PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Where to get a turbo rebuilt?

Drummerboy
06-04-2012, 11:11 PM
I blew the seals on my Turbonetics t3t4 .63a/r.

Anyone know where I can take it to get it rebuilt? I looked into diesel injection, but I've seen horrible reviews. Also looked at southern auto electric, but they said they only work on trunk turbos.:thinking:

I know I can buy a rebuild kit, but I'm not sure if they are brand specific. The only turbonetics one I found was from treadstone.com and it says its for a "big shaft" turbo. I don't know if mine is considered a big shaft.
Any ideas?

Sunkenkarma
06-05-2012, 02:24 AM
There is a place, I really dont know the name, but its a diesel place, I think it may be in conyers, but I know they rebuild all kinds of turbos, you might have to do a bit of research to find them though =D.

RandomGuy
06-12-2012, 03:16 PM

Anyone know where I can take it to get it rebuilt? I looked into diesel injection, but I've seen horrible reviews. Also looked at southern auto electric, but they said they only work on trunk turbos.:thinking:

I know I can buy a rebuild kit, but I'm not sure if they are brand specific. The only turbonetics one I found was from treadstone.com and it says its for a "big shaft" turbo. I don't know if mine is considered a big shaft.
Any ideas?
post pics of it next to a dollar bill

just use a 1/2" to take off the 6 bolts on compressor housing and 6 on turbine housing

There's a rebuild kit in for sale section right now, which is the one you need.

All you need is some good snap ring pliers and sometimes a star socket for the compressor nut... Take it apart

When you got it apart, just take the shaft, compressor wheel and compressor nut to get balanced at the turbo diesel place (in forest park, GA) it was like $60 last time I did it. Mark everything really well, take it apart and reassemble the turbo, replacing with new parts and you're done.

RandomGuy
06-12-2012, 03:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iNZK4jeRSI

kiss_my_SS
06-12-2012, 11:11 PM

Any ideas?

call treadstone and ask for jason. he will get you what you need

Doppelgänger
06-13-2012, 06:52 AM
I've worked with JD @ Turbo Diesel & Electric in Forest Park and recommend them.
(404) 361-2222