PDA

View Full Version : DO I LIVE WITH A HOARDER? PICS INSIDE.

Vteckidd
06-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Or am i just being overly sensitive? First, a little background.

Im a pretty easy guy to live with, i keep to myself, gone a lot, etc. I believe my roomate is what i would call a "FOODIE" he likes to cook every meal, nothing is simple. Like if i want a salad, i go to the store, buy a bag of the premade salad, some croutons, dressing, done. He will go out an buy lettuce, tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc etc etc etc. In the process hell dirty up like 5-10 dishes while he chops, slices, makes everything. Not only that but its not like he buys stuff for 1 salad hes eating, its usually bags of tomotoes, etc.

So, we have a really small kitchen with no cupboard space at all. keep that in mind.

My main question is, IS THIS NORMAL?

5 Boxes of cereal for 1 person?
5-6 different kind of juices/drinks for 1 person?
5-6 different kinds of "crackers"?
5 -6 different kinds of like trail mix crap?

Hoarding? Compulsive buying?

The main problem is he doesnt finish ANYTHING. Hes done the same thing with beer (buys 6-7 different kinds of 6 packs, NEVER FINISHES THEM). Ive gotten in the habit of just throwing shit out when its 1/4 full , but im getting tired of policing my kitchen.

Ive made offhand comments before like "why do you need 5 boxes of cereal" and the response is "because i like variety."

For comparisons sake my groceries are usually 1 box of cereal, 1 gallon of milk, box of granola bars, usually 4-5 different kinds of FROZEN meat (chicken,salmon,steak) , maybe a bag of chips here and there but rarely.

SHOULD I HAVE A TALK WITH HIM, OR AM I OVERREACTING AKA THIS BEHAVIOR IS PERFECTLY NORMAL

Bajjani
06-11-2012, 02:20 PM
I mean, I usually have like 5-6 drinks. Thats like water, beer, liqour, juice, coke, (insert random beverage). Not 5 types of beer, 5 types of water (wait what?).

But no, thats just wasteful. Smack a bitch.

green91
06-11-2012, 02:39 PM
idk but i'll take the bag of goldfish off your hands if its un-opened.

BenjaminJunu
06-11-2012, 03:19 PM
i thought it was normal until i saw the pictures. He has two of the same things. wtf.

RandomGuy
06-11-2012, 03:24 PM
i thought it was normal until i saw the pictures. He has two of the same things. wtf.maybe one of them is reduced pulp, for times when full pulp is not appropriate.

RsonGt3's
06-11-2012, 03:24 PM
He has money, let him do what he wants. If you don't like it get your own place, or get your self a small fridge and separate your food from his.

RandomGuy
06-11-2012, 03:31 PM
or get your self a small fridge and separate your food from his.

that would be overreacting and strange... Surely defeating the purpose of uncluttering.

Sammich
06-11-2012, 03:41 PM
He has money, let him do what he wants. If you don't like it get your own place, or get your self a small fridge and separate your food from his.

exactly what i'm thinking...deal with it or leave. some people have different habits, either learn to live w/ it or get to steppin

Vteckidd
06-11-2012, 03:54 PM
haha my roomate is like one of my GOOD friends so its not like its someone i dont know. I was just curious if IM WRONG in my thinking.

I dont know for me i dont ever overbuy really. I also dont cook a lot. BUt in a space i share with another person, i kinda keep track of what i buy and dont buy, eat and dont eat. I try not to crowd the fridge if i know im sharing it with someone else.

I think 5 boxes of cereal is excessive when you are sharing a small space with someone. thats all.

Sir_Christopher
06-11-2012, 03:56 PM
that looks like a badass room mate lol, as long as he shared lol

Vteckidd
06-11-2012, 04:00 PM
i dont eat foo foo shit like that

Halfwit
06-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Do the smart thing. divide the space by half.

But i think he is a little excessive, there is nothing wrong with wanting a nicely cooked meal over eating simply, but make it, eat it, eat the rest for the next meal, dont have 400 ingredients everywhere. I think the cereal is a little excessive. 1, 2 boxes at the most, 1 minute after eating cereal it doesnt matter what kind you ate and you already forgot.

green91
06-11-2012, 05:50 PM
I've known some senior citizens that grew up in the great depression that also hoarded food in a similar fashion. Many of them also had fallout shelters during the cold war.

Skorcher
06-11-2012, 06:43 PM
If it's encroaching on your cupboard space, then say something. Otherwise, as long as he can pay his bills it's his choice what he blows his money on, even if it is a waste.

1civic
06-11-2012, 06:49 PM
It's called get your own place, grown ass men normally have a wife or live in girlfriend by your age...:screwy:

Julio
06-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Looks perfectly normal to me.. Oh wait, I have a kid.. Lmao..

00CelicaGT
06-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Looks like he's a compulsive shopper, if it's going to waste and spoiling (on a regular basis) in the frige/pantry I'd say something. If he dsnt let it spoil and throws stuff away before it starts to stink or get stale then I'd say leave it be and learn to deal with ur roommates personality...

Vteckidd
06-11-2012, 08:42 PM
It's called get your own place, grown ass men normally have a wife or live in girlfriend by your age...:screwy:

First of all, you live in a fucking trailer in paulding county you redneck hick
Second of all, my GF lives in philadelphia
Third, dont act like you could afford where i live for a second, you cant.
Fourth, go back to fucking with 92 civics

Back to the topic, most of it is stuff that doesnt go bad for a few months, but its just always there, like it never gets consumed. I dont know when i go grocery shopping, i eat stuff, then i buy more. I dont keep buying food unless ive eaten what i already have.

Maybe im just more efficient.

Vteckidd
06-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Im probably a little over neurotic myself . Probably what makes me such a good business owner/money manager.

LOL my roomate is one of my really good friends ive known for over 10 years, this was just for my own personal curiosity

.blank cd
06-11-2012, 09:29 PM
Looks normal to me. Looks like the guy just wants variety? I've got 5 boxes of cereal sometimes, different juices/sodas (don't drink beer). For me, eating/drinking the same thing day after day gets boring.

.blank cd
06-11-2012, 09:34 PM
I believe my roomate is what i would call a "FOODIE" he likes to cook every meal, nothing is simple. Like if i want a salad, i go to the store, buy a bag of the premade salad, some croutons, dressing, done. He will go out an buy lettuce, tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc etc etc etc. In the process hell dirty up like 5-10 dishes while he chops, slices, makes everything. Not only that but its not like he buys stuff for 1 salad hes eating, its usually bags of tomotoes, etc.
This explains a lot. I do the exact same thing. 90% of the food I eat, I make, maybe 80% of that is complex prep meals.

To be fair though, when I buy all that variety of food, my fiancé splits it so it all gets eaten

Vteckidd
06-11-2012, 09:35 PM
yeah im just not a cooker at all, i heat stuff up HAHA

1civic
06-11-2012, 09:36 PM
Damn son, if you followed the kills action you could have seen my house posted, Probably 5mins from where you live now..

p.s
I'm sorry you need a roomate, drive an early model honda, and have a girlfriend in another state.. BAHAHAHAH!!

Back to the topic, most of it is stuff that doesnt go bad for a few months, but its just always there, like it never gets consumed. I dont know when i go grocery shopping, i eat stuff, then i buy more. I dont keep buying food unless ive eaten what i already have.

Vteckidd
06-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Damn son, if you followed the kills action you could have seen my house posted, Probably 5mins from where you live now..

p.s
I'm sorry you need a roomate, drive an early model honda, and have a girlfriend in another state.. BAHAHAHAH!!

i dont NEED a roomate, if you knew about downtown living you know that 2 bedrooms are much better than 1 bedrooms price wise, my buddy was looking at living downtown when i was and we decided to just get a place together. Instead of paying $2000 i pay $1000, its not like i couldnt afford it on my own. But you just get so much more space and place with a roomate.

S2000 is an early model?

My GF is none of your concern or where she lives, was just stating that she lives far away so its not like she could move in with me. Not that i would want her too either, i like my space too much.

Quit trolling you prick

Vteckidd
06-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Bobby i could buy any of your POS projects, SHIT IN THEM, AND THROW THEM AWAY and it wouldnt put a dent in my bankroll. Quit acting tough online bitch ass, you know i could buy you and your life 10 times over.

Im smarter than you, i have more money than you, i drive nicer cars than you, i live in a nicer place than you, im just better. you know it, i know it, the only thing you can do is flex online but we all know youre a broke dick motherfucker that can barely afford to do "A K SWAP"

pretty pathetic

EmminoDaGreat
06-11-2012, 10:01 PM

I live in paulding county, I am not a hick.

1civic
06-11-2012, 10:08 PM
Ok Mike, seems you're a little butthurt from all the male roomy action or something... I would hope you could stack bread having a roommate for the past 10 years, but you probably took a loan out for the 6-7 year old s2k, just like you did the acura, huh?...lmao!

Mike, would you like to come drive my stuff, maybe even watch me build it? How about I give you the house for the night so you have alone time, you can watch my tv!! LOL

Point is you claim all this money, continue to bash people, but yet you jump on here crying like a little kid about space!!

Me posting has nothing to do with bank-rolls, you posted on a public forum at 31 bitching at a roomate.. Bitch please!!

1civic
06-11-2012, 10:13 PM

Yes you are... You live in HickVille!! :P

Vteckidd
06-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Ok Mike, seems you're a little butthurt from all the male roomy action or something... I would hope you could stack bread having a roommate for the past 10 years, but you probably took a loan out for the 6-7 year old s2k, just like you did the acura, huh?...lmao!

Mike, would you like to come drive my stuff, maybe even watch me build it? How about I give you the house for the night so you have alone time, you can watch my tv!! LOL

Point is you claim all this money, continue to bash people, but yet you jump on here crying like a little kid about space!!

Me posting has nothing to do with bank-rolls, you posted on a public forum at 31 bitching at a roomate.. Bitch please!!

you just troll because you are a dickhead that is probably so pissed off with his white trash life, you want to pick on the "rich kid" that you think you know something about.

I posted a thread seeing if my roomates habits were normal, thats all. I was bored, who cares?

Then you come in here and make some snarky comment like i have a roomate because im broke, or that i should have a girl living with me , blah blah blah

Hey, dont be pissed off at me because i didnt knock up the first fucking whore i stuck my dick in. Dont act like because i have a roomate im some brokeass you can talk down too. my fucking basketball shoe collection is probably worth more than the car you drive.

Dont hate because i had a car loan because i have this thing called CREDIT i like to use.

Youre a white trash uneducated piece of shit and if i ever see you in person im not even saying anything to you ,ill knock you the fuck out. Im seriously tired of your dumbass comments while you cant even come up with fucking $6000 to swap a K Series into some 15 year old civic. Then act like me driving a $15,000 car somehow makes me dumb? YOURE DOING SHIT I DID 6-10 YEARS AGO. WHO REALLY IS THE SHITBAG?

shut the fuck up bobby

Vteckidd
06-11-2012, 10:39 PM

youre from Jersey, its impossible for you to be a hick.

But Paulding county is hicksville, sorry.

FYI you going to the Yankee game Wednesday? Text me

1civic
06-11-2012, 10:53 PM
you just troll because you are a dickhead that is probably so pissed off with his white trash life, you want to pick on the "rich kid" that you think you know something about.

I posted a thread seeing if my roomates habits were normal, thats all. I was bored, who cares?

Then you come in here and make some snarky comment like i have a roomate because im broke, or that i should have a girl living with me , blah blah blah

Hey, dont be pissed off at me because i didnt knock up the first fucking whore i stuck my dick in. Dont act like because i have a roomate im some brokeass you can talk down too. my fucking basketball shoe collection is probably worth more than the car you drive.

Dont hate because i had a car loan because i have this thing called CREDIT i like to use.

Youre a white trash uneducated piece of shit and if i ever see you in person im not even saying anything to you ,ill knock you the fuck out. Im seriously tired of your dumbass comments while you cant even come up with fucking $6000 to swap a K Series into some 15 year old civic. Then act like me driving a $15,000 car somehow makes me dumb? YOURE DOING SHIT I DID 6-10 YEARS AGO. WHO REALLY IS THE SHITBAG?

shut the fuck up bobby

Lmao @ Rich Kid comment... :thinking: Last I remember rich kid's own condo's, or house's, hell maybe a lambo even..

And since your so big an bad why didn't you take that swing at midnight when I made that smart ass comment about your flat tire?

Hell you sound like Zosick now, making threats, talking down about my wife.. :crazy:

Seems like you my friend are the e-thug, might wanna go get laid son, but ask your roommate if it's ok to have company first!!

:cheers:

P.s

My K swap civic runs, wanna race? We can wager any amount!!

Vteckidd
06-11-2012, 10:55 PM
Lmao @ Rich Kid comment... :thinking: Last I remember rich kid's own condo's, or house's, hell maybe a lambo even..

And since your so big an bad why did you not take that swing at midnight when I made that smart ass comment about your flat tire?

Hell you sound like Zosick now, making threats, talking down about my wife.. :crazy:

Seems like you my friend are the e-thug, might wanna go get laid son, but ask your roommate if it's ok to have company first!!

:cheers:
You think im a rich kid, but youre too stupid to admit it, you like to act like YOURE the one that is better . But we both know youre not.

Keep talking, ill make sure your mouth is shut next time i see you. I dont need to argue with you anymore online

1civic
06-11-2012, 11:13 PM
You think im a rich kid, but youre too stupid to admit it, you like to act like YOURE the one that is better . But we both know youre not.

Keep talking, ill make sure your mouth is shut next time i see you. I dont need to argue with you anymore online

Mike you're just as poor as the rest of us, and you can only dream that you had retirement stacks, but you don't!!

SO.......

Race my car!!

Fuck dude you have all this money, and 15k in a s2k, that's an easy way to shut me up!!

1civic
06-11-2012, 11:20 PM
The moral of this story is if you can't afford 1k a month on rent and need a roommate, then don't come online crying about your lost space.. You gave that up when you agreed to share space.. LMAO!!

Mike it seems you set yourself up to get blasted, so go cry to that girlfriend in another state, don't post it here..

P.s
I heard Comcast offers live video phone chat now so give them a shout!!

Later!!

oreign
06-11-2012, 11:26 PM
where's the crying about space part on this thread. i must be lost.

RandomGuy
06-11-2012, 11:34 PM
I'm not gonna lie, I laughed a lot at some of the back and forth responses, but plz remember:

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/136/b/7/The_Internet__Serious_Business_by_HerpDerpWin.jpg

Vteckidd
06-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Mike you're just as poor as the rest of us, and you can only dream that you had retirement stacks, but you don't!!

Im not rich, but you like to act like im some rich kid on one hand, then on the other you like to berate me for being poor cause i have a car loan?

SO.......

Race my car!!

Fuck dude you have all this money, and 15k in a s2k, that's an easy way to shut me up!!
Thats where we differ, i dont give 2 shits about cars anymore. Youre still stuck in the "OMG I LOVE TO STREET RACE AND SINK $$$$ INTO A CIVIC BECAUSE IT MAKES ME DICK BIGGER TO RUN 13s IN A 15 YEAR OLD SHIT BOX"

I dont care man, my 15 second S2000 is slow, and i wont sink a dime into it, because im not fucking stupid like you. I figured out cars are a DEPRECIATING ASSET and frankly im older and wiser. Its no fun for me anymore.

I enjoy my hawks season tickets more, i enjoy flying around the country more, i enjoy doing other shit.

You can go race your car agasint all the other has been and losers you still hang out with

Vteckidd
06-11-2012, 11:51 PM
The moral of this story is if you can't afford 1k a month on rent and need a roommate, then don't come online crying about your lost space.. You gave that up when you agreed to share space.. LMAO!!

CANT AFFORD? YOu know that HOW? I CAN AFFORD MY PLACE FINE WITHOUT A ROOMATE. IM JUST SMART WITH MONEY, WHY PAY $1000 a mONTH PLUS BILLS FOR A 1 BEDROOM IN DOWNTOWN WHEN YOU CAN PAY $850 EVERYTHING INCLUDED AND LIVE IN A 1400 SQ FOOT PLACE. ITS SMARTER AND MORE ECONOMICAL AND YOU GET MORE FOR YOUR MONEY WITH A 2 BEDROOM. PERIOD.

But i dont expect someone like you to understand that. They probably didnt teach that in High School GED classes.

You said a man my age should have a live in GF or a wife. My GF lives in Philly, so its not possible, and im not married. Im not crying about anything.

I had a discussion with my roomate about buying groceries. I know i can be neurotic, so i was getting the opinions of other people , thats all.

IT HAS FUCK ALL TO DO WITH ME AFFORDING ANYTHING.

Vteckidd
06-11-2012, 11:53 PM
I choose not to argue with a kid whos dream is to build a K Powered EG civic. Seriously, that shit was cool when i was 25.

Sinfix_15
06-12-2012, 02:40 AM
having a roommate that buys too much food is much better than having one that buys none and eats all of your shit. As long as he keeps it clean, i dont see a problem.

This guy isnt even that bad, i'm the same way with drinks. I've got to have a gallon of skim and 2% milk, some type of juice usually 2, sweet tea and beer.

Echonova
06-12-2012, 05:12 AM
I share a house with my wife, apparently because I'm too poor to afford it on my own.

Vteckidd
06-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Ok so we are just different, that seems to be the concensus.

I Just thought it was abnormal to buy so many different things of the same food group. But i guess i was just raised differently. My parents taught me to eat what you buy and only buy what you eat. Meaning dont waste anything, finish what you have before you buy more.

Mods can close