PDA

View Full Version : Good morning from...

quickdodgeŽ
07-03-2012, 08:30 AM
Tampa, Florida. Not a fan of the Gulf side of this state at all, but spending time with some fun family. See y'all. Later, QD

Echonova
07-03-2012, 08:33 AM
Have fun!

quickdodgeŽ
07-03-2012, 08:40 AM
Did you not read the part about me being in Tampa?

Lolol. There are no waves on this side of Florida. One does not come to Florida unless one wants to surf. If I want to look at waveless waters I'll go to Lake Lanier or the creek in my backyard.

But thanks, Kev, I will. Talk to you soon. Our "issues" at work may soon be resolved. I'll call you in a bit to fill you in. Later, QD.

C230K
07-03-2012, 08:57 AM
Pics?

00CelicaGT
07-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Tampa, Florida. Not a fan of the Gulf side of this state at all, but spending time with some fun family. See y'all. Later, QD

Gulf side is the best for fishing though...

quickdodgeŽ
07-03-2012, 09:40 AM
Surfing is much better than fishing. Later, QD.

RandomGuy
07-03-2012, 09:59 AM
Gulf side is the best for fishing though...
:goodjob:

I caught my first saltwater fish there when I was a kid- a mackerel of some sort off of the pier near panama city

Echonova
07-03-2012, 10:26 AM
But thanks, Kev, I will. Talk to you soon. Our "issues" at work may soon be resolved. I'll call you in a bit to fill you in. Later, QD.Good to hear.

Sammich
07-03-2012, 01:05 PM
the awkward moment when you find out QD surfs...totally rad lol

quickdodgeŽ
07-07-2012, 11:01 AM
the awkward moment when you find out QD surfs...totally rad lol

Completely forgot about this thread. And yes, I surf. Been surfing since the mid 1980's. Later, QD.

slow_hatch
07-07-2012, 11:08 AM
Surfing is much better than fishing. Later, QD.

Truth..

00CelicaGT
07-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Truth..

Maybe when ur catching guppies, nothing is better then Hauling in a 200-300lb yellow fin tuna or a 150lb grouper. Hell I've cought 2 bull sharks in the gulf, but Florida is not the place for surfing period unless there's a hurricane coming. Surfing 2-3' waves can get boring fast.

quickdodgeŽ
07-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Maybe when ur catching guppies, nothing is better then Hauling in a 200-300lb yellow fin tuna or a 150lb grouper. Hell I've cought 2 bull sharks in the gulf, but Florida is not the place for surfing period unless there's a hurricane coming. Surfing 2-3' waves can get boring fast.

If I want to fish, I'll go to Lake Lanier. Florida NOT the place for surfing. Try going to the ocean side of Florida. You'd be amazed. Later, QD.

00CelicaGT
07-08-2012, 12:09 PM
I grew up in Miami so I know how the ocean side is. I've never really seen any waves that were big so to speak, a few friends of mine surfed and they would always say surfing in FL was wack unless a hurricane rolled through lol. I went out about 6-7 times and the waves were always 3-3.5 which isn't too bad I guess, I'm not a surfer so I would really know. Either way a vacation is always nice, especially around any ocean...

quickdodgeŽ
07-08-2012, 02:31 PM
I grew up in Miami so I know how the ocean side is. I've never really seen any waves that were big so to speak, a few friends of mine surfed and they would always say surfing in FL was wack unless a hurricane rolled through lol. I went out about 6-7 times and the waves were always 3-3.5 which isn't too bad I guess, I'm not a surfer so I would really know. Either way a vacation is always nice, especially around any ocean...

I neither grew up in Florida nor lived there. I wish, though. But throughout the late 80's, a friend of mine and I went, twice a month, to Cocoa Beach and Sebastian Inlet (Melbourne) to surf. Waves consistently topped out at around 6-7' easy. Perfect for bodyboarding.

And you're right about the vacation. Always nice. Later, QD.

OrtegaBoy
07-08-2012, 02:42 PM
I am on my way back from the Florida Keys. What a long road ahead of me I Got .... :( But nonetheless I had fun.fishing

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

D3UC3S
07-08-2012, 04:51 PM
I neither grew up in Florida nor lived there. I wish, though. But throughout the late 80's, a friend of mine and I went, twice a month, to Cocoa Beach and Sebastian Inlet (Melbourne) to surf. Waves consistently topped out at around 6-7' easy. Perfect for bodyboarding.

And you're right about the vacation. Always nice. Later, QD.

Cocoa beach holds a giant surfing competition every year and sebastian inlet is world famous for waves.

I lived on Merritt Island for almost 2 yrs and even entered the tournament one summer. Good 5' waves all day w/o a storm in sight.

Enjoy the vacation sir! Gulf side does suck tho.

quickdodgeŽ
07-08-2012, 08:09 PM
I am on my way back from the Florida Keys. What a long road ahead of me I Got .... :( But nonetheless I had fun.fishing

One of the best places to chill is the Keys. Love that place. Not so much the drive, though, lolol.

Cocoa beach holds a giant surfing competition every year and sebastian inlet is world famous for waves.

I lived on Merritt Island for almost 2 yrs and even entered the tournament one summer. Good 5' waves all day w/o a storm in sight.

Enjoy the vacation sir! Gulf side does suck tho.

Yessir. You tell 'em, lolol. Been surfing (bodyboarding) there, on and off, for about 25 years now. Later, QD.

OrtegaBoy
07-08-2012, 11:34 PM
It was beautiful in Key West not much beach wise stuff to do. Did a lot of deep sea fishing. Oh did I forget to mention all the Damn hen and rooster all over the place

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk