PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Inspection for rebuilt title

Austin?
06-14-2012, 10:56 PM
I just got a car that had been deem total loss buy the insurance company.
Im looking into rebuilt it and getting it ready for inspection in a few weeks.
Does any of ya had gotta any car inspected before to get a rebuilt title?
what is the main thing that they look for and does all body line have to be perfectly aligned?
i have no frame damage at all but some sheet metal behind the fender next to the head light have have a few wrinkle front being hit. I don't think it going to look perfect unless it have to be cut out and reeled new one in. so what do they look for? Little sheet metal wrinkle but not frame damage post a problem for receiving rebuilt title?

RsonGt3's
06-14-2012, 11:51 PM
My friend owns a body shop and all his clients are africans that buy and ship salvage cars to africa so he knows all about it. Ill ask him and update you on here tomorrow.

silversol
06-15-2012, 12:01 AM
I had a rebuilders licence. I can give you the number to a inspector if you need it. they will inspect the welds if any check for damage to the frame if any in the are where it was damaged. Also dont paint anything untill its inspected!!! They will check to make sure all the lights in the dash come on and go off like they should like the abs/srs lights. They will also check all the safety equipment all the lights the seatbelts windshield wipers. Also the windshield cant be damaged. they will also want pictures of the vehicle before any repairs are performed and recieps of the parts used for the repair this only applys if its a ga salvage title. you dont need pics or recieps if its a out of state salvage title.

Austin?
06-15-2012, 08:58 AM
So I would have to bring them the car with out the fender and bumper installed. What about little sheet metal wrinkled will that post an issue for passing?

silversol
06-15-2012, 09:32 AM
No the parts can be instaled just not painted. The wrinkel should not be an issue as long as there are no broken welds ect.

Austin?
06-15-2012, 10:42 AM
Cool.

e7-06
08-02-2012, 10:41 PM
their goana check were the car was hit and damaged obiously but thats the main thing and if they find something they dont like they wont approve iit