PDA

View Full Version : b series turbo build

AxleRaynes
06-08-2012, 12:24 PM
i just got a jdm 95 acura integra shell. i want to do a turbo build on it when i get a engine. i've don d series builds before but not a b series. i plan on buying a kit from go-autowork.com. my question is what b series would be best for a turbo build? and are the kits form the site mentioned any good?

B18c1Turboed
06-08-2012, 02:17 PM
Gsr block with Ls crank and rods and some good pistons. Or just a stock Gsr block with rods and pistons and springs and retainers in the head you can make well over 500hp that easy.

BenjaminJunu
06-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Gsr block with Ls crank and rods and some good pistons. Or just a stock Gsr block with rods and pistons and springs and retainers in the head you can make well over 500hp that easy.

why an ls crank? and would a setup like that be reliable making 500 hp?

B18c1Turboed
06-08-2012, 03:55 PM
Longer stroke :) and yes very reliable.

BenjaminJunu
06-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Longer stroke :) and yes very reliable.

good to know. i have seen your car and i know you make nice power so i'll trust that. i was just wondering b/c i have a turbo b16 and i would like more power, but i want to reliability as well.

AxleRaynes
06-10-2012, 09:17 PM
thank you for the help. i still need to know if the kits from go-autoworks.com are any good if anyone can help with that thanks.

HeyItsSkeero
06-11-2012, 01:39 AM
i just got a jdm 95 acura integra shell. i want to do a turbo build on it when i get a engine. i've don d series builds before but not a b series. i plan on buying a kit from go-autowork.com. my question is what b series would be best for a turbo build? and are the kits form the site mentioned any good?

I've got a Go-Autoworks turbo manifold, downpipe, intercooler piping, and bought my Precision 6262 from him also. Call him and talk to him on the phone he'll give you a better price on stuff! lol.

Also talk to Stretch on here and he can help you out a lot and Morris will for damn sure hit your power goals tuning the car.. I got 478 on 93 octane. Going back with some better stuff to make some more power on 93.. lol.

Really depends on how deep your pockets are for how much power you want to make..

AxleRaynes
06-11-2012, 11:10 PM
I've got a Go-Autoworks turbo manifold, downpipe, intercooler piping, and bought my Precision 6262 from him also. Call him and talk to him on the phone he'll give you a better price on stuff! lol.

Also talk to Stretch on here and he can help you out a lot and Morris will for damn sure hit your power goals tuning the car.. I got 478 on 93 octane. Going back with some better stuff to make some more power on 93.. lol.

Really depends on how deep your pockets are for how much power you want to make..

i'm only lookin to get 350-400 hp. n i got between $3500- $4000 for the build. thanks for all the help.

HeyItsSkeero
06-12-2012, 12:54 AM
Honestly I'd look on Hondamarketplace.com for some used turbo stuff, intercooler, BOV, WG, intercooler piping. Then depending if you're going to run a/c or not go with a mini-ram or a ramhorn.

GO-AUTOWORKS Spec turbocharger by Bullseye Power (http://www.go-autoworks-store.com/gosptubybupo.html)

That would be a great turbo for you imo.

And do you have anything for a b series right now? Or a tunable ecu?

dvpjdm
06-12-2012, 12:38 PM

If you got some cash and some time. Morris and Stretch will put crazy power down for you. Good guys to deal with too.

AxleRaynes
06-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Honestly I'd look on Hondamarketplace.com for some used turbo stuff, intercooler, BOV, WG, intercooler piping. Then depending if you're going to run a/c or not go with a mini-ram or a ramhorn.

GO-AUTOWORKS Spec turbocharger by Bullseye Power (http://www.go-autoworks-store.com/gosptubybupo.html)

That would be a great turbo for you imo.

And do you have anything for a b series right now? Or a tunable ecu?

no. i have a lightly built 94 4dr teggy, but all i have for this build so far is a 93 2dr teggy body. no motor or ecu yet. any recomendations on wht would be the best b series for a turbo? i want it to have decent power but i want it to be able to last and be reliable.

KevinT707
06-12-2012, 06:46 PM
If you got some cash and some time. Morris and Stretch will put crazy power down for you. Good guys to deal with too.
Ehh, now that is definitely debatable.

HeyItsSkeero
06-13-2012, 01:22 AM
Ehh, now that is definitely debatable.

Not really, it'd be your opinion and someone elses.. Stretch and Morris prove their work with what they build. Like I said 478 on 16 pounds with 93 octane.. Is that not good power? Is that not a good built motor? Lol.

no. i have a lightly built 94 4dr teggy, but all i have for this build so far is a 93 2dr teggy body. no motor or ecu yet. any recomendations on wht would be the best b series for a turbo? i want it to have decent power but i want it to be able to last and be reliable.

It's really a matter of what exactly you're wanting out of it. Imo I'm going to say LSV as that's what I have.. But if you're just trying to go ahead and get it out there I'd go with a b16 and the turbo above. You'll get a nice powerband with both of them.