PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my 94 civic ex

MavsFan214
06-11-2012, 01:08 PM
Here's the problem.Ever since I bought the car,it would every once in a while,while at a red light or stop sign,the car would turn off,and I would have to crank it up again..Or even while driving on the freeway,I would coast in neutral,and it would turn off..I would have to put back into gear to be able to accelerate again..About a month ago,I noticed the car would turn off just about every time I got to a stop,but not if I just turned the car and let it idle...Since purchasing a new car,I didn't drive the one with the problem for like 5 days..When I went to turn on the car,no power..No lights,radio,and would not start..It jump starts right away tho with jumper cables..If I turn the car off,it will not crank start again..Anybody know what it could be maybe?

oreign
06-11-2012, 02:00 PM
ignition switch/main relay maybe?

green91
06-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Sounds like bad battery terminals. Check them and clean them with a wire brush. A battery with a bad cell / intermittant short can cause similiar symptoms.

D3UC3S
06-11-2012, 03:15 PM
I agree. Start with new terminals and clean your battery posts. New terms are like $5 at autozone

MavsFan214
06-14-2012, 04:05 PM
Supposedly it's having electrical problems whatever than means..I'll probably try taking off the battery terminals from my other car that works fine.