PDA

View Full Version : SEDA's "The Untouchable" : Gwinnett Fairgrounds

Rhoad Racing
04-04-2005, 08:55 PM
http://www.southeastdrift.com//images/eventmedia/untouchable/untouchableflyer-web_small.jpg (http://www.southeastdrift.com/images/eventmedia/untouchable/untouchableflyer-web_large.jpg)
Click on Flyer to see full size..

All day practice drifting event at:
Gwinnett County Fairgrounds (http://w.gwinnettcountyfair.com)
2405 Sugarloaf Parkway - Lawrenceville, GA 30045

Registration & Tech: 7:00am - 7:45am (first session) & 1:00pm - 1:45pm (second session). If you registered for "all day" you MUST be at the AM tech.
Mandatory Driver's Meeting: 7:45am (DO NOT BE LATE IF YOU PLAN ON DRIVING)
Cars on Track: 8:00am - 8:00pm

Pre-registration $50.00 per session and $75 for All-Day pass
Day of Event $75.00 per session and $100 for All-Day pass

* There will be a max of 40 cars per session. Once a session, whether it be AM or PM, reaches 40 cars, only session passes for the opposite session will be sold. "All-Day" cars are included in the 40 car count.
example: 30 drivers purchase All-Day passes, 10 drivers purchase AM session passes, and 3 driver purchases a PM pass; the 30 All-Day drivers and 10 AM drivers will equal the 40 car max for the AM session. Now the 30 All-Day drivers from the AM session will flow over to the PM session which will leave 7 spots open for the PM session.

Spectators are $5.00 at the gate. valid all day.
Passengers are $10.00 at the gate. valid all day
if at all possible, when pre-registering, please do not include the passenger payment with the driver payment. We ask that you please pay at the gate.*cash only*

Panaramic Pic of venue (http://www.southeastdrift.com/images/eventmedia/untouchable/gwinnettfair-panaramic.jpg)
Vid clip of venue.*Right Click. Save As* (http://www.southeastdrift.com/vids/gwinnettfairground.MPG)

Preregister through PayPal to [email protected] . In the "Email Subject" window put The Untouchable
In the notes section you can optionally put something about The Untouchable at Gwinnett County Fairgrounds if you want to ensure that there is no confusion on what the payment is for.
Pre-Registration Ends on Sunday, June 12th!!

NOTES:
1. There will be a 40 DRIVER MAX. To make sure that everyone gets PLENTY of seat time. Once we reach the 40 DRIVER LIMIT THAT'S IT.

2. ALL DRIVERS NEED TO ARRIVE BETWEEN 7:30-8:30AM. If you are paid and do not arrive by 8:30AM, your registration will not be accepted. This will be 100% enforced.

3. General tech inspection guidelines --
a. Battery tie down -- you must have a strong battery tie down (preferably metal). Bungee cords are no good. Do not even bother getting in the tech line if your battery is not secured well. Battery boxes must be similarly secured.
b. Seat belts -- you must have a functional 3 (or more) point seat belt that is securely fastened.
c. Seat bolts -- make sure all your seat bolts are tight and present. You will not be able to drive with less than 4 bolts holding your seat to the chassis.
d. Lug Nuts / Studs -- you must have all lug nuts and studs per wheel. 3/4 or 4/5 lugs/studs fails tech. No exceptions.
e. Wheel bearings -- must not exhibit excessive play.

4. There will be a tire changer onsite!!!

You must be 18 to drive by yourself. If you are a licensed driver under 18 and would like to participate, you must have a parent or guardian present with ID to sign the minor waiver.

Any Sponsorship information can be sent to [email protected] or [email protected]

Tracy
04-04-2005, 08:59 PM
Glad ya'll could lock down that spot. I tried for a year. Maybe it's because I'm a girl :(

Danny
04-04-2005, 09:07 PM
Full Lock Media will be doing event coverage as usual. Can't wait to see everyone there!!!!!

Rhoad Racing
04-04-2005, 09:15 PM
Thanks Tracy. We hope to see you out there. This course is going to rawk!!! If you want 3rd, possibly even 4 gear turns.....this is the event to come to!!!

we'll have a tire changer on-site....so bring plenty of tires.

HiPSI
04-04-2005, 09:55 PM
i'll be there for sure... who's bringing the tire changer?

Rhoad Racing
04-04-2005, 09:58 PM
rawk on!! See you out there.

I don't recall who's bringing it. I can find out for you though.

CodyW
04-04-2005, 10:21 PM
you know i'm down

Kapil
04-07-2005, 03:30 PM
We cant wait to cover the event!
Full Lock Media

man
04-07-2005, 03:31 PM
hopefully I'll be ready, if not, you know I'll be there anyway

HiPSI
04-07-2005, 03:45 PM
i like the fact that we can take passengers along for rides :). that'll be fun i think :D

DrivenMind
04-08-2005, 05:31 PM
I'll be there if the AE86 decides to function properly.

Elbow
05-29-2005, 11:20 AM
Hey if I am 17 can I show up and ride if I pay for a passenger, or do I have to be with someone racing or need a waiver or anything?

HiPSI
05-29-2005, 06:57 PM
Hey if I am 17 can I show up and ride if I pay for a passenger, or do I have to be with someone racing or need a waiver or anything?

i don't think they will be checking ID's to do a ridealong... as long as you pay your $10 to get in then you're good. just gotta make sure someone has a helmet for you.

Elbow
05-29-2005, 07:04 PM
I have a helmet I race Solo 2, and some track days. Thanks should be fun!

HiPSI
05-29-2005, 07:45 PM
I have a helmet I race Solo 2, and some track days. Thanks should be fun!

if you want a definite answer either post on the SEDA forum or email "Rhoad Racing"

bigpanda16
06-08-2005, 07:40 PM
i cant wait to burn that mother down
finally got the parts i needed for my broke down 4ag
im pumped about the figure-8 course

wannab20hatch
06-08-2005, 10:35 PM
Just noticed that this is on a monday. :( i wont be able to come watch. work sucks

green91
06-09-2005, 06:15 PM
woohoo, i dont have ot work until 2pm so im gonna drop by and spectate!

HiPSI
06-10-2005, 09:21 AM
woohoo, i dont have ot work until 2pm so im gonna drop by and spectate!

pay the $10 so you can do ridealongs :D

green91
06-10-2005, 11:29 AM
ok! your shit gonna be runnin by then?

HiPSI
06-10-2005, 11:50 AM
ok! your shit gonna be runnin by then?

it's running now :)

Rhoad Racing
06-10-2005, 04:38 PM
the way we've set the day up.....each All-Day driver will have the opportunity to get 8hrs of actual seat time!!! And session drivers will get up to 4hrs of, sitting in the seat, turing the wheel, buring the tires......seat time!

basically....we are going to wear ya'lls asses out with seat time ;)

HiPSI
06-10-2005, 04:45 PM
the way we've set the day up.....each All-Day driver will have the opportunity to get 8hrs of actual seat time!!! And session drivers will get up to 4hrs of, sitting in the seat, turing the wheel, buring the tires......seat time!

basically....we are going to wear ya'lls asses out with seat time ;)

hmmm... i only have 3 sets of tires to use so i'll have to take breaks ;)

PSINXS
06-13-2005, 08:07 PM
This was a good event. I saw Cody W. out there, Youst240, MIke with the supercharged miata and others. Mike has mad skills at the wheel. I got to ride with him and he has so much control and perfect technique. I smell a pro soon.

green91
06-13-2005, 08:08 PM
i was there in the morning and it looked like a good event... my face is nice and sunburned now :)

HiPSI
06-13-2005, 08:47 PM
i'm burnt, drained of any and all energy, and still smiling :D. can't wait to see some pics/video.

sucks for all those who had mechanical issues, the heat can do nasty stuff :(

Youst420
06-13-2005, 09:00 PM
i blew my head gasket... ON MY SECOND RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im pissed but oh well. it will be ready by southern fried slide 3!

PSINXS
06-13-2005, 09:03 PM
I will be ready as well. u gotta teach me a few things before then Chris.

DreamerTheresa
06-13-2005, 09:26 PM
*wisdom*

Don't let the boyfriend borrow the digicam without reminding him that there are "special" pictures still stored on it.

Because he will do the following:
"Hey, man, I got some great pictures of you drifting, here, look."

"WOAH! AWESOME PICTURES, DUDE!"

:: faceplant ::

Kermit
06-13-2005, 09:33 PM
*wisdom*

Don't let the boyfriend borrow the digicam without reminding him that there are "special" pictures still stored on it.

Because he will do the following:
"Hey, man, I got some great pictures of you drifting, here, look."

"WOAH! AWESOME PICTURES, DUDE!"

:: faceplant ::
Uhoh, sounds like someone's sleeping on the couch tonight

CodyW
06-13-2005, 09:59 PM
i was out there all day and had a great time with the exception of my massive boost leak that couldn't be fixed on the spot and resulted in me running 0-5 psi all day. it still got sideways alright though and i had a blast, so i guess it's all good :).

DrivenMind
06-13-2005, 10:40 PM
Had a great time, wish I had a camera to have taken some pictures... Insane amount of seat time, and it'd be awesome if they'd hold one of these events at night or something. That heat was unbearable. I'm bright red.

FullLock was there filming the entire thing, and I mounted my mini-Dv cam on several cars in line, so the video should be good when it comes out. I'm also doing a side project called "Learning to Drift" which is going to be a small online series of videos kinda following myself and a few of my friends as we start off in drifting and hopefully documenting our progress. So I'll have the footage from my car available, but I'm not doing the editing for this event so I can't really include any other footage in my video except myself and Harrison.

but.... we (fulllock) we're filming all day long (and using one of the nice cameras) all over the place so the video for this event should be geat.

DreamerTheresa
06-13-2005, 11:03 PM
Uhoh, sounds like someone's sleeping on the couch tonight

Nah. Wasn't his fault. :tongue:

bigpanda16
06-14-2005, 05:13 PM
amazing event, amazing venue/course setup, so much seat time, shoulda brought more tires
cant wait till the next one
and to see all the pics and videos from it

Kalifornia087
06-15-2005, 03:03 PM
woohoo!! that event was awesome!! i didn't have a car to drive due to it only being my 2nd day back in GA, but it was freaking great! got to ride with a few people that were really good like Mike(miata), Jeff (4door auto lexus), and some Rx7's, one being turbo... hopefully i will get my freind to sell me his '90 240 hatch (sohc i know... but gotta start somewhere...) by the next southern fried slide to get some seat time out there!! see you guys there!

DrivenMind
06-15-2005, 05:06 PM
the 90s 240s were sohc?

damn... I never knew that...

I thought the dohc KA24DE was pretty much what we got from the get go

Spyder
06-15-2005, 05:08 PM
the 90s 240s were sohc?

damn... I never knew that...

I thought the dohc KA24DE was pretty much what we got from the get go

89 and 90 were KA24E motor's :)

Spyder
06-15-2005, 05:09 PM
BTW did anyone post pictures of this event anywhere?

HiPSI
06-15-2005, 05:26 PM
BTW did anyone post pictures of this event anywhere?

there are a few on the seda site but there has to be tons coming.

Kalifornia087
06-18-2005, 08:54 AM
89 and 90 were KA24E motor's :)

yeah... sigh... little less torque, little less power, but not that much different...