PDA

View Full Version : Good Suspension Setup?

BarnDog296
12-02-2005, 01:32 PM
I am replacing my stock suspension (amazingly it is still original equipment - 160,000 miles!)

I was wondering if the setup I am planning on buying is a good setup? Its for a S13 HB

The Plan is to get KYB AGX shocks and struts, with Tein S-Tech Springs. It will drop the car about 1.5" (not enough to get camber adjustments) I am also wondering if I am doing the install myself, is there anything else I should get before I get in there and start finding all kinds of problems? For instance, would it be beneficial to get a full new set of bushings?

obd1kenobi
12-02-2005, 01:43 PM
Mos Def get the bushing, Check the tie-rods, they may be bad! Other than that, Maybe the strut mounts but thats all.

TallGuy
12-12-2005, 03:56 PM
Koni yellows and Ground control slipovers, by far the best suspension iv ever had....IMO

yudalicious
12-14-2005, 03:48 PM
Koni yellows and Ground control slipovers, by far the best suspension iv ever had....IMO
If you don't mind cutting the strut housing and inserting the KONI inserts, plus the rears are not externally adjustable on the 240sx, boo to KONI for otherwise great shocks.
I'd suggest getting the RSR down springs rather than the Tein Stechs... I tihnk they're a little more stiff and lower the car a little less.
After that, get subframe spacers/bushings, and you'll be set.