just seemed like a different time (Gregg you remember from back in the day). Now its not about loving what you do but riding the next trend into the ground for respect from other people.

I could give a FUCK what the next man thinks about my shit. I do what i do for me. And I think we all had that mentality. Times done changed.

I think instead of IA I will be making the pilgrimage to TX2K next year. Seems way more exciting. I missed IA in Charlotte but had planned to go.....looks/sounds like i didnt miss much.

1civic
07-30-2012, 08:50 PM
and as for turnout at this event Bobby. the last honda day we were there at ATCO RACEWAY was sold out be 11:30 and set the record for the highest attenance at a drag racing event for that venue...FYI

We had a scene, NOPI was insane, and pulled record numbers for attendance... I'm only using Honda day as an example, and I know if the Nopi folks would listen they could pull it off, Nopi was a "fad", trend, lifestyle for a longtime.. Fuck dude everyone rocked the sticker..LOL

As we speak it would take a shit ton of money to pull off an event.. It would be worth it sure, 1 event once a year, bigger than anything!!

I could really care-less if someone takes my idea, so be it, I'll show up and support.. As for calling in the big doggs, I don't think it's needed..

Again I say look back at Nopi, Honda day came after Nopi.. ;)

Picture Atlanta motor speedway packed out cause it was.. 100K plus if I remember right!! WOW

Vteckidd
07-30-2012, 09:05 PM
It can be done, but it will take someone marketing and promoting the shit out of it, and getting people to buy in and believe its worth their while. People will spend money you just have to motivate them.

you just have to figure out the mentality of the people you are pitching too and find out what works. Its not hard. It wouldnt take a shit ton of money either. You gotta start small, try not to do to much. Car show/Drag race , if that goes well, grow it like any other business.

Vteckidd
07-30-2012, 09:08 PM
Mr. Bill is too old to listen to anyone. The Mikes are the other issue. One Mike is too busy blowing money and the other mike is all about the dollar and nothing else. Bobby Evans is caught in the middle.

whoever is NOPIMAN on here is a moron.

Bobby was just as much as the Myers brothers to blame for NOPIs demise, they refused to see the changes coming, and it bankrupted them. If they would have listened to employees that worked there that knew 100 times more than they did, things could have been better.

but they dont. They are locusts. They consume consume consume and refuse to give anything back to the people they have ripped off, lied to, and bled dry over the years. Thats why they are a joke.

1civic
07-30-2012, 09:08 PM
I was speaking of the cost to rent the track, ins, and cost to market the venue... Zmax would be nuts as a first event, but there is no telling how much the cost would be to have all 4 lanes running.. lol

1civic
07-30-2012, 09:21 PM
Idea's are good, take the shit and run with it.. I'll collect my % when it's over.. muahahahahaha!!

You have all year to plan an event, I say Nov just because it's cooler outside..

07-31-2012, 01:46 AM
Texas 2K seems to be an event to go to these days.

Stretch is speaking truth. This generation of car enthusiast is all about cheap. Lowball to get what you want, slap you car together. Follow the hottest trends. Honda guys (true Honda guys) get unfairly labeled when it comes to this mentality. When I was into Honda's it just seemed like a different time (Gregg you remember from back in the day). Now its not about loving what you do but riding the next trend into the ground for respect from other people.

I could give a FUCK what the next man thinks about my shit. I do what i do for me. And I think we all had that mentality. Times done changed.

I think instead of IA I will be making the pilgrimage to TX2K next year. Seems way more exciting. I missed IA in Charlotte but had planned to go.....looks/sounds like i didnt miss much.

Well said man and i Definitely want to go to one of The TX2k events. That IS the event to go too!! Espeacially with your car man..BUT...u MUST tread litely....lol.... Too many 1200whp+ cars rolling around that event... PLUS the infamous UGR guys!

Apex i ITR
07-31-2012, 11:39 AM
Well said man and i Definitely want to go to one of The TX2k events. That IS the event to go too!! Espeacially with your car man..BUT...u MUST tread litely....lol.... Too many 1200whp+ cars rolling around that event... PLUS the infamous UGR guys!

Yeah I'm not messing with any UGR Lambo's, Alpha anything Skylines or 900+ Supras but anything else below is fair game.

h22 jones
07-31-2012, 09:40 PM
why cant it be a dailey :)

1civic
07-31-2012, 10:01 PM

Hell you can just build anything!! It could be a moped even.. :P

h22 jones
07-31-2012, 10:03 PM
i really hope it changes though. i like to see the stance cars and i have quite a few customers that are in to the stance thing, so im not bashing it at all. just wanna see the racing scene grow. this is very discouraging. every year, every event, less and less shops come out with a race car and to compete. Midnight ATL Performance, Mainstream Performance, MSS Racing (even though Matt is independent and not a shop), Southern Speed, thats all i can remember right now. We have a lot of shops in ATL, where is everybody at. Even the kills forum on IA has gone to shit cause aint nothing to talk about cause aint nobody doing shit. and when the people who actually doing something get on here and post something, they get bashed and criticized by a bunch of sideline keyboard not doing nothing ass wanna be racers. This shit makes me wanna say fucc it sometimes. its pathetic

Whats the point in building a car who you going to race? Everybody wants to buy a bunch of high dollar parts and flash them around to look like somebody . They never get used trust me i know because i buy half of them for little of nothing .

People get to butt hurt on here also. Im sorry but shit talking is racing . Its part of it . If you ever heard me and bobby go at it you would never think that we bought parts from each other on a regular basis lol. Come to twiggs county any weekend strecth you will see all the shit talking and grudge runs for 10,000 that you want to see but it want be hondas lol. Ive been talking to donney about his build for about a year and helped casey as much as i could but i still plan on talking as much shit as i can to both of them as soon as im finished with th new setp. Then if i win or loose im going to ask them were they want to go eat and pay for it not try to fight . Thats racing go home make your shit faster dont get mad because somebody elses shit, is in the wrong class or has slicks and you dont . Buy some damn slicks lol. I cant count how many times ive busted my ass at the track changing cv joints and stuff just to red light (or leave my dad at the track lmao )and loose but i still do it because thats racing . Even when i dont win the feeling you get trying is worth it . Not riding down the track stanced so everybody can see your car lol. If you can drive prove it put your shit in the race. I mean luis didnt win but he went 12.8 with a bone stock h2b thats something to be proud of . He has that car set up right and im sure his next car will be a beast.

Before the scene died back when i was 21-22 everybody raced (street , track it didnt matter) If we was driving we was racing. I remember when steven blowed the head slap off his gsr but he ran a 10.9 roling through the light lol. Kids these days want to play video games instead of get there hands dirty. My nephews ask me how did you learn how to do so much. Because i got my ass out there and did it lol.

1civic
07-31-2012, 10:08 PM
Tru Story!! LOL......

h22 jones
07-31-2012, 10:09 PM
Hell you can just build anything!! It could be a moped even.. :P

I knew what you meant but figured id mess with you . So is zo sick geting all his money from stretch and morris at the strip club now? Is that what stretch meant about taking his tunner to the strip club ? jk

h22 jones
07-31-2012, 10:12 PM
I got hit with a 440 outlet at the base last week . I cant really sleep so im full of all kinds of shit lately lmao.

1civic
07-31-2012, 10:17 PM
I knew what you meant but figured id mess with you . So is zo sick geting all his money from stretch and morris at the strip club now? Is that what stretch meant about taking his tunner to the strip club ? jk

Zo just jumped ship!!

And I think that's where they hide at lately..:gay:

tnomud
08-01-2012, 08:02 AM

my DSM was in the 11's as a daily on the old motor, will still be a daily in the low 10's on this motor. My M3 is a gutted and caged Time Attack/standing mile car and I drive it to work on fridays.....

stretch
08-01-2012, 08:10 AM
Only mike Jones....... Hahaha......... Ass and fifties man, ass and titties.
As far as the cars being a daily comment. Any can can be a daily, or a weekend car. But if u have a bolt on stock motor eBay parts stanced car , keep ur racing comments n callouts to ur self. Guys with real cars ain't trying to hear that shot. Cause all they do is hype up a race that will never happen. I don't hate on people with these kind of cars eother, wat u like is wat u like, but there is a criteria for racing. So read the criterias carefully, if u fit then step up, if u don't THEN SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1civic
08-01-2012, 09:36 AM
Only mike Jones....... Hahaha......... Ass and fifties man, ass and titties.
As far as the cars being a daily comment. Any can can be a daily, or a weekend car. But if u have a bolt on stock motor eBay parts stanced car , keep ur racing comments n callouts to ur self. Guys with real cars ain't trying to hear that shot. Cause all they do is hype up a race that will never happen. I don't hate on people with these kind of cars eother, wat u like is wat u like, but there is a criteria for racing. So read the criterias carefully, if u fit then step up, if u don't THEN SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

criteria for racing, who races anymore.. bahahahah!!

Vteckidd
08-01-2012, 09:53 AM
Again, the culture will change when someone emerges and can sway people to the other side. Its going to take someone like Stretch who obviously has a shop and can get people interested in what they are doing.

until someone takes the reigns and really markets it well, the stance stuff will prevail because that is what is popular.

1civic
08-01-2012, 10:18 AM
Again, the culture will change when someone emerges and can sway people to the other side. Its going to take someone like Stretch who obviously has a shop and can get people interested in what they are doing.

until someone takes the reigns and really markets it well, the stance stuff will prevail because that is what is popular.

Well it's good that street racing is not as big as it once was, but building race cars is not something Atlanta is known for..

And I speak of the Honda scene mainly..

Even for me I try to build something that I can drive, not just race.. I enjoy drag racing, but also enjoy mountain runs, and autocross!!

Not everyone can afford to build and maintain a car for each sport they enjoy.. :(

As for the kids now, I do see them trying to build cars, but only to say they did it.. The cars are never used, and parted out within a year!!

Maybe the interest is not there for most of them, it's just to easy to slap on some coilovers with rims that don't fit just to stand out!!

I myself am the opposite, I'd much rather have a car that runs well than look good..

But I can do both, just get lazy and lose interest quickly i guess.. :(

Vteckidd
08-01-2012, 10:31 AM
ATL has always had cars that stuck out, you just never knew about them.

Back in 2002, Len had TODA everything for a ITR. Toda Cams, Toda ITBs, Toda Header, Mugen wheels, all kinds of shit and he was well known all over HT. IIRC his car made over 200whp at a time when cracking 200whp was unheard of in a 1.8L.

Ken Black R on here had EF hatch with ITR 5 lug, ATS FD, ITBs, Toda cams, Hytech header, i mean he had this shit back 10 years ago. He street raced a lot just not with the riff raf ricers.

JohnZM, Jensons 150shot nitrous GSR, my GSR CRX, my 2,0l, Bens TSX turbo, Chunkys motors, theres been TONS of cars that were on par or ahead of the rest of the country. The only difference is they had someone pushing and marketing it. No one does that now.

Personally, the street racing scene is so secretive its almost to its detriment. The thing you guys accuse me of being (a post whore) is what made me popular, and made certain aspects of the scene popular, and drew customers to the shops i worked for.

Its going to take someone doing something SIMILAR to what i did. Its going to take someone post whoring, marketing, pushing ideas, doing things differently, and getting people to buy into it. The only people i see really able to do that is Midnight, but no offense they dont seem interested in posting anything on here. The potential is HUGE, you realize theres NO HUGE Honda shops in atlanta anymore? Im surprised someone hasnt risen up and taken over .

1civic
08-01-2012, 10:39 AM
ATL has always had cars that stuck out, you just never knew about them.

Back in 2002, Len had TODA everything for a ITR. Toda Cams, Toda ITBs, Toda Header, Mugen wheels, all kinds of shit and he was well known all over HT. IIRC his car made over 200whp at a time when cracking 200whp was unheard of in a 1.8L.

Ken Black R on here had EF hatch with ITR 5 lug, ATS FD, ITBs, Toda cams, Hytech header, i mean he had this shit back 10 years ago. He street raced a lot just not with the riff raf ricers.

JohnZM, Jensons 150shot nitrous GSR, my GSR CRX, my 2,0l, Bens TSX turbo, Chunkys motors, theres been TONS of cars that were on par or ahead of the rest of the country. The only difference is they had someone pushing and marketing it. No one does that now.

Personally, the street racing scene is so secretive its almost to its detriment. The thing you guys accuse me of being (a post whore) is what made me popular, and made certain aspects of the scene popular, and drew customers to the shops i worked for.

Its going to take someone doing something SIMILAR to what i did. Its going to take someone post whoring, marketing, pushing ideas, doing things differently, and getting people to buy into it. The only people i see really able to do that is Midnight, but no offense they dont seem interested in posting anything on here. The potential is HUGE, you realize theres NO HUGE Honda shops in atlanta anymore? Im surprised someone hasnt risen up and taken over .

Some people just have no interest in posting things, I know I never did... AND Anymore you get bashed for the work you do!!

But again you are right, Morris, stretch, and james could post up some builds.. I know they do them, hell they don't have to post them, they have leg humpers that will.. I told Morris to market him self, get a page going, post pics, video's etc.. He travels everywhere to tune cars!!

I agree that when a movment is created it is by those who market what they do, be a post whore, show it can be done!

I come off as an ass on the internet that is why no one will like my posts..LOL, but it's all good.. I'll always have a car to talk shit with!!

1civic
08-01-2012, 10:48 AM
Do they try to copy what is over here?? :thinking:

Seems they mix in what's here and add to that..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=YWbvkyWVQM8

Vteckidd
08-01-2012, 10:54 AM
The flush an stance stuff comes from 2 places:

1- it comes from Drifting and 240s/rwd drift cars in Japan. Its always been like that.
2- the STANCE part came from VWs who have been doing it for 30 years.

We imitate them

1civic
08-01-2012, 10:59 AM

1- it comes from Drifting and 240s/rwd drift cars in Japan. Its always been like that.

We imitate them

Yeah, I thought so.. Just the chicks and dudes look like the kids i see now-a-days!! LOL

Vteckidd
08-01-2012, 11:05 AM
its become more of a CULTURE over here stateside, like parking lot meets. SOmething that doesnt happen in Japan. We are famous for taking their style, and making it generic and posing it.

the FWD stance thing is more VW, because no one in Japan has a honda if they are in the "car scene" because hondas are commuter cars. they dont see the point in modding them.

08-01-2012, 12:23 PM
because no one in Japan has a honda if they are in the "car scene" because hondas are commuter cars. they dont see the point in modding them.

Really? So what the hell was/is all this jdm shit been about for the last 6+ years?..lol... if not to "imitate" them??

08-01-2012, 12:30 PM

Honestly its gonna take more than stretch and morris and thier shop. I say that because when these guys came out they actually made wanting to build a car to race EXCITING again. They came with all that NY shit and "rap video"(as you said before mike) type vids on youtube advertising what they can do and you know what the shit was funny and exciting at the same time because no shop down here was doing that!! They were/are EXACTLY what we need in the race scene,BUT they have ben here for how long now and it STILL hasnt picked up yet.... I mean shit stretch and morris can only do so much. Shit i understand why stretch dont really wanna go through with any big plans to attemp to REVIVE or create a big ATL race scene(import wise)... NOT kissing thier ass at all, just telling it like it is.

08-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Mike Jones is 110% right about shit talking being a part of racing and ppl getting butt hurt over it. Shit i cant wait to be done with this house and credit shit so i can get to building my K turbo Drag car AND A k ALLMOTOR drag car as well. Shit i FUCKING MISS talking shit to mike jones. I MISS pissing stretch off and i miss making indirect side comments at bobby and KINDA miss Vteckidd being an asshole/devils advocate/critic about everything we say and do...lol!... Oh and I definetly miss Moseley,Chunky and ASSHOLE MAtt(05dc5) crew indirectly talking shit/thinking they are the best K crew in the south........

1civic
08-01-2012, 01:59 PM
I say fuck you all, my shit runs!!

COME AT ME BRO!!!!

nelson9995
08-01-2012, 02:03 PM
its become more of a CULTURE over here stateside, like parking lot meets. SOmething that doesnt happen in Japan. We are famous for taking their style, and making it generic and posing it.

the FWD stance thing is more VW, because no one in Japan has a honda if they are in the "car scene" because hondas are commuter cars. they dont see the point in modding them.

lol. you certainly have not seen any videos of Japan. There are MANY modded Hondas there just like there are here. Theirs are even uglier though lol.

08-01-2012, 02:05 PM
lol. you certainly have not seen any videos of Japan. There are MANY modded Hondas there just like there are here. Theirs are even uglier though lol.

Uglier??...Well thats shitty considering they have everything available to them(jdm shit) that America wants...

Vteckidd
08-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Really? So what the hell was/is all this jdm shit been about for the last 6+ years?..lol... if not to "imitate" them??

You realize their "jdm" is OEM right?

Vteckidd
08-01-2012, 02:51 PM

Have you ever imported cars? Owned a jdm car? Didn't think so.

Hondas are a joke in japan. They aren't popular. Go watch fucking option videos from 10 years ago. No one drove civic si or ITRs

They all drove s13/s14/evo/gtr/supra/soarer/ 86 etc. RWD is king in japan.

08-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Hurell... here ya go :yes: TX2K12 - TWO 1500hp TT Superlegera's -vs- 1400hp Supra -vs- Nitrous 1000RR - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRukjoJ5bdY).................... " its the sound of the underground, its the sound of the underground, its the sound of the underground"............................................ :goodjob::yes::yes:

08-01-2012, 06:40 PM
and another one... TX2K12 - 8 Second 2JZ S2000 Giant Wheelie! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evwQrchjQbM&feature=relmfu)

Apex i ITR
08-01-2012, 09:03 PM

THEY imitate them

Changed it slightly. LOL

Len and Black R are some old timers. I was running around with them with Typer R and then my Green hatch with an ITR motor. Those were the good old days. Things were simpler back then. Guy Sarapian, Eric Che, I'm trying to remember names.

Apex i ITR
08-01-2012, 09:05 PM

Funny enough those Honda guys imitate what they see as US style since in Japan its all standard for them anyway. Where we were looking to JDM fronts for ITRs they where looking to get the Acura Integra bug eye look.

B18c1Turboed
08-01-2012, 10:20 PM
What also makes the sport big is Shop grudges.Back in the day there where so many shops that had grudges against eachother, it helped the shops grow. THus having their customers spend money and make the scene bigger. Shoot when we used to go to the track we rolled 30-40 people deep. I guess all the young kids have grown up to adults now and put childish things behind them. Its hard to revive a sport when alot of people have sold cars or parted them out. The car count in Atlanta just isnt their any more like back in the day.

Vteckidd
08-01-2012, 10:29 PM
Funny enough those Honda guys imitate what they see as US style since in Japan its all standard for them anyway. Where we were looking to JDM fronts for ITRs they where looking to get the Acura Integra bug eye look.

i remember seeing a UK magazine that had a car on the front that had the USDM FRONT END lol dude actually sought out our US front end and sold his JDM front end. POcketed like $2000 US at the time.

Whats your name?

Hell Tom Hornsbys car was light years ahead of what anyone was doing back then, or Cory Garcias hatch.

Going back to Gregg , its going to take someone who actively takes the reigns and starts showcasing what they can do. I believe Stretch and Midnight have everything that Mainstream had in its heyday (A tuner, honda customers, big power to make) etc. They just need to market themselves better IMO. Mainstream still does a ton of work, but they dont put it out there like they did when i was there. Same with BG which has all but disappeared.

The only shop that REALLY markets well, is FORGED IMO. They dont care to sell anything on here cause everyones broke, but on other boards they are VERY active.

stretch
08-01-2012, 10:49 PM
i remember seeing a UK magazine that had a car on the front that had the USDM FRONT END lol dude actually sought out our US front end and sold his JDM front end. POcketed like $2000 US at the time.

Whats your name?

Hell Tom Hornsbys car was light years ahead of what anyone was doing back then, or Cory Garcias hatch.

Going back to Gregg , its going to take someone who actively takes the reigns and starts showcasing what they can do. I believe Stretch and Midnight have everything that Mainstream had in its heyday (A tuner, honda customers, big power to make) etc. They just need to market themselves better IMO. Mainstream still does a ton of work, but they dont put it out there like they did when i was there. Same with BG which has all but disappeared.

The only shop that REALLY markets well, is FORGED IMO. They dont care to sell anything on here cause everyones broke, but on other boards they are VERY active.

I tried working with IA, still waiting for them to get back to me. But honestly speaking , not bashing, the scene on this site is dead. I users to support everyone and for the most part I still do, but the scene is dying. It's almost not worth it anymore. Wat other home guy or shop take their 750hp Honda to dunk days just to show and spice up the event........that would be Midnight.......wat shop or individuals besides Stover goes to every event and have multiple cars........Midnight........who has been winning all motor pro with a bone stock bottom end car even beating built cars.......Midnight........etc. wat has it gotten me? Nothing more than "hey man ur care is sick" or damn yall build some good motors" or damn that guy morris can tune his ass off. Everybody wants to spectate nowadays, and nobody wants to participate. Bell we about to go all the way to Honda day with the black hatch next week. I'm doing wat I can with wat I have, buy the sceneacks interest in my opinion......

nelson9995
08-01-2012, 10:54 PM
All my Rhode Island friends are already excited and ready (hotel and all) for Honda Day.

08-02-2012, 02:59 AM

Whats your name?

His name is Hurell Mike. He used to work at Nopi along with the rest of us. He had a white 96-97 ITR back in 99 when I met him and i had the Damn Chevy Z24 cavalier(his cousin Rob black GSR was fast back then as well) and then he had a green eg hatch(clean ass FUCK) with a jdm ITR swap with the 4.7fd(am I correct hurrell?) This was back when Tom hornsby had his black eg hatch when he had the GSR swap b4 him(tom) and this guy/mechanic name Ted(down at Acura/Honda Specialist in Jonesboro) got a full wreck ITR and Tom took the motor out of it and put it in HIS black hatch and ran a 13.9 on street tires that night at Reynolds.... Now this was back in 99-00 when we went down there ALOT!

P.S HURELL, remember when we raced that night, me in the z24 cavalier and u in Ur ITR back in 99? Remember how I had Ur ass even WITH Rob blocking me before we got on the highway :yes: ..... I shouldn't have gotton cocky and slowed down for u, I should've kept going lol... I mistake the ITR for all the 99 Si's I was beating at the time....lol...ahhhhh..... The good ol days......

Apex i ITR
08-02-2012, 10:22 AM
Whats your name?

Yup name is Hurell.

My 98 ITR was one of the first with a Apex'i N1 exhaust and Bronze Volk SE-37K's (At the time I don't think anyone was rocking Bronze and everyone told me it would look stupid, it looked dope as fuck). I sold it and got a green hatch back that had a JDM 98 ITR motor/trans and Toda everything in it (Before Len did it). I had the weird cam locking up issue and trashed that motor just dailying and driving to work. I sold the Toda setup to Dave Blankenship and came out with enough cash to buy a brand new ITR longblock from Len and Craig at Baranco Acura.

Around the time I was building my Hatch Tom was building his silver hatch with all new stuff. We actually raced at Silver Dollar. he got me by a few tenths since his hatch was a gutted CX (Or VX can't remember) and I had a JDM interior SI. I started putting together a turbo kit for my car (Spearco IC and SFP manifold) and lost my job and had to be an adult so I sold the car to a kid in TN. I loved that car. It was SO reliable after swapping the new ITR motor in there. I think I was the only one to buy a Trust exhaust (from Takakaira.com) and then a JICMagic exhaust. I used to be all over honda-tech (and Honda-acura.net before they split).

Gregg you keep speaking of that night but I gotta be honest there was never a point I remember where your Z24 would get me unless you caught me slipping at a light or on the highway (Which was entirely possible). Hell Rob keeps telling me he beat me in his GSR and I tell him the same thing. Y'all Negro's have never beaten me. LOL. NEVER. And right now you won't either (This is gonna piss Gregg off). Remember when you and Lamar jumped me on the phone challenging the WHOLE EVO NATION. LOL.

I'm just fuckin with you. I'm too old to deal with speeding tickets and too tired of giving uncle sam my money. It takes a Vette or more for me to even risk a speeding ticket. If y'all think Atlanta is dead. Raleigh is barren. Seriously there is nothing out here. My wife has a pretty flashy 08 STi and its just her and I out here. from what I've seen. I may pass by one of their little Sonic meets but from what I gather its no better then the ones in GA. Nothing like a Varsity or North Gwinnett meet. No street racing as far as i can tell and although Rockingham isn't too far away I'm not motivated to go. I have grown man shit I'm working out and have come close to selling my car a few times because its just useless to have this kinda power in Raleigh (15+ is a misdemeanor, wtf).

I used to live on the southside (even though I was living in Austell the commute was murder). I worked part time at Nopi when I lost my system Analyst job at Georgia Pacific (they outsourced everything to India). Around that time TJ had his Yellow ITR, Craig had a cherry Prelude and then upgraded to a WRX, Len had his Black ITR, Ken with his Black ITR, Tom had his silver hatch (wife had the black Hatch with a swap), Mark had a sick EK after he wrecked/sold his Integra and had Advan's on there, Trey had a red EK. Hell I used to hang with Scott (God rest his soul) and Kisa and Ted and John since my wife was good friends with Kisa........there are a few others that had dope Honda's back in the day I'm forgetting but its slowly coming back. I won a trophy at Nopi for the highest HP 4 cyl. since no one else bothered (I think I put down 190). I got a check for 250 to spend at Nopi and a trophy and didn't realize it.

And On Forged. I know people they've screwed over car wise but the one thing you can't take away from them is that they have the R35 game on lock in the SE region. They started off using AMS but I think they are about to do their own thing. They are doing it big and I respect them for that. If you have anything then a R35......good luck.

B18c1Turboed
08-02-2012, 10:27 AM
No shop in Ga will ever make import racing big again. Back in the day their was 6 or 7 shops all wanting to be on top. Alot of those shops have switched to a different type of customers now. No offense but import people are cheap and I mean cheap. Why work on a Honda when u can work on a Lamborghini and make 5 time as much money and deal with people that have money to spend.
And stretch their are more cars in Ga capable of running 6s in the 1/8 besides the 3 you listed. I know of 5 hondas that can run it no problem but don't bring them out because what for their is no competition in Ga. It wi never be like it is up north here in Ga. People around here don't love the sport like up North do.

Apex i ITR
08-02-2012, 10:27 AM
Oh and Stretch a friend mine (Jamaican cat named Halex) is pretty cool with Morris. Always talks him up. Thats why I wanted to meet you guys. Seems like we kinda know a few of the same people. Towards the final months of living in Atlanta I didn't go out that much since i was too busy but I don't l know how we haven;t ran into each other yet.

Apex i ITR
08-02-2012, 10:31 AM
No shop in Ga will ever make import racing big again. Back in the day their was 6 or 7 shops all wanting to be on top. Alot of those shops have switched to a different type of customers now. No offense but import people are cheap and I mean cheap. Why work on a Honda when u can work on a Lamborghini and make 5 time as much money and deal with people that have money to spend.
And stretch their are more cars in Ga capable of running 6s in the 1/8 besides the 3 you listed. I know of 5 hondas that can run it no problem but don't bring them out because what for their is no competition in Ga. It wi never be like it is up north here in Ga. People around here don't love the sport like up North do.

Alot of shops had to switch it up for survival. Work on import cars (price wise) is pretty static. Less pie to split up when there are a lot of DIY'ers as well. And please don't say all import owners are too cheap. I spent 20k+ on my car over the course of a few months.

There are people who will spend money.....they are just not as many people out there with disposable income so they try to do things on the cheap.

08-02-2012, 10:31 AM
Yup name is Hurell.

My 98 ITR was one of the first with a Apex'i N1 exhaust and Bronze Volk SE-37K's (At the time I don't think anyone was rocking Bronze and everyone told me it would look stupid, it looked dope as fuck). I sold it and got a green hatch back that had a JDM 98 ITR motor/trans and Toda everything in it (Before Len did it). I had the weird cam locking up issue and trashed that motor just dailying and driving to work. I sold the Toda setup to Dave Blankenship and came out with enough cash to buy a brand new ITR longblock from Len and Craig at Baranco Acura.

Around the time I was building my Hatch Tom was building his silver hatch with all new stuff. We actually raced at Silver Dollar. he got me by a few tenths since his hatch was a gutted CX (Or VX can't remember) and I had a JDM interior SI. I started putting together a turbo kit for my car (Spearco IC and SFP manifold) and lost my job and had to be an adult so I sold the car to a kid in TN. I loved that car. It was SO reliable after swapping the new ITR motor in there. I think I was the only one to buy a Trust exhaust (from Takakaira.com) and then a JICMagic exhaust. I used to be all over honda-tech (and Honda-acura.net before they split).

Gregg you keep speaking of that night but I gotta be honest there was never a point I remember where your Z24 would get me unless you caught me slipping at a light or on the highway (Which was entirely possible). Hell Rob keeps telling me he beat me in his GSR and I tell him the same thing. Y'all Negro's have never beaten me. LOL. NEVER. And right now you won't either (This is gonna piss Gregg off). Remember when you and Lamar jumped me on the phone challenging the WHOLE EVO NATION. LOL.

I'm just fuckin with you. I'm too old to deal with speeding tickets and too tired of giving uncle sam my money. It takes a Vette or more for me to even risk a speeding ticket. If y'all think Atlanta is dead. Raleigh is barren. Seriously there is nothing out here. My wife has a pretty flashy 08 STi and its just her and I out here. from what I've seen. I may pass by one of their little Sonic meets but from what I gather its no better then the ones in GA. Nothing like a Varsity or North Gwinnett meet. No street racing as far as i can tell and although Rockingham isn't too far away I'm not motivated to go. I have grown man shit I'm working out and have come close to selling my car a few times because its just useless to have this kinda power in Raleigh (15+ is a misdemeanor, wtf).

I used to live on the southside (even though I was living in Austell the commute was murder). I worked part time at Nopi when I lost my system Analyst job at Georgia Pacific (they outsourced everything to India). Around that time TJ had his Yellow ITR, Craig had a cherry Prelude and then upgraded to a WRX, Len had his Black ITR, Ken with his Black ITR, Tom had his silver hatch (wife had the black Hatch with a swap), Mark had a sick EK after he wrecked/sold his Integra and had Advan's on there, Trey had a red EK. Hell I used to hang with Scott (God rest his soul) and Kisa and Ted and John since my wife was good friends with Kisa........there are a few others that had dope Honda's back in the day I'm forgetting but its slowly coming back. I won a trophy at Nopi for the highest HP 4 cyl. since no one else bothered (I think I put down 190). I got a check for 250 to spend at Nopi and a trophy and didn't realize it.

And On Forged. I know people they've screwed over car wise but the one thing you can't take away from them is that they have the R35 game on lock in the SE region. They started off using AMS but I think they are about to do their own thing. They are doing it big and I respect them for that. If you have anything then a R35......good luck.

Dammit hurell i WAS beating you that night but fucking got cocky and let you catch up to take the win and ROB DID block me at first. I know you didnt tell him but he did it anyway. lol. And i got one up on you down here in Mobile,al. Honda wise on the street i could be king with a well built B or H2b setup. Dont even need the K. Matter of fact it stated to get boring for me with the K because nobody wanted to race when they found out i had a K and when they did it was always against a V8 that has no business on the street(power/tq wise). I had one good race against a Stage 3 or 4 SRT-4 WITH NOS and i didnt know he was spraying on me till i seen the vid and he STILL lost!!....lol!!

08-02-2012, 10:38 AM
But in the overall picture, stretch,vteckidd adn bobby are right. There is NO REASON why the south(NC,SC,GA,TN,KY,AL,FL,TX) cannot be the same as the north with the import race scene. Like vteckidd said its just gonna take some great planning from certain shops/individuals.... and make the prize money good also. That will bring ppl as well. People are MORE LIKELY to come when they start seeing $1000+ for first place vs $1-300 for first place!!

B18c1Turboed
08-02-2012, 10:59 AM
Apex you spent 20k in the last few months? Ok how many other people would spend that? Do you race? Drift? Or it's for a daily driver? See theirs a difference like has said in this post many times some people build a car just for show. Not saying that what you have done im just saying.

Also showdown and face off have a bigger payout then 1-300. For all motor they might not since the fields ain't very big.

Apex i ITR
08-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Honestly it was a simple motor rebuild that just got out of control (bought 2 sets of wheels, power output was never the goal but became one after the initial baseline). I probably bought stuff I and no need to but did it because i could.

I had no direction when I was dumping money into my car. I don't track it all that much but I do drive it alot so I would say I built it for me. Its more built for drag racing and I have no desire to do that so right now my car is a running contridiction.

I've flip flopped between selling the car, parting it out or just getting a stock frame turbo kit and making it a little more sane (500ish) for street driving. Fact is I've gone so far to the left now I'm contemplating if it makes sense to bother trying to go a little to the right or just scrap it, get an IS-F do some bolt ons and call it a fuckin day.

Beauty of it is all this was on my dime (The car, the mods, etc) so its not like I have a mountain of debt to make the car a monument of my impulses. So I am not PRESSED at all to go in either direction. Its blessing....and a curse. I can't figure out what i want to do right now. My car was its most fun when I was running E85 and putting down about 460 with a bigger stock frame turbo.

Thing is I like car shows, drag racing and tracks. And I think in my head I wanted to build something that could do all 3. I think once I saw the dyno numbers on my baseline tune after the motor rebuild and upgraded turbo kit I wanted to see how far I could go, and the scary thing is there is more in it. I could probably hit about 850-900 with a slightly bigger but more efficient PTE turbo but why?

And until I figure out the answer to all those questions I'll be stuck trying to figure out my next move.

And Gregg....you started out in front. i was reeling you in. LOL. Man don't you wish you could back in time and relive the moment. You and I remember that night very differently. Too bad there were no gopros back then. I think we'll have to agree to disagree on the night in ?

And I maintain y'all negros have never gotten me........NEVAR MUHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!

EmminoDaGreat
08-02-2012, 11:58 AM
I like hondas, and I enjoy building them, but noone wants to pay the price to build a car that it costs..... They can just click buy it now and build what they want and be content...

Thats why I work on more S2k, Evo,Sti, SRT's, BMW, G37/370,VW now... They don't mind paying because they want quality work, and quality parts and power.

I am building myself a "race" car, but whats the point, there will be what 4 drag races. I rather go road race. You can do that every weekend if you want.

Example. Honda customer bitches about 250$ to replace a clutch (labor)
Evo customer says oh its only $600-800(labor depending on rate). WOW THANKS

B18c1Turboed
08-02-2012, 12:13 PM
I agree 100% with everything James said!

Apex i ITR
08-02-2012, 12:59 PM
I like hondas, and I enjoy building them, but noone wants to pay the price to build a car that it costs..... They can just click buy it now and build what they want and be content...

Thats why I work on more S2k, Evo,Sti, SRT's, BMW, G37/370,VW now... They don't mind paying because they want quality work, and quality parts and power.

I am building myself a "race" car, but whats the point, there will be what 4 drag races. I rather go road race. You can do that every weekend if you want.

Example. Honda customer bitches about 250$ to replace a clutch (labor)
Evo customer says oh its only $600-800(labor depending on rate). WOW THANKS

That is true although you have kids taking that cheap mentality (Its called Honda mentality but I hate that because I used to own Hondas and spared no expense when I did) and buying used S2K's, Evo, 350/370's etc and they do some trendy shit and the first time they have to
do any real maintenance they either half ass it or sell the car and go back to owning a Honda.

justnprsh07
08-02-2012, 01:05 PM
I agree with everyone on this!! Biggest problem is no one has the money and those that do putt it else where. I do all I can to help anyone and everyone out where I live thats interested in the "race" scene. I'm also building another "drag" car just bc in allmotor pro there relly isn't any fast cars... Just like stretch said, theve been winning with a stock bottom h series and I give them props for tht but there just is any reason for much else bc there is no competition. I have managed to get a few buddies to diols some cars to compete with and we plan on playing a lot at local track to try to get more ppl interested but as of righ now I have waisted a TON of money just bc I love the sport.

And I'm sure when I'm done "and after I pay Morris to wire and tune my car" I'll talk all kinds of shit and piss as many ppl off as I can bc it's part of racing and keeps the interest there lol. Hell before an event I'll call midnight out and make a big hype about it to get the interest there and shake hands and take them to dinner after they win bc my shits is overkill as usual lol

Vteckidd
08-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Halex is still around lol? Haven't seen him in forever.

I had the first ANR and Rmf header here was on my gsr crx. Dans yellow itr crx I miss.

Apex i ITR
08-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Had an Evo recently and sold it. No clue whats he's into now. He was talking about Morris tuning it.

EmminoDaGreat
08-02-2012, 02:36 PM
That is true although you have kids taking that cheap mentality (Its called Honda mentality but I hate that because I used to own Hondas and spared no expense when I did) and buying used S2K's, Evo, 350/370's etc and they do some trendy shit and the first time they have to
do any real maintenance they either half ass it or sell the car and go back to owning a Honda.

The trendy stuff/cheapos will have a small percentage in the higher end cars.
While the trendy stuff/cheapo to $$ in the honda/240 crowd just increases exponentially.

Everyday I get people crying about tuning rates, WTF is wrong with people that they want to skip the most vital step in performance....They rather get a "basemap" and ride it for a while.... THEN if their car fucks up on a "basemap" they cry and moan about it...

Apex i ITR
08-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Then they got exactly what they deserved. No sympathy at all for that shit. Why spend the money and not "complete" the damn project.

1civic
08-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Fuck the "I had" shit, bring what you have now to the events... The should-of, would-of is not helping the scene now!!

08-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Why spend the money and not "complete" the damn project.

Because they are cheap ass, dumb ass, hardparking ass kids!!!

08-02-2012, 08:34 PM
And I maintain y'all negros have never gotten me........NEVAR MUHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!

Damn u Hurell.... damn u straight to hell:2up:... u know what this is some bullshit!.., there is NO "we remember that night diff shit" i couldnt have started out front that much cause fucking rob was blocking me so YOU could get out front but thats ok..... NEXT TIME there will be a gopro goddammit. Do u understand me Hurell!!

08-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Fuck the "I had" shit, bring what you have now to the events... The should-of, would-of is not helping the scene now!!

Patience FUCKER.... i mean bobby:yes::2up::crazy:

1civic
08-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Patience FUCKER.... i mean bobby:yes::2up::crazy:

Bring that shit back to ATL, I'll drag you like Moseley did... :P

1civic
08-02-2012, 09:26 PM
If I see this in ATLANTA I will drive my truck into it!! True Story...:no:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhT3C9mHLZ4&feature=g-vrec

Apex i ITR
08-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Damn u Hurell.... damn u straight to hell:2up:... u know what this is some bullshit!.., there is NO "we remember that night diff shit" i couldnt have started out front that much cause fucking rob was blocking me so YOU could get out front but thats ok..... NEXT TIME there will be a gopro goddammit. Do u understand me Hurell!!

LOL. I'm a shit. I know.

Vteckidd
08-02-2012, 10:52 PM
If I see this in ATLANTA I will drive my truck into it!! True Story...:no:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhT3C9mHLZ4&feature=g-vrec

RHD DOE

stretch
08-02-2012, 11:27 PM

Well excuse me if those cars have never been out for me or anyone else in thread to know and talk about. Last I heard u started building ur car and started to part it out, but like I said its hear say. But ur statement just proved my point. U said there are 5 other cars that ate fast and run good times, Kool , fine, I commend yall. But where are they? And I'm not bashing u either, but if u and ur buddies got fast cars bring them out and stop talkong about then so we can have some fun competitive racing. No offense but if these are cars that don't come out and are hard parked in garages, no need talking about them. We have a sport called drag racing, that a few of us enjoy obviously but we don't support it. Thats all I'm saying. But for argument dId plz name the 5 cars that can run mid to low 6s plz. Not criticizing, but I would love to know then.

08-03-2012, 04:09 AM
Bring that shit back to ATL, I'll drag you like Moseley did... :P

Lol!! B.O.B, u learned NOTHING from that race did you. It would be more like me dragging your ass like Matt did :yes:

B18c1Turboed
08-03-2012, 05:34 AM
Well strexth no offense man you really don't know me. I have been racing imports in ga since 2000. The green car isn't my first car that I built, after I started building this car and went way overboard I just had problems after problems with it and got tired of it. But that wasn't my 1st rodeo. I'll be back out racing very soon :)
But there is Jullio Crx that runs lows 10s already, Greg Honda civic si that is one bad car and has every part you could imagine. Also Alfonso type r that has ran low 10s already. Couple other cars that I can't disclose since they are daily driven and owners prefer to not say who they are.
The love of the sport is there for all of us, but sometimes work, families and obligations take all are time. For us this is a hobby it isn't something we use to build are shops or get ate names out there we do it for the love when we have time.

Apex i ITR
08-03-2012, 08:33 AM
RHD DOE

Thats JDM tyte

08-03-2012, 08:59 AM
The love of the sport is there for all of us, but sometimes work, families and obligations take all are time. For us this is a hobby it isn't something we use to build are shops or get ate names out there we do it for the love when we have time.

Now THIS is 110% the TRUTH!!

Apex i ITR
08-03-2012, 09:26 AM
As you get older you do have less and less time for hobbies. Little things become more important (kids recitals, games, plays, spouses wants and needs, etc). This (like everything else) will ebb and flow.

EmminoDaGreat
08-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Greg's car has so much shit on it!!! I wish he would go back to the track his cars are always fast.

And this is not the 1124 greg ( its the other greg only a few know about I am sure)

B18c1Turboed
08-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Yea his car is just sitting, due to him being a fireman and emt now he don't have time for it. Shit we are boys and I ain't seen him in a year. That's how busy he is, but he won't part that car out for anything. That 10k Jim justice engine just sitting it's so sad :(

justnprsh07
08-03-2012, 12:25 PM
What's up with nopi at atl drag way in sept??? Is it gonna be like old times

dvpjdm
08-03-2012, 12:32 PM
Now THIS is 110% the TRUTH!!

true, but then with that comment, he is now making himself not the subject from the original quote. lol people on here are notorious for changing some words around to fit themselves into the conversation.

1civic
08-03-2012, 12:53 PM
What's up with nopi at atl drag way in sept??? Is it gonna be like old times

No drag racing event..

tnomud
08-03-2012, 12:54 PM
No drag racing event..

its at a drag strip and no drag racing???

MidnightAuto
08-03-2012, 12:54 PM
There is only ONE solution the liven up the scene down here. More people need to come out. PERIOD. Doesnt matter if you have a slow car or a fast car. Cuz honestly the classes that are the most packed up north are the bracket classes. Full of 13-14 sec cars. But those are the spectators, the grass roots guy who brings his family out to watch the fast cars race and also races his beater for fun, or the younger kids with their friends racing their dailies. NO CROWD = NO REAL RACERS. If the crowd is there then the event organizers have more money to offer up to the racers as prize money. Ga needs to wake up and stop makin excuses and just go out and race regardless if you win or lose. Just go have fun.

1civic
08-03-2012, 12:58 PM
its at a drag strip and no drag racing???

Ok, so it's been added since I last looked, but not the format I would run..

DRAG RACING:

NGK Quick 32 - $3000 Payout. Anything can run so bring it out. Dial-in times on Saturday - Quickest 32 move to bracket eliminations on Sunday. $35 to enter this class - includes Car & Driver for both days

Supercar Challenge - $2000 Payout as of 6/05 ($1000 per class – winner take all) Open to all model “Supercars”. Run your Ferrari, Lambo, Maserati, Lotus, Porsche, V-Series, Viper, XKR, R8, GT-R, NSX, LF-A, GT500, Z06, ZR1, AMG Benz, M5, M6 etc. down the quarter mile against other top performance models of all the car makes. We have a factory stock and a modified class. Dial-in times on Saturday and one on Sunday. The quickest 8 of each class will run heads up on Sunday. This is a new race for NOPI and classes may evolve as interest and participation is gauged. The latest details will be up on NOPINATIONALS.com

And TNT...

FUCK NOPI..........

stretch
08-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Well strexth no offense man you really don't know me. I have been racing imports in ga since 2000. The green car isn't my first car that I built, after I started building this car and went way overboard I just had problems after problems with it and got tired of it. But that wasn't my 1st rodeo. I'll be back out racing very soon :)
But there is Jullio Crx that runs lows 10s already, Greg Honda civic si that is one bad car and has every part you could imagine. Also Alfonso type r that has ran low 10s already. Couple other cars that I can't disclose since they are daily driven and owners prefer to not say who they are.

Well no offense taken n I hope u didn't take offense to my staement either because it was directed to u personally. Ive seen pick ur car before n a small build thread but never saw the car. If ur doing big things like that with ur car that is great, I commend u. Midnight ATL is a business for me and morris, but my racecar is a hobby for me just like u. So u need to wipe the dust off that green bitch and bring it out and let's have some fun.lol. ur buddies too. Morris is right, up north, everybody race. Fast or slow.. that's wat ga needs ,fun. Event coordinators need to accomodate more people by having more classes for to run in.

B18c1Turboed
08-03-2012, 01:57 PM
true, but then with that comment, he is now making himself not the subject from the original quote. lol people on here are notorious for changing some words around to fit themselves into the conversation.

Bitch please!! I wasnt trying to fit myself into anything I was pointing out the fact of why racing has died down in Atlanta . I have nothing to prove to you or anyone and don't have to work myself in, just pointing out simple facts. But if u wanna take it another way! My car is done and hitting dyno next week put up or shut up in your our own car.

stretch
08-03-2012, 05:00 PM
Bitch please!! I wasnt trying to fit myself into anything I was pointing out the fact of why racing has died down in Atlanta . I have nothing to prove to you or anyone and don't have to work myself in, just pointing out simple facts. But if u wanna take it another way! My car is done and hitting dyno next week put up or shut up in your our own car.
Ok calm down boys, play nice plz.........lol.......B18cturboed i see wat ur saying. Sooooooo u coming to the next event since u hitting the Dyno next week?????..........

B18c1Turboed
08-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Not sure yet we building a car for Texas mile right now and it's on that Saturday. So we might fly back after event and go to track on Sunday.anyway i can't run MS or fwd classes anymore. :)
And I'm perfectly calm.

stretch
08-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Not sure yet we building a car for Texas mile right now and it's on that Saturday. So we might fly back after event and go to track on Sunday.anyway i can't run MS or fwd classes anymore. :)
And I'm perfectly calm.

Wat kinda car are u building for the Texas mile and why can't u run those classes anymore

B18c1Turboed
08-03-2012, 06:26 PM
[The Texas mile cars ain't mine. But it a twin turbo viper and gallardo :) each will put down well over 1500hp :). As far as me I told you I was going Rwd now :) I parted out my old race motor and stuff already, I still have shell collecting dust :( for sale for any of you true racers . Haha http://img.tapatalk.com/aee500e3-5ec3-d882.jpg

stretch
08-03-2012, 07:52 PM
[The Texas mile cars ain't mine. But it a twin turbo viper and gallardo :) each will put down well over 1500hp :). As far as me I told you I was going Rwd now :) I parted out my old race motor and stuff already, I still have shell collecting dust :( for sale for any of you true racers . Haha http://img.tapatalk.com/aee500e3-5ec3-d882.jpg

See man u a sell out.....lol.... U sold out and went rwd........

justnprsh07
08-03-2012, 08:35 PM
There is only ONE solution the liven up the scene down here. More people need to come out. PERIOD. Doesnt matter if you have a slow car or a fast car. Cuz honestly the classes that are the most packed up north are the bracket classes. Full of 13-14 sec cars. But those are the spectators, the grass roots guy who brings his family out to watch the fast cars race and also races his beater for fun, or the younger kids with their friends racing their dailies. NO CROWD = NO REAL RACERS. If the crowd is there then the event organizers have more money to offer up to the racers as prize money. Ga needs to wake up and stop makin excuses and just go out and race regardless if you win or lose. Just go have fun.

True and those young guys with 14 sec cars are the ones that have the fun and turn into potential future racers and competition

1civic
08-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Someone start doing these...:goodjob:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgVAMepqRvY&feature=g-all-u

SP33D FREAK
08-06-2012, 03:31 AM
No kidding !

1civic
08-07-2012, 09:51 AM
You would think these kids would get the hint and let it cool down, it was also just busted 2wks ago...:crazy:

Link:
3 arrested in drag racing crackdown (http://cdn.localwireless.com/wap/news/text.jsp?sid=146&nid=2757134067&cid=376&scid=-1&ref=nf)

tnomud
08-07-2012, 11:23 AM
You would think these kids would get the hint and let it cool down, it was also just busted 2wks ago...:crazy:

Link:
3 arrested in drag racing crackdown (http://cdn.localwireless.com/wap/news/text.jsp?sid=146&nid=2757134067&cid=376&scid=-1&ref=nf)

I have seen the Moreland Crew Before, mob mentaility and battles of sub 200WHP cars. I watched a EG and G35 battle it out on 285 a few weekends ago (got on at Moreland and slowed to a 30 roll). It was about the most painfull thing I ever waited for. It took a mile to get the ball rolling and a few of us in Commuter cars almost passed the race. I was going to pass them to keep the oil off my windshield, but we too terrified to have them behind me.

Apex i ITR
08-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Whats the definition of insanity?

Why anyone goes there is beyond me. They must like getting tickets, raising their insurance and getting chased by cops.

1civic
08-07-2012, 08:52 PM
I get calls every weekend to go out, went a couple of times only to run evo's, but never hang out at that store.. They are some fools, and the sad part is they will keep going back...

justnprsh07
08-08-2012, 10:09 AM
If they would go to the track and spend 10-20 to run allnight it would be fun and the scene would be a lot better for respectable cars that actually make power and are fast

1civic
08-08-2012, 10:20 AM
If they would go to the track and spend 10-20 to run allnight it would be fun and the scene would be a lot better for respectable cars that actually make power and are fast

These people will never do that, most are 2hrs from the closest track.. IF AMS would have build a drag strip then it could be a little better, but people will always street race..lol

ItODDospeed
08-08-2012, 02:15 PM
I am over-whelmed by this DBs grammar. WOW! It's true, you can't fix stupid.

I don't care if you have a 9 second Civic - it's still a POS Civic - get a real platform to build a car on.

All the money invested in the car? Give me a break, what a Pep Boy Special.

This guy should have saved some money for acne cream, and the hearing aid he's gonna need from standing around that car during tuning.

Apex i ITR
08-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Street racing I don't have as much an issue. Why go to such a heat score? Its like racing on Barrett pkwy

08-09-2012, 08:36 AM
I don't care if you have a 9 second Civic - it's still a POS Civic - get a real platform to build a car on.

Oh really? Well sir tells us... whats a "real platform"??? Because i thought a 9 sec car is a 9 sec car no matter the platform. So you're telling us that out of a couple 1000's V8's that run 9's arent "POS's" becuase they are V8's and not 4 bangers/imports?? Whats the difference??? They STILL ran a 9 SEC PASS. Its all in what YOU like... To each his/her own...