PDA

View Full Version : Hydrocodone...are you kidding me?

Kyle
07-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Who the hell gets hooked on this? A doctor prescribed me this stuff for a muscle pull, I feel like I need 10 to feel anything...why the hell would you use this recreationally?

Dylan
07-16-2012, 08:40 PM
People abuse fucking bath salt, some folks will do anything they can get their hands on especially a pill.

Sir_Christopher
07-16-2012, 08:44 PM
because people usually take the in other ways then just using your mouth, such as injecting, or snorting which intensifies the high.

BanginJimmy
07-16-2012, 08:53 PM
Hydrocodone for a freaking muscle pull? Are YOU kidding me?

And yea, you may also just be one of those that isnt affected as much by it. I can pop percs all day and barely feel it. I can pop a vicodin and be fucked up for hours.

Kyle
07-16-2012, 09:05 PM
Hydrocodone for a freaking muscle pull? Are YOU kidding me?

And yea, you may also just be one of those that isnt affected as much by it. I can pop percs all day and barely feel it. I can pop a vicodin and be fucked up for hours.
Ha that makes sense, I'll trade you. Yeah I told them I couldn't sleep and they go "oh okay, here's a Vicodin prescription." I'm still not sleeping with that and other drugs though, maybe I'm a pussy for not handling pain.

Got Milk?
07-16-2012, 09:15 PM
Who the hell gets hooked on this? A doctor prescribed me this stuff for a muscle pull, I feel like I need 10 to feel anything...why the hell would you use this recreationally?

Here is a BIG DISCOVERY that I just discovered by using my brain. You ready for this. It's going to amaze you. Here it goes; Everybody has different organism, immune system, list goes on, so every organism reacts differently to certain drug. Fine example why marijuana will never be fully legal, some organisms out there just cant handle it.

silversol
07-16-2012, 09:33 PM
If they are 5's they wont do much. The 10's are a bit better.

Relentless
07-16-2012, 09:35 PM
^ Yeah. I did a surgery about 2 months ago, and they gave me hydrocodone for pain, and whenever I took 2-3 pills I would be zoned out and get extremely sleepy..
Mine were 800mg

Sinfix_15
07-16-2012, 09:54 PM

It's arguably one of the most addicting things you can take. One of my friends got to a point to where he was taking 30+ a day....... yes... 30+ a day..... he would chew up 10-12 at a time instantly 3 times a day. There were days id find him laying in the middle of the floor passed out, i could slap him and not wake him up, even carried him and put him in the shower one time to wake him up. Your body adapts to the painkiller and stops producing it's own natural painkillers. Your body damages itself daily, just walking and joint movement would causes some level of pain that your body naturally deals with. When someone is addicted to this medicine and they stop, they feel like theyre in pain constantly.. Ive personally seen a grown man sit in the floor shaking and crying over not being able to get those pills. Dont underestimate them, theyre probably the worse drug in the US right now, mostly because theyre a wolf in sheep's clothing. Some people can take or leave them, myself... they make me sick to my stomach, i take 1-2 and i feel like i want to throw up. I broke my arm and didnt even finish my subscription because id rather feel the pain than be sick. There's no way around getting addicted to this drug, if you take it long enough, your body will adapt to it. It's not a mental addiction, its a chemical addiction, unavoidable.

Catnip
07-16-2012, 10:00 PM
It's arguably one of the most addicting things you can take. One of my friends got to a point to where he was taking 30+ a day....... yes... 30+ a day..... he would chew up 10-12 at a time instantly 3 times a day. There were days id find him laying in the middle of the floor passed out, i could slap him and not wake him up, even carried him and put him in the shower one time to wake him up. Your body adapts to the painkiller and stops producing it's own natural painkillers. Your body damages itself daily, just walking and joint movement would causes some level of pain that your body naturally deals with. When someone is addicted to this medicine and they stop, they feel like theyre in pain constantly.. Ive personally seen a grown man sit in the floor shaking and crying over not being able to get those pills. Dont underestimate them, theyre probably the worse drug in the US right now, mostly because theyre a wolf in sheep's clothing. Some people can take or leave them, myself... they make me sick to my stomach, i take 1-2 and i feel like i want to throw up. I broke my arm and didnt even finish my subscription because id rather feel the pain than be sick. There's no way around getting addicted to this drug, if you take it long enough, your body will adapt to it. It's not a mental addiction, its a chemical addiction, unavoidable.

This. They're nothing to play with and trying to figure out your tolerance by self medicating may not be a good idea.

Kyle
07-16-2012, 10:22 PM
Here is a BIG DISCOVERY that I just discovered by using my brain. You ready for this. It's going to amaze you. Here it goes; Everybody has different organism, immune system, list goes on, so every organism reacts differently to certain drug. Fine example why marijuana will never be fully legal, some organisms out there just cant handle it.
That was hardly coherent.

Sorry to hear about your friend man, I appreciate the word of caution though. What you're describing is what I read about; as such, I was hesitant to even start taking them in the first place. Three nights and still not sleep had me questioning this shit though.

If they are 5's they wont do much. The 10's are a bit better.

Yeah they're 5's. I would double up, but from what I hear I'm probably better off not sleeping then getting hooked on these inadvertently.

This. They're nothing to play with and trying to figure out your tolerance by self medicating may not be a good idea.

For sure. The shitty thing about painkillers is that excess is not so clearly defined, so the doctors tend to be conservative, which leads some patients determine their own doses...

silversol
07-16-2012, 10:27 PM

Yeah they are. Your friend has a serious problem if he his taking 30+ a day Im sure a doctor is not giving him that many a month. When I was in the hospital last year I was on a morphien drip the to oxycodone and when I was relased they gave me hydrocodone. I dont have a addictive personality at all. And I was getting anxiety from not taking them That when I knew its time to stop taking them! I have good days and bad days I learned to just deal with the pain.

Sinfix_15
07-16-2012, 10:40 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend man, I appreciate the word of caution though. What you're describing is what I read about; as such, I was hesitant to even start taking them in the first place. Three nights and still not sleep had me questioning this shit though.

These things are legit. Turned at the time my best friend into a completely different person. Started with a car accident, had some left over, took them for fun, got worse and worse and worse.... and literally turned into the meth addict type scare stories you see on TV. He'd leave out notes and shit saying that he didnt commit suicide if they found him dead, to tell his parents he was sorry and that it was an accident because he knew he was going to take extreme amounts and couldnt stop. I tried to help him, tried to get him in rehab..... turned him into a completely different person. Life literally revolved around taking those pills. Didnt want to do anything else but get high. I honestly wouldnt believe it if i didnt see it with my own eyes. After years of trying to help him, eventually had to just cut ties. theyre no joke.....

as for the no sleeping problem.......... vicodin makes me sick to my stomach, soma is what ive taken in the past for help with injury. This isnt healthy and you do it at your own risk, but if pain is keeping me awake, i take 2-3 soma and drink 1 beer. The combination of the 2 knocks you out cold. Soma is addictive also, not something id take more than 2-3 days in a row. Also, im no doctor...... and im sure no doctor would advise you to drink beer with any medication.... but that works for me. I'm 6'2 250lbs, so adjust your dose accordingly.

Sinfix_15
07-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Yeah they are. Your friend has a serious problem if he his taking 30+ a day Im sure a doctor is not giving him that many a month. When I was in the hospital last year I was on a morphien drip the to oxycodone and when I was relased they gave me hydrocodone. I dont have a addictive personality at all. And I was getting anxiety from not taking them That when I knew its time to stop taking them! I have good days and bad days I learned to just deal with the pain.

He didnt get them from a doctor, he knew a girl that worked at a pharmacy who sold them to him by the 100s. Another reason i stopped associating with him..... he'd have 3-500 pills on him at any given time and i always assumed that the pharmacy would get wise at some point. This went on for like 3 years before i stopped talking to him. Amazed he isnt dead.

RL...
07-16-2012, 10:51 PM
I dont know much about drugs but I think the one ppl get hooked on is oxycodene. Either way ppl get hooked on anything. I bought a case of dust off compressed air to clean shit, and on the can it said it contains a bitterant....which means ppl apparently liked to sniff that shit. Ppl are just fucking stupid.

silversol
07-16-2012, 10:52 PM
He didnt get them from a doctor, he knew a girl that worked at a pharmacy who sold them to him by the 100s. Another reason i stopped associating with him..... he'd have 3-500 pills on him at any given time and i always assumed that the pharmacy would get wise at some point. This went on for like 3 years before i stopped talking to him. Amazed he isnt dead.

Yeah I friend of mines father had a back injury about like mine except he had pins and rods in his back. He poped pills like a kids with a peds dispenser. He died In his sleep and the doctor that did his autopsy said his heart was like styrofoam from the constant pill use. Its really sad.

Kyle
07-16-2012, 10:56 PM
These things are legit. Turned at the time my best friend into a completely different person. Started with a car accident, had some left over, took them for fun, got worse and worse and worse.... and literally turned into the meth addict type scare stories you see on TV. He'd leave out notes and shit saying that he didnt commit suicide if they found him dead, to tell his parents he was sorry and that it was an accident because he knew he was going to take extreme amounts and couldnt stop. I tried to help him, tried to get him in rehab..... turned him into a completely different person. Life literally revolved around taking those pills. Didnt want to do anything else but get high. I honestly wouldnt believe it if i didnt see it with my own eyes. After years of trying to help him, eventually had to just cut ties. theyre no joke.....

as for the no sleeping problem.......... vicodin makes me sick to my stomach, soma is what ive taken in the past for help with injury. This isnt healthy and you do it at your own risk, but if pain is keeping me awake, i take 2-3 soma and drink 1 beer. The combination of the 2 knocks you out cold. Soma is addictive also, not something id take more than 2-3 days in a row. Also, im no doctor...... and im sure no doctor would advise you to drink beer with any medication.... but that works for me. I'm 6'2 250lbs, so adjust your dose accordingly.
Good lord. Precisely, people think you take it recreationally and it will be fine because eventually you will run out... People don't account for the fact that once you become a drug addict you go into survival mode and life revolves around your addiction... so you will get more one way or another.

Yeah I'm hoping the muscle relaxers I pickup at the pharmacy tomorrow will be the end of my no sleep, but if not I will definitely ask my doctor about Soma. Personally, no sleep isn't a huge deal, but falling asleep at work in a big corporation lands me in a word of shit.

Doppelgänger
07-17-2012, 06:53 AM

OMG 'tarded post of the month. Is stupid a drug now?

roxie911
07-17-2012, 07:02 AM
Well damn...I'd take just one and it would almost knock me out haha Then again, I'm 5'3" and 93lbs, so anything can pretty much do that to me.

I feel like the doctors hand that stuff out like candy for how addicting it can actually be for some people. I had 2 staph infections spread into 2 months and the doctor gave me a ridiculous amount of refills. I mean, yeah, I was in pain, but not for the rest of my life. Needless to say, those refills do come in handy when I get hurt again (like this past weekend). I could see how someone could get addicted though. They kinda numb everything before it puts you out. I could've easily used them for emotional "help" at the time.

RL...
07-17-2012, 07:14 AM
Well damn...I'd take just one and it would almost knock me out haha Then again, I'm 5'3" and 93lbs, so anything can pretty much do that to me.

I feel like the doctors hand that stuff out like candy for how addicting it can actually be for some people. I had 2 staph infections spread into 2 months and the doctor gave me a ridiculous amount of refills. I mean, yeah, I was in pain, but not for the rest of my life. Needless to say, those refills do come in handy when I get hurt again (like this past weekend). I could see how someone could get addicted though. They kinda numb everything before it puts you out. I could've easily used them for emotional "help" at the time.

My experience with doctors and meds are different, they are always reluctant to give me refills even when I am in pain lol. And Im not one of those ppl who look shady or anything so idk.

roxie911
07-17-2012, 07:27 AM
I guess he felt sorry for me, so he up'd my refill count. I mean, he cut my leg open without numbing it at all. I don't think I've ever screamed that loud from pain lol The pills definitely helped my pain and did their job, but I won't lie, when I'm feeling down I'm always tempted to take some just to numb myself and get some sleep. They're not a good thing to have easy access to.

Bacon
07-17-2012, 10:34 AM
^ Yeah. I did a surgery about 2 months ago, and they gave me hydrocodone for pain, and whenever I took 2-3 pills I would be zoned out and get extremely sleepy..
Mine were 800mg

You would be incoherent and completely comatose or possibly dead if you were taking 800mg of Hydrocodone. You were likely taking Ibuprofen 800mg.

Hydrocodone is a Schedule III drug meaning it has a high abuse potential, moderate addiction level, but still has accepted medical use in the treatment of pain. Everyone has a different tolerance level to certain drugs. It would take five or more Lortab to do anything for me due to my past drug use but one could knock someone like Roxie on their ass. If it is not working, ask your doctor for either a Lortab 10 prescription or see if you can chase it with some Motrin.

Sinfix_15
07-17-2012, 01:52 PM
You would be incoherent and completely comatose or possibly dead if you were taking 800mg of Hydrocodone. You were likely taking Ibuprofen 800mg.

Hydrocodone is a Schedule III drug meaning it has a high abuse potential, moderate addiction level, but still has accepted medical use in the treatment of pain. Everyone has a different tolerance level to certain drugs. It would take five or more Lortab to do anything for me due to my past drug use but one could knock someone like Roxie on their ass. If it is not working, ask your doctor for either a Lortab 10 prescription or see if you can chase it with some Motrin.

What's your medical opinion of my 3 soma + beer remedy for sleep troubles?

Bacon
07-17-2012, 02:49 PM
What's your medical opinion of my 3 soma + beer remedy for sleep troubles?

I don't see anything wrong with downing your meds with a beer or two. That warning is more towards liquor. Now, as for your three Somas.......that's a bit much but if it works......

The downside I do see is with Soma being a strong muscle relaxant, too much of it at one time could knock out your respiratory drive and your body could "forget" to breathe during sleep.

Sinfix_15
07-17-2012, 02:51 PM
I don't see anything wrong with downing your meds with a beer or two. That warning is more towards liquor. Now, as for your three Somas.......that's a bit much but if it works......

I'm a big guy.... they dont really work without the beer, the beer seems to amplify the effect 5x. 1 soma = feel nothing. 2 soma = feel somewhat relaxed, 3 soma = little more relaxed, 3 soma + beer = will have trouble walking to my bedroom.

i hardly ever take medication of any sort. in a years time, id probably take medication 9-10 times over 3-4 weekends. I usually tough it out, but when i feel i need something.... i dont wanna mess around, knock me out.

Bacon
07-17-2012, 03:03 PM
Here is a site that list potential side effect associated with alcohol consumption along with prescription meds. Soma is on that list.

NIAAA Publications (http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/Medicine/medicine.htm)

Relentless
07-17-2012, 03:16 PM

It said on the prescription Hydrocodone/Acetaminophen 10-500T. But I think on the bottle it said 800mg

Bacon
07-17-2012, 03:21 PM
It said on the prescription Hydrocodone/Acetaminophen 10-500T. But I think on the bottle it said 800mg

The prescription was for Lortab 10 which is 10mg of Codeine and 500mg of Tylenol. Ibuprofen comes in 800mg prescriptions. Either the bottle was wrong or they gave you the wrong medication.

Either way, 800mg of Lortab would likely kill you.

Sinfix_15
07-17-2012, 04:25 PM
Here is a site that list potential side effect associated with alcohol consumption along with prescription meds. Soma is on that list.

NIAAA Publications (http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/Medicine/medicine.htm)

Drowsiness, dizziness; increased risk of seizures; increased risk for overdose; slowed or difficulty breathing; impaired motor control; unusual behavior; memory problems.

Sounds like a good nights rest to me.

Bacon
07-17-2012, 04:41 PM
No pain is good pain.

nelson9995
07-17-2012, 04:58 PM
Drowsiness, dizziness; increased risk of seizures; increased risk for overdose; slowed or difficulty breathing; impaired motor control; unusual behavior; memory problems.

Sounds like a good nights rest to me.

or you can have all of the good side effects, none of the bad, with a better treatment from simply smoking a joint.

Bacon
07-17-2012, 05:03 PM
or you can have all of the good side effects, none of the bad, with a better treatment from simply smoking a joint.

Marijuana has no analgesic properties. This comment is irrelevant.

Catnip
07-17-2012, 05:03 PM

And here we go...

Sinfix_15
07-17-2012, 05:23 PM

Not exactly the same feeling. Smoking makes me feel like i have a 10,000lb water bed laying on top of me, Soma+beer makes me feel like i've had 3 cases of beer, without the full stomach, sickness or hangover.

nelson9995
07-18-2012, 12:25 AM
lol. just had to see your reactions

nelson9995
07-18-2012, 12:30 AM
Sinfix- I finally got you to directly admit that you smoke! lol