PDA

View Full Version : NOPI NATIONALS is returning Atlanta! --- Need your input!

RandomGuy
05-11-2012, 10:44 PM
What's up all,

So the guys at Nopi Nationals wanted to come onto the boards and promote Nopi. A few people are still bitter about stuff back then, but everyone I know had a blast when we went. I told them about some of the issues people complained about such as the old class system and racing heirarchy and they are very responsive to recommendations.

They are willing to take IA's input into consideration on the event itself. Back in the day, everyone used to look forward to these all year. Many of us were youngsters then, but it was so insanely fun to go to and the vibe from having all of the different random groups of people unified was just sick. The rivalry/prizes/drama was also pretty epic.

We aren't going to have events like this by complaining and beating dead horses. What should Nopi do differently as I am talking to them directly to help set something up fun. Of course we're giving out a bunch of tickets, but we'll set that up later.

If you have a good idea that they use, you get tickets. Up for discussion/input are many aspects of the meet including the racing structure/classes/prizes, please post any ideas that you come up with and we can try to make it a reality from IA.

You want to scene back? Stop complaining and do something. Let's not go into the politics and drama, instead lets stay ON-TOPIC and be constructive so we can have more awesome meets again.

One thing that I noticed is the racing system can be tweaked. Also they are considering running a Quick 32, but I want to ask, What do YOU want to run?

They will be in this thread as much as possible and will chime in when needed.

What did you like about the previous Nopi events and what do you think should be changed for the next one in September?

Echonova
05-12-2012, 07:35 AM
I haven't been to a Nopi show since... 2004 maybe? So take this for what it's worth.

I'm not sure how you keep down the number of asshats that show up to any event... They seem to be multiplying at an alarming rate. Or maybe I'm just getting old... But whatever, simplify the "classes" for awards to a few categories. No "Best Honda on 16" wheels and 5lbs of Fiberglass" awards.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/aaronsif/NOPI/NOPI021.jpg

Best Import, Best Domestic, Best Lowrider blah blah blah, kids need to start learning that not everyone is special and not everyone gets a prize just because they participated.

In other words, this...
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l109/scsundevil/Nopi%20Nationals/2006NopiTrophies.jpg

No.

I would prefer a bracket class that way just because you have the most HP means you win... But I also understand that that is harder to do and manage. So "Quick 32" or whatever is easiest is fine.

Me personally, I never cared for the burnout competition. Watching the hoppers was always more fun.

Ditch having a concert in the middle of a show. I don't care if 'Ludacris or DJ Scratch n' Sniff performs or not. I'm going to a car show to see cars.

You want to scene back? Stop complaining and do something. Let's not go into the politics and drama, instead lets stay ON-TOPIC and be constructive so we can have more awesome meets again.

I wouldn't have anything to do with NOPI anymore just my opionionNice.

B18c1Turboed
05-12-2012, 07:55 AM
They are having the car show/ race at Atlanta dragway in commerce. The dates have already been set.if they going to have a race tell them they need to use Import face off classes and rules and they will get alot more people. And stop being assholes and think their shot don't stink, the need us we don't need them.

carbon_crash
05-12-2012, 08:11 AM
^^well said sir

David88vert
05-12-2012, 08:36 AM
For the car show, have less classes, and less winners. Lower the price to attract more people.

For spectators, keep the cost low, so that you will attract more people.

No more concerts, but keep the bikini contest. No foam pit, etc. Keep to basics, and keep the cost down.

Cynical 1
05-12-2012, 10:40 AM
don't charge $50+ admission like the original ad said.

want to show your car - $25 for the whole carload

admission for everyone else - $10 each person, or even FREE

want to drag race - then you can do $50 or something, but give them some runs before elimination, not 1 and done, to make it worthwhile

only have a few classes for the car show. do a bracket type elimination for the drags - yes, takes some work but that is why the promoters are getting paid.

B18c1Turboed
05-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Yup they need to keep cost low. Maybe back in day they could charge 50 or 60 dollars a person not anymore. Don't try to get rich your first couple of events. Because you need to apologize to a whole industry that you screwed. And I'm talking about companies that support this sport.

quickdodgeฎ
05-12-2012, 11:49 AM
The reason why the costs are so high is because of the unnecessary additives such as bikini contests and concerts and races during the show. Need to lose the bikini contest. Need to lose the concerts. Need to separate the car show from the races. Those things will drop the prices considerably. Not a lot of people are interested in the racing aspect of tuning just as a lot of people are not interested in the show car aspect.

This is why I love smaller local (town square) type shows. Just your basic car show with a couple of venders (homemade treats).

Everyone that knows the real history of NOPI shows knows the best shows were pre-2000. These are my opinions on what should be done and I guess it doesn't really matter because I'm pretty sure I'll not go to another one. Later, QD.

David88vert
05-12-2012, 05:08 PM
The best ones were at Lakewood. That was much smaller, but so much fun. It was great walking through the buildings, and then roaming outside, and finding still more really well done show cars there. Everywhere you looked, quality was there, and it wasn't 2 miles across like AMS.

quickdodgeฎ
05-12-2012, 05:11 PM
Everyone that knows the real history of NOPI shows knows the best shows were pre-2000.

The best ones were at Lakewood. That was much smaller, but so much fun. It was great walking through the buildings, and then roaming outside, and finding still more really well done show cars there. Everywhere you looked, quality was there, and it wasn't 2 miles across like AMS.

See? Lowriders and VWs were plentiful at those shows. Loved it. Later, QD.

David88vert
05-12-2012, 05:24 PM
I say it now. If they will hold it again at Lakewood, I'll rebuild my '64 from the ground up and bring it back there.

1civic
05-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Nothing changed, and the promoters don't listen... Who cares about burn-outs, rather see drifting.. And A neon contest, really dude??

I seen nothing about racing, WHY NOT? IFO rules, Show Down rules, Import vs Dom?

Make is for all, not just an event for a bondo bucket with Hid's and neons!!

Geeezz...

1) bikini, wet t shirt contest is fine

2) Car show needs restrictions, limited classes, and fewer awards

3) Racing with restrictions, safety rules, etc

4) No open racing, TnT is fine, but add a time limit

5) Focus on the people, meaning ask the people for feed back (hint hint)

6) Give back to the people, which means share the wealth (prize money)

7) It's for the people so base the event/events on what people enjoy

AND

8) Leave out the B/S

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt292/RUHOLY/NOPI-NATS-2012-01-300.jpg

draggbody
05-12-2012, 07:34 PM
i think a true street tire class, no drag radials or slicks, would give "regular folks" a place to race where they may not feel intimidated, alot of people wont race because they think they have a traction disadvantage... big v8 with regular street tires blows the tires off everytime, the same with most turbo cars, but an all motor fwd car is going to get out off the line faster because they can put there traction to the groung... it levels the playing field... you could lump alot of people in this class who would otherwise not pay to race... paying makes money, money makes the promoters happy, people can go race that wouldn't race otherwise... everybody wins...

1civic
05-12-2012, 09:21 PM
says open racing on web site, but that is gay.. I'd rather see classes formed with rules, pay-outs, etc..

Not fun racing a bunch of 14-15sec cars, and no one enjoys watching that ether! LOL

B18c1Turboed
05-12-2012, 09:28 PM
I think by having actual race classes will bring more cars\ People to attened. Look at Import showdown is huge and its only racing.

quickdodgeฎ
05-12-2012, 10:43 PM
I think by having actual race classes will bring more cars\ People to attened. Look at Import showdown is huge and its only racing.

I don't mean to just stop doing the racing series. Just separate it from the show. Like it used to be. Have a NOPI Nationals Super Show as just a car show, leaving out the bikini contests and concerts and retaining just what is needed. The show. Then they can have their racing series which is just that. Racing.

And I agree with several folks. Downsize the classes. Later, QD.

Elbow
05-13-2012, 09:36 AM
The only Nopi Nationals I'd go to is if it were like it was in the late 90s.

Hydraulic contests, burnouts, insane show cars, etc.

No fitment/stance cars, no drifting, none of that BS.

B18c1Turboed
05-13-2012, 10:26 AM
The only Nopi Nationals I'd go to is if it were like it was in the late 90s.

Hydraulic contests, burnouts, insane show cars, etc.

No fitment/stance cars, no drifting, none of that BS. good luck with that. It will be like import alliance just maybe bigger. Times have changed.

Elbow
05-13-2012, 11:39 AM
good luck with that. It will be like import alliance just maybe bigger. Times have changed.

Well then screw Nopi! lol

CHADbee
05-13-2012, 12:16 PM
Besides what has already been said, they need to offer vendors free booths. I miss the days of NOPI where there was rows and rows of vendors with some of the baddest cars in the southeast.

Bacon
05-13-2012, 12:27 PM
I'd rather see Hot Import Nights come back to the GICC again.

Julio
05-13-2012, 08:29 PM
Keep it simple..Atlanta Dragway is not expensive, however not cheap either. If they manage to get one big sponsor that can pay for the track, this will help with the cost at the door. Entrance fee is to expensive for a struggling market.

You will need some sort of entertainment to keep people glued in.. Events this long get boring quick.

Again, as a former promoter for TFS, key here is to keep entrance as cheap as possible.. 2 things i get out of the price so high.. Not enough sponsors or trying to get rich at the door... Or cut back prize giveaways.. Tough compromise.

1 or 2 big sponsors + Smaller vendors paying a small fee for space..

Now, i can only imagine how tough this can be for NOPI.. As im sure they do not want to lose money on this venture.. But they have to compromise somewhere.. Vendors, enthusiast, spectators are not happy with what happened in the past.. This will be a tough and a Gamble...

Wish them luck.

Julio
05-13-2012, 08:32 PM
Btw- Nopi Shows back in the day.. 1 at lakewood and 98/99/2000/01.. Man, I had so much fun..epic moments in my young adult life..

jtdb8
05-13-2012, 09:21 PM
i have never been to a nopi event but, i have been to car shows an they make a killing, one because they dont try to rob all your money just to get in and two they are respectable enough to have vendors to pay a small fee to set up booths with food, drinks, free giveaways and ect........ i agree with the ones on the concert. if i want to see one i will pay and go see one, but i want to see cars...... nice cars.... no fiberglass, kited up neon! a cobalt with lambo doors!!! i know there is alot of average joes like me that dont have the means to sink alot of money in there cars but can tastefully mod their car like myself. so i would recommend one or two clases for the average joe.

example... lol
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w26/jtunderground211/2012-04-06_19-51-21_670.jpg

CHADbee
05-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Mark @ NOPI called me today to discuss our options on having a vendor booth at this event. Judging by what I saw at NOPI/HIN at AMS a couple years ago I thought the prices for vendor space were pretty high, attendance at that event was pretty weak. Then again, he also said that he really wanted vendors there and would do his best to work with us. I guess we will see what happens.

Austin?
05-14-2012, 05:30 PM
i have never been to a nopi event but, i have been to car shows an they make a killing, one because they dont try to rob all your money just to get in and two they are respectable enough to have vendors to pay a small fee to set up booths with food, drinks, free giveaways and ect........ i agree with the ones on the concert. if i want to see one i will pay and go see one, but i want to see cars...... nice cars.... no fiberglass, kited up neon! a cobalt with lambo doors!!! i know there is alot of average joes like me that dont have the means to sink alot of money in there cars but can tastefully mod their car like myself. so i would recommend one or two clases for the average joe.

example... lol
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w26/jtunderground211/2012-04-06_19-51-21_670.jpg

So what you really saying is that you don't want to see car with Lamborghini doors and bondo neon?
And that you want to see every car the the car show to look like your? If I want to see "clean" car with no "different" mod I would walk into the car dealer.

SPOOLIN
05-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Yup they need to keep cost low. Maybe back in day they could charge 50 or 60 dollars a person not anymore. Don't try to get rich your first couple of events. Because you need to apologize to a whole industry that you screwed. And I'm talking about companies that support this sport.

thats the problem. they pm'd me after i was bitching about how they screwed people and companies asking why i was bad mouthing. they don't think they did anything wrong, just a bad economy. ..... .. ......... ..

B18c1Turboed
05-14-2012, 07:17 PM
Honestly it would be dumb for them to have a event at commerce and have no racing involved.

YoItsCarlie
05-15-2012, 08:20 AM
Nopi was about customization. they kicked out more altezzas, euros, fiberglass, and chrome than anything. Nopi was home grown. NOW Evberyone else went back to the basics, why shouldnt they. we still have a nopi shop in forst park, what about getting the support of the local clubs and shops.

As far as comparison, every major show has a khumo tent, skunk2 makes some rare appearences out here, but there are plenty of supporters for the brand if they just sold better stuff.

market this thing. there are still paint shops, there are still performance shops, there are people willing to pay for what they want, just dont bring cheap bullshit to the table.

mcwheels
05-15-2012, 09:38 AM
Nopi was about customization. they kicked out more altezzas, euros, fiberglass, and chrome than anything. Nopi was home grown. NOW Evberyone else went back to the basics, why shouldnt they. we still have a nopi shop in forst park, what about getting the support of the local clubs and shops.

I'm sure ya know that the local shops are always welcome to have booth space at these events, right? Nopi is a parts distributor, so these local shops are their customers, and Nopi wants them promoted as much as we do.

As far as comparison, every major show has a khumo tent, skunk2 makes some rare appearences out here, but there are plenty of supporters for the brand if they just sold better stuff.
This I don't understand, how do you mean that statement? is it a statement about Nopi, or local shops, or the scene in general?

market this thing. there are still paint shops, there are still performance shops, there are people willing to pay for what they want, just dont bring cheap bullshit to the table.

I agree with this statement completely. I'm sure alot of shops would love to do some promoting, especially if they have vested interest, like a discount coupon for tickets bought through them. Nopi/HIN had a similar progam (Mark, when you read this you'll remember) and I'm sure Nopi will roll out a program that will help individual promoters as well as possible vendors. As time draws closer more details will come out.

mcwheels
05-15-2012, 09:40 AM
Then again, he also said that he really wanted vendors there and would do his best to work with us.

I'm sure Mark told you about current vendor prices, but from my experience if you want a booth at one of their events, they're generally willing to make any deal.

CHADbee
05-15-2012, 09:51 AM
I'm sure Mark told you about current vendor prices, but from my experience if you want a booth at one of their events, they're generally willing to make any deal.

He did....and he said he would work with us, we had the only Lexus LFA in Georgia out with us at Import Alliance and he seamed to really want that caliber of cars there. He was very nice and said he would work with us.

mcwheels
05-15-2012, 10:00 AM
that's good to hear. Everyone has their opinions about what should happen, and the important thing in my opinion is to be able to work out differences like gentlemen.

Vteckidd
05-15-2012, 10:55 AM
Nopi just needs to look at IA model. $10 per car, and i bet those guys are making $10-20k per event easy. Strip it down. This isnt 99-2001.

Smaller classes, smaller prizes, people just want an excuse to hang out and see something different. They arent trying to win car shows and crap like 10 years ago. Racers want structured competitive classes. The race cars will benefit from the payouts and that will draw them in way more than the "car show" people. The car show people will show up if you provide them a place to park for them and their friends.

Vendor booths, my advice is due the BARE MINIMUM to cover expenses. Unlike NOPI Nationals, you are not going to get money for the vendor booths. Companies have downsized, gone under, etc. You want to advertise that "FORGED PERFORMANCE IS bRINGING AN LFA" and hope that draws in 10000 people rather than try to make money off Forged. the "DOOR" is where you make your money.

Since no one really trusts or cares about Nopi anymore, your goal should be to throw a cheap show that gets everyone to show up and yearn for the next one, then you can think about charging vendors more, etc.

My advice is pack as many vendors in as possible, that will attract people to pay your cheap DOOR price, break even, make a small profit, throw a great show, then gradually increase the vendor prices next show when you have something to show them and you have proved yourself.

Right now, the old NOPI name, means more negative than anything

CHADbee
05-15-2012, 11:06 AM
you are not going to get money for the vendor booths.

We knew Import Alliance was going to draw 4,000+ people and we still weren't willing to pay for a booth there. Caffeine and Octane is more our targeted audience than NOPI and they offer vender space for CHEAP....and we still don't do that. We can barely keep up with the business we have, the only reason we go out to events is because we honestly enjoy it and just for the coverage/marketing aspect of it.

Honestly to us it really doesn't matter if we have booth space or not, if we do then cool....if not then I can always apply for a media pass since I am a photographer, bring out a sick car and park it with promotional cards stuck under the windshield wipers.

Sammich
05-15-2012, 11:07 AM
So what you really saying is that you don't want to see car with Lamborghini doors and bondo neon?
And that you want to see every car the the car show to look like your? If I want to see "clean" car with no "different" mod I would walk into the car dealer.

QFTMFT!!!!! that's why my basic ass car would stay at the entrance and i'd go see the other really modded vehicles and i'd probably see one or two things that i'd like to eventually incorporate in my car or i just really love to look at

Vteckidd
05-15-2012, 11:13 AM
We knew Import Alliance was going to draw 4,000+ people and we still weren't willing to pay for a booth there. Caffeine and Octane is more our targeted audience than NOPI and they offer vender space for CHEAP....and we still don't do that. We can barely keep up with the business we have, the only reason we go out to events is because we honestly enjoy it and just for the coverage/marketing aspect of it.

Honestly to us it really doesn't matter if we have booth space or not, if we do then cool....if not then I can always apply for a media pass since I am a photographer, bring out a sick car and park it with promotional cards stuck under the windshield wipers.

thats my point , they need you more than you need them. Forged is probably a bad example because your guys audience is night and day different. BUT, Nopis standpoint should be to get you there in as big a way as possible for as little money as possible. "We want you to bring the GTR, the LFA, and 5 350zs and we want to promote that" should be their approach.

If that means giving you a booth for $100, so be it.

What i see is them trying to capitalize on their name that they thought was just so big itll draw people in and you should be begging them to be apart of any event they have. Its arrogant and its unfounded. They are nobody special anymore. There are events much better and bigger than them RIGHT NOW that have a good reputation.

They need to WORK their way back in. But that is not in Mark or Mikes makeup

NOPIGUY
05-15-2012, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the input. First I'll address the car show classes. Instead of 344 classes which is what I believe the last nationals had, I will be running 100 classes split equally by car makes. There will be 3 divisions: STREET - CUSTOM - WILD. Some classes will be a lot fuller than others, that's why I have the awards arranged preportionally by division and then by the number of contestants in a class. The awards are custom made of crystal glass and are very nice awards. If awards are not your thing, than don't worry about it, you probably won't win anyway. No need to stick around for the awards. Just enjoy the show.

Street - 1 in 10 is a winner
Custom - 1 in 5 is a winner
Wild -1 in 3 is a winner

This is explained in detail on NOPINATIONALS.com under Car Show link on the left side.

STREET DIVISION
AUDI - BMW - PORSCHE - MERCEDES - MINI - VW - JAGUAR - VOLVO - SAAB
• Compact
• Sport Coupe/Roadster
• Mid Size/Full Size Luxury
• Pick-up/SUV/Crossover/Van

CHEVROLET - PONTIAC - GMC - SATURN - CADILLAC - OLDSMOBILE - HUMMER
• Compact
• Sport Coupe/Roadster

DODGE - CHRYSLER - JEEP
• Compact
• Sport Coupe/Roadster

FORD - LINCOLN - MERCURY
• Compact
• Sport Coupe/Roadster

HONDA - ACURA
• Compact
• Sport Coupe/Roadster

HYUNDAI - KIA - SUZUKI - ISUZU
• Compact
• Sport Coupe/Roadster

MAZDA - MITSUBISHI - SUBARU
• Compact
• Sport Coupe/Roadster

NISSAN - INFINITI
• Compact
• Sport Coupe/Roadster

TOYOTA - LEXUS - SCION
• Compact
• Sport Coupe/Roadster

OVERALL
• Micro Compact
• Hybrid/Electric
• Asian Supercar
• European Supercar
• American Supercar
• Asian Classic - Pre 90's
• European Classic - Pre 90's
• American Classic - Pre 90's
• NOPI CHIC
• Engine Swapped
• JDM Style
• Unfinished

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
CUSTOM DIVISION
• Compact
• Sport Coupe/Roadster

• Compact
• Sport Coupe/Roadster

DODGE - CHRYSLER - JEEP
• Compact
• Sport Coupe/Roadster

FORD - LINCOLN - MERCURY
• Compact
• Sport Coupe/Roadster

HONDA - ACURA
• Compact
• Sport Coupe/Roadster

• Compact
• Sport Coupe/Roadster

• Compact
• Sport Coupe/Roadster

NISSAN - INFINITI
• Compact
• Sport Coupe/Roadster

TOYOTA - LEXUS - SCION
• Compact
• Sport Coupe/Roadster

OVERALL
• Supercar
• Classic - Pre 90's
• Engine Swapped
• JDM Style
• Unfinished
• JDM Style
• Unfinished

WILD DIVISION
• All models

• All models

DODGE - CHRYSLER - JEEP
• All models

FORD - LINCOLN - MERCURY
• All models

HONDA - ACURA
• All models

• All models

• All models

NISSAN - INFINITI
• All models

TOYOTA - LEXUS - SCION
• All models

ELITE
Elite awards are chosen for all entries

• Best Carbon Fiber
• Best Paint
• Best Engine
• Best Interior
• Best Stance
• Best Performance Vehicle

Best of show Street - $1000
Best of show Custom - $1000
Best of show Wild - $1000

NOPIGUY
05-15-2012, 02:16 PM
Next I want to address the Drag Racing and Drifting.

As of right now, there is only OPEN DRAG RACING. Free to all participants of the car show or the USACi Sound Competition. I have more racing in mind but I am only willing to risk a certain amout on the event. Any additional Drag Racing will be added as sponsors are brought on board to help finance the payout. I've just about got enough to add a Quick 32. This way anyone can enter and race all day Saturday dailing in their time and then on Sunday the quickest 32 will run eliminations bracket style for the money. I'm hoping for a 5K to 8K payout, but like I said, I will be trying to aquire more sponsor for this. We could not run a multiple class structure due to the fact that I do not have tech team in place and the classes would probably not fill up anyway. Tech will be for safty inspection only so there will be no rules to speak of unless we do not allow automatic shifters. There are 3 other drag racing programs in the works so hopefully the track will be hoppin all day, both days.

A Drift show is the same situation. I would have to rent the K-Rail and bring a team in which isn't cheap. There are still over 4 months so a lot can happen in that time.

Thanks for the suggestions on the race program. I will keep you posted as things develop.

D3UC3S
05-15-2012, 02:37 PM
thats my point , they need you more than you need them. Forged is probably a bad example because your guys audience is night and day different. BUT, Nopis standpoint should be to get you there in as big a way as possible for as little money as possible. "We want you to bring the GTR, the LFA, and 5 350zs and we want to promote that" should be their approach.

If that means giving you a booth for $100, so be it.

What i see is them trying to capitalize on their name that they thought was just so big itll draw people in and you should be begging them to be apart of any event they have. Its arrogant and its unfounded. They are nobody special anymore. There are events much better and bigger than them RIGHT NOW that have a good reputation.

They need to WORK their way back in. But that is not in Mark or Mikes makeup

Well said Mike

NOPIGUY
05-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Now I would like to address the pricing. Yes pricing is much lower.

I believe entry at the last Nationals was $65 pre or $75 day of. We've lowered the price and allowed a single entry for only $35. Also family or group packages are listed. For example 4 people coming with a show car was $140 (Pre Reg) at the last Nationals. Now it's $80

This year's car show, sound competition or drag racing entry fee for both days

$35 Pre registration - Car and Driver for both days
$55 Pre registration - Car and Driver and 1 passenger for both days
$70 Pre registration - Car and Driver and 3 passenger for both days
$80 Pre registration - Car and Driver and 4 passenger for both days

Yes, I know it got to be rather expensive at AMS with the cost of the venue and the concerts and everything. As of now this is the plan. There is still a substantial investment to have this event with and with no major sponsors as of yet, we will have to have an entry fee but like I said, it will be much less than before.

We are working very hard to put on a great event. For all the negative posts you see on here, I get 100 to 1 positive emails and phone calls about the show and about how people are glad to see it coming back. Keep the good ideas coming. As you can see, I'm am adjusting to try and make it into an event you would like to attend...hopefully.

Special thanks to:
SPOOLIN
VTECKIDD
QUICKDODGE
For not hatin' quite so much.

Vteckidd
05-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Well at least you're trying. Good luck

NOPIGUY
05-15-2012, 02:52 PM
I know it's way early but we do have sponsors and vendors signing on. I do hope the Atlanta Automotive community will give us a look.

MAHDAVI MOTORSPORTS
FOREIGN & DOMESTIC PERFORMANCE AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE
KW
PERFORMANCE SUSPENSION
ST
PERFORMANCE SUSPENSION
BELLTECH
PERFORMANCE TRUCK SUSPENSION.
LSD
PREMIUM VERTICAL DOORS.
STREET GLOW
CUSTOM AUTOMOTIVE LIGHTING
COMPETITION CLUTCH
PERFORMANCE CLUTCH SYSTEMS
OPTIMA BATTERIES
PREMIUM BATTERIES
AMERICAN SHIFTER COMPANY
SHIFTERS & INTERIOR ACCESSORIES
AURORA INSTRUMENTS
AUTOMOTIVE GAUGES
AUTO LOC
CUSTOM AUTOMOTIVE COMPONENTS
STELLAR
SECURITY SYSTEMS
TRIGGER
HORNS
VINTAGE PARTS
VINTAGE AUTOMOTIVE COMPONENTS
HELIX
SUSPENSION STEERING BRAKES
WATERBABIES BIKINIS
COMPETITION SWIMWEAR
ZIRGO
AUTOMOTIVE COOLING PRODUCTS
KEEP IT CLEAN
WIRING ACCESSORIES

SPOOLIN
05-15-2012, 06:28 PM
hahaha you're welcome

stretch
05-15-2012, 09:44 PM
But u know wat, even though they clearly don't give a shit, and talk to us however they feel, watch a good amount of people still go support this event. I'm sure though that it will be only because ain't much else to do as far as events in GA. Nopi needs to get up with the times, get people involved, get feedback from the public and take it from there. It's 2012 not 2001.....

SPOOLIN
05-15-2012, 10:12 PM
But u know wat, even though they clearly don't give a shit, and talk to us however they feel, watch a good amount of people still go support this event. I'm sure though that it will be only because ain't much else to do as far as events in GA. Nopi needs to get up with the times, get people involved, get feedback from the public and take it from there. It's 2012 not 2001.....

you guys were just spoiled.com up north LOL

boostedb16
05-15-2012, 11:31 PM
lower price
less dick heads behind the parts counter "if there will be one"
no concerts
no burn out contest
no under construction class "painted cars only"
clear it with the local police to not pull every freaking car over that passes by

last take a look around the parking lot, theres more cars there that deserve to be in the show than half the ones that are in it.

stretch
05-16-2012, 01:12 AM
you guys were just spoiled.com up north LOLLol.....not spoilt at all. It's just that I think if Nopi is coming back after all that happened in the past, I think they should have people from the public and shops that are big in the scene, etc, assist in putting inns good first impression so it can be the best it can be. People are watching and waiting for it to fail, trust me. But if reputable people endorse it, people will feel better about messing with Nopi again. At least in my opinion that is. We need more events in GA by all means, but if ur getting a venue like commerce, use it to its fullest. Try checking out Honda Day in new York. They have bikini contest, giveaways, vendors.....lots of vendors, car giveaway, raffle, etc, but still yet have record breaking fast cars at the event breaking records and putting on a show. It can be done, if Nopi apply themselves the right way. Ok I'm done now...lol

1civic
05-16-2012, 06:02 AM
No drag racing no care!!

B18c1Turboed
05-16-2012, 07:40 AM
Yup if they based it like Honda day it could be huge! I mean Honda day has to close gates by lunch time since it's so packed. Mike I think for what you charge people go race you can have 2 or 3 fields and pay a couple guys to put everyone in correct classes. I personally wouldn't go if racing wasn't involved, reason being I can go to varsity and see the same cars for free :)

Vteckidd
05-16-2012, 08:37 AM
Ill give you some free advice.

LSD
PREMIUM VERTICAL DOORS.
STREET GLOW
CUSTOM AUTOMOTIVE LIGHTING
AMERICAN SHIFTER COMPANY
SHIFTERS & INTERIOR ACCESSORIES
AURORA INSTRUMENTS
AUTOMOTIVE GAUGES
AUTO LOC
CUSTOM AUTOMOTIVE COMPONENTS
KEEP IT CLEAN
WIRING ACCESSORIES

No disrespect, but no one cares about Vertical doors, shaved door handles, automotive lighting, and wire loom kits. Thats 1999. the only decent vendor i see is KW Suspension. Other than that, i dont see one company with parts most of these people care about. Also, no offense, but the big national companies like Optima, Beltech, while they may have a big following, its not going to coerce people to come out and see them. I can go to Autozone and pick up an Optima battery. I can go to SUmmit and check out Beltech.

I dont really understand your thinking. The list of vendors just isnt impressive and 90% of your audience doesnt care. No one goes to shows to buy suspension or batteries. Maybe in 99 they did, not now.

You should focus on LOCAL vendors, people that your audience can interact and see with on a monthly basis. Examples:
Forged Performance
Mainstream Performance
Topspeed
ZEN Motors
Caffeine and Octane people
Importatlanta
240Atlanta
WRXAtlanta
Competition Clutch
Vossen(I think they are local)
Fastlane
American Performance and Fabrication (John Les shop?)
NOS energy Drink

Then you should reach out to the local Varsity meets on the first thursday of every month and get people interested in going. Then you should listen to what the racers are saying. You are having a show at a DRAG RACING location, structure the classes the way they want them. I bet even if you didnt have BIG PAYOUTS THEY WOULD STILL COME because of bragging rights. There are so FEW drag racing events, people in ATLANTA would probably LOVE to show up just to run their car and practice. you dont have to have some $1000 payout.

As far as the car show stuff goes, i would have Best in Show, Best stance (since that is what kids love these days), Cleanest Engine bay, Best Honda, Best Domestic and leave it at that.

THERE IS NO NEED FOR WILD classes and the other classes you have. Have you EVEN BEEN TO A CAR "SHOW" LATELY? They are DEAD. No one shows up anymore because no one is into CAR SHOWS. They are into MEETS. MEETS ARENT CAR SHOWS to this crowd.

Sounds like you have a LOT of research to do, you have lost your target audience and do not know what is popular anymore. Part of this will be admitting you are out of touch and that you need to start over.

I see you have Mahdavi on your list , talk to them. They have been around for YEARs. Ask them what is popular. I guarantee they say some of the same things i am. Mahdavi had a premiere party for FAST FIVE last year, it was an AWESOME event. They had NOS involved, lots of people showed up, lots of locals. etc. Mahdavi could help you figure out what you need to do IMO. They are probably one of your best assets.

My last point is you need LOCAL VENDORS to get LOCAL PEOPLE to show up. Once you have that base covered, you can start going after national vendors. You should look at vendors in the SE that consumers actually like to see.

good luck.

EDIT: the only 2 good vendors i see are Competition Clutch and Mahdavi Motorsports, those are 2 good local pickups and people like both places. Stick more to those types of choices IMO

LIKEG6
05-16-2012, 09:01 AM

No disrespect, but no one cares about Vertical doors, shaved door handles, automotive lighting, and wire loom kits. Thats 1999. the only decent vendor i see is KW Suspension. Other than that, i dont see one company with parts most of these people care about. Also, no offense, but the big national companies like Optima, Beltech, while they may have a big following, its not going to coerce people to come out and see them. I can go to Autozone and pick up an Optima battery. I can go to SUmmit and check out Beltech.

I dont really understand your thinking. The list of vendors just isnt impressive and 90% of your audience doesnt care. No one goes to shows to buy suspension or batteries. Maybe in 99 they did, not now.

You should focus on LOCAL vendors, people that your audience can interact and see with on a monthly basis. Examples:
Forged Performance
Mainstream Performance
Topspeed
ZEN Motors
Importatlanta
240Atlanta
WRXAtlanta
Competition Clutch
Fastlane
NOS energy Drink

Then you should reach out to the local Varsity meets on the first thursday of every month and get people interested in going. Then you should listen to what the racers are saying. You are having a show at a DRAG RACING location, structure the classes the way they want them. I bet even if you didnt have BIG PAYOUTS THEY WOULD STILL COME because of bragging rights. There are so FEW drag racing events, people in ATLANTA would probably LOVE to show up just to run their car and practice. you dont have to have some $1000 payout.

As far as the car show stuff goes, i would have Best in Show, Best stance (since that is what kids love these days), Cleanest Engine bay, Best Honda, Best Domestic and leave it at that.

THERE IS NO NEED FOR WILD classes and the other classes you have. Have you EVEN BEEN TO A CAR "SHOW" LATELY? They are DEAD. No one shows up anymore because no one is into CAR SHOWS. They are into MEETS. MEETS ARENT CAR SHOWS to this crowd.

Sounds like you have a LOT of research to do, you have lost your target audience and do not know what is popular anymore. Part of this will be admitting you are out of touch and that you need to start over.

I see you have Mahdavi on your list , talk to them. They have been around for YEARs. Ask them what is popular. I guarantee they say some of the same things i am. Mahdavi had a premiere party for FAST FIVE last year, it was an AWESOME event. They had NOS involved, lots of people showed up, lots of locals. etc. Mahdavi could help you figure out what you need to do IMO. They are probably one of your best assets.

My last point is you need LOCAL VENDORS to get LOCAL PEOPLE to show up. Once you have that base covered, you can start going after national vendors. You should look at vendors in the SE that consumers actually like to see.

good luck.

EDIT: the only 2 good vendors i see are Competition Clutch and Mahdavi Motorsports, those are 2 good local pickups and people like both places. Stick more to those types of choices IMO

This

Vteckidd
05-16-2012, 09:09 AM
Oh and

I believe entry at the last Nationals was $65 pre or $75 day of. We've lowered the price and allowed a single entry for only $35. Also family or group packages are listed. For example 4 people coming with a show car was $140 (Pre Reg) at the last Nationals. Now it's $80

This year's car show, sound competition or drag racing entry fee for both days

$35 Pre registration - Car and Driver for both days
$55 Pre registration - Car and Driver and 1 passenger for both days
$70 Pre registration - Car and Driver and 3 passenger for both days
$80 Pre registration - Car and Driver and 4 passenger for both days

Your justification for the price you want to charge by using past Nopi shows costs is irrelevant. WHat is relevant is your direct competition in the form of EVENTS that are going on right now. Lets take a look shall we:

Import Faceoff

PRICES AT THE GATE
Spectator $17 ($15 with flier at gate) *fliers printed off computer OK to use - right click on flyer image, print (B&W OK). Coupon only good for spectator admission.
Children 10 and under FREE
Car Show Entry $30 (does not include free passenger pass). *Note, IFO only charges $30 per car show entry, not $50 to $60 like other events that claim to give a "free" passenger pass.
Test and Tune Drag Racer $30 (open to any make/model)
Competition Drag Racer $30 (imports and sport compacts only)
Burnout Contest FREE

Import Showdown

Pricing
Gate Fee (Racers and Spectators): $10 **
Racing Fee: $20 ***

Import Alliance

SPRING MEET
Admission is $10.00 per car.

SUMMER MEET
Admission is $20.00 per person. The admission will also get your car inside.

Those are the 3 biggest car/drag racing events , and you are already more expensive than any of them, and they have been operating for SEVERAL years problem free. IA has only gotten BIGGER, not smaller. Now you are trying to do both Racing AND "SHOW" so you can probably get away with a little bit of a price increase, but im telling you no one cares about car shows anymore.

You would be wise to strip the classes and just make it a MEET, maybe hand out some awards like i said.

CHADbee
05-16-2012, 09:48 AM

Forged Performance
Mainstream Performance
Topspeed
ZEN Motors
Importatlanta
240Atlanta
WRXAtlanta
Competition Clutch
Fastlane
NOS energy Drink

good luck.

You should send NOPI an invoice for this post. If they don't listen to anything else, it better be this^

Nobody gives a shit about car shows anymore. People want legit drag racing classes and to see drifting. NOT pay money for somebody else to tell them what they think about their car.

mcwheels
05-16-2012, 11:04 AM
Edit: talked to Nopi guys, and I misread how they worded things. You can't tell when people are joking unless smilies are used.

:

Import AllianceSPRING MEET: Admission is $10.00 per car. SUMMER MEET: Admission is $20.00 per person. The admission will also get your car inside.

Those are the 3 biggest car/drag racing events , and you are already more expensive than any of them, and they have been operating for SEVERAL years problem free. IA has only gotten BIGGER, not smaller. Now you are trying to do both Racing AND "SHOW" so you can probably get away with a little bit of a price increase, but im telling you no one cares about car shows anymore.
You would be wise to strip the classes and just make it a MEET, maybe hand out some awards like i said.

I hate to say this but you have a point. there's alot of interest in drag/drift events, plus the meet-style events where no one wins a damn thing but respect of the people around you (to some people that's more important) have gotten more popular.

Hey Nopi people, How about this: $20/person, that gets cars into the gates too; Add $15 per person to drag race (regardless of if the car is already registered with another driver)?

Axix23
05-16-2012, 02:22 PM
last time I checked, "Mahdavi Motorsports" is local.. Their shop was around before any of this shops were around in ATL. Maybe Mainstream was around, idk when they opened shop.

Vteckidd
05-16-2012, 02:54 PM
last time I checked, "Mahdavi Motorsports" is local.. Their shop was around before any of this shops were around in ATL. Maybe Mainstream was around, idk when they opened shop.

They listed Mahdavi Motorsports and Competition Clutch. Thats not enough. AND there are other reasons why those 2 are listed, they have a long standing business relationship with NOPI. I guarantee any NOPI event that was thrown those 2 would be listed. Its not like NOPI convinced them to show up, it was a given. (IMO of course based upon inside information i know).

Mahdavi is a good source for information that NOPI should use, but they also need to do whateer it takes to get the other local people involved.

Julio
05-16-2012, 07:53 PM

Forged Performance
Mainstream Performance
Topspeed
ZEN Motors
Importatlanta
240Atlanta
WRXAtlanta
Competition Clutch
Fastlane
NOS energy Drink

good luck.

I would suggest hiring Vteckidd for some advice..show would be a success..

End thread..

03RCode
05-16-2012, 10:45 PM
Will there be any type of SPL competition at this years show? The car audio scene in GA is growing rapidly, and I know myself as well as SEVERAL others would make the trip if there was going to be. We are constantly looking for shows to hit every weekend, a big event like this could draw a serious crowd.

NOPIGUY
05-16-2012, 11:13 PM
USACi will be having a Triple Points / World Record event.

Link to classes:
http://nopinationals.com/index.php?vn=SND12

mcwheels
05-16-2012, 11:31 PM
Dude, I didn't know car audio was coming back! I've heard connectivity is big in head units, but how much of the scene is back like it was a while ago?

SPOOLIN
05-17-2012, 09:35 AM
its not, IFO has USAC competitions only because of the few idiots that do show up and constantly blare their crap all day long. The records for car audio now are just manufacturer direct battles.

Vteckidd
05-17-2012, 09:47 AM
yeah most sound competitions from what i heard is just between manufacturers. Its not nearly big enough to really hold a competition. Again, if youre going to blame the economy for dragging the "scene" and "shows" down, and your argument is you have to make money to put on these shows, you should focus on the events that bring the largest demographic and not spread yourself too thin.

MEETS
DRAG RACING
DRIFTING

those are the 3 biggest things going right now

quickdodgeฎ
05-17-2012, 08:11 PM
USACi will be having a Triple Points / World Record event.

Link to classes:
http://nopinationals.com/index.php?vn=SND12

Apology accepted. Later, QD.

03RCode
05-17-2012, 09:13 PM
Dude, I didn't know car audio was coming back! I've heard connectivity is big in head units, but how much of the scene is back like it was a while ago?

It's growing RAPIDLY, we just try to keep a low profile. Come out to some shows, message me if you need info on them. Shows are having the best turnouts since 06.

CSquared
05-17-2012, 09:34 PM
Why doesnt ia take vteckidds advice and throw their own damn meet?

frostbyte
05-20-2012, 03:15 PM
Amen... To that ^^^

Axix23
05-21-2012, 07:28 PM
i say, get rid of the car show entirely and just make it into a huge car meet with drag racing classes and car stereo crap. $15-$20 for all weekend to bring your car in. And extra $10 to drag race/car stereo.. $5-$10 for spectators.

quickdodgeฎ
05-21-2012, 07:37 PM
i say, get rid of the car show entirely and just make it into a huge car meet with drag racing classes and car stereo crap. $15-$20 for all weekend to bring your car in. And extra $10 to drag race/car stereo.. $5-$10 for spectators.

That does NOT sound like a good idea at all. Later, QD.

-EnVus-
05-21-2012, 07:58 PM
x2 I didn't know people still invested into car stereo stuff these days...Also Its not always just about racing or race ready cars hell those are not the photo worthy cars IMO.

B18c1Turboed
05-21-2012, 08:21 PM
This coming from someone that doesnt support the sport at all. Whens the last time you been to a event to support it?
THe biggest thing in GA is racing not the car show scene anymore. For example IMport Showdown dont even have a car show and look how packed that event gets.

People from Atl Drive 2 hours just to watch a race, imagine if it was closer and bigger. When you support the sport then you opinion matters

JITB
05-21-2012, 09:06 PM
Ia has "had" the ability to hold their own event...but I'm not sure if there are enough members willing to actually come out and support it. Imagine if the people that complained so much put that effort into these events!

But I hope the nope event is good...I'll try my hardest to help spread the word out of state to get some quality vehicles to make the trip!

quickdodgeฎ
05-21-2012, 11:10 PM
This coming from someone that doesnt support the sport at all. Whens the last time you been to a event to support it?
THe biggest thing in GA is racing not the car show scene anymore. For example IMport Showdown dont even have a car show and look how packed that event gets.

People from Atl Drive 2 hours just to watch a race, imagine if it was closer and bigger. When you support the sport then you opinion matters

Lolol. I'm not going to argue with you, man. Those (arguing) days are over. I, as well as a lot of people, know otherwise from what you say. Later, QD.

Vteckidd
05-22-2012, 11:41 AM
Complaining? They asked for feedback so people are giving it.

Racing doesnt bring in 1/2 the cars Import Alliance does. IA had something like 5000 cars? But racing brings out a group that is still profitable and big. Combining both aspects to draw both crowds would be beneficial to justify the price Nopi wants to charge.

JITB
05-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Complaining? They asked for feedback so people are giving it.

Racing doesnt bring in 1/2 the cars Import Alliance does. IA had something like 5000 cars? But racing brings out a group that is still profitable and big. Combining both aspects to draw both crowds would be beneficial to justify the price Nopi wants to charge.

Complaining as in the other 5 threads on here about everything sucking and being bad.

As mentioned earlier those sponsors listed are really relevant to the younger generation these days. I would truly say scale down nopi and build it back up by re introducing yourselves with whats relevant abd whats popular with the audience. The first thing people associate with nopi is what was cool 10 years ago. The money is there people will gladly pay good money to go in a good event to stare at cars especially with racing evolved, kind of what i stated to you on the sf forums mr.nopiman!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Vteckidd
05-22-2012, 01:07 PM
I just think NOPI has to realize that people are throwing better events through grass roots internet campaigns than ever before. No one wants trophies anymore, their ''trophy" is having their picture taken by 50 photographers at that particular meet and having it posted online across several forums nationwide. That is their "trophy".

JITB
05-22-2012, 01:10 PM
I just think NOPI has to realize that people are throwing better events through grass roots internet campaigns than ever before. No one wants trophies anymore, their ''trophy" is having their picture taken by 50 photographers at that particular meet and having it posted online across several forums nationwide. That is their "trophy".

Exactly

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

yerrow
05-22-2012, 10:17 PM

BINGO!!!

CSquared
05-23-2012, 07:26 PM
I won a trophy once... its somewhere in a box... but im always excited to see if someone snapped a shot of my car.

So... agreed.