PDA

View Full Version : Drag Strip Battery Question.

Sunkenkarma
06-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Hey, this is the 3rd car in a row, that I have bought with a battery relocated to the trunk >.<. Anyways, I really want to get it to go down commerce a few times without spending a shit load of money. So I guess What I am asking is, Do I need a battery box, if this one is currently bolted down with bigger than 3/8 bolts? And Do I really need a killswitch for a almost stock car, that sounds like a lot of work >.<.

Here it is as she sits though.

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w400/furaii1/Image0.jpg

SPOOLIN
06-06-2012, 09:16 PM
can't just PUT IT BACK?

Sammich
06-07-2012, 06:22 AM
i'm no professional, but the 'security' of that battery looks shabby as hell

Sunkenkarma
06-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Cant put it back, the aftermarket intake completley blocks where the battery is supposed to go, and its by no means "Professional", but it is very securely tied down, two thick J hooks through the bottom of the car.

B18c1Turboed
06-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Commerce is a Nhra track so they follow their rules. Any battery that isn't located in the stock location requires a battery kill switch. You won't need a box if u still have back seat in the car, with back seat installed it basically in it's own compartment. If you don't have back seat then you will need a box

Sunkenkarma
06-07-2012, 09:06 PM
Still have the backseat, awesome, all I need it a killswitch then, does it need to kill the alternator? Ignition? Just the battery? Hope its easy.

Western.
06-11-2012, 11:42 PM
Yeah it does look sketch. Sketch as if you saw that cat down a dark alley :crazy: Anyway, get an box or something for it and secure it properly.