PDA

View Full Version : before and after omnipower full coilovers

99SI
12-03-2005, 08:49 AM
I just got my new Omnipower full coilovers installed yesterday. I love it. The ride is just a bit more harsh, however, it is by no means unstreetable. It still has some give to it but not much! Once I get my exhaust modified a little bit I have a suspension techniques rear sway bar that is about twice the size of the stock bar, that will be going on. Look out Mountains!
The first two pics are my car on stock suspension, wheel gap ewww.
Next two pics are my car on the new omnipower coilovers. :goodjob:

Vteckidd
12-03-2005, 09:51 AM
Lower the front another .5 in, and the rear another .25 in

get an OEM front bumper and you can prob go .75 of an in in front

looks good, but the front is higher than the rear, unless its just the incline

99SI
12-03-2005, 10:23 AM
I just went out and looked at it on flat ground and it looks like the rear is just a tad bit higher than the front. I didn't want to take it too low untiil I saw how everything was going to sit. We set it at 2" below stock before we put them on. The problem now is getting to the collars! I may do it when I get home, I don't want to mess up my fresh and clean sales clothes! I was worried I didn't do something right but I think we got it right. I am ready to hit some twisty roads to see how it reacts. I know one thing, braking is greatly improved from them. I also threw some Hawk HP+ pads on the rear while we were there and while I was bedding them in I almost ate the steering wheel. I didn't realize how much I was losing in braking through the stock suspension. Now I really know I need that engine damper, that's the only thing on a launch that gives and with the suspension so much stiffer you can really feel the engine bucking. GEt me a price on the engine damper.

Repost Squintz
12-03-2005, 10:41 AM
looks alot better

99SI
12-03-2005, 02:14 PM
Thank you. I agree, it looks much better. Now onto the next step! The project will never be finished.

IntegraXTR
12-03-2005, 02:21 PM
looks good, but would look even better with the OEM front

99SI
12-05-2005, 11:44 AM
^^^^I agree with that as well. The kit was on the car when I bought it, I've just been spending all the money I can on making it go faster, stop shorter, and handle better before I worry about the aesthetics. I have been planning on getting it back to the oem front w/ a lip but haven't had the extra few bucks to buy it. Plus, I refuse to rock the primer, so when I get the bumper I plan to paint it and install it. I have a few things more to do, ie: RMF header, Rocket motorsports head work, before I do the bumper. Who knows, I may go ahead and splurge before too long. ;)