PDA

View Full Version : Retail store psychology

ProjectWidow
12-04-2005, 05:01 PM
If anyone that currently works or has previously worked in a retail store maybe able to answer my question.

It seems like everytime someone from a certain department of the store leaves for a break that all of a sudden it gets busy. Another example is when a cashier goes to lunch, and you only have one more cashier, that all the customers decide to check out at once. Why does this happen?
Everytime I have to cover someone for a lunch break, it all of a sudden gets really busy. Like they can be dead all day and then when they leave for lunch it gets really busy.

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and why this happens? Seems like there is something that has to relate to why the customers do this or maybe its just always a coincidence.

Ms Dollar
12-04-2005, 05:03 PM
just coincidence really....kinda bad luck too at least when i was a supervisor at kroger it always happened that way....you are always busy as shit when you are one person short.

Hulud
12-04-2005, 05:06 PM
no its not coincidence it is a proven theory

Halfwit
12-04-2005, 05:10 PM
i go into stores and when i see some one go on break, i tell each person individuallly that there is a problem in the store and they needto leave.