PDA

View Full Version : So.....now anything over 85MPH is considered "Super Speeder"??? wtf

Franco Tirador
06-24-2012, 04:45 PM
I thought it was like 20 over whatever the limit is of the jurisdiction you are in, i guess not anymore, not a lot of people were falling for that, so apparently they just made it anything over 85mp is considered super speeder. Last month i went to Florida, i did notice that i only saw state troopers giving tickets out in Georgia, once in Florida people were flying, so on the way back i thought to be extra careful, until i got to Tifton, GA. Freaking State Trooper was on the overpass and like 3 suburbans on the ramp ready chase; full blown trap. They got me with a 90 in a 70, i had not gotten a ticket in a while so i thought $250 tops, i called them, they're like "oh, anything over 90 is a standard $700" im like, lady im only asking for my ticket, not mines and the other two people that were being ticketed at the same time the guy was writing me the ticket, she was like "i understand sir, but for your citation number the amount is $700", i had to mail in, cant do it any other way, a request to see the judge, and it had to be done within 5 days, so i got my appt three weeks ago, did not feel that bad after talking to a guy that an $1,100 ticket for going 100 in a 70. Thankfully, since i made the 4 hour drive down there, they lowred it to $500, still high but no points, i could have thrown that money on the stupid prelude, but wth, dont do anything over 85, i was contemplating on getting a radar before i took the trip, next time i go down there im getting one

Scotsman
06-24-2012, 04:49 PM
so you went "20" over and are complaining about the fine? cmon bub , 10 over (from my exp) is fine , you went well beyond that and thought" oh i'll be fine" just because you saw others doing it?

1civic
06-24-2012, 04:49 PM
Dont forget about the 250 to DDS which is separate from the fine!!

And license is suspended if not paid... :yes:

Franco Tirador
06-24-2012, 04:53 PM
so you went "20" over and are complaining about the fine? cmon bub , 10 over (from my exp) is fine , you went well beyond that and thought" oh i'll be fine" just because you saw others doing it?

this is on the highway, in the middle of the day, just flowing with traffic

Franco Tirador
06-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Dont forget about the 250 to DDS which is separate from the fine!!

And license is suspended if not paid... :yes:

i heard about that, i thought it was all included, being it was that much.....

Scotsman
06-24-2012, 05:00 PM
this is on the highway, in the middle of the day, just flowing with trafficohhhhhhhhhhhhhh , they should have exemption stickers then , if you dont have a bone stock car , expect to get pulled out of traffic for tickets , you can thank the new gen for that

1civic
06-24-2012, 05:01 PM

No, if they send this in DDS will tack on 250 and is separate from the fine.. Has to be paid at their office!

Sometimes you will get a notice in the mail, but don't trust that.. Call DDS and talk to them in the morning! ;)

quickdodge®
06-24-2012, 05:59 PM
this is on the highway, in the middle of the day, just flowing with traffic

Laws do not have a regular work schedule. They are twenty-four hour cycle. And it goes along with the "if everyone jumped off a cliff, would you" reasoning. Where you are, the time of day and who else is doing it doesn't exclude anyone.

No sir. It is twenty over and separate. You should expect a bill here pretty soon from DDS. Later, QD.

BanginJimmy
06-24-2012, 06:04 PM
i had to mail in, cant do it any other way, a request to see the judge, and it had to be done within 5 days, so i got my appt three weeks ago,

When you got your ticket, you got your court date. There is no requesting to see a judge, you just show up on the date stated on the ticket.

toxxxic
06-24-2012, 07:07 PM
that's always been the rule. over 85 mph on the highway is super speeder.

Sinfix_15
06-24-2012, 07:18 PM
i traveled safely to central florida and back at an avg speed of 95mph. I was reasonably in the flow of traffic and did not hurt anyone. I had a safe trip and nothing bad happened. wonder what the big deal about it is?

http://irresponsibility.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/170763_america_freedom_for_sale_1.jpg

quickdodge®
06-24-2012, 08:09 PM
When you got your ticket, you got your court date. There is no requesting to see a judge, you just show up on the date stated on the ticket.

That's right. You go to court and the see the solicitor first. They are the ones you usually talk to get a reduced fine or a change in charges to protect your MVR.

that's always been the rule. over 85 mph on the highway is super speeder.

Both of your points are wrong. It hasn't always been the rule and it's not over 85 mph.

wonder what the big deal about it is?

It had nothing to with safety. He's just talking about the high fines. Later, QD.

toxxxic
06-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Both of your points are wrong. It hasn't always been the rule and it's not over 85 mph.

(quoted from Frequently Asked Questions - DDS (http://www.dds.ga.gov/FAQs/Index.aspx?FAQCategoryID=34))

What is Super Speeder?
Georgia's 'Super Speeder Law' defines a Super Speeder as a driver convicted of speeding at 75 mph or more on a two-lane road or at 85 mph and above on any road or highway in the State of Georgia.

....... that's been the case since 1/1/10

quickdodge®
06-24-2012, 08:41 PM
(quoted from Frequently Asked Questions - DDS (http://www.dds.ga.gov/FAQs/Index.aspx?FAQCategoryID=34))

What is Super Speeder?
Georgia's 'Super Speeder Law' defines a Super Speeder as a driver convicted of speeding at 75 mph or more on a two-lane road or at 85 mph and above on any road or highway in the State of Georgia.

....... that's been the case since 1/1/10

I stand corrected then. On the second part. I thought it was 20 mph or more.

You corrected yourself for the first part. Later, QD.

Sinfix_15
06-24-2012, 08:47 PM
It had nothing to with safety. He's just talking about the high fines. Later, QD.

rephrase, I wonder what the big deal is that they feel the need to attach high fines? Speaking to the law rather than the poster.

quickdodge®
06-24-2012, 08:48 PM
rephrase, I wonder what the big deal is that they feel the need to attach high fines? Speaking to the law rather than the poster.

The almighty $. You know the routine, lolol. Later, QD.

Sinfix_15
06-24-2012, 08:51 PM
The almighty $. You know the routine, lolol. Later, QD.

Indeed, we pay a premium for this "freedom".

quickdodge®
06-24-2012, 08:56 PM
Freedom isn't so free these days. But we're still better off than most of the rest of the world. Later, QD.

toxxxic
06-24-2012, 08:59 PM
I got a ticket a few months back driving through Morrow -- I wasn't really familiar with the area, so I wasn't paying attention to road signs, just going with the flow of traffic (I was in the right lane when I got pulled over LOL) -- The cop clocked me doing 81. The shitty part was that apparently there is like a 30 mile long "CONSTRUCTION ZONE" through Clayton & Henry county on 75... so the speed limit was reduced to 55. Not a super speeder, but the fine was $809 ... EIGHT HUNDRED AND NINE. Speeding fines are getting a little ridiculous these days if you ask me. Me paying money for driving too fast has not changed my driving habits, if speeding tickets weren't a revenue collection scheme, and the govt was actually concerned with peoples well being, cars wouldn't physically be able to go over 70. Easy fix, but I guess we have to get dollars somehow.

Luckily, the cop who wrote me that $809 ticket got fired & I was let off :)

D3UC3S
06-24-2012, 09:05 PM
Freedom isn't so free these days. But we're still better off than most of the rest of the world. Later, QD.

Yep! I guess they also think that people will tell their friends how bad the shit sandwich tasted when they got caught speeding on the highway.

Lol @ OP being pissed for getting caught and making a thread for our entertainment!

Sinfix_15
06-24-2012, 09:27 PM

Most..... but not all. We should be better off than ALL. How can the US justify being the 12th ranked country in quality of life when we're the "most powerful nation in the world". the highest bill i pay is taxes... and that's just counting payroll tax, not even factoring in other taxes and/or misc fines. yet when i turn on the TV, all i hear is how the government doesnt have enough money.

Even though Fox news would have you believe the rest of the world looks like this...........

http://img.opentravel.com/blogs/travel-blog-magazine-1234_3.jpg

some of it looks like this................

http://www.mizozo.com/images/item_images/24000/23565_gallery.jpg

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/8829/shanghai1vz9.png

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ebWXswkZ35k/TzX1j_mwpQI/AAAAAAAAnfY/_uI98W53iTg/s1600/Most+Beautiful+Cities+in+the+World.jpeg

http://travelweekly.asia/images/news/ritz_carlton_hongkong.jpg

http://dubaiw.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/burj-dubai-dubai-night-525x434.jpg

http://www.sydneyhotelsearch.com/images/sydney1.jpg

efNawesome
06-25-2012, 05:02 AM
well i gues im pretty lucky then i just got a ticket right at 3 weeks ago for going 98 in a 65 and it was only 280$ and i didnt go to court so my dad being a cop didnt help me at all

Bacon
06-25-2012, 08:40 PM
Don't wanna pay the high fines? Slow the fuck down. Simple concept.

Matt300ZXT
06-25-2012, 09:18 PM
I don't see what the point in bitching is. I have a 400hp 5 speed 300ZX that BEGS to be driven fast. The fastest I've ever had that car is like 75 tops, maybe 80 if I wasn't paying attention to the speedometer for a second. Usually, I'm cruising at 65-70. I guess it's just the guys with the low powered cars that are always speeding...sorta goes along with the phenomena where old guys driving fast muscle cars and Corvettes are always just poking along on the interstate, they don't have anything to prove and are just enjoying the ride in a nice car ;)

Sinfix_15
06-26-2012, 09:52 AM
I don't see what the point in bitching is. I have a 400hp 5 speed 300ZX that BEGS to be driven fast. The fastest I've ever had that car is like 75 tops, maybe 80 if I wasn't paying attention to the speedometer for a second. Usually, I'm cruising at 65-70. I guess it's just the guys with the low powered cars that are always speeding...sorta goes along with the phenomena where old guys driving fast muscle cars and Corvettes are always just poking along on the interstate, they don't have anything to prove and are just enjoying the ride in a nice car ;)

Not everyone is speeding because theyre showing off or racing. 90-95 is a perfectly acceptable speed on i75.... If you get on i75... its not a bunch of civics racing each other across country.... its vans... trucks, suvs.... all doing 90-95.... and traveling safely.

00 blk G20t
06-26-2012, 10:40 AM
yeah you should just always fight it. Tie them up in court and kill them with paperwork. Do your part.

EG_Ryder
06-26-2012, 11:55 AM
I thought it was like 20 over whatever the limit is of the jurisdiction you are in, i guess not anymore, not a lot of people were falling for that, so apparently they just made it anything over 85mp is considered super speeder. Last month i went to Florida, i did notice that i only saw state troopers giving tickets out in Georgia, once in Florida people were flying, so on the way back i thought to be extra careful, until i got to Tifton, GA.
Mistake #1 driving that fast and getting caught.
Mistake #2 Driving that fast in south Ga. From Dooley county all the way down south to Tifton is the worst place to speed in GA. Police departments get all of the tickets filled by sitting on the over passes and clocking speeders in this area. I know this because I drove from valdosta to atlanta and back every other weekend for about 2 1/2 years straight.

Bajjani
06-26-2012, 01:03 PM
The most annoying for me is when I drive back to KY the speed on the hwy drops from 70 to 65 and I always get busted for 15 over doing 80. Fucking drives me nuts lol.

Franco Tirador
06-27-2012, 12:14 AM
Mistake #1 driving that fast and getting caught.
Mistake #2 Driving that fast in south Ga. From Dooley county all the way down south to Tifton is the worst place to speed in GA. Police departments get all of the tickets filled by sitting on the over passes and clocking speeders in this area. I know this because I drove from valdosta to atlanta and back every other weekend for about 2 1/2 years straight.

i know now, when i went back down there, i was in a car that had cruise control, everytime the speed limit changed, i just adjusted it, i think it's all about politics, small town like that get a lot of revenues from writing tickets, i tried to offer the guys $350, he straight said that's out of the question lol, it was all about the money, they are at a good spot too because I drove all the way to Naples and i did not see one speed trap in Florida. I guess Florida gets enough revenue from tourism where they dont have to do a lot of speed traps. So on the way back from Florida, everyone is "flying" so to speak, before i got the ticket people were just passing me like it was nothing, A couple of my co-workers were telling me they got tickets in that area before too, im pretty sure all them southern GA towns make very good money from that, some people on here say you automatically get a court date with every ticket, and in the metro area i have gotten tickets like that, but this one, the lady said i had to mail in a request within like 10 days I think, and then wait for them to send me a date in the mail, and on top of that you have to go down there.

I bet they make good money from all of those out of state people, i seen tags in Florida from every single state in the union, even freaking Alaska! and a bunch of Canadian tags, i asked one lady driving a real Canadian 2nd Gen TL A-spec how long it took her to drive down to Florida, she said it took her like a week; and you cant call the next day to find out how much the ticket is, you have to wait like a week, im sure they get a lot of people like that

Franco Tirador
06-27-2012, 12:16 AM
Not everyone is speeding because theyre showing off or racing. 90-95 is a perfectly acceptable speed on i75.... If you get on i75... its not a bunch of civics racing each other across country.... its vans... trucks, suvs.... all doing 90-95.... and traveling safely.

it's probably different in TN...

RL...
06-27-2012, 02:25 AM
I wish they would ticket those people who didn't follow the rule "slower traffic keeps right".

Nothing pisses me off more than when the two left most lanes on a highway are occupied by mofos going 60mph. The reason I dont have a gun is because I know one day my road rage would get the best of me.

CDangerfield
06-27-2012, 03:34 AM
I got a ticket for going 87 in a 70 in Douglasville recently. He clocked me at 87 and wrote the ticket for 87...I was late for a funeral. Kid you not, in a suit...FUNERAL. And the asshole didn't drop the speed two or three efffing mph.

tnomud
06-27-2012, 08:10 AM
FWIW, the fines for "Fleeing and Eluding" and "Altered Tag" are usually less than a super speeder ticket.:lmfao:

Franco Tirador
06-27-2012, 10:22 PM
I got a ticket for going 87 in a 70 in Douglasville recently. He clocked me at 87 and wrote the ticket for 87...I was late for a funeral. Kid you not, in a suit...FUNERAL. And the asshole didn't drop the speed two or three efffing mph.

that sucks, really does

Vteckidd
06-27-2012, 10:41 PM
Never go travel faster than 80mph on any interstate and never travel faster than 55 on a 2 lane highway. That will usually keep you out of trouble. If you get pulled over for speeding you should expect to pay the fine

Vteckidd
06-27-2012, 10:45 PM
I'd say the average speed is 75mph not 90-95. That's rediculous. Lots of rookies in here. Anytime you change county line's and see a speed limit change obey it . Its most likely there for a reason.

Entering Alabama from i20 it drops 15mph for a reason, tickets.

quickdodge®
06-27-2012, 11:10 PM
Entering Alabama from i20 it drops 15mph for a reason, tickets.

Not any more, sir. It's been raised back up to 65 until you hit mile marker 210 where it drops to 55 for about 20 miles. The reason is not tickets. The county was sued when a woman and child were killed when a rock was kicked up from the road and it went straight through the windshield and hit the woman in the face. They're trying to get that money back with ticketing. But there is also a lot of I-20 roadwork (re-vamping) from mile marker 210 to mile marker 147. Later, QD.

Deke
06-28-2012, 12:07 AM
it's probably different in TN...

TN does seem to move at a slightly slower pace on the interstate than Georgia. I make the trip from Nashville to Atlanta fairly often, and I usually keep the cruise control in the 79-82 mph range (with a 70 mph speed limit). In Tennessee I'm usually one of the faster cars on the road. In Georgia I get passed a bit more often.

Sidenote: I think a few of you have a different interpretation of "flow of traffic" than I do :D

EG_Ryder
06-28-2012, 05:44 AM
I wish they would ticket those people who didn't follow the rule "slower traffic keeps right".

I couldn't agree more. I got pulled over and bitched out for riding an undercover sheriff's ass cause he wanted to do 10 under the speed limit in the left lane. I know tailgating is wrong, but he should obey the signs that state slower traffic keep right.

Nerdsrock22
06-28-2012, 08:48 AM
Never go travel faster than 80mph on any interstate and never travel faster than 55 on a 2 lane highway. That will usually keep you out of trouble. If you get pulled over for speeding you should expect to pay the fine

Best advice in the thread. Racking up tickets eventually catches up to you. It's best to accept it and save the speeding for the race track.

Captain-Obvious™
06-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Super Speeder law is win. Most cops are greedy and won't pull you over unless you're "super speeding" So you can get away with doing 75-80 with little fear of being pulled over. That being said, If you're speeding at all be prepared for the consequences and don't complain. You knew the rules.

1moreaccord
07-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Nerve of those Police.. giving speeding tickets for 20 mph over..

thesammy
07-04-2012, 01:59 AM
After I purchased a GPS I stopped speeding. After seeing I decrease my 45min drive down to 41min by going way over the speed limit, I realized it really wasn't worth it in the end. I can understand that on a long drive speeding cuts a significant amount of time off in the end if you're consistent, but 10 over is good enough and usually keeps you free from trouble if you're really in a hurry.