PDA

View Full Version : What really grinds my (riding) gears.

Sinfix_15
05-31-2012, 11:18 PM
why do people dress like theyre in the motogp to ride their bikes on the street? It can be 105 degrees outside and i'll still see people in these fully padded race suits, boots, gloves and everything. I wear a riding jacket if its freezing cold outside or raining.... and even then, i remove all the pads and shit from it. Riding shoes consist of anything that doesnt have shoe strings for me. i hate having to wear a helmet, much less a football uniform to ride. I recently did a 6 hour road trip. This was my riding gear...... jeans and a gators tshirt, my slip on shoes and no gloves. Took the helmet off at the florida state line. And before you ask... yes i have dropped a bike before, id rather get scratched up than look like a pussy all the time. I understand wearing a race suit at the race track or maybe even if you know you're going to be doing something intentionally dangerous... but for a normal stroll around the town, is it really needed? Do people wear them to look cool or are they really scared of wrecking? and if you really are scared of crashing, didnt you get the memo? When its ur time to go, its ur time to go. The lord works in mysterious ways. Amen.
http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=%2FproductImages%2F_813000%2Fff_81302 6_xl.jpg&w=400

If you ride looking like this, please explain. Thank you.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k288/Powers739/Gear/DSC04181.jpg

RsonGt3's
05-31-2012, 11:23 PM
Maybe they want to live in case of a wreck...

Sinfix_15
05-31-2012, 11:32 PM
Maybe they want to live in case of a wreck...

Living in fear is not living at all!.....

The lord has a plan for you..... maybe it involves a fiery motorcycle crash that results in your death.... maybe it doesnt..... riding gear isnt gonna change this. Accept your fate, whatever it may be and do it with dignity. If you are gonna die.... you dont wanna die in padded skinny jeans.

Sinfix_15
05-31-2012, 11:36 PM
Man....... looking back on it....... "shirtless biker" probably wasnt the best google search i could have come up with...... but anyways.......

You should ride like this.....
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_TUvZcOpextQ/TS_X-CQctrI/AAAAAAAAASE/6VUFBxqtDYk/s400/do_you_like_bikers.jpg

silversol
06-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Safety! I met several guys that were too cool for safety equipment when i was in shepard center with guys spinal cord injurys and having skin grafts done it not a pretty site. There was one guy there that was from out of state he did not like to wear a helmet either he now has a tramatic brain injury and has to wear a paded helmet 24/7 becase he is missing half his skull and is literaly a drooling zombie. I spent 3 months there and It was a huge eye opener. Sometimes death is not the worst thing that can happen to you!

Sinfix_15
06-01-2012, 01:05 AM
Safety! I met several guys that were too cool for safety equipment when i was in shepard center with guys spinal cord injurys and having skin grafts done it not a pretty site. There was one guy there that was from out of state he did not like to wear a helmet either he now has a tramatic brain injury and has to wear a paded helmet 24/7 becase he is missing half his skull and is literaly a drooling zombie. I spent 3 months there and It was a huge eye opener. Sometimes death is not the worst thing that can happen to you!

Not so much about being "too cool" for equipment. It simply ruins the experience. To me it would be about the same as putting on scuba gear to get laid, cant dispute the safety benefit, but i'll live with the risks. There's sharks in the ocean..... i dont wear chain mail when i go swimming.

bondo
06-01-2012, 01:55 AM
you crack me up sinfix, i love reading all the shit you post

David88vert
06-01-2012, 06:44 AM
If you are riding without gear, you're riding too slow.
Good looking people need gear to protect their looks. Ugly people don't need to.

I wear gear almost everytime that I ride. Depending on where and how I am riding, I wear different degrees of protection.
I always wear a full face helmet.
If I am on track, or riding the mountains, I wear a full suit, race boots, and gauntlet gloves. It doesn't matter what the temperature is, as I have a perferated suit, and a suit liner, so I can stay reasonably cool. If there is any chance that you might be going over 100, a suit is much better safety gear.
If I am just riding around town, I wear a jacket, draggin' jeans, street gloves. Lower speeds allow more flexible gear.

tnomud
06-01-2012, 07:18 AM
I took a Chevy Truck head-on on a bike, and went under it. If it were not for good gear, I would not be typing this. The helmet that I didn't skimp on kept my head in-tact when it hit the crank pulley of the motor. The back brace kept my spine in 1 piece as the tires ran over it. My pants with knee pucks kept my knees from breaking. My overpriced carbonfiber knuckled gloves kept my hands from being ground to the bone when I got hung on his hitch and dragged at 60MPH.

frostbyte
06-01-2012, 08:03 AM
I took a Chevy Truck head-on on a bike, and went under it. If it were not for good gear, I would not be typing this. The helmet that I didn't skimp on kept my head in-tact when it hit the crank pulley of the motor. The back brace kept my spine in 1 piece as the tires ran over it. My pants with knee pucks kept my knees from breaking. My overpriced carbonfiber knuckled gloves kept my hands from being ground to the bone when I got hung on his hitch and dragged at 60MPH.

Amen, its not always about you knowing your limits and being a skilled rider. Sometimes there are idiots that play on the streets as much as they play at these local meets acting like morons and not paying attention. No matter how careful you are you can be hit from any side because some kids dad bought him a new toy that he has no experiance driving...
And also maybe god put this random thought in your head because your not paying attention to his plan and ignoring it and now hes saying put your gear on fool i got a bigger plan than scrapin your face off the interstate! Or maybe he just farted who knows....

CptWitwiki
06-01-2012, 08:23 AM
some idiot didnt tie down the mattress in the back of his truck and it flew out and hit my dad... if it werent for his gear he would be dead. and he is an experienced rider, and was only driving around 30 - 40... so have fun looking like a bigger tool bag bc you are "too cool" for gear.

Whizbang
06-01-2012, 08:36 AM
Its all about the safety. I don't believe in predetermined plans or fate. Therefore, i take precautions. I sure as hell wont going rallying without a firesuit, a helmet and neck restraint for the same reasons I wouldnt ride a dual sport on a back road without the whole shebang.

tnomud
06-01-2012, 08:52 AM
There were alot of parts on the front/bottom of this truck that my gear saved me from.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f296/tnomud/300b0c0d.jpg
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f296/tnomud/TAT%202009/march2010004-1.jpg

tnomud
06-01-2012, 08:59 AM
some idiot didnt tie down the mattress in the back of his truck and it flew out and hit my dad... if it werent for his gear he would be dead. and he is an experienced rider, and was only driving around 30 - 40... so have fun looking like a bigger tool bag bc you are "too cool" for gear.

FWIW: I raced Supermoto, Motocross, and Sportbikes for 20+ years. I rode street 50K+ miles per year on a literbike and/or supermoto. My first wreck was unavoidable.

Sinfix_15
06-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Some of you make compelling arguments and have tragic stories to tell. I have faith that the good lord has a plan for me and is looking after my safety every time i take to the streets. With that said..... No riding gear needed.

Sinfix_15
06-01-2012, 10:28 AM
If you are riding without gear, you're riding too slow.
Good looking people need gear to protect their looks. Ugly people don't need to.

I wear gear almost everytime that I ride. Depending on where and how I am riding, I wear different degrees of protection.
I always wear a full face helmet.
If I am on track, or riding the mountains, I wear a full suit, race boots, and gauntlet gloves. It doesn't matter what the temperature is, as I have a perferated suit, and a suit liner, so I can stay reasonably cool. If there is any chance that you might be going over 100, a suit is much better safety gear.
If I am just riding around town, I wear a jacket, draggin' jeans, street gloves. Lower speeds allow more flexible gear.

yeah i feel you on that, you gotta protect them good looks. I employ a strategy that im rather fond of and fully vouch for its effectiveness.....

I call it not crashing.

Sinfix_15
06-01-2012, 10:29 AM

It's not about being "too cool". I simply do not want to wear it. If they passed a law tomorrow that said you had to wear a suit to ride, id probably sell my bikes.

Sinfix_15
06-01-2012, 10:42 AM

that's terrible. Care to elaborate on how this happened?

Sinfix_15
06-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Side note, did some brief research and discovered that about 4500 people die each year from motorcycle accidents. 42,000 die from car accidents.

I want to see you all strapped in like this the next time you take your accord to applebees.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0anqeGz0c7coK/617x.jpg

Elbow
06-01-2012, 10:53 AM
why do people dress like theyre in the motogp to ride their bikes on the street? It can be 105 degrees outside and i'll still see people in these fully padded race suits, boots, gloves and everything. I wear a riding jacket if its freezing cold outside or raining.... and even then, i remove all the pads and shit from it. Riding shoes consist of anything that doesnt have shoe strings for me. i hate having to wear a helmet, much less a football uniform to ride. I recently did a 6 hour road trip. This was my riding gear...... jeans and a gators tshirt, my slip on shoes and no gloves. Took the helmet off at the florida state line. And before you ask... yes i have dropped a bike before, id rather get scratched up than look like a pussy all the time. I understand wearing a race suit at the race track or maybe even if you know you're going to be doing something intentionally dangerous... but for a normal stroll around the town, is it really needed? Do people wear them to look cool or are they really scared of wrecking? and if you really are scared of crashing, didnt you get the memo? When its ur time to go, its ur time to go. The lord works in mysterious ways. Amen.
http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=%2FproductImages%2F_813000%2Fff_81302 6_xl.jpg&w=400

If you ride looking like this, please explain. Thank you.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k288/Powers739/Gear/DSC04181.jpg

You're an idiot.

The lord has a plan for you..... maybe it involves a fiery motorcycle crash that results in your death.... maybe it doesnt..... riding gear isnt gonna change this. Accept your fate, whatever it may be and do it with dignity. If you are gonna die.... you dont wanna die in padded skinny jeans.

You sure talk like a serious Christian for bashing religion all the time. "The Lord" doesn't have a plan for everything. That's a stupid way to live. A 40mph crash with jeans and a t-shirt on is more than a scrape most of the time, this is like asking why would you wear a seatbelt? God controls everything so you're a pussy to care.

Hello sex with random strangers.
Hello drugs.
Hello no seatbelt.
Hello no riding gear.
Tornado coming? I can walk outside.

God has my life set out, when it's time it's time.

Side note, did some brief research and discovered that about 4500 people die each year from motorcycle accidents. 42,000 die from car accidents.

I want to see you all strapped in like this the next time you take your accord to applebees.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0anqeGz0c7coK/617x.jpg

Now do research and see how many ride motorcycles versus drive cars. Then calculate how many daily ride their bikes in traffic as many do with cars and calculate how many motorcycle wrecks a year happen, how many live and how many die.

It's not all about death, most people don't want to get hurt either.

Your argument about a full containment seat and race gear is just dumb and you know it.

The only reason you make stupid threads is for those two or three dumb twats on here to say "you're awesome man" and give you reps. If that's what you need to feel like an accomplished individual then that's cool and all, but...LOL

Oh and I have seen numerous deaths from motorcycles and numerous people have a pretty bad wreck live, the deciding factor almost always seemed to be gear unless an outside force just made it useless (a tree, car, etc)

Sinfix_15
06-01-2012, 11:05 AM
You're an idiot.

You sure talk like a serious Christian for bashing religion all the time. "The Lord" doesn't have a plan for everything. That's a stupid way to live. A 40mph crash with jeans and a t-shirt on is more than a scrape most of the time, this is like asking why would you wear a seatbelt? God controls everything so you're a pussy to care.

Umm.... the lord is all knowing. He does have a plan for everything. Yes, your life would be a lot more relaxing if you acknowledged it was in his hands and quit stressing.

Hello sex with random strangers.
Hello drugs.
Hello no seatbelt.
Hello no riding gear.
Tornado coming? I can walk outside.

God has my life set out, when it's time it's time.

hell yeah. Now you're living.

Now do research and see how many ride motorcycles versus drive cars. Then calculate how many daily ride their bikes in traffic as many do with cars and calculate how many motorcycle wrecks a year happen, how many live and how many die.

It's not all about death, most people don't want to get hurt either.

Your argument about a full containment seat and race gear is just dumb and you know it.

Wearing a containment suit in your car would probably reduce auto fatalities by 95%..... why is that dumb?

The only reason you make stupid threads is for those two or three dumb twats on here to say "you're awesome man" and give you reps. If that's what you need to feel like an accomplished individual then that's cool and all, but...LOL

Oh and I have seen numerous deaths from motorcycles and numerous people have a pretty bad wreck live, the deciding factor almost always seemed to be gear unless an outside force just made it useless (a tree, car, etc)

You're thinking way too into it. Look at the times of the day when i post. I dont sit around thinking about what im gonna post on IA next..... I'm usually just sitting at my computer, something goes thru my head and i post it. The process usually takes about 45 seconds.... and that's including looking up a picture to post, which i usually do. For me to be seeking positive reps..... i sure do go against the grain a lot.........

Bottom line........ if you're a christian, be a christian..... every time someone dies... its the lord's will. If you believe that, then believe it. I'm gonna assume that as i live my life with semi reckless abandon, that the lord has a clear plan for me and will not let my actions waver me from it. Sure i dont pray, or go to church, or read the bible, or believe, or care..... but i'm still one of God's children and he looks after me when i ride.

Bajjani
06-01-2012, 11:06 AM
There have been several people on IA who have lost friends/loved ones to bike accidents ... and anyone who judges someone on wearing safety gear is just a tool.

But I don't take your posts seriously...<insert troll face>

No coats during winter!!

Sinfix_15
06-01-2012, 11:09 AM
But I don't take your posts seriously...<insert troll face>

and you shouldnt.

It's simply more fun to ignite a topic rather than saying "hi guys, what do you think about this?"

tnomud
06-01-2012, 11:24 AM
that's terrible. Care to elaborate on how this happened?

http://www.transamtrail.com/

TAT (trans american trail). A group of us were riding from Tenn to Cali on Dual Sports. We were on a section in Mississippi and some d-bag was running 78 MPH on a dirt road. He came around a blind turn at 3 of us, sideways. We scattered, truck was heading for me. I jumped up thinking I could get on top of the hood, but he was going much faster than anticipated. I went under the truck, but tires ran me over, got caught on his hitch. Truck dragged me a few hundred feet, crashed into the ditch and went airborn, I came off the hitch. He got out, walked up to me and stared. I asked him to help me, he ran back to his truck and left.

Long story short: 7 broekn ribs, 1 collapsed lung, 1 torn lung, broken back, crushed pelvis, 2 fractured ankles, 2 broken hips, 20+ fractures in femurs, lacarated liver, crushed bladdar, 4 blood transfusions, 3 weeks on life support, 2 weeks in a Nursing home, 3 months in a wheelchair, 2 months on crustches, $750K in medical bills, $35K in co-pays, he had no license, lived in a $3000 trailer, and $25K in liability coverage.

Sinfix_15
06-01-2012, 11:28 AM

TAT (trans american trail). A group of us were riding from Tenn to Cali on Dual Sports. We were on a section in Mississippi and some d-bag was running 78 MPH on a dirt road. He came around a blind turn at 3 of us, sideways. We scattered, truck was heading for me. I jumped up thinking I could get on top of the hood, but he was going much faster than anticipated. I went under the truck, but tires ran me over, got caught on his hitch. Truck dragged me a few hundred feet, crashed into the ditch and went airborn, I came off the hitch. He got out, walked up to me and stared. I asked him to help me, he ran back to his truck and left.

Long story short: 7 broekn ribs, 1 collapsed lung, 1 torn lung, broken back, crushed pelvis, 2 fractured ankles, 2 broken hips, 20+ fractures in femurs, lacarated liver, crushed bladdar, 4 blood transfusions, 3 weeks on life support, 2 weeks in a Nursing home, 3 months in a wheelchair, 2 months on crustches, $750K in medical bills, $35K in co-pays, he had no license, lived in a $3000 trailer, and $25K in liability coverage.

I dont know how someone could live with themselves after walking away from someone like that. That person deserves to be shot in the face.

Elbow
06-01-2012, 11:38 AM
Wearing a containment suit in your car would probably reduce auto fatalities by 95%..... why is that dumb?

I don't know what a containment suit is, but if you're talking about a racing suit, I doubt it would save anything. How many car wrecks kill the person due to fire? Exactly.

Once again, how many of those deaths had seat belts and how many didn't?

It's preparing for the worst. Not being a pussy.

Sinfix_15
06-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Time for me to get back to work. This thread indirectly improved motorcycle safety awareness. The stories shared in this thread are compelling and memorable. Perhaps because of what someone read here today, they will remember to strap up their helmet the next time they ride. God bless.

tnomud
06-01-2012, 11:41 AM
I dont know how someone could live with themselves after walking away from someone like that. That person deserves to be shot in the face.

I'll probably bump into him again some day......

David88vert
06-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Some of you make compelling arguments and have tragic stories to tell. I have faith that the good lord has a plan for me and is looking after my safety every time i take to the streets. With that said..... No riding gear needed.

Except you don't believe in God, so you have no plan.

yeah i feel you on that, you gotta protect them good looks. I employ a strategy that im rather fond of and fully vouch for its effectiveness.....

I call it not crashing.

I've never had a wreck. Still wear gear though. You don't dress to be cool, you dress to go down.

silversol
06-01-2012, 01:02 PM

The lord wont save you from your own stupity and your own free will. Like the dumb ass preacher that was holding a rattle snake becase ''god'' would protect him! well he is now 6ft under ground!

silversol
06-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Not so much about being "too cool" for equipment. It simply ruins the experience. To me it would be about the same as putting on scuba gear to get laid, cant dispute the safety benefit, but i'll live with the risks. There's sharks in the ocean..... i dont wear chain mail when i go swimming.

Its easy to say "i'll live with the risks'' when you dont have a clue the full effect of what the risk are. As some one who has been recovering from a spinal cord injury for the past year trust me you dont have a clue! Im one of the lucky few who are recoveing and will walk again. But trust me sticking a tube in your dick to take a piss is no picnic! A guy I know that has been paralised since 2004 was a profesional rider was ran off the road at 25-30 mph as he was sliding in the grass his ass hit a rock and crushed his t12 paralising him he has had zero recovery!

BanginJimmy
06-01-2012, 04:31 PM

More proof you are an idiot.

In 2009 there were ~254 million passenger vehicles registered in the US, ~8 million were motorcycles.

Simple statistics:
1 person killed for every 5857 non motorcycles.
1 person killed for every 1777 motorcycles.

Yea, you are MUCH safer on a motorcycle.

C230K
06-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Wow

Sinfix_15
06-01-2012, 10:26 PM
Its easy to say "i'll live with the risks'' when you dont have a clue the full effect of what the risk are. As some one who has been recovering from a spinal cord injury for the past year trust me you dont have a clue! Im one of the lucky few who are recoveing and will walk again. But trust me sticking a tube in your dick to take a piss is no picnic! A guy I know that has been paralised since 2004 was a profesional rider was ran off the road at 25-30 mph as he was sliding in the grass his ass hit a rock and crushed his t12 paralising him he has had zero recovery!

I understand the risks. so does every person who sky dives, rock climbs, bungi jumps, scuba dives, rides bulls, ect ect..... none of them want to be injured, but they accept the risk. I obviously do not want to crash a motorcycle and be injured, but i still wish to enjoy riding motorcycles and for me to do that, i have to ride comfortable.

Sinfix_15
06-01-2012, 10:27 PM
More proof you are an idiot.

In 2009 there were ~254 million passenger vehicles registered in the US, ~8 million were motorcycles.

Simple statistics:
1 person killed for every 5857 non motorcycles.
1 person killed for every 1777 motorcycles.

Yea, you are MUCH safer on a motorcycle.

What fun are statistics if you cant bend them to make a point? I posted facts........... i just left out the obvious part about there being 30x as many cars on the road as motorcycles. If you honestly think you posted something that i wasnt aware of..... then YOU are the idiot.

Elbow
06-02-2012, 07:46 AM
I understand the risks. so does every person who sky dives, rock climbs, bungi jumps, scuba dives, rides bulls, ect ect..... none of them want to be injured, but they accept the risk. I obviously do not want to crash a motorcycle and be injured, but i still wish to enjoy riding motorcycles and for me to do that, i have to ride comfortable.

Then I guess you should ask if you would rather get a few rides in being comfortable or loose some comfort to lower the risks of cutting your time on a bike short, or your life.

CSquared
06-04-2012, 07:22 PM

Fuck dude. This, is why i still hesitate to buy a bike, and why i probably never will.

Do you or can you still ride after that?

Sinfix_15
06-05-2012, 02:36 AM
Fuck dude. This, is why i still hesitate to buy a bike, and why i probably never will.

same thing could happen in a car.... or a bicycle... or walking......

It's extremely unfortunate when something bad happens to someone who doesnt deserve it, but thats life...... "sometimes it just up and fucks you for no good reason" - Darwin Tremor.

If you live in fear, you're not living at all.

dc5-rsx
06-05-2012, 02:58 AM
We can see you real hardcore sinfix!!! Ima give you some reps just cause you got troll nuts.
You need some pussy or some friends!!! Real bad!!!

CSquared
06-05-2012, 07:52 AM

It's extremely unfortunate when something bad happens to someone who doesnt deserve it, but thats life...... "sometimes it just up and fucks you for no good reason" - Darwin Tremor.

Im living just fine thanks, and I'm not getting into this argument. I've made it a personal policy not to argue with you anymore because i realize that you are entirely irrational and at least partially retarded.

Have a good one.

Echonova
06-05-2012, 08:03 AM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328867

Sinfix_15
06-05-2012, 12:04 PM
We can see you real hardcore sinfix!!! Ima give you some reps just cause you got troll nuts.
You need some pussy or some friends!!! Real bad!!!

hell yeah mayne, im so hardcore i post pictores of gunz in my sig and spell like a 9 yr old. im such a badass that i challnge kids on forums to old skool gun fights in my front yard like its the wild wild west! i still act like a thug even tho i got kids. you got nuthin on me bro. fuck tha police, straight outta comptom

spinks
06-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Dress for the wreck not the weather. I say that, but I ride in gym shorts and a cut sleeve t shirt when its not cold.

tnomud
06-05-2012, 12:43 PM

No, just motocross. One of my best friends died the day I got out of a wheelchair. He layed in the ditch for a week before he was found (was on a chopper). That was enough for me. I am no longer physically able to get hit by a car, like I was. My odds of surviving that with massive amounts of titanium in my body are slim now. Besides, it cost me $35K out of my own pocket. Had I not had good health insureance, I would literally be bankrupt (he had $25K in liability)

There isn't a day that passes that I dont miss riding. There also isnt a day that passes where I am not in pain, or not remembering my wifes tears as they tried to keep me alive on a table.

toxxxic
06-05-2012, 06:38 PM
you're the fuckin guy who lets his girls ride on the back in a mini skirt, tube top, & flip flops .... then breaks up with her after she loses her boob and half of her arm to road rash after your dumb ass wrecks.

its not about being "AFRAID" -- its about being smart. regardless of how "GOOD" of a rider you are, there is still 40000 17 year old girls behind the wheel texting on their iphones. use your brain.

Sinfix_15
06-06-2012, 02:36 AM
you're the fuckin guy who lets his girls ride on the back in a mini skirt, tube top, & flip flops .... then breaks up with her after she loses her boob and half of her arm to road rash after your dumb ass wrecks.

its not about being "AFRAID" -- its about being smart. regardless of how "GOOD" of a rider you are, there is still 40000 17 year old girls behind the wheel texting on their iphones. use your brain.

I hate riding with passengers and never *offer* a ride to anyone. You'd have to beg to ride with me. I was with my ex for 8 years, she rode on a bike with me twice.

Since you bring it up though, how many female passengers have you ever seen wearing riding gear? i dont recall ever seeing a single one.

Elbow
06-06-2012, 06:53 AM
I hate riding with passengers and never *offer* a ride to anyone. You'd have to beg to ride with me. I was with my ex for 8 years, she rode on a bike with me twice.

Since you bring it up though, how many female passengers have you ever seen wearing riding gear? i dont recall ever seeing a single one.

Yeah, none. Why? Because they're all morons. I love seeing a guy riding with at least pants and a jacket and their girlfriend on the back with nothing but a helmet. Nothing screams I love you more than that!

I have actually seen a few, I guess there isn't real love between couples with bikes these days. lol

Got Milk?
06-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Why do moderators even let you post on here anymore, you should really get out more.

spinks
06-06-2012, 06:49 PM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328867

Weston was a good guy. Apparently his demise was due to inexperience. I was told he took a corner too fast and lost it. It's about 5 minutes from my house where the accident happened.

Bacon
06-06-2012, 08:45 PM
I dress for the fall; not for the ride.

When I had the CBR, I rode with street gloves, a Joe Rocket leather jacket, full face helmet, and boots. Now that I own a cruiser, I am down to a breathable mesh jacket, no gloves, same helmet and boots.

Sinfix_15
06-07-2012, 02:39 AM
Why do moderators even let you post on here anymore, you should really get out more.

yeah, me posting on here at 3-4 in the morning is ruining my life.

But...... to answer your question.......

Why do they let me post here? well..... you could ignore me if you wanted to... but you dont. Here you are.... posting in my thread. Maybe bitches like you secretly love me and just dont know how to express it. So thats why they let me post here. To keep you happy.....

Sinfix_15
06-07-2012, 02:44 AM
I dress for the fall; not for the ride.

When I had the CBR, I rode with street gloves, a Joe Rocket leather jacket, full face helmet, and boots. Now that I own a cruiser, I am down to a breathable mesh jacket, no gloves, same helmet and boots.

full face helmet on a cruiser?????

Bacon
06-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Picking up a brain bucket today. When it's rains, I will get out the full face.

mavisky
06-07-2012, 10:23 PM
You may well be the dumbest motherfucker on the entire internet. Congratulations on your achievement.

Bacon
06-07-2012, 10:26 PM
Sinfix, picked up a German bucket today for $60. Getcha one.

Catnip
06-07-2012, 11:11 PM

When I had the '08 GSXR I wouldn't let my girl get on without my Tourmaster, full face, jeans, and leather shoes.

Sinfix_15
06-08-2012, 02:35 AM
When I had the '08 GSXR I wouldn't let my girl get on without my Tourmaster, full face, jeans, and leather shoes.

whenever i go riding i make my girl wear an apron............

and tell her to have a sandwich ready when i get back.

Sinfix_15
06-08-2012, 02:36 AM
You may well be the dumbest motherfucker on the entire internet. Congratulations on your achievement.

Do i get a trophy of some sort?

Western.
06-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Dude, I'm just saying, There's a lot of things that grind your gears.

Sinfix_15
06-09-2012, 02:45 AM
Dude, I'm just saying, There's a lot of things that grind your gears.

you dont know the half of it. I started to make a thread listing all of them. Perhaps one day when im not so tired.

Western.
06-09-2012, 08:41 AM
Exactly.

toxxxic
06-10-2012, 06:13 PM

I have my own gear. And I don't even have a bike. I bought an Icon Jacket & an Icon helmet just because I had FRIENDS who had bikes who I would ride with sometimes.