PDA

View Full Version : Rsxappeal-Bad experience

AZN_Pride
05-16-2012, 06:49 PM
About a week ago my distributor's TDC sensor went bad and I needed a new one. After searching IA, I ran across one for sale by Rsxappeal. I asked him if he would ship and he told me he would for a little extra. No big deal. After asking him about the distributor, he ensured me that it worked on a friend's car with no issues. He said it was a Honda part. I then sent him the money plus a little extra to help with the PayPal fees. He then shipped it out and I got it fairly quick. When I got the distributor in the part was made in Taiwan and not made by Honda. I didn't care as long as it worked. It didn't concern me at the time.

This is now where the problem lies.
http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af274/Sagara09/e28545c8.jpg

I installed the distributor a few days after receiving it due to the intake manifold being uninstalled. After everything was back on the car and the ECU reset, the car still threw Code 8 for a bad TDC sensor. I reset the ECU and checked the wires to make sure it wasn't a fluke. The car still threw the code after three tries.
I then informed him via his thread and he then texted me. I told him I will send him the part back and I would like my money back like he had stated. Right now he said that he would "try" to send my money back.

His reasoning for not wanting to is because it is a used part.
My reason for wanting my money back is because he said he would refund my money if the part did not work. In which it does not work.

Here is part of the conversation:

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af274/Sagara09/b9b0d225.jpg
http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af274/Sagara09/11223368.jpg
http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af274/Sagara09/8c54b185.jpg

jadakid88
05-16-2012, 11:14 PM
wow

-EnVus-
05-17-2012, 01:37 AM
Yeah in any other situation concerning an Electrical component id say if its used thats just the chance you take "AS IS".... In this case the person did offer a refund like a dummy and didn't think what it something happen or what if it was installed wrong and fried. Hope the person stands by their word and does get you the money back and learn from this experience.

AZN_Pride
05-17-2012, 02:22 AM
Yeah in any other situation concerning an Electrical component id say if its used thats just the chance you take "AS IS".... In this case the person did offer a refund like a dummy and didn't think what it something happen or what if it was installed wrong and fried. Hope the person stands by their word and does get you the money back and learn from this experience.
Luckily the harness can only be installed one way. The distributors made in Taiwan are known not to last long. I wouldn't mind so much, if he didn't promise my money back if it didn't work. To me, that was the selling point.

civicturbo10
05-19-2012, 10:52 AM
Yeah electrical stuff is real tricky. Can't really offer a warranty on that stuff and just have to try / see it work before you sell it. The craigslist motor i bought, the alternator went bad after a few months driving on it. I know OEM can last so the previous owner must have done something to it to make it not last. Reason i know is i have a OEM B18c alternator with about 300k on it. It still works and i am the second owner of that particular engine. It's really strange how the craigslist alternator crapped out on me, and it looked to be a OEM based on the markings. Either way i got a brand new Denso and the 300k one sits on a stand. OEM is good stuff.

Black4DrEK
07-06-2012, 10:24 AM
Did he ever refund your cash?

Vteckidd
07-06-2012, 10:36 AM
First, the TDC sensor isnt necessarily a "bad distributor". It could be from your timing being off, it can be at least 10 different things i can think of.

Secondly, IIRC almost all the honda dizzys are made in Taiwan. The beck arnely and they richporter dizzys are made in Taiwan. Im ALMOST positive the OEM HOnda Dizzy is taiwan too....

Anyone confirm this? I know ive had several that were stamped Taiwan.

Basically what im saying is its totally possible he didnt send you a bad distributor. What you need to do is find someone with a working car like yours (I assume you ahve an integra or something) and swap dizzys. If your car still throws the code you know its not related to the distributor.