PDA

View Full Version : In this thread, I deomstrate the future of America

Sinfix_15
05-22-2012, 11:40 AM
Sometimes i wonder if freedom of speech is such a great thing after all. Maybe we should reserve this right for tax payers only, that might solve the problem.
In a day and age where sending an angry text or email to an exgirlfriend can get you arrested, how is it that the law doesnt prevent people from being told that theyre going to burn in hell? If i sent the text "You're going to burn for what you did", i could be arrested. If i were completely ignorant to christian lore and saw a protester holding a sign telling me that i was going to burn in hell, could that not be perceived as a threat? Why does the law assume that people are in understanding of christian meaning. Is being a christian a free pass to talk like a crazed lunatic? On the news yesterday i listened to a preacher giving his political advice to the presidential candidates. His advice was to lock "Lesbians and queers" in cages together and eventually they would die off because they wouldnt be able to reproduce.

My only beef is this........... Christians.... you have the right to say whatever you wish within the confines of the law. I want you to have this right, even if you use it to tell me i am going to burn in hell. However...... if you're going to abuse your freedoms, at least help pay for them. Give me one reason that any church should be tax exempt in a country that is trillions of dollars in debt. Based on a brief attempt at finding the answer, i estimate there is about 400,000 churches in the united states. For comparison, there's about 4000 Walmarts.
http://deathbypoprocks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/kissgirl.jpg
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAsE9ORUSYktUheOtzITOzkIkyCDrkp-cbl589ETM1HHidUun-Sg
http://www.funnychurchsigns.org/show-image.php?id=18
http://marketingjesus.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/olivet_baptist_sign_Funny_Church_Signs-s320x298-10418-580.jpg
http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Funny/dont-let-jesus-catch-you-riding-dirty.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-kWRj8ypzjQA/T4yywCxXvII/AAAAAAAAZYY/WtMIrD8N0_k/s1600/the_funniest_of_church_signs_640_10.jpg

Elbow
05-22-2012, 12:01 PM
So I may be missing the point here but it seems like you are mad tha people can say burn in hell or something related to hell because it relates to religion and not everyone is religious? LMFAO What is wrong with you? Either you just get bored and make dumb threads to have entertainment or you really are an idiot. It would be hard to find anyone that does not know the idea of heaven and hell. All I really see in here though is a bashing of Christianity and a lack of English.

chaseamundo
05-22-2012, 12:01 PM
Holy Shit

Browning151
05-22-2012, 12:08 PM
All I really see in here though is a bashing of Christianity

Pretty much. I guess OP doesn't realize that the concept of "hell" exists in other religions as well.

Sinfix_15
05-22-2012, 12:28 PM
So I may be missing the point here but it seems like you are mad tha people can say burn in hell or something related to hell because it relates to religion and not everyone is religious? LMFAO What is wrong with you? Either you just get bored and make dumb threads to have entertainment or you really are an idiot. It would be hard to find anyone that does not know the idea of heaven and hell. All I really see in here though is a bashing of Christianity and a lack of English.

So as an american citizen i am required to have an understanding of a 1000 year old science fiction book? Why is it so hard to believe that some people absolutely do NOT believe in your religion. Being told i'm going to hell draws about the same emotional reaction as being told i'm going to be wisped away by magical unicorns.

Pretty much. I guess OP doesn't realize that the concept of "hell" exists in other religions as well.

Meaning nothing to the nonreligious. Is it a requirement to be a part of a religious group?

Elbow
05-22-2012, 12:48 PM
So as an american citizen i am required to have an understanding of a 1000 year old science fiction book? Meaning nothing to the nonreligious. Is it a requirement to be a part of a religious group? Stop acting like such an idiot. You do not need to understand the bible to know hell is a term for a bad place. You never fail at making me worry about the future of man kind. Lol

Sinfix_15
05-22-2012, 01:02 PM
Stop acting like such an idiot. You do not need to understand the bible to know hell is a term for a bad place. You never fail at making me worry about the future of man kind. Lol

yet people who believe in angels, demons and lakes of fire do not make you worry about the future of man kind???? Understanding of the bible is about as useful as understanding The Lord of the Rings or what elements are needed to summon Captain Planet.

Browning151
05-22-2012, 01:31 PM
Meaning nothing to the nonreligious. Is it a requirement to be a part of a religious group?

You attacked Christianity, you dolt. Your argument has nothing to actually do with hell, the concept thereof or freedom of speech, you're just pointlessly ranting on about Christianity.

David88vert
05-22-2012, 02:29 PM
You need to break down your arguments in to logical separations to be able to have them taken seriously.

1) Freedom of speech in relationship to taxation.
2) The concept of hell in relationship to multiple religions and the non-religious.

Your muddling of these questions and concepts show your lack of logic, reason, and general common sense. You should pick a subject, and stick to it, without falling into tangents.

In the first question, freedom of speech has never been tied to taxation, and the 1st Amendment addresses it as a personal right of all individuals. Political, business, and religious affliations have no bearance on this fundamental right of all individuals.
Taxation is very different between businesses and individuals, and tax-exempt organizations do not have to be religious in nature to obtain tax exempt status.

bu villain
05-22-2012, 02:41 PM
The issue here has nothing to do with Christianity. If you text your girlfriend and tell her you are going to burn her, that is a very specific threat from one individual to another. You may get a visit from the cops but I don't believe they can arrest you for that. It's probably good grounds for a restraining order though. Holding a sign saying that 'gays will burn in hell' for example is a very general threat which is not against any particular individual and it doesn't state the sign holder will do the burning. It is clearly different than 'I will burn Ellen DeGeneres".

Now if particular speech can be shown to incite violence then there may be a criminal action there, but as shown by many white supremacists, that is pretty hard to prove.

nelson9995
05-22-2012, 03:55 PM
I'm guessing sinfix gets high every night (which I have nothing against) and thinks of these things that noone else thinks of and posts it on IA. lol

Elbow
05-22-2012, 04:21 PM
yet people who believe in angels, demons and lakes of fire do not make you worry about the future of man kind???? Understanding of the bible is about as useful as understanding The Lord of the Rings or what elements are needed to summon Captain Planet.

Why would someones belief cause me to worry? I believe in God, does that mean I'm a gay hating everyone who doesn't believe in Jesus or read the Bible is going to hell type of guy? Nope.

Your argument here is flat out stupid, simple as that. I believe you're trying to make people angry versus having a real debate, you're clearly mad about religion for some reason and hoping to show your anger about it without seeming too much of a cry baby.

-EnVus-
05-22-2012, 06:13 PM
Its to easy to photo shop or alter those signs and also churches are tax exempt cause they take in no profits. Churches give back to the community in many ways food drives, Help homeless, Shelter the needy, Clothes drives etc...I do think they allow to many people to operate or obtain the permit to have a church.
In Winder alone there is a remodeled building or store every 50 yards that has became a church in the past years. Not trying to sound racist in any way but they are almost all black owned and the owners drive new fancy cars...

C230K
05-22-2012, 08:49 PM
Im convinced now that your just a cold hearted guy, first the funeral thread and now this, really? Its ok I will pray for you tonight

Sinfix_15
05-23-2012, 02:35 AM
I'm guessing sinfix gets high every night (which I have nothing against) and thinks of these things that noone else thinks of and posts it on IA. lol

you might be on to something here.

Im convinced now that your just a cold hearted guy, first the funeral thread and now this, really? Its ok I will pray for you tonight

I'm a teddy bear.

You need to break down your arguments in to logical separations to be able to have them taken seriously.

1) Freedom of speech in relationship to taxation.
2) The concept of hell in relationship to multiple religions and the non-religious.

Your muddling of these questions and concepts show your lack of logic, reason, and general common sense. You should pick a subject, and stick to it, without falling into tangents.

In the first question, freedom of speech has never been tied to taxation, and the 1st Amendment addresses it as a personal right of all individuals. Political, business, and religious affliations have no bearance on this fundamental right of all individuals.
Taxation is very different between businesses and individuals, and tax-exempt organizations do not have to be religious in nature to obtain tax exempt status.

No need to separate religions to me, i view them all the same.

Freedom of speech IS tied to taxation as there are guidelines for keeping your tax exempt status. Based on the law, several churches violate the terms of their tax exempt status by exercising their "free speech". I mentioned one example in my "mindless" rant. I always bury facts in my posts.

Sinfix_15
05-23-2012, 02:38 AM
Why would someones belief cause me to worry? I believe in God, does that mean I'm a gay hating everyone who doesn't believe in Jesus or read the Bible is going to hell type of guy? Nope.

Your argument here is flat out stupid, simple as that. I believe you're trying to make people angry versus having a real debate, you're clearly mad about religion for some reason and hoping to show your anger about it without seeming too much of a cry baby.

My argument is that churches violate the terms of their tax exempt status with their free speech and should have it revoked. Tax exempt status has specific rules and guidelines, some of which deal with public speaking. Watch the news...........

Echonova
05-23-2012, 05:07 AM
Religious Organizations

To determine whether an organization meets the religious purposes test of section 501(c)(3), the IRS maintains two basic guidelines.

That the particular religious beliefs of the organization are truly and sincerely held.

That the practices and rituals associated with the organization's religious belief or creed are not illegal or contrary to clearly defined public policy.

Therefore, your group (or organization) may not qualify for treatment as an exempt religious organization for tax purposes if its actions, as contrasted with its beliefs, are contrary to well established and clearly defined public policy. If there is a clear showing that the beliefs (or doctrines) are sincerely held by those professing them, the IRS will not question the religious nature of those beliefs.
Churches. Although a church, its integrated auxiliaries, or a convention or association of churches is not required to file Form 1023 to be exempt from federal income tax or to receive tax deductible contributions, the organization may find it advantageous to obtain recognition of exemption. In this event, you should submit information showing that your organization is a church, synagogue, association or convention of churches, religious order, or religious organization that is an integral part of a church, and that it is engaged in carrying out the function of a church.

In determining whether an admittedly religious organization is also a church, the IRS does not accept every assertion that the organization is a church. Because beliefs and practices vary so widely, there is no single definition of the word church for tax purposes. The IRS considers the facts and circumstances of each organization applying for church status.

Convention or association of churches. Any organization that is otherwise a convention or association of churches will not fail to qualify as a church merely because the membership of the organization includes individuals as well as churches or because the individuals have voting rights in the organization.

Integrated auxiliaries. An organization is an integrated auxiliary of a church if all the following are true.

The organization is described both in sections 501(c)(3) and 509(a)(1), 509(a)(2), or 509(a)(3).

It is affiliated with a church or a convention or association of churches.

It is internally supported. An organization is internally supported unless both of the following are true.

It offers admissions, goods, services, or facilities for sale, other than on an incidental basis, to the general public (except goods, services, or facilities sold at a nominal charge or for a small part of the cost).

It normally gets more than 50% of its support from a combination of governmental sources, public solicitation of contributions, and receipts from the sale of admissions, goods, performance of services, or furnishing of facilities in activities that are not unrelated trades or businesses.

Special rule. Men's and women's organizations, seminaries, mission societies, and youth groups that satisfy (1) and (2) shown earlier are integrated auxiliaries of a church even if they are not internally supported.

In order for an organization (including a church and religious organization) to qualify for tax exemption, no part of its net earnings can inure to any individual.

Although an individual is entitled to a charitable deduction for contributions to a church, the assignment or similar transfer of compensation for personal services to a church generally does not relieve a taxpayer of federal income tax liability on the compensation, regardless of the motivation behind the transfer.

http://www.irs.gov/publications/p557/ch03.html#en_US_2011_publink1000200104

Elbow
05-23-2012, 06:06 AM
My argument is that churches violate the terms of their tax exempt status with their free speech and should have it revoked. Tax exempt status has specific rules and guidelines, some of which deal with public speaking. Watch the news...........

L...M...F...A...O

David88vert
05-23-2012, 06:58 AM
No need to separate religions to me, i view them all the same.

Freedom of speech IS tied to taxation as there are guidelines for keeping your tax exempt status. Based on the law, several churches violate the terms of their tax exempt status by exercising their "free speech". I mentioned one example in my "mindless" rant. I always bury facts in my posts.

Clearly, you do not view all religions as the same, as you specifically target only one - Christianity. You have not started any threads complaining about any other religions.

The First Amendment guarantees freedom of speech. Please show me where it refers to taxation - there is none.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Here's a good article for you to read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_in_the_United_States
Basically, you will see that religion and taxation are not affiliated with freedom of speech. Your concept that religion and taxation should be used to control the ability of individuals to practice their First Amendment right of freedom of speech is not only unconstitutional, it is against the very grain of what this country was founded upon, and if you feel that you need these constraints to be happy, I suggest that you move to a country that has these constraints - try China, Russia, Burma, etc.

Tax Exempt status comes form the IRS guidelines - not from the Constitution, which is the guideline of the law. The IRS is not tasked with creating the law, and cannot have any say concerning individual rights, that is the job of Congress. Your "facts" are incorrect, and your very concept of how the system works shows that you did not grasp the basics in civics class.

Now, personally, I have no problem with removing tax exempt status from EVERYONE and ALL organizations. All individuals and organizations use the common services provided by revenue gathered through taxation, so all should pay into the same system. We are all protected by our Armed Forces, we all use the fire and police departments, etc. That is very different than tying freedom of speech to taxpayer status.

Jdm94Coupe
05-23-2012, 07:06 AM
You never fail at making me worry about the future of man kind. Lol

Isn't that what you just implied? You are worried about the future of man kind, based on his non religious statements above.

And no it doesn't mean YOU are a guy hating everyone for not believing in your religion. But the majority of religious people (especially christians) hate a group of people for other things....... ie being homosexual, not believing the same religion they do, not having a religion, not reading the bible and what not......

And honestly, I agree with the OP for once in IA history. I do think churches should pay taxes, I dont care about their free speech though. I just think that they take in huge amounts of $ and do what they want with it. Yes they do some good as well. But overall, especially big churches, they take in huge amounts of $ and dish out small amounts of $.

Jdm94Coupe
05-23-2012, 07:08 AM
Now, personally, I have no problem with removing tax exempt status from EVERYONE and ALL organizations. All individuals and organizations use the common services provided by revenue gathered through taxation, so all should pay into the same system. We are all protected by our Armed Forces, we all use the fire and police departments, etc. That is very different than tying freedom of speech to taxpayer status.

Well said, I agree.

Browning151
05-23-2012, 08:38 AM
But the majority of religious people (especially christians) hate a group of people for other things....... ie being homosexual, not believing the same religion they do, not having a religion, not reading the bible and what not......

Painting with a mighty wide brush there are we?

Sinfix_15
05-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Clearly, you do not view all religions as the same, as you specifically target only one - Christianity. You have not started any threads complaining about any other religions.

The First Amendment guarantees freedom of speech. Please show me where it refers to taxation - there is none.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Here's a good article for you to read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_in_the_United_States
Basically, you will see that religion and taxation are not affiliated with freedom of speech. Your concept that religion and taxation should be used to control the ability of individuals to practice their First Amendment right of freedom of speech is not only unconstitutional, it is against the very grain of what this country was founded upon, and if you feel that you need these constraints to be happy, I suggest that you move to a country that has these constraints - try China, Russia, Burma, etc.

Tax Exempt status comes form the IRS guidelines - not from the Constitution, which is the guideline of the law. The IRS is not tasked with creating the law, and cannot have any say concerning individual rights, that is the job of Congress. Your "facts" are incorrect, and your very concept of how the system works shows that you did not grasp the basics in civics class.

I do view all religions the same, but what i talk about is dictated by my audience. For all you know, i have another thread posted on importIraqiKurdistan.com about the Koran too.

To retain tax exempt status, churches are required NOT to publicly endorse any candidate for any public office. This includes the president, obviously. Churches are not suppose to use their public exposure to comment on any government office in any way good or bad.

Example - " LiSssSsSSSssSsSSsSSSTeNN here Brothas and Sistas.................... i say i say i say i say i say listen here AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when i vote, i wont be votin for a mormon or a baby killa AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

This would be a violation of the tax exempt agreement. In order to retain tax exempt status, churches are not allowed to comment on any candidate for any government office. Something we know they ALL do...................... Churches should be held accountable for their actions and stupidity.

Sinfix_15
05-23-2012, 11:33 AM
All of these violate the terms of tax exempt status.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=c3wh2XT4e8M#t=35s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hAYe7MT5BxM#t=35s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fA7ULgcPyf0#t=6s

David88vert
05-23-2012, 01:36 PM
I do view all religions the same, but what i talk about is dictated by my audience. For all you know, i have another thread posted on importIraqiKurdistan.com about the Koran too.

To retain tax exempt status, churches are required NOT to publicly endorse any candidate for any public office. This includes the president, obviously. Churches are not suppose to use their public exposure to comment on any government office in any way good or bad.

Example - " LiSssSsSSSssSsSSsSSSTeNN here Brothas and Sistas.................... i say i say i say i say i say listen here AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when i vote, i wont be votin for a mormon or a baby killa AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

This would be a violation of the tax exempt agreement. In order to retain tax exempt status, churches are not allowed to comment on any candidate for any government office. Something we know they ALL do...................... Churches should be held accountable for their actions and stupidity.

You are not on another car site making the same type of statements that you do on here. Don't even try to say that you are.

Your statement that they cannot comment on any candidate is so wrong that its funny. You need to educate yourself before typing.
Read the IRS guidelines - see page 7-13 on http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p1828.pdf

There are specific guidelines, and IF a church violates them (and yes, I am sure that quite a few have over the decades), THEN the IRS should remove their tax-exempt status, BUT ONLY if it is a statement from the Church, and not just the pastor expressing his own personal views. Again, read the guidelines.
If you have specific proof of a church violating the guidelines, then you would submit them to the IRS, so that the IRS can investigate. That is the proper course of action - not running to a local car forum and whining like a high school drama queen. No one on this forum is in the position to change the tax exempt status of any organization or individual.

So, how would you know what is being said in ALL of the churches, since you don't attend ANY of them?

Elbow
05-23-2012, 03:37 PM
Isn't that what you just implied? You are worried about the future of man kind, based on his non religious statements above.

And no it doesn't mean YOU are a guy hating everyone for not believing in your religion. But the majority of religious people (especially christians) hate a group of people for other things....... ie being homosexual, not believing the same religion they do, not having a religion, not reading the bible and what not......

And honestly, I agree with the OP for once in IA history. I do think churches should pay taxes, I dont care about their free speech though. I just think that they take in huge amounts of $ and do what they want with it. Yes they do some good as well. But overall, especially big churches, they take in huge amounts of $ and dish out small amounts of $.

I'm worried about man kind because of his posts, not his bashing of religion, but lack of any common knowledge. How does someone even come up with this stuff? lol

The majority of Christians don't fit into that category, you don't see the majority, you see the ones speaking out and making everyone else look like inbred fools. I agree completely on large churches, some churches spend millions on their church, the excuse being to accommodate more people, I'm sorry but huge projectors, a massive sound system, laser lights, etc. Those do not accommodate more people. It's no myth that some churches are businesses and making money, sad to say though I don't see anyone doing anything about it.

A huge church I can see paying taxes, a church made up of fifty members in a small church house built by them and clearly donating only to the local community, they shouldn't have to. The issue is how do you say your church has to start paying taxes but that one doesn't? lol

David88vert
05-23-2012, 05:14 PM
A huge church I can see paying taxes, a church made up of fifty members in a small church house built by them and clearly donating only to the local community, they shouldn't have to. The issue is how do you say your church has to start paying taxes but that one doesn't? lol

Small churches usually start in people's homes, and like most home-based businesses, they could easily get around paying taxes. Once they have enough to own a building in the churches name, they should have enough members to keep up with maintenance of the building and property taxes, just liek everyone else.

I don't recall Jesus ever asking for any tax-exempt status for the church. Churches use city/county/state/federal services and there is really no need for any organization or individual to not pay for the services that they share.
Read Romans 13:5-7

If a church catches on fire, the fire department responds. If there is a break in, the police respond. If the US is attacked, then our Army defends all of the US, including churches and other tax-exempt organizations.

Jdm94Coupe
05-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Painting with a mighty wide brush there are we?

You honestly think thats not true? btw i forgot my personal favorite........ racist christians..... see/hear it ALL the time out here in mcdonough......

Browning151
05-23-2012, 06:21 PM
You honestly think thats not true?

People who hate other people because they don't share their views are called bigots, not Christians. Not all Christians are Bible thumping intolerant fools, we're not all members of Westboro Baptist Church ya know. Would you also say the majority of Muslims want to strap a bomb on their chest and blow people up? Don't take the impressions you get from the media about the very fringe examples of religion, and let them shape your view on the majority.

btw i forgot my personal favorite........ racist christians..... see/hear it ALL the time out here in mcdonough......

How do you know these "racists" are Christians? Racists come in all shapes, sizes, colors and creeds, it's not just a Christian thing.

Jdm94Coupe
05-23-2012, 08:09 PM
People who hate other people because they don't share their views are called bigots, not Christians. Not all Christians are Bible thumping intolerant fools, we're not all members of Westboro Baptist Church ya know. Would you also say the majority of Muslims want to strap a bomb on their chest and blow people up? Don't take the impressions you get from the media about the very fringe examples of religion, and let them shape your view on the majority.

How do you know these "racists" are Christians? Racists come in all shapes, sizes, colors and creeds, it's not just a Christian thing.

majority.

Browning151
05-23-2012, 08:24 PM
majority.

Ignorant.

Echonova
05-23-2012, 10:00 PM
Ignorant.Bro... Cut him some slack.

He does live in McDonough after all. isn't that punishment enough?

Echonova
05-23-2012, 10:06 PM
What I've learned from this thread is that all stereotypes are true.

Christians hate gays

Blacks like watermelon

Asians are good at math

Old white men run the world.

Mexicans make sure old white men have cheap labor

Europeans have more arrogance than common sense dictates they should.

Eskimos still swap wives.

Browning151
05-23-2012, 10:35 PM

Christians hate gays

Blacks like watermelon

Asians are good at math

:lmfao:

Echo FTW.

Jdm94Coupe
05-24-2012, 07:28 AM

Christians hate gays

Blacks like watermelon

Asians are good at math

what you guys have not learned is the definition of majority.

Majority- The greater number or part; a number more than half of the total.

Hate is a word that isn't needed here. I would say that more then 50% of the people who consider themselves christians do not agree with homosexual people being married/ dont think they deserve equal rights. And yes, some christians DO hate gays. But you guys have to look beside yourselves and look at the complete picture. For every one of you christian guys on here, there is at least 2 other christians who in some shape or form do not like gay people. There are a lot of "christians" (especially out here in the country mcdonough area) who you can tell right off the bat when you look in their eyes and you both see a gay couple or a mixed race couple walk by, that they have a HUGE problem with it.

funny thing is....... SOME stereotypes are true for the MAJORITY..... im black and love watermelon. im also black with multiple computer networking certifications so the blacks are all lazy doesn't apply to me. but it does apply to the majority of black men i know. sometimes you have to face facts when it comes to the majority. hell, most of the black men at my college are lazy, can you imagine the ones that aren't even in college. :no:

Jdm94Coupe
05-24-2012, 07:32 AM
He does live in McDonough after all. isn't that punishment enough?

Yes it is. I'm from Detroit, TRUST me it's hell being around this many racists. I will be moving up on the northside sometime within the next year and a half. Hopefully its a little better for my family.

Elbow
05-24-2012, 07:34 AM

Hate is a word that isn't needed here. I would say that more then 50% of the people who consider themselves christians do not agree with homosexual people being married/ dont think they deserve equal rights. And yes, some christians DO hate gays. But you guys have to look beside yourselves and look at the complete picture. For every one of you christian guys on here, there is at least 2 other christians who in some shape or form do not like gay people. There are a lot of "christians" (especially out here in the country mcdonough area) who you can tell right off the bat when you look in their eyes and you both see a gay couple or a mixed race couple walk by, that they have a HUGE problem with it.

funny thing is....... SOME stereotypes are true for the MAJORITY..... im black and love watermelon. im also black with multiple computer networking certifications so the blacks are all lazy doesn't apply to me. but it does apply to the majority of black men i know. sometimes you have to face facts when it comes to the majority. hell, most of the black men at my college are lazy, can you imagine the ones that aren't even in college. :no:

He was kidding.

I'm Christian, I love gays and black people.

Sinfix_15
05-24-2012, 10:40 AM
You are not on another car site making the same type of statements that you do on here. Don't even try to say that you are.

Your statement that they cannot comment on any candidate is so wrong that its funny. You need to educate yourself before typing.
Read the IRS guidelines - see page 7-13 on http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p1828.pdf

There are specific guidelines, and IF a church violates them (and yes, I am sure that quite a few have over the decades), THEN the IRS should remove their tax-exempt status, BUT ONLY if it is a statement from the Church, and not just the pastor expressing his own personal views. Again, read the guidelines.
If you have specific proof of a church violating the guidelines, then you would submit them to the IRS, so that the IRS can investigate. That is the proper course of action - not running to a local car forum and whining like a high school drama queen. No one on this forum is in the position to change the tax exempt status of any organization or individual.

So, how would you know what is being said in ALL of the churches, since you don't attend ANY of them?

It's not difficult or time consuming to make a thread. I wasnt submitting this thread for your approval and in hopes of you taking action and fulfilling my request. Yes, this is a car forum.... but you are currently viewing a section created for "100% useless, BS, Rants ect", if you find yourself troubled by the content here, id like to politely direct you to many of the other fine sections of IA.

No, i am not a church inspector and i do not tour the globe attending churches. I do find it extremely amusing that one of the most clear cut examples of a pastor violating his tax exempt status was one who was doing it with the now president of the united stats sitting in attendance.

Sinfix_15
05-24-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm worried about man kind because of his posts, not his bashing of religion, but lack of any common knowledge. How does someone even come up with this stuff? lol

The majority of Christians don't fit into that category, you don't see the majority, you see the ones speaking out and making everyone else look like inbred fools. I agree completely on large churches, some churches spend millions on their church, the excuse being to accommodate more people, I'm sorry but huge projectors, a massive sound system, laser lights, etc. Those do not accommodate more people. It's no myth that some churches are businesses and making money, sad to say though I don't see anyone doing anything about it.

You dont speak out against the ones speaking out like "inbred fools" so i assume you stand with them. You confirm everything i suggest in your post, yet you still feel the need to call me uninformed. If you watched the news...... you would see that the tax exempt status of select churches has been called into question. I dont pull these ideas out of my ass.

Sinfix_15
05-24-2012, 11:05 AM

We're so heavily coached not to stereotype anyone or anything these days that people are scared to say anything that could remotely be derived as racism. People also feel the need to over compensate and defend the honor of anyone who might be offended by stereotypes. If someone says something about inbred trailer park meth addict white people from the south being a problem...... my reaction isnt "hey hey hey hey now....... you wait a one gosh darn minute here buddy, according to the census only 21.47% of poverty level white people who inhabit trailer parks in the south have a history of drug related offenses, i take offense to your comment sir" but.... thats the way a lot of people around here seem to respond. Maybe tomorrow i'll wake up in the fantasy land that they live in.

Most stereotypes are funny. They only bother you if you let them. Once you loosen up and learn to take a joke, racial stereotypes are not an issue. I have more black friends than white, i hear most of them use stereotypes on a daily basis. I've invited black friends to a pool party and had them say something like "come on man, im black, you know i aint gettin in no water" or a black friend come over and see me watering the grass and say something like "only at a white person's house".

stereotypes only bother you if you let them. I almost feel sympathy for the people standing up against stereotypes, they must really bother them.

ISAtlanta300
05-24-2012, 12:16 PM
majority.

do you even have some f*cking idea how many Christians are in the entire world? Did you know Christianity is THE biggest religion with over 2 billion people, followed by Islam in second place? So you still want to paint with that wide a brush, since you obviously know all 2 billion people??

Sinfix_15
05-24-2012, 01:05 PM
do you even have some f*cking idea how many Christians are in the entire world? Did you know Christianity is THE biggest religion with over 2 billion people, followed by Islam in second place? So you still want to paint with that wide a brush, since you obviously know all 2 billion people??

you're right..... now imagine how great the world would be if it wasnt.

.blank cd
05-24-2012, 02:31 PM

Humans are dumb, panicky, irrational animals. There will always be religion to quell those people, and as soon as protestant Christianity dies out, there will be something new to replace it.

David88vert
05-24-2012, 02:57 PM

So, if we go back to the "time before religion" we would be back in the Stone Age, living in caves, hunting with spears, etc., right? I'll keep my world of Christians and Muslims, complete with cars, air conditioning, hospitals, and fast food.

.blank cd
05-24-2012, 03:00 PM
So, if we go back to the "time before religion" we would be back in the Stone Age, living in caves, hunting with spears, etc., right? I'll keep my world of Christians and Muslims, complete with cars, air conditioning, hospitals, and fast food.

Religion was responsible for none of those. Sorry.

And even in the stone age, there was religion, just not "Christianity"

Jdm94Coupe
05-24-2012, 04:41 PM

Oh so true.

Jdm94Coupe
05-24-2012, 04:46 PM
So you still want to paint with that wide a brush, since you obviously know all 2 billion people??

Yes. Obviously I dont know 2 billion people. But you as a christian sure are using some foul language, as the majority of christians do. Just saying.....

Echonova
05-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Yes. Obviously I dont know 2 billion people. But you as a christian sure are using some foul language, as the majority of christians do. Just saying.....So Christians can't fucking cuss? That's some bullshit.

Echonova
05-24-2012, 06:47 PM
On a related note.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NDR8Rp3uYk

98blackcivic
05-24-2012, 07:08 PM
dude just go with it lol

Browning151
05-24-2012, 07:15 PM
On a related note.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NDR8Rp3uYk

I'm amazed at the shit you find sometimes.

David88vert
05-24-2012, 07:57 PM

First "car" was steam powered - created by Ferdinand Verbiest, a Jesuit missionary in China. Karl benz is recognized as the father of the modern car - I have no idea if he was a Christian or religious.

Fast Food - chicken sandwich - Chick-Fil-A, enough said.

Willis Carrier came from a deeply religious Christian family, and went on to bring us modern air conditioning.

The ancient Egyptians and the ancient Greeks linked religion and medicine, see their temples. The first documented institutions that functioned as hospitals were Egyptian temples.

You can't just rule out the effect that religion as a concept has had on modern life.

What religions did the cave man recognized? No one has seemed to be able to determine that, they just guess that they had some sort of religion in the upper paleolithic.

blaknoize
05-24-2012, 08:10 PM
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA what!?!?!

.blank cd
05-24-2012, 09:05 PM
First "car" was steam powered - created by Ferdinand Verbiest, a Jesuit missionary in China. Karl benz is recognized as the father of the modern car - I have no idea if he was a Christian or religious.

Fast Food - chicken sandwich - Chick-Fil-A, enough said.

Willis Carrier came from a deeply religious Christian family, and went on to bring us modern air conditioning.

The ancient Egyptians and the ancient Greeks linked religion and medicine, see their temples. The first documented institutions that functioned as hospitals were Egyptian temples.

You can't just rule out the effect that religion as a concept has had on modern life.

What religions did the cave man recognized? No one has seemed to be able to determine that, they just guess that they had some sort of religion in the upper paleolithic.

You just told me that some of the people you designated as the pioneers of those technologies may have been religious, but religion was still not responsible for them, sorry. All of those would have come along, religion or not.

Sinfix_15
05-25-2012, 02:59 AM

Wow...... did you really just say that????

My nonreligious world has cars too, but i test drive them before i buy them.... and want to drive every single one of them.

To associate christianity with technology in any way shape or form is absolutely ridiculous. Most of the world's genius' were nonreligious.... because to be honest.... anyone that intelligent is naturally intelligent enough not to believe in fairy tales. Look up the % of scientist who believe in god...... go grab a post it note and make me a list of certified genius' who believe in god. Sigmund Freud, Leonardo Divinci, Warren Buffet, Mark Zuckerburg, many believe the 3rd president of the united states was an atheist....god sure did "bless" these nonbelievers.

religion is a thorn in the side of science and medicine, to give them credit for any technological advancements is asinine! Remove religion from the world and we're probably living to be 250 years old right now. "playing god" if god's works can be replicated then maybe hes not that special after all.

Elbow
05-25-2012, 06:07 AM
I still don't get the point in bashing religion, someones belief doesn't effect you...AT ALL.

There are extremist, but there are extremist that aren't into religion either. Your bashing of religion is no different than some insane extremist Christian saying you're going to hell for not going to church.

Elbow
05-25-2012, 06:10 AM
To associate christianity with technology in any way shape or form is absolutely ridiculous. Most of the world's genius' were nonreligious.... because to be honest.... anyone that intelligent is naturally intelligent enough not to believe in fairy tales.

I didn't quote the rest of your post because you're too stupid to actually research what you say, but saying intelligent people don't believe in God is just flat out dumb. The funny part is this is coming from by far the stupidest member to ever post on this website, so it's meaningless to anyone that should take offense from it. lol

From your post it also seems you think any religious individual doesn't believe in science, medicine, or anything else. You seem to think anyone that believes in God is blind to anything else in the world and thinks God deserves credit for anything and everything that is done. You also seem to think without religion we would live longer? LMFAO! I never knew religion dictated how long you live. Where did you grow up? Did you even get out of middle school? :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Echonova
05-25-2012, 06:14 AM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/e22f106c.jpg

David88vert
05-25-2012, 06:27 AM
You just told me that some of the people you designated as the pioneers of those technologies may have been religious, but religion was still not responsible for them, sorry. All of those would have come along, religion or not.

Proof that we would be at the same location in time?

David88vert
05-25-2012, 06:40 AM
Wow...... did you really just say that????

My nonreligious world has cars too, but i test drive them before i buy them.... and want to drive every single one of them.

To associate christianity with technology in any way shape or form is absolutely ridiculous. Most of the world's genius' were nonreligious.... because to be honest.... anyone that intelligent is naturally intelligent enough not to believe in fairy tales. Look up the % of scientist who believe in god...... go grab a post it note and make me a list of certified genius' who believe in god. Sigmund Freud, Leonardo Divinci, Warren Buffet, Mark Zuckerburg, many believe the 3rd president of the united states was an atheist....god sure did "bless" these nonbelievers.

religion is a thorn in the side of science and medicine, to give them credit for any technological advancements is asinine! Remove religion from the world and we're probably living to be 250 years old right now. "playing god" if god's works can be replicated then maybe hes not that special after all.

You really have a reading comprehension problem, don't you?

Do you have any concept of how integrated religion is in Japanese society? How it affects their culture and decision making? Your car is a Japanese import. just think about it for a moment. Christianity is not the only religion.

Thomas Jefferson was a diest, not a Christian.
You need to study your history, as you clearly have no concept of how we reached this point in time.

You are a moron to believe that we would be 250 years old without religion. Your ignorance and hatred towards "God" blinds you to reality.

Jdm94Coupe
05-25-2012, 06:44 AM
I still don't get the point in bashing religion, someones belief doesn't effect you...AT ALL.

You joking, right? Not sure if religious people don't notice, but EVERYWHERE you go now days somebodies religion affects you. School, retail stores, gas stations, work, and at your own home. When I was unemployed, the "witnesses" came to my house 3 times a week on average. Face facts man, religious people don't like you not to believe what they believe. And once they find out you don't have a religion, they will do anything in their power to try to get you in "their" church. As if one church will make the difference that the other churches didnt.

Me personally, I am not a religion "basher". I just do not like to be bothered and lectured by people who believe their religion is what "I" need in my life. You have your religion, believe in it and quit trying to make me believe something that is not believable in my eyes. I don't walk around wal-mart handing out flyers to people trying to get them not to believe in god...... so why do religious people? Crazy world we live in. But I deal with it now, when people ask me about religion or wanna talk about it.... i simply say "I have my own relationship with god".... then they'll drop it, lol.

Elbow
05-25-2012, 06:49 AM
You joking, right? Not sure if religious people don't notice, but EVERYWHERE you go now days somebodies religion affects you. School, retail stores, gas stations, work, and at your own home. When I was unemployed, the "witnesses" came to my house 3 times a week on average. Face facts man, religious people don't like you not to believe what they believe. And once they find out you don't have a religion, they will do anything in their power to try to get you in "their" church. As if one church will make the difference that the other churches didnt.

Me personally, I am not a religion "basher". I just do not like to be bothered and lectured by people who believe their religion is what "I" need in my life. You have your religion, believe in it and quit trying to make me believe something that is not believable in my eyes. I don't walk around wal-mart handing out flyers to people trying to get them not to believe in god...... so why do religious people? Crazy world we live in. But I deal with it now, when people ask me about religion or wanna talk about it.... i simply say "I have my own relationship with god".... then they'll drop it, lol.

Once again, some, not all, just as some people that don't like religion want to be completely sure you KNOW they don't like religion. If all religious people felt this way you wouldn't even be able to walk without having to stop because someone is trying to feed you something.

I'd love to hear how retail stores, schools, etc all have anything to do with religion.

You live in a Christian dominated country, of course there will be religious holiday type things everywhere in season, but I'm pretty sure last time I walked into Publix the cashier didn't say "are you currently a member of a church?"

Jdm94Coupe
05-25-2012, 06:50 AM

Do you have any concept of how integrated religion is in Japanese society? How it affects their culture and decision making? Your car is a Japanese import. just think about it for a moment. Christianity is not the only religion.

Thomas Jefferson was a diest, not a Christian.
You need to study your history, as you clearly have no concept of how we reached this point in time.

You are a moron to believe that we would be 250 years old without religion. Your ignorance and hatred towards "God" blinds you to reality.

But honestly, how does religion have to do with the things we build, invent, and discover? Religion is mainly just believing how we got here and why. Because I believe in god and have religious ways, is that the reason I do something great? ...... So if japanese people didnt have a religion we wouldnt have any cars from japan? This whole idea of religion makes us do this or that isn't a good topic to discuss IMO, because there is no proof that someones religion DIRECTLY is the reason they did something great.

Jdm94Coupe
05-25-2012, 06:55 AM
Once again, some, not all, just as some people that don't like religion want to be completely sure you KNOW they don't like religion. If all religious people felt this way you wouldn't even be able to walk without having to stop because someone is trying to feed you something.

I'd love to hear how retail stores, schools, etc all have anything to do with religion.

You live in a Christian dominated country, of course there will be religious holiday type things everywhere in season, but I'm pretty sure last time I walked into Publix the cashier didn't say "are you currently a member of a church?"

People who aren't religious don't walk around telling people that what they believe is not right. Not sure what publix you go to, but I've had multiple people come up to me with flyers and papers speaking about their church or their beliefs. And I'm not talking about any holidays, strictly about the people who make it a point to make sure you believe what they do.

.blank cd
05-25-2012, 08:25 AM

Do you have any concept of how integrated religion is in Japanese society? How it affects their culture and decision making? Your car is a Japanese import. just think about it for a moment. Christianity is not the only religion.You do know Japan is one of the most non religious countries in the WORLD right?

Echonova
05-25-2012, 08:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4HO1JoJTM8

David88vert
05-25-2012, 10:45 AM
But honestly, how does religion have to do with the things we build, invent, and discover? Religion is mainly just believing how we got here and why. Because I believe in god and have religious ways, is that the reason I do something great? ...... So if japanese people didnt have a religion we wouldnt have any cars from japan? This whole idea of religion makes us do this or that isn't a good topic to discuss IMO, because there is no proof that someones religion DIRECTLY is the reason they did something great.

Belief and faith affects people's outlooks and decision, even if they do not always realize it. It can be for good or bad. Look at the Crusades - a very negative event that still affects our world centuries later. People do not sit down and say, "I'm going to invent something because of religion"; however, their environment always affects them, and religion is part of their environment. You cannot separate one part of someone's existence and still arrive at the sum of their life.
Likewise, the denial of a specific existence has a similar affect, not to leave that out either.

In specific answer to your exact questions:
Believing or not believeing could affect your decisions, either negatively or positively, but either is likely to have some variation of impact on you, in varying amounts. You might do something great, or something terrible (or something not so much either way).
Without religion, we might still have cars from Japan, but the conditions that they produce them could be drastically different in regards to work practices.

David88vert
05-25-2012, 10:48 AM
People who aren't religious don't walk around telling people that what they believe is not right. Not sure what publix you go to, but I've had multiple people come up to me with flyers and papers speaking about their church or their beliefs. And I'm not talking about any holidays, strictly about the people who make it a point to make sure you believe what they do.

Are you kidding me? American Atheists (http://www.atheists.org/) specifically targets religious communities:
http://www.freewilliamsburg.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/cityroom-billboard2-blog480.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/02/american-atheists-billboard-brooklyn-paterson-jewish-muslim_n_1316294.html

David88vert
05-25-2012, 10:54 AM
You do know Japan is one of the most non religious countries in the WORLD right?

You do know that they follow a lot of religious customs for a country that is less religious than many others, right? And, currently, 46% of them still believe in "God/gods". If they are so affected by the tradition of following relgious customs (84%-96%), just think how traditional Islamic countries are integrated into their religion.

You cannot eliminate religion and expect the world to progress the same way, with as many customs and traditions being based upon religion.

.blank cd
05-25-2012, 10:56 AM
^ Are you sure you wanna go the billboard route? Lol. I can show you 100x as many billboards that are WORSE from the other side.

.blank cd
05-25-2012, 11:12 AM
You do know that they follow a lot of religious customs for a country that is less religious than many others, right? And, currently, 46% of them still believe in "God/gods". If they are so affected by the tradition of following relgious customs (84%-96%), just think how traditional Islamic countries are integrated into their religion.

You cannot eliminate religion and expect the world to progress the same way, with as many customs and traditions being based upon religion.

I think you're confusing religion with culture. Two different things.

You can not eliminate religion. You can grow out of it or you can become more tolerant.

ISAtlanta300
05-25-2012, 12:31 PM
Yes. Obviously I dont know 2 billion people. But you as a christian sure are using some foul language, as the majority of christians do. Just saying.....

And you automatically assume that I'm a Christian.... see what I mean? I rest my case.

Jdm94Coupe
05-25-2012, 02:32 PM
And you automatically assume that I'm a Christian.... see what I mean? I rest my case.

Great point. Well spoken.

David88vert
05-25-2012, 02:45 PM
^ Are you sure you wanna go the billboard route? Lol. I can show you 100x as many billboards that are WORSE from the other side.

Show me a billboard that a church has put in an atheist community that is specifically calling atheists beliefs a myth.

David88vert
05-25-2012, 02:52 PM
I think you're confusing religion with culture. Two different things.

You can not eliminate religion. You can grow out of it or you can become more tolerant.

No I am not confusing them, in most of the world, they are intertwined in many aspects. Having been to Asia, I have had the opportunity to experience it firsthand.

We agree on the inability to eliminate religion. You have many options though. You can choose to believe or not believe in one or multiple religions without it affecting your belief in a deity/deities/no diety. You can choose to follow traditions of one or multiple religions, or none at all. You can choose to share your testimony of your personal beliefs, or not.
The issue is that too many people attempt to push their own beliefs and agendas on others, whether they be believers or non-believers (any religion, or lack there of). Because people are people though, you will never see this change - which brings in your comment of tolerance, which is the smartest answer.

.blank cd
05-25-2012, 04:03 PM
Show me a billboard that a church has put in an atheist community that is specifically calling atheists beliefs a myth.

I can dance all day....just a few messages of hate, ignorance and intolerance...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_DZH2cmCoois/R7CyK4UMhNI/AAAAAAAAEkc/lrF1UhLbTwQ/s400/tmp.jpg

http://wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/blogs/unreasonablefaith/files/2011/12/10-boy-with-gun.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_j9oDqG2zBGE/SSBmDUWcsEI/AAAAAAAACYA/RGi2-q0RZRo/s1600/christian%2Bbillboard%2Bone.jpg

David88vert
05-25-2012, 04:14 PM
I can dance all day....just a few messages of hate, ignorance and intolerance...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_DZH2cmCoois/R7CyK4UMhNI/AAAAAAAAEkc/lrF1UhLbTwQ/s400/tmp.jpg

http://wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/blogs/unreasonablefaith/files/2011/12/10-boy-with-gun.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_j9oDqG2zBGE/SSBmDUWcsEI/AAAAAAAACYA/RGi2-q0RZRo/s1600/christian%2Bbillboard%2Bone.jpg

Locations? Specifically in "atheist communities" - you know, just like American Atheists did with the Jewish and Muslim communities in the news.

Now personally, while I support free speech, there is a thing called common decency that all of the people that payed to put up those billboards spouting hate should learn.
Not believing in God is not anti-American, nor do I believe that being an atheist means that you hate your country. Messages like that are just as stupid as the ones that American Atheists payed for, no matter where they are.

Echonova
05-25-2012, 04:48 PM
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p392/8WingedAngel/ThanksJesusforthefood.jpg

Echonova
05-25-2012, 04:48 PM
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p392/8WingedAngel/April%2027th%202012%20and%20on/resurrect-beats.jpg

Echonova
05-25-2012, 04:51 PM
http://i653.photobucket.com/albums/uu256/pabloskiff/jesus.jpg

.blank cd
05-25-2012, 04:59 PM
Messages like that are just as stupid as the ones that American Atheists payed for, no matter where they are.

Yes because "You have a choice" is a horrible, stupid message. We wouldn't want people knowing it's ok to think for themselves now, do we? Lol.

Echonova
05-25-2012, 05:26 PM
What we all need is Christian Atheism and we could use the Quran to support our view.http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f218/jdwismer922/atheism/christian_atheism.jpg

David88vert
05-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Yes because "You have a choice" is a horrible, stupid message. We wouldn't want people knowing it's ok to think for themselves now, do we? Lol.

You don't think that churches should push their agenda publically, but that groups like American Atheists should post billboards like this in a highly religious area? Highly hypocritical if you think that.

Browning151
05-25-2012, 07:36 PM
You don't think that churches should push their agenda publically, but that groups like American Atheists should post billboards like this in a highly religious area? Highly hypocritical if you think that.

There's a difference in atheism and antitheism. I believe some here belong to the latter.

.blank cd
05-25-2012, 08:17 PM
You don't think that churches should push their agenda publically, but that groups like American Atheists should post billboards like this in a highly religious area? Highly hypocritical if you think that.Theres a difference between posting your message and spreading a hateful agenda. If by "agenda" you mean hate, bigotry, and ignorance, then yes, it shouldn't be public at all. "Anti-God=Terrorism" is ignorance and hate. Plain and simple. If that sounds like a Christian message to you, you might wanna re-evaluate your beliefs. Lol

.blank cd
05-25-2012, 08:18 PM
There's a difference in atheism and antitheism. I believe some here belong to the latter.

Sounds like you don't know what either of them actually mean. Lol

Browning151
05-25-2012, 08:23 PM
Sounds like you don't know what either of them actually mean. Lol

I know what they mean.

Sinfix_15
05-25-2012, 08:27 PM

EVERY place, EVERY city, EVERY community is a christian community...... so where do us atheists go???

Sinfix_15
05-25-2012, 08:28 PM
Love the moderator thread editing by the way.

The future would be a lot brighter if we stopped living "under god"

Elbow
05-25-2012, 08:47 PM
EVERY place, EVERY city, EVERY community is a christian community...... so where do us atheists go???

To hell.

Shit I'm going to jail now.

Sinfix_15
05-25-2012, 09:05 PM
To hell.

I have my reservations, wish the devil would return my calls so we could finalize the deal on my soul.

.blank cd
05-25-2012, 09:09 PM
I don't wanna go to hell cause all the Christians who condemned me to hell will be there. Lol

David88vert
05-25-2012, 10:23 PM
Theres a difference between posting your message and spreading a hateful agenda. If by "agenda" you mean hate, bigotry, and ignorance, then yes, it shouldn't be public at all. "Anti-God=Terrorism" is ignorance and hate. Plain and simple. If that sounds like a Christian message to you, you might wanna re-evaluate your beliefs. Lol

Both groups are posting poor messages in these examples - the difference is that one was targetting specific neighborhoods - but both are full of hate, bigotry, ignorance, and intolerance. Neither should be public.
Yes, I agreed that "Anti-God=Terrorism" is ignorance and hate, as well as the billboards from American Atheists. If the billboard from American Atheists is an acceptable message to you, then you might want to re-evaluate your ability to logically think.

Jdm94Coupe
05-25-2012, 10:25 PM
To hell.

Nope, just back to church this sunday.

I don't wanna go to hell cause all the Christians who condemned me to hell will be there. Lol

Best quote i've saw in a while.

Jdm94Coupe
05-25-2012, 10:27 PM
Both groups are posting poor messages in these examples - the difference is that one was targetting specific neighborhoods - but both are full of hate, bigotry, ignorance, and intolerance. Neither should be public.
Yes, I agreed that "Anti-God=Terrorism" is ignorance and hate, as well as the billboards from American Atheists. If the billboard from American Atheists is an acceptable message to you, then you might want to re-evaluate your ability to logically think.

Why not just look away. It's not like somebody is knocking at your door at 10 a.m..... wonder who it is?

David88vert
05-25-2012, 10:30 PM

Austin, TX

Or you could choose to move to Sweden, Vietnam, Denmark, or Norway.

David88vert
05-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Why not just look away. It's not like somebody is knocking at your door at 10 a.m..... wonder who it is?

I am not a fan of solicitations - including those by religious groups. If you want to get them to stop, next time, tell them that you worship the devil.

Jdm94Coupe
05-25-2012, 11:52 PM
I am not a fan of solicitations - including those by religious groups. If you want to get them to stop, next time, tell them that you worship the devil.

tried that, they followed me and my daughter to my car in the parking lot at wal-mart.

Elbow
05-26-2012, 06:43 AM
Nope, just back to church this sunday.

Oh so you think I'm some die hard Christian?

Elbow
05-26-2012, 06:46 AM
tried that, they followed me and my daughter to my car in the parking lot at wal-mart.

Why have I never had these crazy people follow or try to get me? I've had only a few people knock on my door, ever. None were Christians, usually Jehovah Witness or Mormons.

You all complain too much, if they knock, say you're not interested but thank you. Simple as that. Or just don't even go to the door. I've NEVER seen anyone doing anything related to religion at any store, parking lot, etc. I've seen people preach things in say downtown Athens, but not trying to get you to join a church, typically some extremist saying everyone downtown is going to hell for some reason and Jesus is coming back tomorrow. lol

David88vert
05-26-2012, 06:54 AM

If they start following you, call security or the police.
The only people that should be at Wal-mart for solicitations is the Salvation Army - and they are not going to leave a pot with money in it to follow you into the parking lot.
Since Walmart first came to GA, I have never seen a religious group standing around in front of it as Walmart policy does not allow that on their property.

.blank cd
05-26-2012, 08:47 AM

Wow. You really DON'T get it. You had me goin for a minute.

And don't worry about my ability to logically think; Im an atheist, so I've pretty much got that down-packed.

People all over the world are burdened by religion. They believe not because they want to believe, but because they are forced to believe, be it by their government, their family, or societal pressure. Those are the people that have stopped to question their religion and their belief system, but because of their environment, they can't tell anyone. It happens in America. The message is simple: "You don't have to believe, it's ok not to believe, there are many others that don't, and you have a choice". The message isn't "repent, you're a shitty human being, you're a terrorist if you don't believe, if your kids don't believe in god, they'll shoot you in the face with your own revolver". So no, the atheist message is not the poor example between the two.

.blank cd
05-26-2012, 08:50 AM
I have my reservations, wish the devil would return my calls so we could finalize the deal on my soul.

I wish I knew how to trade my soul for the ability to play musical instruments prolifically

David88vert
05-26-2012, 12:12 PM
Wow. You really DON'T get it. You had me goin for a minute.

And don't worry about my ability to logically think; Im an atheist, so I've pretty much got that down-packed.

People all over the world are burdened by religion. They believe not because they want to believe, but because they are forced to believe, be it by their government, their family, or societal pressure. Those are the people that have stopped to question their religion and their belief system, but because of their environment, they can't tell anyone. It happens in America. The message is simple: "You don't have to believe, it's ok not to believe, there are many others that don't, and you have a choice". The message isn't "repent, you're a shitty human being, you're a terrorist if you don't believe, if your kids don't believe in god, they'll shoot you in the face with your own revolver". So no, the atheist message is not the poor example between the two.

Actually, you don't get it. This is a car forum, and you don't see the "majority" starting threads bashing your lack of belief. You don't see threads started every month saying that you must repent or burn in hell. We see the same "minority" starting threads bashing religion on a daily/weekly basis on a car forum.
We see this being mirrored outside of this forum as well. The majority of Americans do have faith in a religion, so you would expect there to be more people that promote their beliefs, than those with a lack of beliefs; however, we see more atheist based events attacking religion in the news. We see those groups like American Atheists specifically targeting religious neighborhoods.

If you think that being an atheist makes you logical, then you cannot even fathom the concept of logic. Faith or lack thereof, is not the determination of logic or reason. That is a falacy that groups like American Atheist promote. You seem to have been taken in by their hatred and vitriolic message as well.

David88vert
05-26-2012, 12:13 PM
I wish I knew how to trade my soul for the ability to play musical instruments prolifically

It does not require trading of your soul. It requires determination, dedication, and practice.

Echonova
05-26-2012, 06:18 PM
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/sorathekey/funny%20shit/lovehate.jpg