PDA

View Full Version : stumped on why rpm is bouncing

Theycall_Metue
05-05-2012, 09:56 AM
b20z2 in a 94 integra gsr. used obd1 automatic engine harness.
things i've done:
swap obd2 alternator to obd1
rewire obd2 injector clips onto obd1 wire harness and use obd2 injectors
swap obd2 distributor to obd1
obd1 virgin ls ecu

before when the gsr motor was still in, every thing was fine. the rpm gauge never bounce.
for couple days, everything ran fine till 2 days ago. the rpm would bounce up and down to correct rpm rapidly. its not like revving bounce. it jumps as if there was a electrical issue. when the rpm starts bouncing, i can feel a bog or a lost of power. sometimes, the motor will shut off while driving ( just like as if distributor crapped out while driving ) and sometimes, it'll get a miss fire. motor runs rich when rpm bounce ( i shot a fireball yesterday ).

i've swap
brand new distributor
new ngk spark plug wires
new ngk v-power spark plugs
added a speed sensor ( didnt have one before )

still doing it. i dont think its the map sensor nor the tps. only code im throwing is o2 sensor before and after a test drive.

Austin?
05-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Check your alternator. When my alternator was going out it kinda did the same thing.

Sir_Christopher
05-05-2012, 12:28 PM
also chech the wires in the plug for the distrubutor, both ends, mine was doing that and it was because one of my wires were loose and not connected

Theycall_Metue
05-05-2012, 03:42 PM
I'll double check the alternator. The white charging wire was burnt so I strip it and rewired. Plugs on the dizzy are good. I already double checked it and also used some high voltage gel on every connection.

-EnVus-
05-05-2012, 04:12 PM
IS it just the rpm needle bouncing or does it affect the car idle and running also ?

Theycall_Metue
05-05-2012, 04:30 PM
it bogs when the rpm goes crazy

1civic
05-05-2012, 05:22 PM
Igniter in dizzy is going bad, also check ground on thermostat housing..

Theycall_Metue
05-05-2012, 06:57 PM
i swapped to a brand new distributor and still has same issue. ground is fine and i also added 2 extra ground on the driver side.

1civic
05-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Then it's your wiring at the dizzy plug...

1civic
05-05-2012, 07:10 PM
Things I've seen cause that were a bad Ignitor, bad ground from dizzy to head, and loose ground on thermostat housing, and of-course faulting wiring at the dizzy plug..

Sir_Christopher
05-05-2012, 11:38 PM
^ WHAT HE SAID, i had the same problems, thats wh i said check all the wires to the dizzy, both sides