PDA

View Full Version : People ask me why I got out of the car business..............

Vteckidd
07-18-2012, 04:38 PM
Its because of stupid dumb fucks like this.

So about 2 weeks ago I bought a set of Rota wheels with like new tires. They were sold so cheap that i just bought them to see if they would fit my S2K. After mounting them on my car there was just too much work i would have to do to make them work (run negative camber, roll fenders, etc). Oh well no big deal.

I posted the wheels back up for sale on IA and 240atlanta.com. Most likely this doosh came from 240atlanta.

I get a TON of interest and one guy calls me DESPITE ME SAYING NO CALLS, and i answer it anyway. Proceeds to tell me he wants the wheels, he lives in Gainsville when can we meet up. I tell him that i have an S2000 theres no way 4 18x9 wheels are fitting in my S2000. The wheels are located at a buddies house in Lawrenceville and i can meet him around 9 at Discover Mills (id have to borrow my buddies Civic). He tells me no problem. This was around 11am.

He texts me throughout the day making sure I havent sold them. I tell him

"I usually go to the gym around 6-630, I play basketball and I usually leave around 830. I will text you when i leave the gym as im about an hour away and you can leave then so you arent waiting".

"OK sounds good ill wait for your text".

At 9pm i leave the gym , ran late because a game i was in went long. I text him

"hey man you still wanna meet at discover mills?"

"yeah man, im actually sitting at the chick fila right now lol"

At this point im like what a fucking moron. SO i text him back well, im gonna be an hour like i said. He said no problem. He then asks if he can just meet me at my buddies house where the wheels are. Im like "not my house, cant invite strangers over to a house that isnt mine just sit tight".

After 20 minutes he texts me

"Ay man this is bullshit, my girl gotta be to work at 6am"

I respond
"well I told you to wait until you heard from me until i left the gym. Do what you have to do thanks".

For the next 45 minutes dude texts me threatening messages calling me a faggot and im gay, and he would kick my ass, all kinds of shit. So i call him. He answers and I basically just have it out with him and tell him ill be glad to meet him anywhere, of course he declines, whatever.

TODAY, HIS MOM CALLS ME.........2 WEEKS LATER, TELLING ME THAT HER SON WAS JUST FRUSTRATED I WASTED HIS TIME FOR 2 HOURS, AND THAT I SHOULD BE MORE PROFESSIONAL.

Serious question, are you guys really that fucking retarded you cant follow SIMPLE GOD DAMN DIRECTIONS? I used to think it was the kids that were just flat out stupid, after talking to his mother, i now know that its the same stupid shit trailer trash parents that are JUST AS BAD.

Its why i absolutely hate selling anything on any car forum site. Most people are just trashy uneducated punk asses

CHADbee
07-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Rota wheels

I found the problem.

Vteckidd
07-18-2012, 04:44 PM
LOL i dont care about the "brand name" of wheels when i live in Downtown Atlanta. Ive owned my fair share of "baller brand name" wheels and they just cost more to fix when you bend them hitting a pothole.

But i realize posting ROTAs for sale proably does attract a certain level of client.

But even so these are common sense concepts.

Matt300ZXT
07-18-2012, 04:44 PM
WTF dude? You wasted that poor boys time? What kinda asshole are you?

jk, I totally agree with you. Every forum, even Craigslist, needs a program to not make sure you're not a computer auto generating accounts, but can prove a certain level of competence before you're allowed to even browse.

silversol
07-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Getting out of the car business was the best thing i ever did! I sware people in the honda comunity have to be some of the stupidest people I have ever met. Always wanting something for nothing. I Never had issues selling other makes I could not keep a pick up truck soon as i post one for sale I had people beating down my door wanting to buy them same with mustangs. Honda people I know your asking 3500$ firm but will you take 500$ today?

Elbow
07-18-2012, 04:50 PM
Its because of stupid dumb fucks like this.

So about 2 weeks ago I bought a set of Rota wheels with like new tires. They were sold so cheap that i just bought them to see if they would fit my S2K. After mounting them on my car there was just too much work i would have to do to make them work (run negative camber, roll fenders, etc). Oh well no big deal.

I posted the wheels back up for sale on IA and 240atlanta.com. Most likely this doosh came from 240atlanta.

I get a TON of interest and one guy calls me DESPITE ME SAYING NO CALLS, and i answer it anyway. Proceeds to tell me he wants the wheels, he lives in Gainsville when can we meet up. I tell him that i have an S2000 theres no way 4 18x9 wheels are fitting in my S2000. The wheels are located at a buddies house in Lawrenceville and i can meet him around 9 at Discover Mills (id have to borrow my buddies Civic). He tells me no problem. This was around 11am.

He texts me throughout the day making sure I havent sold them. I tell him

At 9pm i leave the gym , ran late because a game i was in went long. I text him

At this point im like what a fucking moron. SO i text him back well, im gonna be an hour like i said. He said no problem. He then asks if he can just meet me at my buddies house where the wheels are. Im like "not my house, cant invite strangers over to a house that isnt mine just sit tight".

After 20 minutes he texts me

I respond

For the next 45 minutes dude texts me threatening messages calling me a faggot and im gay, and he would kick my ass, all kinds of shit. So i call him. He answers and I basically just have it out with him and tell him ill be glad to meet him anywhere, of course he declines, whatever.

TODAY, HIS MOM CALLS ME.........2 WEEKS LATER, TELLING ME THAT HER SON WAS JUST FRUSTRATED I WASTED HIS TIME FOR 2 HOURS, AND THAT I SHOULD BE MORE PROFESSIONAL.

Serious question, are you guys really that fucking retarded you cant follow SIMPLE GOD DAMN DIRECTIONS? I used to think it was the kids that were just flat out stupid, after talking to his mother, i now know that its the same stupid shit trailer trash parents that are JUST AS BAD.

Its why i absolutely hate selling anything on any car forum site. Most people are just trashy uneducated punk asses

I feel for you. I can't tell you how many times I've done business with similar people, complete morons.

Elbow
07-18-2012, 04:52 PM
Getting out of the car business was the best thing i ever did! I sware people in the honda comunity have to be some of the stupidest people I have ever met. Always wanting something for nothing. I Never had issues selling other makes I could not keep a pick up truck soon as i post one for sale I had people beating down my door wanting to buy them same with mustangs. Honda people I know your asking 3500$ firm but will you take 500$ today?

It's all car people really, except for some certain makes/models.

I was selling a E39 BMW, I had trade offers for Xbox 360s, $500, people come, see the issues that were LISTED, and get mad that they wasted their time, selling one of my E30s I had people offer to meet up, I'd drive to meet them, ends up being fifteen year old kids with their parents looking for a first car.

There's morons everywhere, Honda owners for sure, not all, but enough that I won't ever buy a Honda again. Many BMW owners these days seem to be the same, just dress nicer and have wealthy parents. lol

Vteckidd
07-18-2012, 04:55 PM
It just seems that the Honda/Nissan people are flat out dumb for lack of a better word. Just act like an adult, is it that hard to do?

CHADbee
07-18-2012, 04:56 PM
But i realize posting ROTAs for sale proably does attract a certain level of client.

That's all I was saying LOL

Matt300ZXT
07-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Thank you very much but I have a Nissan and am a Nissan guy. But didn't lowball the guy at all when I bought my twin turbo. If I didn't feel I had the money to afford it, or make him a fair offer, I would have never emailed the guy. Plus, I don't lowball people when I try to buy used parts. If a guy wants $500 for something, if I don't have $500 I don't email him.

silversol
07-18-2012, 05:08 PM
It's all car people really, except for some certain makes/models.

I was selling a E39 BMW, I had trade offers for Xbox 360s, $500, people come, see the issues that were LISTED, and get mad that they wasted their time, selling one of my E30s I had people offer to meet up, I'd drive to meet them, ends up being fifteen year old kids with their parents looking for a first car.

There's morons everywhere, Honda owners for sure, not all, but enough that I won't ever buy a Honda again. Many BMW owners these days seem to be the same, just dress nicer and have wealthy parents. lol

Yeah they are the same folks that get mad when its sold! Driving to look at cars is part of it I have driven all over the south east to look at cars only to walk away its part of it. The same people that want a 20+ year old car with low miles, perfect carfax all the records new tires cold a.c for under 500 bucks.

I had a 94 ford explorer as a beater for over a year. Ran perfect 5 speed 90k miles everything worked had 4 brand new tires and was very clean inside and out. It was a gas hog but it was in very good condtion. I put it on craigslist for 1000$ firm which I felt was more then a fair price. I had a woman come drive it inspect everything on it for over a hour had a mechanic with her that could not find anything wrong with it. she shows me a kbb print out saying it was worth $850 and she refused to pay more then kbb for it. I said if you want it its 1000 bucks take it or leave it. she argued and bitched and moaned I told her to call kbb and see if they got one for sale. I went in the house and she continued to call my phone and text me for over a hour trying to get me to take 850$. I sold it later that night. And she called me back the next day wanting it for 850$ When I told her I sold it to the next guy with not questions asked she was mad and yelling how I riped the guy off hahah

slow_hatch
07-18-2012, 05:35 PM
Craigslist is the worst! I was selling my ratrod project for $600. Some tool asks my bottom dollar. I tell him $500, then he has the audacity to ask if I'll deliver it over an hr away for $550. WTF!!!!

kevint2
07-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Well Ive never deal with Honda/Nissan people,Im a Toyota guy and i found a post on CL for some 2jz parts for a good price,call the guy and ask him to hold the parts for me and i would drive to pick them up when i got off work...from Marietta to jonesboro....So i got down there at 8:30 and he showed up at 8:35 did the deal and it was all good...I just think most Honda guys are broke and they dont have the cash to buy stuff but they come off at being ass-holes...

C230K
07-18-2012, 07:20 PM
David88vert is the guy you are talking about, he has also made a post on here about you lol

CSquared
07-18-2012, 07:22 PM
David88vert is the guy you are talking about, he has also made a post on here about you lol

Lol please tell me this is not a joke. I just read the other thread. That would be nothing short of epic.

C230K
07-18-2012, 07:25 PM
Lol please tell me this is not a joke. I just read the other thread. That would be nothing short of epic.

I said the same thing, LOLOL

David88vert
07-18-2012, 07:27 PM

Crucify him!

RsonGt3's
07-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Lmfao!!!!!!

MeFryRice
07-18-2012, 07:28 PM
I know how you feel. I can't tell you how many times I've scheduled a time/place to meet with someone and when I call them to let them know I'm on my way, the fucker doesn't answer my calls or respond to my texts.

Did you tell his mom to suck it?

C230K
07-18-2012, 07:28 PM
Crucify him!

Shit, I just got Punk'd

thesammy
07-18-2012, 07:30 PM
I'm LOLing, who's trolling who?

CSquared
07-18-2012, 07:30 PM
He tried to rick roll me. I googled the number because the area code was funky.

Matt300ZXT
07-18-2012, 07:57 PM
I tend to believe the person selling the gear instead of some pissed off guy not following directions. I read his thread, it was hilarious. Apparently, you called and started threatening/cussing him out bro lol

MeFryRice
07-18-2012, 08:18 PM
Link to thread?

Elbow
07-18-2012, 08:47 PM
Well Ive never deal with Honda/Nissan people,Im a Toyota guy and i found a post on CL for some 2jz parts for a good price,call the guy and ask him to hold the parts for me and i would drive to pick them up when i got off work...from Marietta to jonesboro....So i got down there at 8:30 and he showed up at 8:35 did the deal and it was all good...I just think most Honda guys are broke and they dont have the cash to buy stuff but they come off at being ass-holes...

One story? lol

Sinfix_15
07-18-2012, 10:43 PM
well played gentlemen... well played.

Western.
07-18-2012, 11:11 PM
It took me a hot second to get, but

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/14774283.jpg

Vteckidd
07-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Lol this is an absolute true story. It actually happened to me.

Davidvert88 just made a different thread acting like he was the guy I was referring to.

Catnip
07-18-2012, 11:22 PM
Lol this is an absolute true story. It actually happened to me.

Davidvert88 just made a different thread acting like he was the guy I was referring to.

What?!!

This is true? You mean a Nissan enthusiast was a douchebag and immature? I don't believe it.

Good joke you played with ol' Davidvert88!!

Franco Tirador
07-25-2012, 01:53 PM
anytime i post something for sale, i always expect this, (granted i never had it anyones mom call me lol) but yeah, but that's one of the negatives of dealing with customers out front, i have worked in customer service for a few years, and that's one of the prices you have to pay to get paid throuhg them lol, it does get annoying how brainless some of them are

Apex i ITR
08-01-2012, 09:19 PM
This is why I pulled my car off the market. Tired of dealing with morons

stretch
08-01-2012, 09:41 PM
I'm about to buy a s2000 and go to the gym and play basketball everyday like vtecckidd. Fucc it.....lol

Vteckidd
08-01-2012, 10:18 PM
its so much easier LOL come to the dark side..............

nelson9995
08-01-2012, 10:47 PM
its so much easier LOL come to the dark side..............
almost there! just need to start playing basketball and get a newer car lol!