PDA

View Full Version : just bought my 98 bmw 318ti and found this in the back floor wtf is it???

frostbyte
05-17-2012, 10:49 PM
Ok so bought a very clean (minus the dang carpet which i will clean tomorrow) 1998 BMW 318ti. And this is laying in the back floor it looks right there lol but its not installed which is ok cause i hate cheap fake carbon fiber wrapped anything... But if the part is useable for the good and will help in the way my car handles ill remove the sticker crap clean and paint it.... But wtf is it??? No clue where to even look for instructions on install not knowing anything about it... Any help is appreciated thanks in advance...

eurotrashe36
05-17-2012, 11:13 PM
it looks like a brace. I've never owned a ti, but I did have a few bmws and if i'm not mistaken it should bolt in right where it is probably to the little rails that your seat belt attaches to.

PS. there's a site called bimmerforums.com that's really helpful and actually frequented by alot of bmw owners that are local.

frostbyte
05-17-2012, 11:17 PM
Yeah i jist registered there and was told cant post pics til ive made more posts or some crap lol and yeah it looks to be in tue right place i guess just aint investigsted it much yet... Of i knew what exatctluly its called it would help on my google and forum search ya know...thanks forbthe imput

eurotrashe36
05-20-2012, 07:56 PM
they're floor stress bars (simple right? lol) if i'm not mistaken. There's a different one called a cross brace (standard on the e36 verts i believe) that bolts on under the chassis. its a simple bolt in and does alot better, but they cost more. Check out strictly german in braselton to get one cheaper than ordering from somewhere like bavarian autosport. e36 models were my thing for several years and i actually have a Reiger front lip for non-M models lying around somewhere if you might be interested.

frostbyte
05-20-2012, 08:06 PM
Yes sir im interested im bout to pm you... And yeah im new to the e36 game and this was just in the floor and dude said it was there when he bought it lol its not installed nor do i even know where to begin to intall the dang thing lol but ima pm bout the lip now...

Elbow
05-22-2012, 06:38 AM
Yeah it's a floor brace thing, junk, don't use it, Civic kids love them though.

frostbyte
05-22-2012, 07:13 AM
Lol thanks