PDA

View Full Version : KYB GR2

Julio
04-04-2005, 05:58 PM
Are these Any good?

TheeYo
04-04-2005, 06:10 PM
I just bought some for my 01 civic, I've yet to install them though...I guess i'll find out this weekend

green91
04-04-2005, 08:32 PM
they are better than stock, but id go ahead and get AGX and have some adjustability.. not a big price diff.

flysi00
04-04-2005, 08:34 PM
yeah i got the KYB adj and they are good so far i have had them for about a year and they have been throw all the drifting and racing i have done

uncle_el
04-04-2005, 09:45 PM
what springs will you be pairing them with?

i had them paired with neuspeed sports for 2 years, and they were fine. i have koni yellows now, and they are far superior to the kyb gr2's.

CMO
04-05-2005, 10:40 AM
Depends on what your gonna do with them. If your not a track person or you don't hit the mnts very much I don't think you need adj struts. I have full coilovers on my s14 but I'm gonna run springs on my s13. And I've been thinking about going with the GR2's myself. It's gonna be the daily driving ride with a few performance parts thrown it. I know a few other 240 guys that are running them and the love them. Although the KYB adj are nicer if your not gonna use them why buy them? I didn't that on my 2001 civic bought Koni yellow's for it when they first came out. I think I turned them 1 click just to make the ride a lil firmer. I could have save that money for something else.

Julio
04-05-2005, 08:04 PM
what springs will you be pairing them with?

i had them paired with neuspeed sports for 2 years, and they were fine. i have koni yellows now, and they are far superior to the kyb gr2's.

Im thinking skunk 2's

Julio
04-05-2005, 08:04 PM
they are better than stock, but id go ahead and get AGX and have some adjustability.. not a big price diff.

Ive been looking at those too.

The Yousef
04-06-2005, 12:40 AM
i was looking at the kybs myself...but i went with the Tokico HP series (nice and stiff but not to harsh)...i heard the gr2s are just a fractionally stiffer then stock (i may be wrong...it's heresay)...

uncle_el
04-06-2005, 09:03 AM
Im thinking skunk 2's

if memory serves me right, skunk 2's drop 2 inches or lower. please correct me if i'm wrong.

most consider kyb gr2's to be oem replacements. they'll "work" with the skunk 2's, but you'd likely have a better ride quality and handling with another shock/strut.

Julio
04-06-2005, 03:34 PM
I did some more research on them , They can be used on Lowered cars also.

But they don't seem to be what Im looking for . I'm also looking at the AGX.

I have tokiko Blues on the Civic now, Want to try something diffrent.

SwiftGTiRacer
04-06-2005, 03:48 PM
I have the KYB GR-2's on my Swift. I love them.

Swifty

CMO
04-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Go with the agx's you'll love them and for what I read the other day your gonna be putting these on the eg right? Well I think your gonna do alot more with it than you did the ek so get the agx's then if you don't adj them you just don't. But I think you'll play with them for a lil while just to see the difference the settings make. Plus I haven't heard anything bad about the agx's except they weren't stiff enough. But this came from people that ran track days all the time.

uncle_el
04-06-2005, 05:01 PM
I did some more research on them , They can be used on Lowered cars also.

But they don't seem to be what Im looking for . I'm also looking at the AGX.

I have tokiko Blues on the Civic now, Want to try something diffrent.

right, as i said before, i had them on my car, which is lowered.

they'll be a downgrade from your tokico's.

i'd suggest the koni yellow over any other adjustable height strut... but of course they cost a bit more than the kyb agx's.

The Yousef
04-06-2005, 08:47 PM
right, as i said before, i had them on my car, which is lowered.

they'll be a downgrade from your tokico's.

i'd suggest the koni yellow over any other adjustable height strut... but of course they cost a bit more than the kyb agx's.

a lot prelude peeps run the koni yellows...the seem to love them...i didn't go with them cause i have no $ :(

CMO
04-06-2005, 09:39 PM
I ran the Koni Yellows on my 2001 civic and I loved them. If you wanna spend the dough go ahead a get the Koni Yellows. Julio, what are you gonna do with the car? Decide that, then decide on what struts to get.