PDA

View Full Version : Deep thoughts derived from a weekend of partying and 12 hours of motorcycle riding.

Sinfix_15
05-30-2012, 12:33 PM
I drove my motorcycle to Florida this weekend and since i couldnt find my ipod prior to leaving, i did it without music. This long ride gave me a lot of time to reflect on life and the occurrences that led me to be the person i am today.

I'm going to attempt to consolidate these visions into something legible. I'll start with a back story.

I'm 28 years old and living alone in columbus GA for the first time in my life. Prior to now, i've lived with parents, roommates and girlfriends. I've never been married, but i feel ive lived the married life and gone through a divorce. My "exwife" and i were together for 8 years. She got the dog in the split. If i had to explain why we separated, id have to say it was a lack of interest from me. Not a lack of interest in her, but a lack of interest in life. I think its possible to be 100% in love with someone even though they make you miserable. The kicker is that once you become miserable, you're not the person they love anymore. That's what happened to me.

I've recently been on the rebound and trying to find someone new and its been increasingly difficult. I feel i've been domesticated by living the married life. I went from playing sports, doing martial arts and being in perfectly good shape to an overweight house husband who would rather spend my weekends mowing the lawn than going to the club. Some of my problem is that despite my own decline, my taste in women hasnt curved off. I still want the hot college girls. I've never in my life had a problem picking up women but now it seems an impossible task. I've came to the conclusion that i never knew how to pick up women to begin with, only how to respond to their attention which i get a lot less of currently. Women are simple creatures. Despite how many of them say "a sense of humor" when polled by cosmo, physical appearance is 95% of picking up a woman.

I've decided that step 1 of my return to happiness is to re-devote my life to fitness. When i was younger, i was the type who would cancel a date if i hadnt had a chance to go to the gym that day. Eating a restaurant that didnt have healthy food was an absolute no. Even my vacation stay had to have a gym. I played sports, competed in martial arts and was an extremely active person. It would be a cop out to blame the decline on a relationship, but i allowed myself to become "domesticated". Time for all of that to change.

Even though i always did and probably always will love my exgirlfriend, never in my life will i live for someone else again. It's not an angry rant or a declaration of blame. My ex was the perfect girl for me and i liked every single thing about her, but i realized that the lifestyle makes me miserable. This may come as a huge shocker to some of you, but i'm not a religious or family oriented person. Not one fiber of my existence wants to have children. When i have someone else to answer to, im miserable, bottom line. No matter how perfect that person is or how much i love them, if i have to answer to them, it makes me miserable. For this reason alone, i feel the family life just isnt in the cards for me.

My goal now is to return back to a fitness lifestyle, get back into athletic hobbies, move back to Florida within the next 2 years and put a 6 month expiration date on all future relationships regardless of how theyre going. May sound like an empty or selfish lifestyle to some, but keep in mind youre talking to a person who gets pissed off that he has to stop at funeral processions.

All comments welcomed. I support your freedom of speech even if you use it to flame me. Any ladies who may potentially be moved by the sensitivity displayed in this "blog" feel free to PM me. I DO fuck on the first date.

That is all for now.

quickdodgeŽ
05-30-2012, 02:35 PM
...and put a 6 month expiration date on all future relationships regardless of how theyre going. ...

You mentioned just after the above quote that the way you want to live your life may sound selfish and that you don't want children. It's not being selfish at all. You are who you are so there's no reason you should live your life and be miserable because you don't want to seem unselfish. It's your life, so you live it how best it suits you, hopefully without being detrimental to someone else. I mentioned this to preface my reply in response to the above quote to lead into my actual reply. The only advice, which I don't think you were asking for any, is to be upfront with any future relationship prospects. Try to find women who feel the same. That's the part that would be selfish...getting into a "relationship" that you think/know is only going to last a short time and the girl may think otherwise.

That's all I can think of right off hand to comment on. Lucky ass, though, for moving to Florida. Later, QD.

Echonova
05-30-2012, 08:30 PM
Do what makes you happy, as it was more eloquently stated above there is nothing wrong with that. If you're not happy, the anger comes out sideways directed at anything that irritates you. That's no way to live life.

Glad you had this epiphany now before you were "trapped" (for lack of a better term) with kids, mortgage, etc. Most people muddle through life doing what they think is "the right thing" or "what their supposed to do" and are miserable with the mediocrity of compromise their lives have become.

Sinfix_15
05-30-2012, 08:54 PM
You mentioned just after the above quote that the way you want to live your life may sound selfish and that you don't want children. It's not being selfish at all. You are who you are so there's no reason you should live your life and be miserable because you don't want to seem unselfish. It's your life, so you live it how best it suits you, hopefully without being detrimental to someone else. I mentioned this to preface my reply in response to the above quote to lead into my actual reply. The only advice, which I don't think you were asking for any, is to be upfront with any future relationship prospects. Try to find women who feel the same. That's the part that would be selfish...getting into a "relationship" that you think/know is only going to last a short time and the girl may think otherwise.

That's all I can think of right off hand to comment on. Lucky ass, though, for moving to Florida. Later, QD.

I'm a pretty honest person in that regard, i may not say everything, but i dont say anything i dont mean.

Being back in Florida felt like i was home, gotta get the ball rolling on returning. One of my life long friends is a police officer in FL, i think im gonna look to join the police academy there.

Sinfix_15
05-30-2012, 08:59 PM
Do what makes you happy, as it was more eloquently stated above there is nothing wrong with that. If you're not happy, the anger comes out sideways directed at anything that irritates you. That's no way to live life.

Glad you had this epiphany now before you were "trapped" (for lack of a better term) with kids, mortgage, etc. Most people muddle through life doing what they think is "the right thing" or "what their supposed to do" and are miserable with the mediocrity of compromise their lives have become.

yeah, the pull to do what "youre suppose to do" is overwhelming.

BenjaminJunu
05-30-2012, 09:19 PM
Florida is the shit man. After moving here i would never go back to georgia. good luck with you unhappy relationship shit though.

C230K
05-30-2012, 09:20 PM
You should look into the Law of Attraction

quickdodgeŽ
05-30-2012, 09:43 PM
I'm a pretty honest person in that regard, i may not say everything, but i dont say anything i dont mean.

Being back in Florida felt like i was home, gotta get the ball rolling on returning. One of my life long friends is a police officer in FL, i think im gonna look to join the police academy there.

I don't know if I've seen it posted before, but what part of Florida? Later, QD.

Sinfix_15
05-30-2012, 09:54 PM
I don't know if I've seen it posted before, but what part of Florida? Later, QD.

I want to move to Alachua or Ocala

Sinfix_15
05-30-2012, 09:56 PM
You should look into the Law of Attraction

i made it this far and stopped.

"The law of attraction is a belief or theory, that "like attracts like," and that by focusing on positive or negative thoughts, one can bring about positive or negative results."

bodhi
05-30-2012, 10:12 PM
that post is extremely too long

if anyone can vouch that it's worth the read then ill contemplate it.

Catnip
05-30-2012, 10:21 PM

Not so much. Kinda like watching Seinfield.

Sinfix_15
05-30-2012, 10:33 PM

i like your style.

Sinfix_15
05-30-2012, 10:35 PM
Not so much. Kinda like watching Seinfield.

hey, it took them nearly a decade to figure that one out.

Catnip
05-30-2012, 10:44 PM
hey, it took them nearly a decade to figure that one out.

Guess I'm gifted!

C230K
05-30-2012, 11:11 PM
i made it this far and stopped.

"The law of attraction is a belief or theory, that "like attracts like," and that by focusing on positive or negative thoughts, one can bring about positive or negative results."

You said that you are miserable and seems like some what depressed, your just attracting negative energy towards you, Im pretty sure when you was in your lifestyle before, you was happy and had a positive outlook. Keep your head up and stay positive. I know it sounds gay, but thats how I look at things because I myself hate being down and shit. As far as your ex goes, Where there was fire ashes remain.

teh bri
05-31-2012, 09:36 AM

What he said.

98blackcivic
06-01-2012, 11:58 AM
poor guy. we all feel very sorry and happy for you at the same time.

nelson9995
06-24-2012, 12:55 AM
I'm reviving and old thread but I would like to put my 2 cents in.
I had a gf of 3 years who was a great girl and felt the same way as you.
We broke up, I was heartbroken for about 8 months (no shit). Tried everything to get her back and I grew full of that miserable feeling which in my case was kind of hatred. Luckily for me my looks improved so it was pretty easy to find another. Well, long story short. I learned alot in my new relationship in which I am still in. I thought the same way as far as never settling again. Well my mind changed.
Conclusion:
I wouldn't go into a relationship with the close mindset that it won't last because that will just make you not put any effort in, which will lead to failure. I say don't put your previous experience into a new female that you may meet. It wouldn't be fair for a female to do that to you.

If you are going to do that regardless I would just stay single and fuck around, that way, you don't play with a woman's feelings whose intention might have been to really put their all in and make you happy, considering that many of the females around your age that are dating, are looking for a serious relationship, and someone to settle down with.

That is all, good luck dude.