PDA

View Full Version : Forged Performance: Atlanta Motorsports Park HPDE Track Day- July 28-29

CHADbee
06-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Forged Performance is pleased to announce we have signed with Atlanta Motorsports Park to offer our first private track day at the newly completed Atlanta Motorsports Park. AMP is the newest track to open their gates in the South East and many of you have undoubtedly heard of this fantastic facility. Although Forged Performance is a Founding Member of AMP, track rentals to the public are extremely limited and currently booked out for the remainder of 2012. The circuit is located in Dawsonville, Georgia just 1 hr north of metro Atlanta and offers the most extreme and radical changes in elevation most drivers will ever experience. Those that have driven the track will agree it is a real challenge to master and an enormous amount of fun.

http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac177/sbaset/AMP%20999%20Supersport%20Test/DSC_0512.jpg

Event Details:
• Sat/Sun 2-Day Event: July 28th-29th, 2012
• All Skill Levels Welcome: 3 Run Groups based on experience
• All Makes and Models welcome (98dB Sound Limit Strictly Enforced)
• Up to 3 hours of track time EACH DAY
• Professional Instructors for all Novice Drivers
• Classroom Instruction by Scott Siegel of Siegel Racing
• Traqmate Data Analysis Private Training available
• Suspension Setup tips by Forged Performance Senior Technicians
• Catered Lunch both days included for Registered Drivers
• Guests Welcome for Ride-Alongs or spectating at no charge
• $495 for both Sat/Sunday

http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac177/sbaset/AMP%20999%20Supersport%20Test/DSC_0520.jpg

Enrollment will be limited to only 60 drivers, and we are expecting the event to quickly sell out. Please sign up on our website, and as always, your Credit Card will not be charged until 2 weeks before the event. Once your entry is received there will be no refunds and the event will run rain or shine!

**PLEASE REGISTER HERE (http://www.forgedperformance.com/store/product.php?productid=19720&cat=492&page=1) and note your run group: Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced in the notes section of the order.

Feel free to call, email, PM us with any questions or concerns!

[email protected]
770-792-0202
Forged Performance (http://www.forgedperformance.com) - Don't forget to check out our blog!

JBalla1036
06-27-2012, 01:17 PM
Nice!! Need to get my car ready.

Boosted FC
06-27-2012, 03:11 PM
Nice!! Need to get my car ready.

Which one?

4Dr_Teg
06-28-2012, 02:07 AM
Will be at ImportAlliance =(

Elbow
06-28-2012, 05:53 AM
I'd go if they didn't have such stupid sound rules. :(

David88vert
06-28-2012, 07:58 AM
I'd go if they didn't have such stupid sound rules. :(

The owner told the stock Lambo guys not to even bother going out on the track, and told the Viper guy to short shift, due to the sound restriction.

It looks like a good track, just the sound restriction is bad - ut they had to implement it to be allowed to build the track at all.
It makes me want to get a Wrightspeed X1. I think that would be the ultimate track day car there.

Elbow
06-28-2012, 08:46 AM
The owner told the stock Lambo guys not to even bother going out on the track, and told the Viper guy to short shift, due to the sound restriction.

It looks like a good track, just the sound restriction is bad - ut they had to implement it to be allowed to build the track at all.
It makes me want to get a Wrightspeed X1. I think that would be the ultimate track day car there.

I've heard some bad rumors about the future of that place.

CSquared
06-28-2012, 08:57 AM
As in going under?

I stopped in there a few weeks ago and spoke with the owner. Seemed like a really nice guy, but the track is literally in the middle of nowhere, and the pricing is ridiculous.

Elbow
06-28-2012, 09:12 AM
As in going under?

I stopped in there a few weeks ago and spoke with the owner. Seemed like a really nice guy, but the track is literally in the middle of nowhere, and the pricing is ridiculous.

I'm not sure what the end result would be. Like I said though I just heard them from someone else so I can't say they're true. I've just heard some members aren't too happy.

It's a nice track, sucks for any racing but perfect for DE stuff as it was designed for. Hopefully they finish the paddock and what not soon, it's a dirt paddock, control tower is made of shipping containers stacked upon one another, and the club house is a double wide I think. lol Sadly most clubs are going to have a hard time bringing in numbers with the sound rules, so I'm guessing they will be aiming at membership sales to keep it afloat not renting clubs. The only pricing that is ridiculous is the memberships, a typical track weekend isn't much more than Road Atlanta. This track day, $495 for both days with up to 3 hours each day is pretty dang good.

Here are the sound rules, sorry for the thread jack:

Team, here are the requirements for sound at AMP, please forward this to all track renters, participants, etc...

AMP will be well worth the sound reduction you have to have to comply with the City Laws and rules on our track. More elevation changes than Road Atlanta and Barber, with six blind corners and highly technical. This track will be one of the more challenging tracks you have driven - period...

The goal of our reduced levels on exhaust is NOT to trick the sound meter with creative solutions but rather to reduce the noise to the neighbors. Our sound ratings are higher or more liberal than almost every day at Laguna Seca, Lime Rock, Infineon, Eagles Canyon and most european tracks to name a few.
We have the most advanced meters money can buy so just because you pass at another track does not mean you will pass at AMP. Be prepared to have solutions to fix your car.
Go to radio shack and BUY A METER to test your car, drive by the meter at 50 feet WIDE OPEN throttle at speed with the meter set to FAST, and C weighted response. This will give you an idea if your car should pass. Cars under load going up hills produce more sound than ones on flat ground. Rain and humidity affect sound levels as well.
We will NOT allow ANY turn downs (even slight ones), turn aways, or anything on the exit of the exhaust what so ever - no flanges, no deflectors, etc.
Exhaust must exit straight out of the car parallel to the the ground.
Do not show up with an old muffler, with old packing, make sure the packing is fresh.
We measure 98 db 50 feet from the track edge on BOTH sides of the track.
We have seven DB meters around the track and we move them one time per day, if your goal is too "lift" you will be coasting around the entire track.
Your car will be inspected before going out and a preliminary DB reading - this rating will be lower than your car under load but if you are near or above the rating you need to fix your exhaust BEFORE going out
Do not show up with straight exhausts with no mufflers or silencers, you will not be allowed on track. Period.
We have DB "eaters reducing inserts for $99 installed for each pipe that exits the back of the car - these reduce DB's from 4 to 10 DB's and have worked on MOST cars. Not with cars with straight exhausts.
Our DB "Eaters" from Laguna and Lime Rock only reduce DB 4-10 DB's and have worked on most cars with a muffler or silencer. Do not show up with straight exhausts and expect this solution to work.
AMP reserves the right to pull your car if it sounds above the limit, even if you are passing the meters. Why? We don't want some new creative bypass to ruin the opportunity for others to enjoy this track.
Everyone must comply which means all of you will be equally held to this standard.
Do not come thinking we will not check your car or police this, or believe you when you say: "my car is quiet" it will not work!

CSquared
06-28-2012, 09:39 AM
I'm not sure what the end result would be. Like I said though I just heard them from someone else so I can't say they're true. I've just heard some members aren't too happy.

It's a nice track, sucks for any racing but perfect for DE stuff as it was designed for. Hopefully they finish the paddock and what not soon, it's a dirt paddock, control tower is made of shipping containers stacked upon one another, and the club house is a double wide I think. lol Sadly most clubs are going to have a hard time bringing in numbers with the sound rules, so I'm guessing they will be aiming at membership sales to keep it afloat not renting clubs. The only pricing that is ridiculous is the memberships, a typical track weekend isn't much more than Road Atlanta. This track day, $495 for both days with up to 3 hours each day is pretty dang good.

Here are the sound rules, sorry for the thread jack:

Team, here are the requirements for sound at AMP, please forward this to all track renters, participants, etc...

AMP will be well worth the sound reduction you have to have to comply with the City Laws and rules on our track. More elevation changes than Road Atlanta and Barber, with six blind corners and highly technical. This track will be one of the more challenging tracks you have driven - period...

The goal of our reduced levels on exhaust is NOT to trick the sound meter with creative solutions but rather to reduce the noise to the neighbors. Our sound ratings are higher or more liberal than almost every day at Laguna Seca, Lime Rock, Infineon, Eagles Canyon and most european tracks to name a few.
We have the most advanced meters money can buy so just because you pass at another track does not mean you will pass at AMP. Be prepared to have solutions to fix your car.
Go to radio shack and BUY A METER to test your car, drive by the meter at 50 feet WIDE OPEN throttle at speed with the meter set to FAST, and C weighted response. This will give you an idea if your car should pass. Cars under load going up hills produce more sound than ones on flat ground. Rain and humidity affect sound levels as well.
We will NOT allow ANY turn downs (even slight ones), turn aways, or anything on the exit of the exhaust what so ever - no flanges, no deflectors, etc.
Exhaust must exit straight out of the car parallel to the the ground.
Do not show up with an old muffler, with old packing, make sure the packing is fresh.
We measure 98 db 50 feet from the track edge on BOTH sides of the track.
We have seven DB meters around the track and we move them one time per day, if your goal is too "lift" you will be coasting around the entire track.
Your car will be inspected before going out and a preliminary DB reading - this rating will be lower than your car under load but if you are near or above the rating you need to fix your exhaust BEFORE going out
Do not show up with straight exhausts with no mufflers or silencers, you will not be allowed on track. Period.
We have DB "eaters reducing inserts for $99 installed for each pipe that exits the back of the car - these reduce DB's from 4 to 10 DB's and have worked on MOST cars. Not with cars with straight exhausts.
Our DB "Eaters" from Laguna and Lime Rock only reduce DB 4-10 DB's and have worked on most cars with a muffler or silencer. Do not show up with straight exhausts and expect this solution to work.
AMP reserves the right to pull your car if it sounds above the limit, even if you are passing the meters. Why? We don't want some new creative bypass to ruin the opportunity for others to enjoy this track.
Everyone must comply which means all of you will be equally held to this standard.
Do not come thinking we will not check your car or police this, or believe you when you say: "my car is quiet" it will not work!

By pricing I was referring to their memberships costs. At some point I'll definitely want to do HPDE or something along those lines. I realize those are a pretty damn good deal.

Regarding sound... My exhaust is pretty quiet, but I also have a wastegate dump. Think that'll pass? Doesn't seem to get nearly as loud as some cars I've seen on track at road atlanta.

Elbow
06-28-2012, 11:06 AM
By pricing I was referring to their memberships costs. At some point I'll definitely want to do HPDE or something along those lines. I realize those are a pretty damn good deal.

Regarding sound... My exhaust is pretty quiet, but I also have a wastegate dump. Think that'll pass? Doesn't seem to get nearly as loud as some cars I've seen on track at road atlanta.

I have no idea, if it's over 98dB they will pull you, Road Atlanta has a higher limit, so to be pulled from RA aside from Sunday's quiet time you have to be VERY loud.

JBalla1036
06-28-2012, 12:35 PM
98db actually isnt that quiet, there have only been about 4 or 5 cars that haven't passed since the track has been open. Laguna Seca, Lime Rock, and Mont Tremblant just to name a few are 92-93db if not less but you don't hear anyone complaining about that. Its just because its new and people aren't use to it, give it a couple of years and people wont even be mentioning the sound limit

Elbow
06-28-2012, 12:48 PM
98db actually isnt that quiet, there have only been about 4 or 5 cars that haven't passed since the track has been open. Laguna Seca, Lime Rock, and Mont Tremblant just to name a few are 92-93db if not less but you don't hear anyone complaining about that. Its just because its new and people aren't use to it, give it a couple of years and people wont even be mentioning the sound limit

A lot of people have been kicked out, far more than four or five, they just cancelled the SCCA races in August there due to noise as well.

JBalla1036
06-28-2012, 01:18 PM
I know that they cancelled the SCCA in aug, people have been kicked out because they don't want to fix the problem. Not because the problem cannot be fixed..

Elbow
06-28-2012, 01:21 PM
I know that they cancelled the SCCA in aug, people have been kicked out because they don't want to fix the problem. Not because the problem cannot be fixed..

Yeah except to fix your loud car means to redo your exhaust in some cases. Would you do that for one track?

David88vert
06-28-2012, 02:31 PM

Incorrect. Both the blue Lambo and the white Lambo with us could not modify their stock cars to be within their limitation. They were told specifically not to even bother - before they even cranked their cars. I personally witnessed them being told 3 times.
The black Viper driver with us also was told to short shift to keep the noise down. I personally witnessed him being told this as well. He got on the track, but never got to open it up.
The white M3 knew he couldn't keep it quiet enough, and couldn't go out either.
They were all told that if even one person got black-flagged for being too loud, the entire group would be black-flagged and that would be the end of the day.

Here is the issue. Memberships cost serious money, and the people that can afford to pay it usually have fast, loud cars. The point of membership is to be able to drive the car flat out legally. These people that can afford the memberships typically don't drive stock Camrys and Civics around the track. They typically will have a track car, and it usually isn't muffled to 98db.

Laguna Seca was brought up earlier. Laguna does have a noise limitation of 92db - for most of the year. They are allowed to have 5 weekends there each year though, and those are major events. I've been out there for one o f their majors - MotoGP, and it is a lot louder than 98db. Additionally, Laguna's noise detection is on the hill between 5 and 6, so it is well-known that you just let off before you reach the noise mic.
Here's the kicker though - Laguna is a track with a rich 50+year history that people will put up with restrictions to ride/drive. People want to drive on courses that are well-known internationally. A new track just starting up doesn't have the same "glamour".

As for facilities, the current facilities that I saw at AMP are not up to the facilities at Road Atlanta yet, nothing like what is advertised on their website (site advertises a world class facility). Pricing however is the same or more at AMP than other tracks.

Personally, I hope that AMP does well, and grows, as we always need more tracks. As it was built around houses with the 98db restriction from Day 1, its simple really. Either you abide by the noise restriction and build your car within those limits, or you go to a different track.

CHADbee
07-12-2012, 08:42 AM
A little over two weeks out guys! Make sure to sign up and reserve your spot!

tnomud
07-12-2012, 10:07 AM
FWIW: My M3 is well over 98db with a full big-buck exhaust in working order. It's hard to tone down high compression. Its also hard to re-tune a very difficult ECU to a new exhasut. Last, but not least, I am not going to hack up a nice titanium or stainless exhaust, and put some hackjob mid-muffler where it wont fit, just to drive a certain track. Back in the good old days, we used to find the meter, and throw a 90 degree elbow on the tailpipe to get it away from the meter.

CHADbee
07-12-2012, 10:31 AM
FWIW: My M3 is well over 98db with a full big-buck exhaust in working order. It's hard to tone down high compression. Its also hard to re-tune a very difficult ECU to a new exhasut. Last, but not least, I am not going to hack up a nice titanium or stainless exhaust, and put some hackjob mid-muffler where it wont fit, just to drive a certain track. Back in the good old days, we used to find the meter, and throw a 90 degree elbow on the tailpipe to get it away from the meter.

Just to speak my opinion on this situation:

This is not something that is new when it comes to tracks. We deal with the same thing at two other major Georgia tracks; at Road Atlanta on Sunday morning and at Roebling Road. So ALL three tracks in Georgia have DB meters and restrictions, if you have a car that you track often then you should keep this in mind when it comes to your track preparation/build. Some people choose to lift where the meter is, or angle the exhaust in a different direction, change their exhaust or just not go to certain tracks.....it is what it is....and its better than not having the track there at all. We have memberships to the track and will be there often, that is why my Z has a NISMO exhuast which is pretty mild.

CHADbee
07-12-2012, 10:31 AM
EDIT: double post.

Elbow
07-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Just to speak my opinion on this situation:

This is not something that is new when it comes to tracks. We deal with the same thing at two other major Georgia tracks; at Road Atlanta on Sunday morning and at Roebling Road. So ALL three tracks in Georgia have DB meters and restrictions, if you have a car that you track often then you should keep this in mind when it comes to your track preparation/build. Some people choose to lift where the meter is, or angle the exhaust in a different direction, change their exhaust or just not go to certain tracks.....it is what it is....and its better than not having the track there at all. We have memberships to the track and will be there often, that is why my Z has a NISMO exhuast which is pretty mild.

Yeah but Road Atlanta only has that issue for two hours on Sunday, we don't even use meters then, just our ears. lol

What's Roebling like 103?

If I had a DE car I'd go Supertrapp, you may loose some upper end to meet sound but it's adjustable and you can go to any track you wish without worrying about sound. I ran one on a few of my older cars to run quiet time at RA and never had an issue, highly recommended to anyone interested in going to AMP but worried about sound!

CHADbee
07-12-2012, 04:53 PM
Yeah but Road Atlanta only has that issue for two hours on Sunday, we don't even use meters then, just our ears. lol

What's Roebling like 103?

If I had a DE car I'd go Supertrapp, you may loose some upper end to meet sound but it's adjustable and you can go to any track you wish without worrying about sound. I ran one on a few of my older cars to run quiet time at RA and never had an issue, highly recommended to anyone interested in going to AMP but worried about sound!

Roebling is 103 I think....I know the Forged GT3 and our friend Ron's Lambo SL were both black flagged there but they are both pretty damn loud LOL

I'd rather have AMP there with a strict DB limit then not there at all. It does suck for the people with really loud exhaust though.

CHADbee
07-17-2012, 11:28 AM
A week and a half away :)

slow_hatch
07-17-2012, 01:05 PM
And I just hacksaw'd my exhaust off....damnit:headslap:

Elbow
07-17-2012, 01:07 PM

Supertrapp!

http://www.summitracing.com/search/Brand/SuperTrapp/Product-Line/SuperTrapp-S-C-Standard-Mufflers/?autoview=SKU

CHADbee
07-17-2012, 03:00 PM

LOL! Re-weld it an install cut-outs hehe

slow_hatch
07-17-2012, 09:15 PM
LOL! Re-weld it an install cut-outs hehe

These will pass inspection, right....?
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o281/93ls1rx7/random/BY1KEgBmkKGrHgoOKjkEjlLm8SUBKjuHRSQ.jpg

JBalla1036
07-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Only a few days left, the weather is going to be perfect!!!

CHADbee
07-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Only a few days left, the weather is going to be perfect!!!

:)

We are getting excited around here !