PDA

View Full Version : need major help !! 02 accord get code p 401

never2loud
05-24-2012, 09:44 PM
I have to pass emissions next week and I keep getting engine code p401 twice. I replaced egr, also drilled out the egr port in the intake manifold. Cleaned top and bottom and after of 45 min of driving it sets a code. But I just drove it 10 minutes ago, and no lights but my obd2 comp reads the egr code still. Please I've read tons online about this problem, but I don't know how to fix it I've torn that motor down 5 times, please help. I've heard a few say heat is the problem, others wiring is the problem, any advice will help.

it's 2002 Honda accord v6 200,000

never2loud
05-25-2012, 01:26 PM
please guys I really need help, I know this is a very common problem for accords so I know someone here can help, the Honda dealership told me if I already drilled out the egr port then I need to bring it in for fuel decarbonizer, so it sounds like a rip off.
but Ive tried everything else except maybe the computer is messed up, but I don't think it is so please help.

never2loud
05-26-2012, 01:22 PM
thank you all for your help, I must say I am impressed. I just hope nobody else 1has this issue, if so clean your intake manifold completely. I guess IA isn't what it used to be a few years ago when everyone try and help you out. Peace out